JV's Hostel Reviews

2F, No.57, Aly.50 Ln.39, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

Great place and awesome people! Thank you Rice, for not only being a great hostess, but also a good friend! I really enjoyed my stay at JV's hostel! I loved that it's right in the middle of a market, there's always food at your doorsteps! It's a busy, happening place, people working there will always help you find something to do in the city. Would definitely stay there again. Thank You!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Svetka

JV's is your standard fare hostel situated next to a bustling night and morning market in downtown Taipei. You'll feel comfortable at JV's and you will have access to the heart of Taipei and it's conveniences. Beyond that, JV's isn't too different...well except for Rice. Hopefully, Rice is there if you check in, she is the charm of JV's.

The moment I walked in, I was greeted by a very friendly staff member who quickly gave me a tour of the place. Actually - all the staff members are super friendly and welcoming. Rice (yup - that's her name) will most certainly introduce you to the others and help break the ice for you so you'll be socializing in no time without feeling awkward! Justin is quite knowledgeable about places in Taiwan so if you got questions, he'll most certainly have answers or suggestions for you. Overall great!

• 29th Jun 2014

Awesome hostel, great location. Nice night and day market around the corner. Would definitely come back when I return to Taipei.

• 26th Jun 2014

The is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staffs are so nice and friendly. The location is a little bit difficult to find but is close to a night market where has plenty of delicious food. I will definitely go back to this hostel if I have the chance to visit Taipei again.

Great place since it's near the tonghua night market and Taipei 101. Friendly staff and the map of the area that they give you saved me many times since it's my first time in Taiwan. I will miss this place.

• 25th Jun 2014

The most helpfull staff will make you feel at home from the moment you enter. Great place all in all.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Finland

I loved JVs hostel!! Rice, Keri, and Ann were all really really nice and friendly to me and the other guests! The location is perfect, very close to Taipei 101, a subway station, and a huge night market! JVs hostel was absolutely perfect! The rooms were clean and big aswell. It was my favourite part of my 2 month trip in Taiwan!

• 21st Jun 2014

I'd say that the highlight of JV's Hostel is the warm and caring staff; Tai-Yin and Rice really went above and beyond in their kindness and recommendations for sightseeing. I planned on only staying 2 nights but ended up here a total of 6 nights, I felt safe and really loved Taipei!

The staffs are so nice and helpful, especially Ann. And she's very friendly and pretty cute. All of you should stay here if you visit Taipei. The location is a bit too difficult to be found. Still, JV's Hostel is great in overall.

I thought the space was very clean and the staff friendly and accommodating.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • laviniaroberts280

Super lovely staff, convenient location and so clean hostel!! Jv's hostel is one of the best hostels I've been to. Only 5-10 mins to MRT station surrounded couple of famous spots (of course including Night Market!). Staffs are really nice and helpful(especially Rice!) as well as they always keep the place clean. I couldn't ask for more!!

• South Korea

All is good. They provide good service. Facilities are complete. The minus only if you stay in highest room, you will get exhausted, because no lift there.

• Indonesia

Staff is so friendly and welcoming! They made my first two days in the country so lovely. Perfect location too! If I ever again needed to stay in a hostel in Taipei...this would be it :)

• 13th Jun 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful with recommending things for me to do during my trip. The location is great. It's right by a night market so you can eat and do a bit of shopping. It's also about 15 minutes walk to the famed Taipei 101. It was a bit hard to find even with the directions, but I eventually found it with the help of a couple of the locals...Taiwanese people are so friendly. The stay here was well-worth it.

Good hostel, great location (close to a night market and Taipei 101), friendly staff, good facilities. I had a great time here. Will definitely return when I go to Taiwan.

the air conditioner was making so much noise that I canot sleep at night.

• 6th Jun 2014

很不错哦!设施齐全,外面就是夜市,很方便。小米人很好,热情又漂亮,而且真的是很用心很努力地在经营,支持你哦,加油!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • China

Very good location, good staff, value for money. Highly recommended.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

Very good place. But it's a little noisy when I fell asleep.