JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

This hostel is really great! Good location right next to shops and night markets, only a short walk from MRT. The common room is always a great place to socialise and chill out - I met lots of great people here. The dorm room was very comfy (good AC, nice beds), the facilities are great (good kitchen, laundry, bathrooms), and the staff will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay (Thanks Rice!). This hostel is one of the friendliest and homeliest in Taiwan!

You need to change the old and noisy running AC in room as soon as possible. Also you need a night guard because it was really noisy in front of the dorms at night (after 1 pm)!

Awesome place! Really, what more could you asked for? Clean hostel, fast wifi, safe, walking distance to the mrt, & heater! Definitely would come back!

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

Good location, friendly and helpful staff! A good place to stay.

My favourite host I've stayed in on my 9 week trip around East Asia. The way the common room is set out everyone goes up there and sits together. 12 of us in total went out to some bars and had such a good night. Location is great, staff are so helpful (thanks rice! Yoyoyoyyoyoyoyoy) I'd recommend this hostel to all backpackers.

Of all my hostels this is in my top 3!! Rice (staff) was amazing and so friendly. Great communal area where everyone got together and we had a movie night. Literally on the doorstep to one of the night markets and 5min walk to station - great location. On our last day there was heavy rain but Rice insisted on walking us to the station as we didn't have umbrellas and waited until our bus came - says alot about the staff!! Wish I stayed longer but I'll deffo be back!! Thanks Rice :)

This hostel was amazing! Met some brilliant people here, and the host (Rice) was a small delight! She was amazingly helpful (and very enthusiastic!) - I left my wallet in the hostel and she has been an angel in helping me send it back to my hometown :) Hostel is clean and very spacious, with an excellent common area. I cannot recommend this hostel enough, great location minutes from the metro train and street food, great atmosphere, and again, a wonderful bunch of hosts - especially Rice ;)

I used this hostel for short trip. The owner of this hostel was very kind and she told me advice about the travel. The room was also very comfortable. If I go to Taipei again, I will utilize this hostel surely!!

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Japan

Place was fantastic, staff are unbelievable, so helpful and friendly, left my bag there for weeks while I was travelling and they didn't charge anything. Rice you made my taiwan experience unforgettable would definitely recommend

Rice the host was great! Every time she works she will go around the corner for breakfast and take a group of guests!

We stayed in the individual room. Security is good. 2 times locked(enterance and door) Location is good. Near Tonghuwa night market. It takes around 10 minuts from Xinyi Anhe MRT by walk. Staff is excellent, Very kind, helpful and friendly. Room is small but clean, quiet and cozy. I would like to back to here again.

• 15th Aug 2015