JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

The hostel Is really nice, clean and in a super convenient location. The staff are really kind and helpful. Thank's again to Rice for give me a lot of informations and she also showed me the bus stop for the airport! I really suggest this hostel for your trip in Taipei.

• 18th Feb 2015

I really enjoyed the great atmosphere at this hostel. After check in at the hostel and looking for my room, i went to the living room and i immediatly met other nice people! The staff also is really friendly and helped me whenever i got any questions. Location is also great!

• 18th Feb 2015

BEST hostel i ever stayed in. Stayed here the first few days of my time in Taiwan and from the first minute it felt if I was home. The staff is so friendly and help ful . The girl Rice nows everything about Taipei and Taiwan. After my check in we went for some lunch whit some people and rice. And when i checked out she went all the way to the bus whit me and my friend. Haha she is awesome. The hostel it self is really nice and close to a night market. The metro station is not far away either ;)

• 17th Feb 2015
  • JasperHoog

A well placed hostel near a night market and close to transporr with very helpful and friendly staff.

One of the best hostels Iv ever stayed at in my life

• 15th Feb 2015

Great hostel. Good value. Good location. My one complaint would be that there are no lockers in the room I stayed in. Taiwanese girl who greeted up on february 14 was very nice and friendly.

• 14th Feb 2015

If you stay at JV's you are not only a guest but also a friend. I can really recommend the hostel, lovely staff!

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. It's clean, people are friendly, staff are amazing, and it's a great place to meet people of you're travelling alone. As it's located very near to a night market, it's perfect for bringing snacks back to share in the common room. Rice was fantastic, and she went out of her way to help everyone by taking us to restaurants, recommending sights, explaining how to get everywhere, and even taking us on a day trip to the beach! Highly recommended.

The stay was enjoyable, I met with a lot of nice people, and traveled with some of them. It was surprising how many fellow teachers were travelling at that time. The team of staff working there are very friendly. I've met with Rice, Olivia, Peter and Vanessa. Rice took a group of us out to the beach on her day off, and also made great recommendations for trips in and around Taipei. The location is really good, almost right above the Tonghua night market. Clean and cheap but no elevators.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

One of the cleanest, coolest hostels I've been to, and the staff (Rice, Jenny, Olivia) are awesome. Oh, and Rice knows a good place nearby to get sweet haircuts!

• 10th Feb 2015

JV's is one of (if not The) best hostels I've stayed at. I love how clean it is and the security is great. It is a quiet place that shuts down around 11, and I enjoyed that. Tonghua night market is great and super close if you're ever hungry and want some delicious eats. Most of all I'd have to say the staff is what makes it so great. Rice and Jenny are two very helpful, kind girls willing to show you around a bit.

It was very nice experience because of your staffs. They are very friendly n helpful. Especially, Rice is very kind. Thank you so much!!!

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Japan

Location is nice near mrt and taipei 101.. The staff are good and very accommodating.. Unfortunately, the hostel do not accept any credit card...

I've stayed at JVs hostel last time I was in Taipei which is what fueled my desire to stay there again. Both times I've stayed there its been great. I absolutely love that every time I seem to go there, the people you meet are great and want to travel about and the staff are always ready to help you if you need help with something. The hostel is right next to a night market, not far from restaurants and about a 10min walk to 2 different mrt station. Would recommend!

The staff here are amazing, really friendly and knowledgeable. Location is also brilliant. I recommend.

location is extremely convenient because the night market is 15 seconds away from the hostel. Staff are super nice and very accommodated to our needs, but since it is on a busy street, so motorbikes noise is quite common, other than that everything is excellent again, will stay again if coming back to Taipei.

Perfect hostel!! My group had come from another hostel, and our experience with JV was much better. Olivia and Rice were extremely helpful! They had the best attitudes and helped contribute majorly to the greatest travel experience my group has ever had. Thank you again JV!!

• 4th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Overall it was an ok stay. I though the rooms and condition was a little dirty, there were mildew smells and the bathroom flooded and the rooms has dust. I think its ok, but its not as clean as the other hostels I stayed in taiwan. However, I am pretty sure it still a lot better than a typical hostel. The location is good, near 101 taipei and about 15-20 minutes walk. There is a night market nearby, a little small, but still go. The big street near the hostel has a lot of nice local foods to eat

Thanks to Rice (hope I spelelde that correctly) I got all Information needed rigth after arriving and including some valuable tips such as that there is the TPE Free WiFi or about the pricing in the NM. Bringing me to the bus stop in made my depature easier for the "technical" part.

Love this hostel, primarily because of the staff. Friendliest hostel staff I have ever met, Rice gave me a very detailed map of all the things to see and eat in Taipei and invited hostel guests to dinner and breakfast with her, great if you've just arrived / travelling alone and feel a little disorientated! Jennie was great, too. Cute rooms and common area. Hostel easy to find. Thanks guys!

• 31st Jan 2015