JV's Hostel Reviews

2F., No.57, Aly. 50, Ln. 39, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

Staff member rice is really helpful and makes you feel at home.

• 23rd May 2014

The environment of the hostel is warm and the design is amazing, love the color painted wall. The staff is very friendly, thanks for providing a comfortable stay.

• 21st May 2014
  • Hong Kong

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The room is very clean and comfortable. Shared toilets and showers are clean too. Would definitely want to stay back here when I come to Taipei again next time!

• 19th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Stayed with my family even though it was more of a youth hostel. Staff (didnt get her name!) was really friendly! She recommended stuff for us to do around the city and told us stuff we should try or avoid. She also made sure everything was comfortable for us and didnt mind the incessant asking from my parents. Thumbs up! However the beds were a little uncomfortable and location a bit difficult to find (it was located in an alley and the taxi driver had to call for the staff to fetch us)

Seriously amazing staff and an awesome location. The community room is great and encourages meeting other people. Worth every penny for the experience.

Vanessa was really kind with us, our flight was delayed and she called us to confirm us the taxi service and to know if everything was Ok. She gave us good advice too.

• 16th May 2014

I've been to a lot of different hostels in Taipei (since I spent quite a long time there) and can say there are no great ones. But within the possibilities, JV's is possibly the best one. Great atmosphere, with ppl from all around the world coming in and out everyday, very friendly staff, great location (right in the middle of a night market - for food - and 30 min walk from Taipei 101 - for entertainment, clubbing)

I really enjoyed my stay in Taipei because of JV hostel. We were located next to a great night market and close to the MRT. The staff was super helpful too.

Awesome place close to a night market, it's easy to find if you follow the directions from the booking. The staff are very helpful and friendly, they can give you a lot of recommendations of nice places to go. Great atmosphere, I extended my stay for two more nights. Just go!

Great job! I think you are the best hostel i have stayed at. I recommend writing instructions for the A/C in English.

No sign of the street name and hostel name which difficult to find this hostel at the first time.

• 10th May 2014
  • Thailand

Lovely Taiwan girl 'Hannah' who greeted me and was very helpful with my stay. The other foreigner guy with glasses very impolite and not welcoming, very demanding to pay up straight away. The hostel itself was clean, great facilities and well placed.

Very nicely decorated place, has a lot of character. I only stayed a night and didn't spend too much time in the hostel but when I was there, the staff were pretty helpful. Great value for the price--I stayed in the 6 mixed dorm and the place is a lot of room for luggage and places to put your stuff in. Right next to the Tonghua night market and a good walk to the train station. I'd definitely stay here again when I'm visiting taipei next time!

My experience with JV's was fantastic and I recommend it for all travelers. The location in the night market and by the 101 Tower gives excellent access to all amenities of the city, and one can be close to the action, or in the peaceful quiet. It is highly convenient and the staff could not have been more helpful. Whether it was assisting with lost items or just general questions about the city, they were on point. With a perfect combination of professionalism and fun, we were very satisfied.

• 2nd May 2014

really cool stay, thanks just missing a common room in the bldg 2 maybe.

I've stayed in 3 hostels in Taipei and this one was my favorite! Location was very good - right near Tonghua night market. It's also very close to nearby nightlife. My favorite part about this hostel was how social everyone was! During my three months of travel, this was probably the most social hostel I've been to - and without the obnoxious drunken craziness. And who can forget Xiao Mi? She's super nice and an absolute doll! Only complaint was that it's a bit hard to find without GPS.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Actually the most helpful I've ever encountered in my just over 3 months backpacking trip. They went out of their ways to show people around on their days off just to give us a better experience in Taipei. There was a blind guy staying here for a few days and the staff really makes a lot of effort to make sure he gets around in the city ok. I personally highly appreciate all the staffs hard work and kindness.

The staff was really friebdly, laid back and ready to help. Was more like visiting friends or relatives than a hostel.

The smell in the male dormitory is unpleasant.

Everything worked well and it is easy to find, if you exactly follow the description. It's located in a tiny parallel street of a night market. The housing is as expected for a hostel. Everything was clean and the showers, toilets are shared (were clean as well). Staff was nice.