JV's Hostel Reviews

2F, No.57, Aly.50 Ln.39, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

Little Rice is very nice and friendly ;) The hostel is comfortable and I will come again.

excellent hostel!!!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • China

It was difficult to find at first even with the instructions. But after u get there and walk to the subway, you will find that it's actually quite straight forward, having only to walk along the street and turn in at COMEBUY. Rice was super friendly and helpful and it is as if she's an old friend from the first day I went. Booked only 2 nights but in the end stayed a total of 5 nights there. Very near taipei 101 too and it's in the central of taipei, convenient to go almost anywhere.

The hostel is located strategically in the centre of Taipei city, which is within a kilometre from Taipei 101, few minutes walking distance from night market, MRT station, airport bus stop and etc. Besides, it is also very well facilitated with air cond, WIFI & service, kitchen, refrigerator and etc. Other than that, the staffs are also very nice and superb. (Rice, this big compliment goes to you!). JV's hostel is definitely one of the best-stay hostel in Taiwan I've stayed so far. Thanks.

If you are looking for a cheap stay yet be able to enjoy the trip, jv's hostel is the right place for you. The staff there is excellent, they will help you with what you need, alot of interactions, and you will start to make new friends through them there. The facilities are also good and the room is comfortable. I enjoyed alot during my stay there!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 18-24

离得最近的捷运站是信义安和 离也是很近吃东西很方便 店员很热情 唯一需要改进的地方是上下铺翻身床会有声音有点影响 其他都不错

Stay here! Best hostel I've ever stayed at, the staff are incredible, really welcoming and help you out with everything, thank you so much Rice, Justin and Peter! Really good location, great common area and amazing people, couldn't help but extend my stay here and will definitely be back!

• 20th Jul 2014

Owner, Peter was extremely helpful and friendly! Definitely the best host I have ever met! He pretty much knows everything in Taipei, ask him anything and he can answer you right away! The hostel info-handout was extremely informative! Will definitely come back!

Justin is so handsome. But he was actually the perfect host. He was warm and friendly and funny, and he helped us get everywhere we needed to go. Thank you so much for everything! Highly recommend this place if youre looking to meet new people and have fun.

• 16th Jul 2014

Awesome hostel, and Justin is the best hostel staff member ever!!

Absolutely perfect. Extremely clean, very friendly staff, secure, respectful of everyone's rhythm and habits. The atmosphere makes everyone so respectful, that, like one other guy said, it's likely than no one even farted in our dormitory.

The staff is good. I arrived at 11.15pm. But the boss still let me check in. Bed is clean. Atmosphere is good. Price is good. It's subway nearby but the hostel is located in an alley. A little bit hard to find. If it has a bigger sign to guide the way to hostel that will be better.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • China

Room was spacious enough for me. Toilet was clean. Owner and helper were really nice people. I'll definitely come back here next time!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

best hostel ever ! Great staff!

Fantastic location right next to the night markets and close to Taipei 101. Great atmosphere but what really makes this place stand out is the staff, especially Rice. I've backpacked all over the world and never had friendlier hosts. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants simple accommodation for a great price in a great location. Thanks for a great stay.

very nice feel warm

This hostel is in an excellent location, right in the city centre and close to public transportation. The rooms and beds are clean. There is a great atmosphere here, good community feeling and very easy for a a solo traveler to make new friends. The staff are amazingly helpful. Thank you Justin for giving me a good insight into the non-touristy parts of town! When I arrived at the hostel I was very ill and Ryce made sure to check on me everyday and even offered to take me to the hospital!

Really awesome stay. Booked a private room with ensuite bathroom. Very clean room, nice AC, fridge, TV, even a washing machine in case you are staying longer. Staff are very friendly and it is easy to check out. The night market around the corner is good fun and its close to 101 for a lot of attractions. Definitely recommended for couples on a budget!

I like here although I only stayed 2days,It near night market and 101,and I made friends here,it was my wonderful time 。Justin and Min are very friendly and good

• 4th Jul 2014
  • China

This dude in charge of the hostel, named Justin, was simply the best. He provided unbelievably friendly service while attending to all the needs of the hostel. I am amazed by how great of a hostel this was, and I would stay here for the rest of my life if I could. Whether you are serviced by the awesome Justin, or any of their loving hosts, you are sure to 100% love your stay at JV's Hostel.

• 4th Jul 2014