JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

I totally loved this guesthouse. The best location in Taipei. It feels very much like home and the open style is very inviting. We loved the common area's, the excellent wifi, the free computers. I would recommend to anyone who's open minded and has the right expectations for the price they pay! The staff was awesome, especially Rice who was very helpful and knowledgeable about Taipei.

This hostel is located near the 101, and right in the midst of a night market. The space is very compact, but the common room is great for meeting other travellers. It is relatively close to an MRT station. Because of its location, it can be very noisy at night because the dorms have windows that face the night market. Rice was amazing! She gave me a lot of information on what to see in Taipei, and even took me to breakfast! Definitely recommended for travellers who are keen to meet others.

It was a pleasure to stay in this hostel. The staff was really nice and the location was very convenient. If I come to Taipei again, I will certainly stay here!

This place was awesome. The staff is the best I've ever seen at a hostel. The hostel was also very clean. I would definitely stay here when I back!

We really enjoyed everything at JV's Hostel. Perfect location, very friendly and helpful staff (special thanks to Rice), nice and clean rooms.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 31-40

POOR SECURITY - because the room doors are secured by Alphanumeric locks, and although each door has an unique combination, it does NOT change when you take over the room from the previous guest. Thus, this creates an opportunity for security breach by previous guests who would know the Room Door access code. Fortunately, there was no incident of trespassing by previous guests in my room, otherwise this rating would be VERY POOR. GOOD PEOPLE though. Not very near to subway. In Night market.

Staff are super friendly and great at giving directions and suggestions about what to do. Met some really friendly and fun fellow backpackers and travellers at this hostel. The location is a little bit confusing but that's to be expected of the small alleys and lanes of Taipei. Good-sized rooms with lockers. Very clean as everyone must take their shoes off. Lots of maps and brochures on things to do in the lounge area. Really warm and clean shower facilities.

It's just nearby the metro station Xinyi Anhe. There is a night market right downstairs the hostel. Overall the hostel is clean and comfortable with proper facilities like hair dryer etc. The staff is nice and willing to provide any help. The atmosphere is comfortable that you can meet other guests in the common area and join the events like going to Shilin night market with other guests. Of cos it feels free if you got your own plan. It's a great experience that I'm sure I will come again. :)

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Anna, Olivia, and Rice are great, but the hostel itself is just okay.

This place is awesome! Rice (staff) was unbelievably helpful! Everything from what to do in Taipei, to finding numbers for reservations at Starbucks in Taipei 101, to picking up a train ticket for me, to recommending a great spot for a night out... The social scene at this place was the best of anywhere that I have ever been! The common room is quite nice, the showers on 2nd floor are quite good... Only thing from the perfect 100 was the beds in dorm were 2 inches short (I'm 6'1" or 185cm)!

Good hostel-vibe here. Right behind a nightmarket, MRT closeby and facilities are in order. Nothing fancy but value for the money.

Great staff and atmosphere. I met so many great people there and the atmosphere was one of the best I have had during my one month stay in Taiwan. I only stayed there for a few days but wished I stayed longer. Rice, who is one of staff members, was amazing, very helpful and thoughtful. I definitely recommend this place.

Amazing location, clean rooms including bathrooms and kitchen (if you cook), staff and ambiance are great! Highly recommended

• 12th Dec 2014

This is the fourth time I've stayed at this hostel over the last two years and I love the place. Great location, facilities, it is clean and great value. Will definitely be back again soon! cheers Brad

The staff are the most accommodating I've ever encountered while traveling abroad. Rice was extremely helpful the moment I arrived, going over my itinerary for the trip and helping me figure out traveling. Olivia was wonderful to get to converse with and helped make my time there relaxing and memorable. The staff genuinely cared about my trip and I feel like that made the difference. I'll never forget my time in Taipei, and a large portion of it stems from the hostel. Thanks for everything!

• 11th Dec 2014

great location, close to metro station anxe. the night market is nearby with lots of food stalls. great staff, specially Rice..

The cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff work hard to clean the bathrooms and bedrooms at least once a day, if not more! Unlike other hostels that only clean every few days/once a week if that. And overhead rain shower heads, so luxurious for a hostel. Bedrooms were clean with new linen. The location was perfect - 5 minute walk to the train station, 7 minute walk to the airport bus. Hostel is surrounded by great little side streets, laneways, shops, restaurants,night market to explore.

• 7th Dec 2014

- Hotel 's staff Rice Mi had excellent service. She was very friendly and helpful for me Always provide useful information and good atmosphere for us. Her attitude ->以客為本 - That place is near 夜市,very convenie nce, but a little bit loudly at night.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

I've stayed at about 4 other hostels and JV's hostel has definitely been my favorite one. Not only are the facilities and atmosphere incredibly hip and relaxing, but the staff is AMAZING. Rice is a superstar and an absolute sweetheart. She will bring you to the yummiest breakfast places and eat with you and she'll take you out at night! Also, she even bought a birthday cake for one girl and had us all sing for her. The girl was so surprised! Convenient location, meet cool travelers!

• 5th Dec 2014

Great Hostel! People were extremely helpful and nice! The staff was great! They really took their time to help people and build community within the group of people staying there! Rice was the one working most of the time while I was there and she was awesome. She went out to dinner with us one night when she finished work, and showed us all around. She was a lot of fun! Overall, great hostel!

• 3rd Dec 2014