JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

Thanks to Rice (hope I spelelde that correctly) I got all Information needed rigth after arriving and including some valuable tips such as that there is the TPE Free WiFi or about the pricing in the NM. Bringing me to the bus stop in made my depature easier for the "technical" part.

Love this hostel, primarily because of the staff. Friendliest hostel staff I have ever met, Rice gave me a very detailed map of all the things to see and eat in Taipei and invited hostel guests to dinner and breakfast with her, great if you've just arrived / travelling alone and feel a little disorientated! Jennie was great, too. Cute rooms and common area. Hostel easy to find. Thanks guys!

• 31st Jan 2015

I was helped primarily by Rice and Jenny and both were extremely helpful and hardworking。 I've already booked this as my Taipei hostel in preparation for my return flight. A great hangout in Taipei.

• 31st Jan 2015

Very pleased with my stay at JV's. I stayed in one of the single private rooms and have no complaints about it. The room/sheets were clean, the aircon was COLD. Rice and Benio were super helpful with making sure I was able to navigate my way around Taiwan. I would definitely stay here again.

• 29th Jan 2015

The hostel is really welcoming. Rice (staff) makes you feel like home, she explains you what can you visit with a lot of good tips :). I enjoyed chilling in the hostel common place, you can meet a lot of different people and talk about everything. If you have any problems Rice will help you. Always smiling and in a good mood, she is a asset for this hostel!

• 28th Jan 2015

The little pocket rockets that go above and beyond for their guests. Things I loved about JV's: → Even though we physically have only known these two delicate petals, Olivia and MiMi AKA Rice, for 24 hours, spiritually, mentally and platonically we embody their souls as our own → If I were in possession of all zee Pokemon's I would trade them all for one Olivia and one MiMi for one day → Also side note, if they were to be Pokemon's, they would be Jiggly Puff and Mew Two Vicky with a Y & D

This is a good stay in Taipei! It is conveniently close to a good night market and close to communications (red line underground/metro). I also stayed at its sister hostel, Formosa 101, and its also good. The staff is nice, especially Jenny Wanderlust´s great! She works at both places, and she helped out a lot with info about Taipei and things to do. She also helped me with translating some chinese I could not get around, which was of great help!

The hostel is very clean and in a great location in the middle of Tonghua night market. Everyone there was really friendly and especially Rice took super good care of the guests. She personally took us to the night market to show us the secret food spots and had lots of great advice on what to do over the weekend! Towels can be rented for little money and there are free spare blankets. I really liked all the little signs and notes everywhere to help guests navigate. Will definitely return:)

This hostel is conveniently located near a night market, within walking distance to a metro station. The atmosphere was great and staff Rice was always there to help when I needed assistance!

I love this hostel because the staff are so nice, especially Olivia because she is the greatest and most beautiful and smartest and funniest. With love, from your secret admirerer.

야시장과 인접하고 있어서 먹을거리 접하기가 쉽고 밤늦게 왔다갔다 해도 안전하며 101빌딩과 매우 가까워서 걸어갈 수 있습니다 시설이 낡은 편이긴 하나 청소를 자주 해서 깨끗하고 직원들도 매우 친절하였습니다 Xiao mi, thank you for your kind!!!

I enjoyed my stay at JV's so much! The hostel staff and in particular Rice did such a good Job in making the stay very enjoyable. I am looking Forward to see you guys again in summer :)

Amazing Hostel!! At first I was apprehensive about booking this hostel as it was a little more expensive than some other hostels (at least for a private room). But boy was I glad that I did. The people working were are super helpful and friendly. One of the workers is named Rice Mi. She was the best! She did not have much time off, but when she did have time off, she used it to take us to Jiufen and showed us all around. The best! I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 15th Jan 2015

The hostal was nice, Rice really helped us with advices about what to do and how to get those places. She took us to have a Taiwanese breakfast as well and the best thing I had a small cake because my birthday, I will never forget that present. Thank you Rice!! 😊

This was a fantastic place to stay - the staff are so knowledgeable, hospitable and friendly! I couldn't recommend the place any higher just because of the staff! We had a private room with ensuite which was clean and convenient. Easy to find from airport, walking distance to 101, MRT and right outside the delicious Taipei feast that is the night market! Thank you

• 14th Jan 2015

Really chill place, lots of friendly people. close to the market (right downstairs), and close to the MRT.

Short but great stay. Definitely would stay again.

• 8th Jan 2015

Great hostel. Facilities are more than adequate and clean. The atmosphere was extremely welcoming and was filled with great people both times I visited. Not least the owner and staff who's enthusiasm and passion shine through from the moment you arrive. They went out of their way consistently to make everyone welcome and have best possible stay.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

The staff was great as always :)

Loved the location and the people working and staying at the hostel, great stay!

• 6th Jan 2015