JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

I've stayed at about 4 other hostels and JV's hostel has definitely been my favorite one. Not only are the facilities and atmosphere incredibly hip and relaxing, but the staff is AMAZING. Rice is a superstar and an absolute sweetheart. She will bring you to the yummiest breakfast places and eat with you and she'll take you out at night! Also, she even bought a birthday cake for one girl and had us all sing for her. The girl was so surprised! Convenient location, meet cool travelers!

• 5th Dec 2014

Great Hostel! People were extremely helpful and nice! The staff was great! They really took their time to help people and build community within the group of people staying there! Rice was the one working most of the time while I was there and she was awesome. She went out to dinner with us one night when she finished work, and showed us all around. She was a lot of fun! Overall, great hostel!

• 3rd Dec 2014

The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Also there is a nice common room area for chatting with others, or watching movies.

Great place to stay. The common are is a good place sit and chat with other guest or watch a movie. Rice is amazing! She is always available to answer your questions. She takes guests out to restaurants and is always up to talk with guests. She even helped me call and set up viewin gs for apartments. Definitely recommend staying here.

Very nice location near the bustling night market and a metro station, which makes it easy to get around the city. Overall good hostel with friendly staff.

Rice was really helpful with all what we asked. She told us exactly what to do in taipei and was great. The hostel is very clean, safe and is in a perfect location. I'm sure I'll be back.

Fantastic place very clean and nice staff especially Rice though short in stature she told me what to see and do in Taipei after I had not planned anything. She also took me to the bus stop to catch the bus to the airport and paid for my cab to get there which was really nice. Location is right next to a market so there was always food on hand. Will definitely come back again when I am in Taipei.

I had the best time in JV, it's one of the best hostel I've stayed at so far!! I planned to stay 3 days initially but extended to 10...Perfectly clean, comfy, with a nice and relaxed atmosphere. Rice is the most helpful and welcoming staff!! The common room is the perfect place to make friends or watch movies on the projector screen, the bathrooms are spotless, with soap and shampoo provided... I loved it &can't recommend it enough!

• 15th Nov 2014

awesome hostel, the manager (rice) was soooooo nice and helpful. definitely made the experience 10x better than what it already was. highly recommended!!! :)

Awesome stay as usual. Best hostel in town!

Second time to come back here in a very short period of time! Everything remained excellent!

We spent almost a week staying at JV hostel. We found it to be excellent in every aspect. Very clean and comfortable. The location was absolutely great for the night market and close to the metro subway. The staff at JV hostel really went out of their way to help us and make our stay more enjoyable. Miss Rice one of the office staff stepped up numerous times and helped us with everything you could imagine. Rice and Anna were very friendly and helpful. We got assistance in every possible way! TY!

• 5th Nov 2014
  • fit2bthaid

People were nice in JV's, especially their staff, RICE! Though she was busy all the time, she was very friendly to answer all the questions! U will able to meet many nice ppl here, n you felt like you are home in JV's!!!! Highly recommend to you all!

I stayed at 7 different hostels / hotels / B&Bs on my two-week trip to Taiwan, and this one has to be the best social experience because... I am a very quiet person and don't usually make an effort to meet people - and it was great fun! The owner and staff were very friendly, showed me everything to do (which was very helpful since I didn't do good research on Taipei), gave advice on where to eat, helped with a phone call, let me check in early... and there's good food right around the corner!

best staff(Rice and Jenny) made my stay very plesent and exciting.. And the living room on 4 floor,is the best one chill and have fun ..:) definetely gonna come back again

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Serbia

This hostel is awesome. in 6 months, I've never stayed in a place with such a perfect atmosphere. The common room is great to meet other travellers and this place really attracts a great bunch. Rice and Jenny are incredible too, like good friends and not staff! They'll take you out for food or spend the day with you exploring. Clean, comfortable and situated close to a night market and an MRT station.

I think it was very comfortable hotel paticurally staffs were so friendly. I hope I can visit again someday!!

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Japan

Stayed in mixed dorm. Hostel entrance is secure, but lockers are not bolted to the wall or floor, and I almost tipped them over. They do not seem very secure. However, the atmosphere is wonderful and everyone is very friendly. Wish they would run the AC more, but we didn't ask to turn it on, and so woke up very sweaty. Toilets and showers can be very small and cramped, making them feel less clean than they probably are. I did see someone cleaning everything regularly. Amazing location.

Staff is so friendly and welcoming! They made my first two days in the country so lovely. Perfect location too! If I ever again needed to stay in a hostel in Taipei...this would be it

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Very nicely decorated place, has a lot of character. I only stayed a night and didn't spend too much time in the hostel but when I was there, the staff were pretty helpful. Great value for the price--I stayed in the 6 mixed dorm and the place is a lot of room for luggage and places to put your stuff in. Right next to the Tonghua night market and a good walk to the train station. I'd definitely stay here again when I'm visiting taipei next time!

• 22nd Oct 2014