JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. It's clean, people are friendly, staff are amazing, and it's a great place to meet people of you're travelling alone. As it's located very near to a night market, it's perfect for bringing snacks back to share in the common room. Rice was fantastic, and she went out of her way to help everyone by taking us to restaurants, recommending sights, explaining how to get everywhere, and even taking us on a day trip to the beach! Highly recommended.

The stay was enjoyable, I met with a lot of nice people, and traveled with some of them. It was surprising how many fellow teachers were travelling at that time. The team of staff working there are very friendly. I've met with Rice, Olivia, Peter and Vanessa. Rice took a group of us out to the beach on her day off, and also made great recommendations for trips in and around Taipei. The location is really good, almost right above the Tonghua night market. Clean and cheap but no elevators.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

One of the cleanest, coolest hostels I've been to, and the staff (Rice, Jenny, Olivia) are awesome. Oh, and Rice knows a good place nearby to get sweet haircuts!

• 10th Feb 2015

JV's is one of (if not The) best hostels I've stayed at. I love how clean it is and the security is great. It is a quiet place that shuts down around 11, and I enjoyed that. Tonghua night market is great and super close if you're ever hungry and want some delicious eats. Most of all I'd have to say the staff is what makes it so great. Rice and Jenny are two very helpful, kind girls willing to show you around a bit.

It was very nice experience because of your staffs. They are very friendly n helpful. Especially, Rice is very kind. Thank you so much!!!

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Japan

Location is nice near mrt and taipei 101.. The staff are good and very accommodating.. Unfortunately, the hostel do not accept any credit card...

I've stayed at JVs hostel last time I was in Taipei which is what fueled my desire to stay there again. Both times I've stayed there its been great. I absolutely love that every time I seem to go there, the people you meet are great and want to travel about and the staff are always ready to help you if you need help with something. The hostel is right next to a night market, not far from restaurants and about a 10min walk to 2 different mrt station. Would recommend!

The staff here are amazing, really friendly and knowledgeable. Location is also brilliant. I recommend.

location is extremely convenient because the night market is 15 seconds away from the hostel. Staff are super nice and very accommodated to our needs, but since it is on a busy street, so motorbikes noise is quite common, other than that everything is excellent again, will stay again if coming back to Taipei.

Perfect hostel!! My group had come from another hostel, and our experience with JV was much better. Olivia and Rice were extremely helpful! They had the best attitudes and helped contribute majorly to the greatest travel experience my group has ever had. Thank you again JV!!

• 4th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Overall it was an ok stay. I though the rooms and condition was a little dirty, there were mildew smells and the bathroom flooded and the rooms has dust. I think its ok, but its not as clean as the other hostels I stayed in taiwan. However, I am pretty sure it still a lot better than a typical hostel. The location is good, near 101 taipei and about 15-20 minutes walk. There is a night market nearby, a little small, but still go. The big street near the hostel has a lot of nice local foods to eat

Thanks to Rice (hope I spelelde that correctly) I got all Information needed rigth after arriving and including some valuable tips such as that there is the TPE Free WiFi or about the pricing in the NM. Bringing me to the bus stop in made my depature easier for the "technical" part.

Love this hostel, primarily because of the staff. Friendliest hostel staff I have ever met, Rice gave me a very detailed map of all the things to see and eat in Taipei and invited hostel guests to dinner and breakfast with her, great if you've just arrived / travelling alone and feel a little disorientated! Jennie was great, too. Cute rooms and common area. Hostel easy to find. Thanks guys!

• 31st Jan 2015

I was helped primarily by Rice and Jenny and both were extremely helpful and hardworking。 I've already booked this as my Taipei hostel in preparation for my return flight. A great hangout in Taipei.

• 31st Jan 2015

Very pleased with my stay at JV's. I stayed in one of the single private rooms and have no complaints about it. The room/sheets were clean, the aircon was COLD. Rice and Benio were super helpful with making sure I was able to navigate my way around Taiwan. I would definitely stay here again.

• 29th Jan 2015

The hostel is really welcoming. Rice (staff) makes you feel like home, she explains you what can you visit with a lot of good tips :). I enjoyed chilling in the hostel common place, you can meet a lot of different people and talk about everything. If you have any problems Rice will help you. Always smiling and in a good mood, she is a asset for this hostel!

• 28th Jan 2015

Awesome hostel located right next to a lively night market. The staff here is awesome and I hung out with them often. The rooms are clean and comfortable. It's a great place to meet people and have a good time.

The little pocket rockets that go above and beyond for their guests. Things I loved about JV's: → Even though we physically have only known these two delicate petals, Olivia and MiMi AKA Rice, for 24 hours, spiritually, mentally and platonically we embody their souls as our own → If I were in possession of all zee Pokemon's I would trade them all for one Olivia and one MiMi for one day → Also side note, if they were to be Pokemon's, they would be Jiggly Puff and Mew Two Vicky with a Y & D

This is a good stay in Taipei! It is conveniently close to a good night market and close to communications (red line underground/metro). I also stayed at its sister hostel, Formosa 101, and its also good. The staff is nice, especially Jenny Wanderlust´s great! She works at both places, and she helped out a lot with info about Taipei and things to do. She also helped me with translating some chinese I could not get around, which was of great help!

The hostel is very clean and in a great location in the middle of Tonghua night market. Everyone there was really friendly and especially Rice took super good care of the guests. She personally took us to the night market to show us the secret food spots and had lots of great advice on what to do over the weekend! Towels can be rented for little money and there are free spare blankets. I really liked all the little signs and notes everywhere to help guests navigate. Will definitely return:)