JV's Hostel Reviews

2F, No.57, Aly.50 Ln.39, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Actually the most helpful I've ever encountered in my just over 3 months backpacking trip. They went out of their ways to show people around on their days off just to give us a better experience in Taipei. There was a blind guy staying here for a few days and the staff really makes a lot of effort to make sure he gets around in the city ok. I personally highly appreciate all the staffs hard work and kindness.

The staff was really friebdly, laid back and ready to help. Was more like visiting friends or relatives than a hostel.

The smell in the male dormitory is unpleasant.

Everything worked well and it is easy to find, if you exactly follow the description. It's located in a tiny parallel street of a night market. The housing is as expected for a hostel. Everything was clean and the showers, toilets are shared (were clean as well). Staff was nice.

Third stay in this hostel, clean and comfortable, the greatest location to hang out in Taipei and i really love the staff here: Rice, Ann, Peter, Vanessa..........the best staff ever! Hope to see you guys soon!

I love the cozy,well decorated common room.Lots of useful information is posted on the wall.On other walls,u can find murals painted by the artistic owner and a small whiteboard with which u can find a traveling companion by writing on it where you'd like to go tomorrow.I'd like to recommend the hostel to equip each bed of a dorm with a lamp and either raise or remove the age limit of 45.Plus,some people were chatting on the street and made the dorm I stayed(on 3F)rather noisy late at that night

Maybe the hostel is not easy to find for some people. There are enough showers/toilets for all the guests. The 6 and 8-bed rooms are spacious with enough room for suitcases. The staff is friendly and sometimes funny. They take their time to explain where to go and the staff takes their time to get to know you. The common room is a nice place to hang out or watch TV.

Convenient location , easy reach by MRT. Very helpful staff. Comfortable room conditions. Maybe a little bit noisy at night (next to night market :P)

The stay was most pleasant by the friendly staffs at the hostel. Rice and her other colleagues made me feel well at home. The rooms were pleasant to stay in and the facilities , etc toilets and common rooms, were just perfect for my needs. I felt right at home in the hostel and had made plenty of friends there. Public transport such as the bus, MRT and bicycles were just minutes away and dont't even let me start on the nearby night market which was in the vincinity as well. Excellent service =)

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Singapore

This was my fourth stay at JV´s and I will carry on coming back =D always nice people to meet and things to do! I love the location directly on the night market and next to 101!

Rice and Kerry (Mako-chan) are super friendly, really made my stay in Taipei an awesome one. Will definitely stay here should I return to Taipei

Very convenient to the main sites. Not a far walk from the MRT. Close to a night market, so loads of good stuff to nosh. The staff members I spoke with- both Peter and Rice- were very helpful and friendly. This is a great place to stay if you plan to be out busy all day and just want a cheap place to crash that's super convenient. If you're looking for atmosphere, look elsewhere.

It's a nice and low-cost hostel in TaiPei. Although it's in an old district, however, it's very just the next street of 臨江街 night market. The staff and host is very nice and helpful. The atmosphere here is good to meet friend. It's also have a comfortable bed for sleep. Overall rating of this hostel is good!

The staff were great, especially Rice! She made me say that! Haha :p good location close to night market and Taipei 101, have to carry luggage up stairs but its like that at most hostels in Taiwan. I would stay here again if I come back to Taipei

I’m very pleased to begin my Taiwan trip from JV's Hostel, its location is very good, not only near the subway station, but also close to Tonghua Night Market where I can find all kinds of Taiwan food. The internal facilities are clean and perfect. What impressed and moved me most is the warm and attentive staff – Xiao Mi, who not only provided us with various travel advice, but also played with us as an old friend, specifically when we were going to leave, came to say goodbye and gave us beauti

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • China

It is a little hard to find but it's in a great location near a night market. The staff were incredibly helpful and the atmosphere was very cheerful and welcoming. All the facilities were great and it was a really nice place to stay.

Great place, great people nice Atmosphere, especially Rice and Ann, they are so nice and lovely, they helped me with everything, hope next time I have time to stay longer here !

• 22nd Feb 2014