JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

야시장과 인접하고 있어서 먹을거리 접하기가 쉽고 밤늦게 왔다갔다 해도 안전하며 101빌딩과 매우 가까워서 걸어갈 수 있습니다 시설이 낡은 편이긴 하나 청소를 자주 해서 깨끗하고 직원들도 매우 친절하였습니다 Xiao mi, thank you for your kind!!!

I enjoyed my stay at JV's so much! The hostel staff and in particular Rice did such a good Job in making the stay very enjoyable. I am looking Forward to see you guys again in summer :)

Amazing Hostel!! At first I was apprehensive about booking this hostel as it was a little more expensive than some other hostels (at least for a private room). But boy was I glad that I did. The people working were are super helpful and friendly. One of the workers is named Rice Mi. She was the best! She did not have much time off, but when she did have time off, she used it to take us to Jiufen and showed us all around. The best! I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 15th Jan 2015

The hostal was nice, Rice really helped us with advices about what to do and how to get those places. She took us to have a Taiwanese breakfast as well and the best thing I had a small cake because my birthday, I will never forget that present. Thank you Rice!! 😊

This was a fantastic place to stay - the staff are so knowledgeable, hospitable and friendly! I couldn't recommend the place any higher just because of the staff! We had a private room with ensuite which was clean and convenient. Easy to find from airport, walking distance to 101, MRT and right outside the delicious Taipei feast that is the night market! Thank you

• 14th Jan 2015

Really chill place, lots of friendly people. close to the market (right downstairs), and close to the MRT.

Short but great stay. Definitely would stay again.

• 8th Jan 2015

Great hostel. Facilities are more than adequate and clean. The atmosphere was extremely welcoming and was filled with great people both times I visited. Not least the owner and staff who's enthusiasm and passion shine through from the moment you arrive. They went out of their way consistently to make everyone welcome and have best possible stay.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

The staff was great as always :)

Loved the location and the people working and staying at the hostel, great stay!

• 6th Jan 2015

Great atmosphere, convenient location and most importantly the staff are amazing, especially Rice who is very welcoming, knowledgable and makes life at the Hostel a memorable one. I would recommend JV to everyone!!

• 3rd Jan 2015

Lovely home environment. Close to everything! I don't want to tell you how much I like it. 'Cause I am planning my next trip to Taipei soon this year.

I totally loved this guesthouse. The best location in Taipei. It feels very much like home and the open style is very inviting. We loved the common area's, the excellent wifi, the free computers. I would recommend to anyone who's open minded and has the right expectations for the price they pay! The staff was awesome, especially Rice who was very helpful and knowledgeable about Taipei.

This hostel is located near the 101, and right in the midst of a night market. The space is very compact, but the common room is great for meeting other travellers. It is relatively close to an MRT station. Because of its location, it can be very noisy at night because the dorms have windows that face the night market. Rice was amazing! She gave me a lot of information on what to see in Taipei, and even took me to breakfast! Definitely recommended for travellers who are keen to meet others.

It was a pleasure to stay in this hostel. The staff was really nice and the location was very convenient. If I come to Taipei again, I will certainly stay here!

This place was awesome. The staff is the best I've ever seen at a hostel. The hostel was also very clean. I would definitely stay here when I back!

We really enjoyed everything at JV's Hostel. Perfect location, very friendly and helpful staff (special thanks to Rice), nice and clean rooms.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 31-40

POOR SECURITY - because the room doors are secured by Alphanumeric locks, and although each door has an unique combination, it does NOT change when you take over the room from the previous guest. Thus, this creates an opportunity for security breach by previous guests who would know the Room Door access code. Fortunately, there was no incident of trespassing by previous guests in my room, otherwise this rating would be VERY POOR. GOOD PEOPLE though. Not very near to subway. In Night market.

Staff are super friendly and great at giving directions and suggestions about what to do. Met some really friendly and fun fellow backpackers and travellers at this hostel. The location is a little bit confusing but that's to be expected of the small alleys and lanes of Taipei. Good-sized rooms with lockers. Very clean as everyone must take their shoes off. Lots of maps and brochures on things to do in the lounge area. Really warm and clean shower facilities.

It's just nearby the metro station Xinyi Anhe. There is a night market right downstairs the hostel. Overall the hostel is clean and comfortable with proper facilities like hair dryer etc. The staff is nice and willing to provide any help. The atmosphere is comfortable that you can meet other guests in the common area and join the events like going to Shilin night market with other guests. Of cos it feels free if you got your own plan. It's a great experience that I'm sure I will come again. :)

• 16th Dec 2014