Jackaroo Hostel Kings Cross Reviews

107-109 Darlinghurst Road, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Stayed here for 2 weeks, free wine Fridays are great and an excellent way to get to know everyone! Its a clean and comfortable hostel. Easy to get into city by train or if your up for a little walk.

• 12th Sep 2014

Very todo place to stay. Clean, quiet and nice atmosphere.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Chile

Hi Cecilia, Thank you very much for the great review. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

I've been passed good days in this backpacker, however the weak point for me was about the breakfast. A few variety of food and not so good.

• 26th Jul 2014

Hi Paulo, Thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. With breakfast we offer; 4 different types of cereal, bread, 5 different types of spread, milk, tea and coffee. We encourage guests to advise us if something is not to their liking so that we can resolve the issue. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and hope to see you again in the future.

Free wifi, breakfast and good beds meant my stay here was pretty good. No mistaking though, kings cross is a dive, but if you want to stay there, then the location is pretty good too. Annoyingly had 3 separate staff members come in each morning to clean. Also seemed pretty quiet when I was there, not sure why.

This hostel was perfectly located for all the sights in sydney. The only negative comment I have is they decided to clean the windows of the room at 10pm and it took them a noisy hour to complete. Not the hostels fault as it was the station cleaners but a bit annoying

Hi Rachel, Thank you for the great review, we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

I thought this hostel was ok, but not $30 a night ok. The mattress from my bed was extremely uncomfortable, and seemed like it was years old because it wasn't firm at all and it felt like you could feel springs in the mattress or it's metal frame underneath the mattress. Also, the kitchen opening hours were inconvenient for me with me working. I understand in a morning that it wouldn't be open at 5am but closing at 10pm was a bit too early for me when I only finished work at that time.

Hi Ashton, Thanks for the review. With the $30 you pay per night, you get free Internet, free WiFi, free breakfast and daily cleaning of the entire hostel. We encourage guests to let us know of any issues, we have spare mattresses in storage and we would have happily swapped it over for you. In regards to the kitchen, it's closed at 10 to have a good clean after a full days use but if you had asked I'm sure we could have sorted something out for you. Happy Travels.

The free WiFi was great to have. But the biggest let down was the fact there is no natural light in the whole place. Creating a strange atmosphere, not a good one. Not much they can do about it though. Nice and clean, plus the staff are friendly.

• 23rd May 2014

Hi Thomas, Thanks for the review, we're glad you liked our cleanliness and staff. Many of our rooms have large windows and we also have a large rooftop terrace you can make use of to get all the sun you want. Happy Travels.

Brilliant hostel. In kings cross which has a bad reputation but was absoulutly fine. Located 30 secs from Coles and right outside train station. Unlike some of the bigger hostels (wake up, bounce) it had much more a hostel feel to it. Something planned each night. And free wi fi which is very uncommon in Sydney. Only bad thing were that the rooms weren't very well signposted and rooms quite hot without a fan but besides great hostel. Would recommend.

Hi Edward, Thanks for the great review, we're glad you enjoyed our planned activities and free Wifi. We have now put the signs to the rooms back up, the hallway had just been painted. Our rooms do have Air Conditioning which can be adjusted by us, it can be hard to get the right temperature with so many guests from different places. Safe travels.

Had a scary experience that a stranger tried to open my room door at 3am! (Glad that the door was locked automatically after closed!!!) I could hear from the room that the stranger tried to open each room door along the corridor.....I hope the hostel security can be improved......The location was good, near to train station but the place was not too safe (esp. for gals). Breakfast was ok, the room was clean with basic facilities. No lift, needa take yr luggage and climb the stairs. Nice staffs

Hi Shuk, The hostel has 2 security doors before you even get access to where the rooms are located, these doors can only be opened with one of the tags which we give you on check in. Our guests our very friendly so someone may have held the door open, or it was most likely a guest, some are not as considerate as others! We also have a night manager on duty who patrols the hallways, so you are very safe in the hostel. We would have happily carried you bags for you. Safe Travels.

Love this hostel. Started and ended my trip in Sydney and stayed here twice. Staff is awesome, friendly and helpful. Wifi works well and is free! Right above train station so easy to get around the city. Kings cross is a bit of a dodgy neighborhood but never felt unsafe in the hostel. Security is good. Only downside is I had some idiots staying in the room beside me who felt it was necessary to never sleep and yell in the hallway. But staff dealt with it great. Would definitely recommend!

Hi Alicia, Thank you for the great review. We're glad you enjoyed our free Wifi. Most guests are considerate but you do get the odd few inconsiderate ones. We hope to see you again in the future.