Jackaroo Hostel Kings Cross Reviews

107-109 Darlinghurst Road, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Was traveling alone and met a great crew also staying there. Staff were polite. Beds were comfy and clean, bathrooms were maintained. Literally right next to the kingscross station so getting anywhere is a piece. About 30 mins walk to opera house and bridge.

For my first hostel in Sydney, I'm happy I picked Jackaroo. The free breakfast (toast and cereal) and free WiFi are a definite bonus. The area is absolutely fine and there's a lot near the hostel - bars, supermarket, bank, cafes, etc. The staff are friendly and sort any trouble immediately (we had a couple of incidents one night). The hostel can get quite noisy late at night due to people being loud and the walls being super thin. The bathrooms were okay but at least the showers were hot!

Overall really great!!

• 5th Mar 2015

This is a great place to stay! I was here for a week while in Sydney and is right next to the Kings Cross station. It is about a 15-20 min walk to Circular Quay. Good location and free breakfast, I would stay here again.

This is hostel is very good however it's more for people who are living and working in Sydney, not many travellers, my roomroom mates were excellent! Very clean showers and toilets. Will be staying again

• 27th Feb 2015

A great hostel, everyone staying is super friendly as are the staff. The rooms are clean and nice, I had an ensuit which was perfect. The kitchen/dining area was spacious and well looked after, the free breakfast was great, cereal, toast, tea and coffee. Could have done with a lift with the many many flights of stairs! Great location to party, short walk to town/harbour. Free WiFi throughout the whole building!! Would recommend!

Great hostel! Location is convenient, right next to the station. Staff was friendly, rooms and bathroom were very clean! Brekkie was ok, only minor point was that there was no hot water to do the dishes (a bit gross).

Very very good hostel with many fun things to do. Always smiling and helpful staff people on reception and always so clean everywhere in the hostel in the rooms and kitchen and bathrooms. We enjoy so much the free wifi and free breakfast every day. Very close next door to train and city very close. We will definitely come back to stay for sure, we have such a very good time at this hostel.

An awesome hostel, had the best time ever!!! Planned to stay a couple nights but ended up staying a couple weeks. They always had activities planned and they had so much free stuff like breakfast, internet AND wifi - which is such a bonus in a Sydney hostel because it cost a fortune usually. It was so clean and the staff are so friendly. Rooms and bathrooms were cleaned every day and you can't forget the handy location, right next door to Kings Cross station!

• 27th Jan 2015

This is by far one of the best hostels I have stayed in while in Australia. It's a family run hostel and they really look after and genuinely care about all their guests. The hostel is cleaned every day and it is air conditioned as well which is great. There's FREE internet, FREE breakfast every morning and they organize lots of activities to do everyday. I was travelling by myself so this was great for me as I made a lot of friends. Will definitely be staying again when I'm back in Sydney :)

Considering they offer free breakfast from 7am-10am PLUS free wifi on every level AND activities every night... I'd say this place is heaven sent! Hard to find all of that in one hostel for such a good price. I'd say the only downsides are that the lockers are on the reception floor (that closes after 12am), there's no real water bottle fountain station - got to fill up via sink, and there's no lift. But still not even that big of an issue.

• 15th Jan 2015

Loved loved loved the jackaroo. Really clean hostel and the people that work there are awesome. They have stuff going on all the time so you can go out and meet loads of people. Its easy to get around with the train station right next door. The staff are locals so know how to get everywhere and what to do. Easily my favourite hostel in Sydney. Free wifi and free breakfast help as i know some other hostels make you pay for this. Will stay again for sure when i return to sydney.

• 12th Jan 2015

Very clean and good place to stay. lots of nice people and staff very friendly. Free wifi very good and nice kitchen. Lots of fun things happening and lots to do. Would stay again for sure. Thank you jackaroo.

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

The windows of the hostel are not openable, and while I was there the airconditioning failed. The result is that my room became a sauna, impossible to sleep in there. That's a pity, as otherwise the hostel seems nice.

I found this to be a really good hostel. Friendly & helpful staff. I'm travelling the East coast but I'm past the party animal age. I felt this hostel catered for both types. There's air con which is very important. There's events scheduled every night too. The only slight negative I could find in my room at least (4 bed dorm) is the bunks were too near each other. It's right next door to kings cross train station too and all common areas are kept very clean.

Loved staying here over Christmas and new year. Would recommend t to any backpacker! Great location as its right above the train stations and not a log walk into the city. Really friendly and helpful staff. Rooms cleaned daily and wifi is free. Only negative is the kitchen was small for the amount of people staying there and no hot water to wash up with?! That felt rather unhygienic but other than that it was great. I'd definitely go back there.

It's a really nice hostel. Very clean. Staff are very friendly and is a bit of a party hostel. Always something going on every night. Had a great time here. Kitchens a bit small though.

I liked Jackaroo apart from the fact there are no windows in the rooms feels a bit like you're in a bunker. Great location right next to Kingscross station and about a 20 minute walk from the city centre. Kitchen a little small but has everything you need. Hostel put on some good events great if you want to party!

Felt like I was staying in an underground bunker. No windows. Crammed in. No air con at night. Couldn't wait to leave.

Hostel was quite clean, staff were friendly and ready to help. It was located right next to the Kings Cross station - transportation was quite easy to access. The neighbourhood can get a little shady at night - lots of bars and strip clubs around but if you want to stay out of trouble, you always can. :) Good place to stay, if you're young and looking to meet people and party :)

• 16th Dec 2014