Jacob 22 B&B Reviews

22 Monteith Street, Toronto, Canada

The B&B is located very centrally. It is easy to get there from the airport (Metro station within 5 min). You can get almost everywhere downtown by walking. The atmosphere is very relaxed and the staff is friendly but is only there during the day to welcome the guests. Breakfast is self service (you can take everything from the fridge) and pretty basic. Don't expect a 5 star hotel but the B&B is very well worth the price, expecially considering the location.

I loved my little room. The location was great. Oddly I never met the owner. I arrived late and he gave me the door code ahead of time. I never crossed paths with him in two days.

I stayed for one night. The hotel was located in a small street that will easily be missed. But otherwise the staff was nice and the room was clean. The bathroom was also clean and tidy. It is also not expensive.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Hong Kong

Saved a lot of money by staying here on a business trip. Lots of places to eat within one block, and walking distance to everything. Beautiful common area and antique furniture, but could use some renovation and cleanup. Small rooms and a narrow staircase to lug your bags up.

• 4th Nov 2013

This place was an excellent choice! I really didnt expect to have this superb accomodation for this very reasonable price. The staff was so friendly giving some great tips on where to go and what to do. The room was small but clean, comfy bed, the kitchen i well-equipped. I dont think you can find a better location than this in the city. I can only suggest staying here.

• 29th Aug 2013
  • Hungary

Full service breakfast? All they had was a jar of peanut butter. Everything just was not as advertised. Comfy place in quiet street close to everything but just not as advertised so it took me by surprise

The breakfast is self service and it contains bagel and/or bread, cream cheese, butter, assorted jam, egg, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, milk, tea etc. in a full equipped kitchen. Actually it is quite surprising that this guest stayed in our place 4 nights and didn't see any of them except peanut butter.

The facility is in need of a good cleaning (by a woman) and a redecorating. Very evident that this is maintained by 2 of the male gender.... The carpeting on the stairs was filthy and I didnt feel comfortable walking barefoot anywhere in the house. Limited selection for breakfast. Food in frig should be dated so one knows if everything is fresh. Parking is a nightmare....we were instructed where to park, we did so only to come to the car the next morning with a $30 parking ticket on our car.

• 25th Jun 2012

We instructed to this guest to park in an underground parking which is two minutes away from our house. Her husband failed to read the instructions and therefore did not pay the correct. Because of his mistake they got ticket from the municipality. The parking lot was owned by the municipal government. We do not have any wrong doing in this.

I enjoyed my stay at Jacob 22! The building was lovely. My room was beautiful! The cost wasn't too bad at all and they had everything I needed including locking rooms. I'm a novice traveler though, and my room's unusual lock wasn't explained to me, along with several other things, but all in all I had a great time! The location was right where I needed to me. It's very likely that I will stay at Jacob 22 again.

The B&B was unfortunately not very clean. There was dust everywhere, the bathroom was dirty and I feared for bed bugs. Staff was a bit strange. :-(

• 22nd Mar 2012

Slightly further out than we expected, good on the whole for price paid. Breakfast items could do with extending

• 4th Nov 2011

Although based in an energetic neighbourhood, you do not hear any traffic. That is the only upside. Downside: overall the place was dusty and unclean. The bathroom smelled of pee. Paint was peeling of the walls. Breakfast was poor.

Staff members could be a bit more talkative and the kitchen in the basement needs cleaning or at least sorting. But these are just minor things. I had a good time. Thanks!

Nice place. Close to Downtown. The owner is nice and helpful. Continental breakfast is included, and I think it is more than enough. The only thing you need to understand is that place is guest house. So it is something in between a hostel and a hotel. And I think it works perfectly for that.

• 14th Sep 2011
  • Egypt

I stayed for three weeks at this hostel and it was a good choice. Except from some cobwebs in the corners my room and the facilities were very clean. The owner Emre was always very kind and helpful if I had any questions.

• 11th Sep 2011

Very quiet street in a lively neighborhood. Great accommodations for a reasonable price.

• 2nd Sep 2011

The b&b was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed at. I have traveled quite a bit and I usually stay at hostel, this time I decided to try a b&b, I have never seen a place as dirty as Jacob B&B, there was even a chewing gum on the toilet floor. The pillow were stinky and the floor was just very dirty with a potato chips under the bed that has probably been there at least a week... It's a shame cause the area itself is ok. I do not recomend that B&B to anyone.

• 31st Aug 2011

The location of this place is great if you want to be in the heart of the gay village. It's also fairly close to the Bloor shopping district. The place itself was OK, not great. It didn't really feel like a B&B to me, but more like I was staying in someones house. I hardly saw anyone else while I was there. The place can use some updates for sure. There were 3 overloaded extension cords in my room. The bathroom was the part I really didn't like. It seemed kind of dirty.

• 13th Aug 2011

If you're looking for somewhere that is cozy, this is the perfect place for you.There is air conditioning in every room. It was nice to come back to a cold room after being in the heat all day. The hosts were really polite and nice, they have great character. There were a few minor things about the B&B that I would probably address, There were a few dusty areas and cobwebs in the room, the room was cozy, but no dresser but a closet. PRICES WERE AWESOME NONE THE LESS :)

• 29th Jul 2011

2nd stay there we really like it.

The welcomer is very nice and helpfull. We easily felt qt home. We had a wonderful time in Toronto because it is close from a lot of touristic area. We would definitly return and we recommand it cause it is worth it and for a very good price. Rooms are confortable and quiet.

View all Toronto Bed and Breakfasts