Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin, Ireland

The Jacobs Inn Hostel was perfect. It is only 10 minutes walk to Temple Bar District, the dorm rooms are fine, the staff is very helpful and breakfast is included! I recommend the free walking tour starting every morning (leaving 10.10am in the morning). You get to learn a lot about the history of Dublin in three hours time. Perfect if you are in Dublin for a few days.

Big hostel located very very close to Dublin city centre (and Busaras, which is always useful!). Breakfast is always a bonus, and this one was very decent. Bedroom and bathroom were clean, bedroom spacious, kitchen was a wee too small compared to the size of the hostel, common room was really nice. Very good hostel, will definitely come back next time I stop in Dublin!

The hostel is one of the best hostels that I have visited during my time in Europe. The room is clean and very spacious. It has a bathroom with clean shower and toilet in the room, and a extra bathroom outside the room. The breakfast is provided and the kitchen is really good. The hostel is relatively close to the center and the Temple Bar region, about 20min walk to a street with a lot of cool bars. The hostel has also a really nice free walking tour. Very good price for the service provided.

Very helpful staff and good atmosphere. Location next to Connolly Station is a big plus point.

great location. Staff were very friendly. Security was great, however I was needing to come up to reception everyday as my card stopped working. My last night a staff member checked why. Great breakfast was included although it is basic. 3 power for 12 females. 1 bathroom for 12 females meant some waiting. on the bottom floor so could hear everything People in kitchen, getting luggage etc. our door banged so when people arrived back at 2am or leave early woken up. Then the fire alarm 1 morn.

Had great fun in this hostel! Would definitely come back again. Great birthday weekend away :)

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Brilliant Glad you enjoyed !

Helpful staff . Adequate breakfast. Comfortable bunk - in spite of my being on the top level as a Senior Citizen. Cosmopolitan atmosphere with a mix of students and casual workers using the hostel as their' home from home'. Easy to find as next door to the bus station and very near Railway station. Value for money.

Many thanks for your lovely review

Right from the minute I walked through the door staff was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. They told me about the free stuff they offer and we helpful with all my questions. Very close to the main shopping/tour pick up areas and easy to find. Very happy with my stay here!

Lovely comments ...Thank you !

I thought everything was good, but didn't like paying 2 euros a day for lockers, should be in every room and not on first floor and free.

Good news: we will get lockers later this year in every room

Great place to stay, less than 10 minute walk to temple area, right next to the bus station and Luas (tram) good place to get some quieter sleep than you would at say Barnacles.

All good to hear .thank you !

Maria was great. She was very helpful and courteous.

We have to agree and we will pass this on to Maria !

The hostel accomodates a lot of people, almost too many people. The free breakfast was very basic (toast and cereal) and feels like the inside of an anthill. Kitchen is tucked away and sweltering hot. Other facilities are great though. And the first guy that greated us was amazing (it was Pavel). Another staffmember we talked to a little later was brusque and snarly, though maybe he was just having a bad night.

Thanks or your feedback - a mixed bag and sorry we did not get it right on all counts . Good news were are expanding breakfast area this year for busy days. Our Breakfast is Free and light and simple . Glad that Pawel was so helpful and we will look improving all round on service.

I thought it was quiet clean and staff were very helpful.in fact we will be staying with you again on 22 may.look forward toit.

• 6th Apr 2015

It can be a bit noisy if you get a room that's on the side of the street but other than that it was clean, the staff was helpful and gave us great recommendations.

Glad the staff were helpful . We do have ear plugs for lighter sleepers i you are disturbed by noise. Thanks for your feedback

Friendly atmosphere, great location for exploring Dublin - had a lovely time. However there are no lockers in the rooms, so you have to be ok with your luggage just lying around. And there were only two working sockets in a room for 10 people - I always managed to charge my phone, but it was a bit of a pain.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

Had a great stay at Jacobs Inn. It's a really big hostel so as a solo traveler you might have trouble meeting people because of all the groups staying. Its not to far from many attraction in Dublin. Many of the day tours have their bus pick ups right around the corner so it's very convenient.

So glad you enjoyed . The free waling tour is a great way to meet other travelers and though big we are very friendly!

The staff was very friendly. the rooms were nice and clean, and the atmosphere was great!

Thank you kindly !

Really nice. Bathroom inside our dorm was like a hotel bathroom. Nice common room and kitchen.

Glad you liked us ! Thanks

the staff were great and really friendly! they provided breakfast without additional charges which is a good start to the day! and they have a kitchen for us to cook and meet new people! I expected a small and messy space since I booked a 12beds dorm according to previous experiences, but to my surprise it's so spacious and clean! and the entire building has wifi, not just the common area! really satisfied for the price and highly recommend this place!!👍👍

So good to hear you found the staff friendly and that you would recommend us . Come back soon ! Thank you

We took the 12-bed dorm and stayed for 5 nights and we loved this place. Location was very good with everything within walking distance. Room was very big and spacious which we felt could've used a few hangers on the wall. Beds were sturdy and firm with no squeaky sounds. We would have liked it if there plugs were placed in the middle of the room so as to not interrupt other guests. Everything was very clean and we couldnt ask for more. Breakfast gets a bit packed due to the size of the hostel b

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7