Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Really amazing place. A bit seedy area at night for a girl travelling alone, but that wasn't the fault of the hostel owners at all.

I stayed in 8 bed mixed en suite which was good. Friendly staff went the extra mile to let me secure my motorbike in their lockup. Lockers are expensive but security is otherwise tight with lots of keycard doors. Huge kitchen. Hidden common area TV room is nice. For some reason everyone hangs out at reception instead. Everything was clean enough. Free breakfast was cornflakes toast eggs juice.. which continues in the kitchen if you're up late!! Wifi was basic. Not a bad place to stay.

To big to have a really hostel atmosphere. Location is not bad

The Hostel is perfect for a stay in Dublin. It's located in the city centre, yet not too loud. It's right beside O'Connell Street, the best shopping street in the city. The breakfast is not ok, you can have toast and jam and cornflakes. The staff is very friendly and always there to help you. I would definitely recommend the hostel or stay there again myself.

There is no wifi in the bedroom, and the tv was broken. The voice proof is not good at all>_

The staff here are very nice and helpful. Very strict with security of who comes in the hostel, which is good. The rooms don't have lockers so you have rent one in the communal locker room. Kitchen is well-stocked but the provided breakfast is light. The hostel is clean and the bathrooms are well-kept. Overall great place in a good location. DEFINITELY DO THE PUB CRAWL.

Great Hostel in good location, great kitchen and most importantly AMAZING staff!!!

In our room there were only one light switch at the door, but not near the bed, I think one more light switch would be very helpful

• 14th Jul 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at Jacob's Inn. This was my first hostel visit ever, so I have pretty high expectations now! The staff was super friendly and able to answer all of our questions! Having the lockers all the way downstairs and through a bunch of doors was kind of annoying at times, however. (We stayed in another hostel in Cork that had lockers that rolled out from under the bunk beds that were secure and SUPER handy.) Overall, we were extremely satisfied and would definitely return!

• All Male Group, 18-24

Was cheap, safe and clean

• 14th Jul 2014

Had a private en-suite room, which was very good, and the bathroom was fitted to hotel standards. Breakfast was not very relaxed, however. I am not a typical hostel user, being old enough to be many of the guests' father(!), however I would consider using again, provided I was in a private room. I don't think the dorms with shared facilities would be for me.

• Mixed Group, 41+

Had some difficulties with the staff but was finally able to have a guy at the front desk help us out. I recommend if you want a room switch and they tell you no just ask next time a different person is sitting at the desk :) overall it was an okay stay.

Not much of a breakfast

• 13th Jul 2014

Overall a good place. The wifi was troublesom sometimes, but when you're out most of the time what's it matter? Didn't like how there are no lockers in the rooms though. You have to rent out a locker and pay for it per night that it's used with a €10 deposit if you want to lock up any valuables safely

The place was great! I really liked it. My only drawback was that there is no wifi in the rooms. You habe to go into common area and sometimes i didnt feel like it.

The rooms were very spacious and nice. The staff was always helpful. Good walking tour. It was just loud. The doors slam and you can hear everything in the hallways and outside. Not a bad place to stay.

Rooms are not air conditioned and not very many outlets. Also, there is not wifi in the rooms, only in common areas. The staff was fantastic though and so helpful. Beds were fine.

• 11th Jul 2014

Great stuff, great pub crawl, but how are you meant to remember all those amazing pubs you where in the next day? pretty confusing!

• 11th Jul 2014

Great staff at the reception! Cheers for organising a bus to the Arctic Monkeys concert!

I would recommend staying here,the room was very clean and the staff are very friendly and friendly .

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7