Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great spot! Very close to Connolly Station which was very convenient.

• 14th Sep 2014

My stay was good. Hostel clean, quiet, well located, staff nice. 2 things I would say are that : - Connecting to the Internet via Facebook, doing a check-in every time is a bit annoying. WiFi connexion is not really performant as soon as you have more than 5 people in the same place. It's not accessible from rooms, but in a sense, it can be a good thing :) - I did not understand why prices of rooms change every day? For ex : Staying in the same room for 3 nights could be 3 different prices!

• 11th Sep 2014

We loved it. You can Walk everywhere and the staff was Great :)

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Austria

I stayed just for one night but I really liked, it was my first time out of Brazil and the staff were very helpful, and the place was very nice too.

• 8th Sep 2014

One of the best hostel i have been to. Big and clean bathroom, clean and very new furnished rooms. Friendly staff

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Great tips for things to do from the front desk. Great service in booking tours. Security is top notch. Multi key card entry doorways as well as random key card checks to ensure only guests are allowed in.

• 7th Sep 2014

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

The bathroom was renovated, very nice! Breakfast was just toast, jam, butter and cornflakes. It was good, but the cleanliness of the breakfast room wasn't so good.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Thanks for posting- glad you enjoyed it - I am going to check the cleanliness of the breakfast room and see where we can improve on this.

My room was on the ground floor opposite the kitchen so it was loud untill about 11 and then again from 7 or so on in the morning, other than that a nice hostel to stay, really comforable beds!

Thanks for your review. Glad you liked the hostel - sorry you found it noisy on the ground floor.

I would highly recommend Jacobs Inn if you are staying in Dublin, great facilities and a nice atmosphere

First hostel of my trip, the storage lockers are great for the luggage, but it's in a separate room and there is nothing to store in your room, and with the amount of people in a room you'd want store there. So I had to keep going back and forth. The walking tour with Allan is amazing, as is the pub crawl. It is so so easy to meet people at Jacobs Inn and spend it he day with them. Breakfast is cold cereal and toast. The worst part of it is the lack of plug ins. Four for a 10 person rm.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Yes we are looking at adding some extra plugs without blowing up the hostel. You are quite right - we need more and we promise we will sort this out before the year is out.

Due to the time of year there was a lot oof young backpackers. Hostel was busy day and night, it had a lovely friendly atmosphere.

• 1st Sep 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay.

I was pleased with my stay at Jacob's Inn in Dublin. It was quite clean, though a bit dated in the rooms. I was happy to be able to drop my bags off and lock them in the lockers as I arrived too early for check in, so I was able to go and tour around without having to lug my bags around. It is so close to the Luas Buseras station which connects you to the rest of the city, or at least to other transit systems. I would definitely stay here again.

Wonderful hostel. We stayed for a couple of nights in an all-female dorm and had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people along the way. Pretty central. Facilities are excellent and staff are very helpful. Breakfast was the best I've had at any hostel! Eggs, toast, juice, cereal. Would definitely stay here again.

Had a lovely stay! Great staff, greetings to Andy especially :) good breakfast, basic toast, eggs, cereal, coffee & tea. I would recommend.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Finland

The room was very clean, big, and bathroom was large. Standard hostel breakfast with toast coffee and cereal. Location isn't amazing but the walk to town isn't bad plus you get to see a few cool streets along the way. Near the Celt pub which you should stop by every night for great Irish music The wifi is practically nonexistent and hardly works so if you meet people or want to look something up, you need to leave the hostel to do so. No atmosphere even though has loads of people

It was an excellent stay at Jacobs Inn. It's very close to the city centre and it is possible to go to many places by walking. The staff was really helpful and very friendly, specially a guy that stayed there in the mornings (that's a shame I don't remember his name). My group was big (11 people) and we all stayed at the same room, so we didn't have problems with roommates. The facilities where useful and the bathrooms were very clean. I only wanted to find more sockets in the room

• 30th Aug 2014

Only drawback was no lockers in rooms...but in a central location. Got used to this after a while

• 28th Aug 2014

Overall, a great hostel to stay in. It would be best if we can have wifi in our own dorms and also some lockers in the dorms as well. Great staff, great location. Free breakfast is convenient and good for us as well.

A fairly quiet hostel despite its size and incredibly squeaky doors. A bit pricey, but then again, so is everything in Dublin.

Great cooking facilities and great room we had a private room and the room and bathroom were both spotless. Staff really friendly especially the young man that checked us in. Overall a great stay!.

• 26th Aug 2014