Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin, Ireland

Wow what a great fun and safe first hostel to ever stay at in Europe! Whatever you do don't miss the backpackers pub crawl for twelve euro... So much fun!!!!

• 27th Jun 2015

Everything was perfect...just wish they'd had single rooms available. But definitely a pleasant experience for the price and excellent location!!

• 26th Jun 2015

Stayed here one night before flying out of Dublin. Tons of kitchen space, beds were comfortable. Lots of people around, so it's a great place if you're travelling alone. The location is not right in the middle of everything, but it's not far to walk to Temple Bar area. My only complaint would be the taps in the sinks. They spray water everywhere and don't seem to be very Eco-friendly. Other than that, great stay.

Simple but delicious breakfast made for a great start to the day. Conveniently located close to city center (like a five minute walk) and maybe 90 second walk away from train station. Bus from the airport drops you off about 30 meters from hostel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bed was clean and comfortable!

All in all it was alright.

• 24th Jun 2015

great stay, friendly people, u can feel relaxed here, i like to stay here and i would reccomend.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Lithuania

Come back and relax some more soon!

Just something small. The pillows were a bit flat.

• 20th Jun 2015

However small its useful feedback ! We will look at new ones where needed

every thing was ok except the check inn maria customer service skills are non existent she made me empty my bag out in reception full of customers so that she could see my photo id even though i showed her enough id to prove who i was and i also offered to bring down my photo id within 5 minutes of checking in to the hostel the following night her work colleague allowed 2 women to check in with no id at all while i was stood behind them waiting to ask a question which i found i little 2 faced

This was the first hostel I stayed during my first solo backpacking trip. It was great! It has a lot to offer including a free daily walking tour, wifi, free breakfast. The location is super convenient - not even a minute from the Luas. I definitely recommend this place!

Thank you hostel virgin - glad you enjoyed your first time !

Pleasant stay for a weekend. Security was good, and staff were helpful. Everything was clean but the room was a bit sparse - a bath mat and a bedside lamp would have greatly improved the experience.

• 18th Jun 2015

Many thanks for your review . Bath mats for the private rooms we are now ordering- thank you for the suggestion!

Very good hostel.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Jacob's Inn itself felt secure, but the area around it felt a little bit restless at night. Staff was very nice, Wi-Fi excellent.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Had a great stay here. The rooms were spacious and the bathrooms were all updated and really nice. Staff were nice and helpful. Good size hostel - lots of people around to meet but not so big that it's noisy all night. Location was the only downside, you have to catch the tram to see a lot of the main sights but that's not a big deal since it's right next to a station. It also is right next to the railroad tracks which can be loud if you're on that side of the building.

Many thanks for your great feedback.Please note that we do offer ear plugs for lighter sleepers if trains disturb you. We will not deny the railway line is close but it does not run through the night, and we have great transport connections here and all over the city and Ireland !

No complaints! Showers in the room - fantastic. Kitchen was clean. People were friendly. Staff were helpful. Lockers were HUGE. Centrally located. Highly recommend!

The most comfortable bed I've had at a hostel. Enjoyable breakfast and relatively clean. The walking tour was a great experience. The staff seemed to barely tolerate my presence though, I must have just caught them on a bad day.

• 16th Jun 2015

It was way better than I expected. I feel like I was staying in a hotel for a great price. Next time I'm in Dublin I will be staying at Jacobs Inn.

• 16th Jun 2015

Thanks so much- we aim to please !

I would definitely recommend this hostel. Great value for money, on walking distance from the centrum of the city, great staff and I just had a wonderful time! I will certainly visit this hostel again next time I'm in Dublin :)

• 15th Jun 2015

Wonderful review.. thanks !

location isn't too bad. staff were mediocre. not welcoming when I first checked in. when asked about the walking day tour, no one knew exactly where the guide would take us. one staff gave me a brochure to read about it and it still didn't say where we would be going. rooms don't have personal bed lamps, and the one light in the room is dim. some beds don't have outlets either so you have to ask a mate to use theirs. located across a loud group and all the doors slam shut so it's really loud!

Stayed in a 12 mixed dorm ensuite, found the dorm to be clean. Beds were comfy. However downside was there was only a plug in for the middle beds. Was not able to charge our electronic devices throughout the night and would need to ask the middle bed to use the plug in. Location is good for the train station but a bit of a walk in order to reach the central area.

Good and big spaces, clean and well placed. The only bad thing was that the personal was not very friendly, some of them even almost rude.

Thanks for your feedback. We normally get such great reviews on the staff so we are very disappointed if we let you down here. Sorry ,we will look into this to see how we can be more consistent

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7