Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin, Ireland

The staff is great, the rooms are clean and good beds, the room is big enough, so even in a 10 bed dorm it doesn't feel crowded. There is a bathroom and toilet in the room, big and clean. No lights next to the bed and not so much plugs, but not a big problem. The common areas great as well. The kitchen is a bit small and super hot when people cook in it a lot but has all you need. I stayed with my mom 2 nights and we booked one more, so - happy to stay there :)

• Croatia

Jacobs Inn is a very nice hostel at Dublin : near the center of the town, near the bus and all facilities. Staff is lovely.

• 25th May 2015

I was blown away by how great this was! It is very clean and the staff are more than helpful no matter the time or the day. This was my first hostel stay so I was unsure about the whole thing but the moment I walked in i was put at ease. I will definitely book with them in the future. My new go to place in all of Dublin!

• 25th May 2015

Had a great time at this clean and secure hostel. Good atmosphere and VERY pleasant and helpful staff! Would 100% stay here again and would recommend to any of my friends. Only suggestion would be to provide some form of bath mat - it is so annoying if someone leaves a wet mess and you walk in the bathroom in your socks. Absolute pleasure to stay here! Thanks!

• 24th May 2015

Good value and location. I've stayed here a few times now and will certainly stay again.

• 22nd May 2015

My only complaint is that there was not enough tables for the number of guests at breakfast.

Very nice staff, always helpful and very friendly. We had a brilliant time and definitly will come back soon

• 16th May 2015

The structure of the hostel was really good. Good location, kitchen well equipped and clean rooms.

One bathroom for 12 in a dorm is not great. Luckily there was an extra bathroom in the hall. Also the design of the bathroom makes it so 1 person monopolizes all of it even if they don't need it. Finally the design lends the bathroom to looking dingy even when it is clean.

• 14th May 2015

The staff in the front desk was really unfriendly. I didn't.feel like being welcomed. This is more like like a hotel than a hostel that people are not willing to talk at all. And for the kitchen, the stove is not working well it take a long time to boil the water. The air is trapped in the kitchen that it's hot and I can hardly breath. I won't choose again.

• 14th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

great place, helpful staff ... good location.

Very funny staff!

the hostel was great. the kitchen was huge and the rooms were nice and beds comfy. it was really annoying that the lockers were in a room on the ground floor instead of in the room but definitely a perfect location and an overall awesome experience

A very nice hostel, day staff at reception very good but night staff the night I arrived was very poor, could only just speak English & not at all friendly (no excuse even if it was at 11 pm). Certainly need more ventilation in the 12 room dorm especially if there are stinky feet as was my case with one person for 3 nights. I am very happy with the place that I have booked another 10 days there.

• 11th May 2015

Good place for discover Dublin, the room was good , bed confortable , bathrooom good. But sometimes lot of noises in the corridor, specially late the evening and early morning ( at 7 !) We appreciate too the kitchen ,it's so pratical.

• 11th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Overall a good, large hostel. Did not use any of the communal facilities except lockers which were good sized. Our three person room was plenty big enough and very clean. Staff was easy to deal with and very efficient. At night you need both your key and an ID to get in. I figured one key for the room would have sufficed since the three of us all got back at once but we were rather gruffly told that was unacceptable.

• 9th May 2015

Not enough outlets in the rooms ! Otherwise it was great.

Facilities were clean and well kept. Also I loved the free light breakfast. It works a long way for a traveler on a budget. Some staff were really friendly and helpful, but the young man that checked me out wasnt very pleasant. Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay here and would stay again.

• 9th May 2015

Good budget hostel. Rooms were spacious and pretty quiet, even in large dorm. The only computer wasn't working, but everything was clean. Breakfast is minimal but nice to have. Linens are included but the pillows are flat as a pancake.

bigger breakfast room required, rooms a bit odd, luxury bath for a hostel...

Good news we will have a bigger breakfast room later this year - which will be great for the days when all guess seem to come down at the same time

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7