Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin, Ireland

Great place, great staff, great facilities. But not enough outlets in the dormitories.

Front desk staff were really wonderful. Our key cards stopped working multiple times, which was annoying, but the front desk always had a quick and easy fix. The rooms and beds were good, although I wish there were lockers in the room for your things. You have to rent them. Location is close to pretty much everything, but also outside of the main areas enough to be a quiet neighborhood. Great budget place.

• 24th Aug 2015

it's not a 24hr desk!!

It was clean and the stuff were friendly. Rooms are ok and breakfast also.

• 23rd Aug 2015

The showers had stoppers on them every 20 seconds.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Right in the city centre. Breakfast was fine and the room was very large, perfect for what we wanted!

• 22nd Aug 2015

We were a twelve person stag party who were basically looking for beds to sleep in when we got back from our days out in Dublin. The staff treated us really well on arrival at 10pm. We got our key cards to a 10 person dorm and a 3 person room. The 3 person room had a safe, which was nice to be able to put all our passports in. The beds are basic, but exactly what we needed. On checkout, the staff did a quick check of the rooms and handed us back our security deposits. All-in-all a good stay.

• 21st Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay in Jacobs.

Has everything you need but this place is really big with a huge mix of people. By that I mean older, school groups etc the hang out areas didn't really have a good atmosphere so you're sort of reliant on the people in your room. Location wise it's about a 15-20min walk away from the main things. Staff were really nice and helpful. I think if you're a group this is place is fine but if you're solo I'd try and go somewhere smaller

The walking tour was one of the best I have ever been on. Our tour guide Alan was very informative. Made it worth while!

• 19th Aug 2015
  • domdomdoy

VERY helpful staff. Rooms were big, nice toilets/showers, good location to everything you wanna see in Dublin. Would stay here again.

Nice place to stay! The rooms were very spacious but there was no place to lock up your things in your room. If you wanted to lock something up, you had to rent a lock and lock it up on the main floor. Breakfast had a large variety. When we were there however there were tons of younger kids which wasn't ideal.

Very secure, which is very assuring as they are located on a shady street. Only 2 outlets the room so be prepared to share.

It was so nice. When i arrived there was a friendly atmosphere. I booked a 10girls room and IT was clean and the bed ok. The kitchen with self catering was big and you can share it with 4further people who like to cook. Everyone was nice and friendly. I.d like to mention some name ...alan and barbara stays in my mind as a 5star stuff ;) good job. See you Next time

• 18th Aug 2015

Great location and friendly stuff, hostel is really clean and well managed. Breakfast is included composed of toasts and cornflakes and juice. During the night there was noise coming from the street and the bottom beds were low so it wasn't possible to sit on the bed and not to hit your head. But those are only negatives I could find and I recommend the hostel to anyone coming to Dublin!

The beds were very squeaky - might be good to look at fixing! Bathrooms clean and organised.

• 17th Aug 2015
  • snowpea176096

Definitely a good value for the money. They do not provide free lockers and the locker room is on the ground floor. Which is one thing we usually look for in a hostel but it was difficult to find that information. Limited bathroom facilities. But the hostel was pretty clean, helpful staff, good location, and free breakfast in the morning is a plus. Comfortable beds, although the rooms were a hot. All in all an ok stay.

It's a pity that we only have 4 sockets in the room, it's really inconvenient for 12 girls.

Great place to stay in Dublin. Pub crawl rocks.

Great location. Staff were good. Not the best hostel for meeting people, but you can easily hit up a pub and do that. You get what you pay for. Really nothing bad to say.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7