Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel is very nice and everything is as expected, my only comment is that it would be nice if the sinks could be adjusted this due to the following reasons: Water temperature extremes: Cold or very Hot only Water pressure: The water flows with such force that the water is just splashing all over the place.

This is the most secure hostel I've taken in yet. Amazing and helpful staff. They took the time to book me tours at three in the morning, calling multiple places because it was last minute and most were booked. The bed and covers were the cleanest nd most I have seen yet! Very please and well worth the money!

Spent a long time choosing a hostel online but chose well. Perfect location and excellent facilities. I actually liked the fact that free stuff was left in the dorm, so you could help yourself to things others didn't need, rather than it being thrown away. The lockers were great to have when arriving early ... I was there at 6.30am! Super comfy mattresses, no squeaky beds, great security.Friendly staff.... Top hostel!

Stayed here for the third time and would do so again at any time! The staff is great! You can ask them whatever you want or for whatever you need and they'll help you! Rooms where good. In some of them the bathrooms defenitely need a revision (room 101). The bathrooms at the corridors are great. The breakfast was simple but still good (coffe, juice, milk, cereals and toasts with butter and jam).

• 28th Jul 2015

Loved the Inn. Great spot to stay if you plan on meeting other travellers. The walking tour they provide is an excellent way to learn about the history of Dublin and to find your bearings if you've just arrived in the city. If I come back to 'Black Water', I will certainly be staying at Jacob's again.

• 27th Jul 2015

I've had an excellent stay at Jacobs Inn! The bedroom was clean, the location is perfect and the kitchen is very well equiped. The free breakfast is simple but very good (bread, butter, jam, juice, tea, milk and cereals).

Generally Great stay in the hostel. Staff great and seemed genuinely interested in what you had been doing/were planning on doing. Could do with more seating at breakfast perhaps. & if the Gernans in our room could not sing happy birthday at 3.30am when we had to be up at 5.45 that would be great haha.

• 27th Jul 2015

Customer services is atrocious since whenever you need help, there are always only 2 staff on duty when there are queues of people needing help. The staff clearly don't have the good sense or morality to politely ask dumb guests taking up too much time to move on as others are waiting. I saw one guest visibly upset because he clearly needed help and I decided to step in. The staff are often rude an obnoxious. On my final day, they decided to change breakfast times so I missed it.

Kinna rude staff!! Not just once either n not just one person!

Fantastic stay

• 24th Jul 2015

Excellent location, not much of an atmosphere in the hostel...we were having a couple of drinks in the common room when a staff member very obviously on a power trip came in with a chip on his shoulder. On returning home that night he again was extremely rude to us and took our keys from us and stated something along the lines of us being in the room with cameras??? whatever he meant by that! aside from that it was grand...

Thanks for your review ,.Sorry if you found the staff member rude,this should not be the case and we will look into this.

Jacobs, as always is more interested in `profit' than the comfort of its guests, whom they clearly don't give a damn about. However, this is typical of the attitude of Dubliners. Groups or large party's should be told on arrival NOT to use areas such as the self catering kitchen together, since it deprives other guests. It was packed and claustrophobic. Surely this violates health and safety. As described, guests may be told to use the restaurant so Jacobs can maximize profit.

The room was nice, enough space and the bathroom was clean. The atmosphere in the hostel is not really good, the hostel is very big and it's not easy to meet people except people in your room. The location is ok, it's a 15 minutes walk to the city centre. The breakfast is simple but ok. There is a free walking tour every day, really nice!

Thanks for your feedback if you found it difficult to meet people . Usually the Guest Kitchen is a great spot for social interaction .We are changing the layout in the Hostel later this year and we think this will help the atmosphere. If only people would put their phones down and chat more !

Very noisy at night and poor breakfast compared to other hostels Staff very helpful

Glad you liked the staff . Sorry if you found it noisy we do offer ear plugs for lighter sleepers.The bedrooms and corridors should be quiet after 11 which is the Houserule . Free Breakfast is light and simple but you can always cook in Guest kitchen if you need something more substantial

Was a large hostel with very clean facilities

My agenda while in Ireland was very full, so I did not spend too much time in the hostel. However, I was blown away by how secure I felt when entering the hostel at night. I haven't seen a hostel require so much in order to enter, which made me feel safe! Thank you!

• 17th Jul 2015

Good to hear you felt safe !

Good hostel, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was basic but appreciated! Would be handy to have lockers in the rooms for valuables etc

• 17th Jul 2015

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Clean,basic and easy to get into the city.would deffo use again.

Deffo come back please !

Beds could be more comfy - the pillow I had had no texture at all. The staff could be more helpful as well - during my stay, I asked them to help me unlock the electrical room because my luggage was stowed there but they didn't make any attempt to do so, so I wasn't sure if they heard me. I needed a shuttle to the airport but they told me to take the direct express bus instead, and neglected to tell me that I needed to purchase a ticket, and the next morning all the tickets were sold out.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

It seemed nicer in the photos.. It's much more uglier irl. Too crowded... Staff was a bit weird..

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Greece

We are so sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing . We are not sure which staff you mean by weird so it would be great if you could provide more detail please?

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7