Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin, Ireland

They are very hospitable and very polite staff. They offered us the free breakfast after we checked in even though we had not stayed there the previous night. The location is close to the River Liffey and O'Connell Street.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Great place! Amazing staff, who helped us a lot (we were an 8 people group). Easy to get downtown and to get the bus to any tour that you buy. Very clean bedroom and bathroom. Good breakfast.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Excellent!!! But the free breakfast until 9.30 is too early!!!

The hostel is in a pretty good location and pretty clean. However, the staff are not very welcoming. They were rude and unhelpful when their airport shuttle was over 20 minutes late and we almost missed our flight. They were not very informed about the area and did't give good directions or recommendations.

A majority of the staff was fairly rude. They clearly didn't want to be there and weren't very happy to help. That being said, there were 2 people that were nice and ready to help and give suggestions.

• 21st Nov 2014

Great stay in a 2 person room for me and my daughter. Kitchen was cleaned a few times each day and everyone was very kind. The pans were a bit old and the fridge was quite chaotic, but that is what one might expect in a kitchen shared by so many people!

• 20th Nov 2014

My favourite hostel in Dublin :)

Perfect location, clean rooms and bathrooms, comfortable bunks, friendly and helpful staff. Can't really go wrong!

• 17th Nov 2014

Good located hostel. Huge, so it lacks a bit of atmosphere, but the staff was great

The hostel staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. They provide you with a wealth of resources for your stay and will offer recommendation for everything! The facilities were quite nice as were the linens and comforter. I would definitely stay here again. The walk to south of the river was only around 10 minutes and there was a lovely shopping district near the hostel as well.

• 15th Nov 2014

Pretty great spot. Helpful staff, nice rooms, great location, decent setup, all you can really ask from a hostel. -Colin (Canada)

I really enjoyed staying at the Jacobs Inn. It's in the City Center, but not in the very heart, so it isn't that noisy and busy. Actually, the Hostel Looks a bit like a Hotel: The rooms are not too small and each one has an own bathroom, whcih is a big plus. When we had some problems with our room mates, the staff gave us a new room without any questions. All in all a very good hostel. I've never been to a better one.

Hi I really enjoyed my stay in Jacobs the staff are so friendly and helpful, and I met some very nice people there can't fault it at all overall it was a brilliant week cheers

• 10th Nov 2014

Nice place, near everything in Dublin. Clean, safe, quiet. I would recommend it =)

Guests should be given dated Jacob's Inn wrist bands as security access, as the piece of paper and key card presentation at the door can easily be scammed and the slightly aggressive manner of the staff at 1am in the morning if you have lost or forgotten either piece of verification, whilst understandable, was over the top. Wrist bands are used extensively and are inexpensive and will help at the door.

• Scotland

Fantastic location and hostel. It was just what we needed for the weekend. The reception staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. The only thing that let it down was the state of the common room. It looked a bit grubby and unloved. The pool table had rips in it and made it hard to play on. When we visited the PlayStation was broken, so our kids were a little disappointed. It didn't spoil our stay though and we had a fantastic time.

• 7th Nov 2014

Rooms were very clean, nice big new bathroom. Beds were comfortable and blankets thick enough. We just struggled with the electricity because it was not working on the first day. The heater could not be switched off in the first night, second night was ok. Breakfast was really easy, maybe a variety of ham and cheese would be nice as well.

• 7th Nov 2014

The hostel is basic, the atmosphere is poor, the room had a bad smell and a dirty bathroom. kitchen is not 24h, staff are quite rude. In 3 days, I was asked for my payment receipt about 5 times, wich was quite inconvenient. For those who expect a little more than a bed and a hot shower, does not worth it.

very nice free services like Tourist Tours etc.

• 4th Nov 2014

error in booking management system - i havent bed and my items were lost for some hours. if i havent a mobile with me - mayde i would have stay outside :/

• 3rd Nov 2014