Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin, Ireland

very nice people at the reception, helpful, funny

We really liked staying in Jacob's Inn! It was really cheap (10-bed dorm), cosy, WARM (the only warm place in Dublin?!), with perfect breakfast, cool free tour and nice staff! Nice beds, nice bathroom, too.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Poland

First I have to say_ The staff is very friendly and helped us all the time! Good job, guys! But I also have to mention: the staff should check the rooms before they give it to guests. In our case, the window didn't close properly anymore, you could even push it out without "opening" it the way you do it normally. So we complained at the receiption and got another room right away. Another point to check are the power outlets (have to put charger in certain angle to load) and hairdryers!

I thought that it was a bit of a shame that the hostel didn't provide personal lockers on the rooms itself. Furthermore, nowadays it's nothing more than normal to have one socket per bed in the dorm rooms. Breakfast served until 9:30 which is a bit early in my opinion for a hostel with many young travelers.

Everything was pretty good to be fair. Shower was good. The only gripe is the noise from about 8am - 10am hungover. It sounded like someone was throwing furniture around solidly for 2 hours. Very annoying.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Wales

More outlets should be installed to the bedrooms or an extension cord could be added in order to make charging devices for all residents possible

• 21st Feb 2015

I found the dorm room was a little bit awkward for a solo traveller to join since there were limited power points and no spaces in the room to lock up personal belongings. There also were no individual lights for each bunk plus limited privacy unless you could drape a towel down beside the bottom bunk. However the common room with various games, Netflix, and TV was a great asset for when we didn't feel like going out. The free breakfast was excellent and staff were friendly.

• 20th Feb 2015

Very clean and well equipped Hostel that even offers breakfast for free as well as walking Tours and pub crawls. Even a tv and free wifi in the room!

Great hostel! Would book it again. :) very friendly and helpful staff.

The room was as large as many 3/4 star hotels,it was warm,simple facilities but adequate.Breakfast was also fine,quieter than nearby hostels,great location,near the Luas.Will stay again.No batteries in tv remote control,a minor matter.

I would defiantly recommend to a friend! The free walking tour was great, rooms were fairly clean and it was just a small walk from everywhere you wanted to go!

Loved my stay here!! Will definitely stay here again next time I come back to Dublin!

• 15th Feb 2015

We had a lovely stay!

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Overall, a good, clean hostel with a great location near the main bus station and a short walk from the city centre. They have a nice games room with a projector/TV, pool table and foosball. Atmosphere was alright, considering the time of stay. There were no large utensils in the kitchen, despite an abundance of everything else...

Had a fantastic stay at Jacobs Inn. Booked a 4 Bed Private which was perfect for a girlie weekend.

• 14th Feb 2015

The hostel was a great place to stay for the sized group I was in, we wre all able to get the same room together which meant being able to constantly socialise. It was also very good value for money in a decent location, only a 5-10 minute walk from O'Connell St. I highly rate this hostel.

• 13th Feb 2015

The staff were some of the most personable and helpful I have come across. A lack of a common area might of been a negative but I only stayed one night so it didn't matter. The price was very reasonable. Nice bathroom in my room. I would return again with no hesitations

• 13th Feb 2015

too expensive for a hostel! 4 people for 2nights in a 6bed dorm 250euro!For the same money you can find a hotel! Also the second night they changed us room and they seperated our group, without telling us earlier!The manager very politely tried to apologise(she even gave us complimentary tickets for the hop on hop off bus),but the truth is that they didn't inform us in advance about this-if we knew before we would have booked a hotel with the almost the same money! UNACCEPTABLE for what it cost!

• Greece

I, and my party, really enjoyed the stay at Jacons in. The location is brilliant, the room was clean and maintained whilst we was staying, MOST of the staff were helpful; all in all it was brilliant!

• 13th Feb 2015

It is clean and nice Hostel.

• 10th Feb 2015