Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin, Ireland

Clean and Friendly. I will stay again.

Good clean bed to sleep in, very basic breakfast, free walking tour was good, atmosphere was very hotel like. not many people wanted to make friends but that's not the hostel's fault.

Lovely place. Basic breakfast. Had a large amount of common area to chill/ hangout, WiFi worked okay at most places. Kitchen facilities are amazing (like an actual serving canteen). Great location and staff were really helpful with tour recommendations and transport advice. Would stay again if given the chance.

first class

• 12th Dec 2014

Great location for exploring the city - no complaints. Nice atmosphere and helpful staff.

Comparing to other hostels in Dublin I loved this one. It was very clean (sheets, bed, toilet, kitchen, no mould) and warm. Location is very good as well. Everything was very well organised. They offer free sauna, town walks and pub crawling at night they have common rooms and you can watch films at 9pm. I couldn't try it this time but next time I will for sure! If I go to Dublin again I will choose this hostel.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Poland

I was complitly satisfied with Jacob's Inn. The bed was comfortable. The room was enough big and clean. The breakfast was alright too. Good value for money. The place was full of life, the people were also friendly. The city center is about 15 mins walk, the airport transfer bus stops just next to the hostel. The Guinness storehouse is about 25mins away on foot. Thanks guys! I can only recommend it.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

It was good, except for the lack of electrical outlets in the rooms!! On top of this the WiFi didn't work except in the front lounge.

We walked in greeted with a friendly smile and chat and everything got better from there! Was one of the best places hostel or hotel I have stayed in!!!

• 5th Dec 2014

That's fantastic to hear!

The front desk personnel were very friendly and professional. The individual in the night time on 04/12/2014 wasn't so welcoming. Just be advised to have your confirmation receipt when entering the premises after hours. Other than that misunderstanding it was a really good value for the money.

The jacobs inn is a great hostel. If you don't have the passpartout you have no acces to the corridor. The 8 female bedroom in which we slept was big, but without furniture(who cares), except for coat-rack! The room and bathroom were cleaned every day. Breakfast is abundant. The staff is really funny and kind. It is close to the bus station and railway station. It is set also in the core of the city. I really recommend it. The only thing was a bit ugly and dirty communal kitchen.

There wasn't enough plugs in the rooms

• 30th Nov 2014

Thanks for the feedback - we are looking at some investment in Bedrooms next year and hope to include more plugs as the demand is so high since the advent of Tablets/ laptops and Phones to charge!.Reception will always charge devices for you if needed

The WiFi works only in the lobby, not upstairs in the room. There is no real storage in the actual rooms to put your belongings. It suited our needs for the one night.

Good news! We will have Wifi throughout the hostel shortly We have secure luggage storage on the Ground floor and we are currently reviewing Room storage .

This hostel was great! It gave us everything we needed for our three nights in Dublin. My only complaint would be that there is only wifi in the common area, which was a hassle when we were staying so far from the common room… And when everyone was on the wifi at the same time, it was very slow. Other than that, I loved the place! Nice little breakfast provided each morning is a plus. Very clean and good location.

• 28th Nov 2014

Many thanks for your feedback - Good news we have improved the Wifi in the last week and from next year we will have in all Bedrooms , Hope to see you again.

Nice and clean hostel situated near O'Connel Street. Good staff and atmosphere. The only downside was the lack of lockers.

• 27th Nov 2014

The duvet smelled terribly, the room only had 4 sockets for 12 people, which nowadays with smartphones' batteries that last a day is a huge problem. The shower takes like 4 minutes to get warm and I shuts down every 5 seconds. The location was very good, but other than that, not the best place for me.

I've lived and worked in hostels around Europe and the US... This is the best hostel I've ever seen. Rooms are en suite, there's a room full of giant cages to secure your gear during the day at no extra cost, there's no extra charges for linen or towels like HI hostels have. I was here for business so can't comment on the fun element though it seemed cool. I'm actually amazed at the quality of the place, I've stayed in some for twice the price... Well played Jacob's.

Well thanks a million.So good to hear we impressed!

The only thing consensual among costumers is the lack of sockets in the rooms. In our room there was 2 sockets for 10 people! They could boost the capacity just putting some plug adapters.

Many thanks for your helpfui comments. There are more sockets but may have been hidden behind a bed. We are undertaking some investment shortly and this will be taken into account .

Maybe add varieties to breakfast menu

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

They are very hospitable and very polite staff. They offered us the free breakfast after we checked in even though we had not stayed there the previous night. The location is close to the River Liffey and O'Connell Street.

• 22nd Nov 2014