Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin, Ireland

Great location. Easy to walk to most areas of Dublin from here. Good breakfast, but kinda hard for gluten-free people.

• 3rd Feb 2016

Good Hostel though.

Many thanks

The only bad thing was that we had heavy luggage and the lift was not working, but I think we just had bad lucky on those days,

• 24th Jan 2016

I stayed 2 nights in the 12 bed dorm, bed was comfy and great hot shower...breakfast in the morning was great too. Big thanks to Barbara the girl from Poland in reception she was excellent at her job,Jacobs should promote her!!!. Great location,clean and spacious...I'll be back.Thanks.

Great Feedback thank you. We will pass on your lovely comments to Batrbara she will be thrilled

There are only wall sockets far from my bed. It was uncorfortable but the other things were perfect !!

Great News; from March we will have personal sockets for every bed !

The room and bathroom were clean although looking a bit tired (the hostel is currently being refurbished in parts). There's free breakfast and very good and friendly staff. Would stay again!

Deadly thanks and hope you will come back and see the refurbished Hostel

Not got a bad thing to say about Jacobs Inn. Thank you

• 23rd Jan 2016

Just what we love to hear ! Thanks

broken lift faulty kitchen several incidents of theft (personal experience stolen shoes)

• 20th Jan 2016

I understand our manager has been in touch with you directly on this. Our apologies regarding this situation, We take security issues very seriously

There was a spate of robberies (5 in 3 nights that I was aware of), I myself had a wallet stolen from my bed while i was in it asleep from my jeans at the bottom of the bed). 2 nights later my jeans were gone, I reported it to the staff and they didn't believe me, The staff didn't inform anybody in the hostel about the robberies. In fact the actively hid it when asked. I would be very cautious staying here. For me never again!

• 19th Jan 2016

This was one of my worst experiences with a hostel. If all you are looking for is a safe bed to sleep this would be good for you. The breakfast clean up people were rude and would kick you out of the breakfast room while you were eating. You had to get through six security doors to get to your room. It felt like a prison. The beds were horrible and very short, if your tall I would not recommend bc your feet would dangle off. All of the toilets were clogged or out of order.

We are so very sorry to hear about your experience ,We will be in touch directly with you

Lovely clean hostel. Had a private room and it was a good size, with a good ensuite.

Thanks a million for lovely feedback

Keep working like this, it was a pleasure to be there for the weekend. If I come back to Dublin I will choose the same hostel.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Spain

We are so pleased that we got it right for you ! Thanks

Great atmosphere, friendly staff, good location. Great breakfast with additional eggs on Saturday. The linen was already on the bed on arrival, which was pretty cool, but appeared to be not quite clean, which was not too good. Bathroom in the dorm also not very clean, but the bathroom in the hallway was really clean. Unfortunately no showers there. Would go again.

• 14th Jan 2016

Many many thanks for your kind comments. Just to let you know Linen is always changed for every new customer so our apologies if it did not appear fresh , This should not happen.We do have extra showers on the 1st and 2nd for corridors if your own dorm bathroom was busy and are introducing more soon

The hostel was good, it was in a pretty good location. The only thing I didn't like was you had to go searching for plugs in some rooms, depending on which bunk you got, it wasn't close enough. This hostel was pretty big, so I mainly just hung out with people from my room. The rooms are pretty clean. Overall a good hostel. You can also go to Isaacs (used to be sister hostel to Jacobs Inn) and use their sauna, big perk!

Thank you very very much ! Good news re plugs, all dorm beds will have their own socket and a light,curtain and locker from March . Glad you enjoyed the Sauna at Isaacs!

Facilities were very secure with multiple check points. Kitchen was a little cramped in the morning, but there were several rooms where you could bring your breakfast to eat which was nice. Our group had 7 people so we were in an 9 person dorm with our group + 1 stranger. He was very friendly, so it wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it might be. The heart of Dublin was just a short walk away with many pubs/restaurants/convenience stores nearby.

Thats a great Review thanks . The Kitchen and common areas are being refurbished so there will be lots more space here from March

Good place to stay if you need a place to sleep and have business to take care off. Not a great place to meet people and go out. Facilities are good, people sharing my room were always respectful of quiet hours.

• 7th Jan 2016

Thanks so much. We do offer a pub crawl plus a free walking tour which is always great to meet people. Our new common areas opening soon will be great for socialising!

the place was under construction when we were there... hope to see it in all it's glory when it's finished.

• 5th Jan 2016

We certainly hope so !

Decent kitchen for cooking. Shower in room was annoying as you had to push the button every 5 seconds to keep the water running. Shower in the main hallway was much better.

Thanks . We do have push button showers to do our bit for enviroment but will also have new showers on corridors from March

Hostel was in a great location and staff were beyond helpful especially one night when my friend and I came down to reception at 1am to ask to move rooms due to the loudest snorer in hostel history sleeping in our room. The man on front desk was really understanding and helpful, allowed us to move to an all girls dorm so we could have 4hrs of proper sleep before our flight the next day! Thanks guys! (Pillows felt like I was sleeping on a pancake:( only downfall)

Don't you just hate snorers! Sorry but glad we could help.We will check out the pillows as are replacing some currently

Great hostel. Bus from the airport stops right next to it. Wifi only in the common room, which kinda sucks. Friendly. Overall, I'd stay again.

Hi there and thanks. Wifi is available in all rooms so sorry of you did not get during your stay

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7