Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin, Ireland

Super clean ! Bathrooms could be better , but not too big of a deal. Free breakfast (toast and cereal ) until 930 was great , and the kitchen is nice and renovated . Would stay again.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Stayed with 4 friends in a spacious 8 people room. We cannot fault the facilities or location of the hostel, had no problems at all with noise despite the huge size of the hostel and all the people staying there, and breakfast was OK with juice and cereal as well as toast and basic hot drinks. The staff were very smiley and helpful, and our cheers to Barbara who recommended the nearby The Celt, where we enjoyed a lovely Sunday evening with the best live music of of our trip.

A nice place to stay! Great location!

Booked out a 12 bed dorm for our group celebrating a birthday. The room was clean throughout and large enough for all of us. The atmosphere at the hostel was brilliant and we made lots of new friends. Would stay there again next time I come to Dublin. The only complain we had was that the push button shower didnt last long enough and it took ages to warm up.

• 20th Mar 2015

Jacob's is a big hostel and it feels it. No bad experiences but i stayed 9 nights in total and was underwhelmed by atmosphere. Location is ok without being awesome. Pros: clean hostel, good toilet and shower facilities (tho taps are push button which is annoying and does not save water btw), good kitchen, great info on tours and trips. Cons: no underbed/room secure storage (they charge €2 a day for a locker on the ground floor instead) and a chronic lack of power points in the rooms.

All is perfect except the night staff team. They are unfriendly and unpleasant.

Loved this hostel. I booked a private room & it was outstanding. Great kitchen, handy breakfast, super helpful staff, right across the road from Busaras. Not only would I stay here again, I'll look out for them if they are in other cities.

I was glad to be able to book a room for three with my two mates and we enjoyed our stay at Jacobs Inn during St. Patricks celebrations. There was train going past pretty much out side our window, but it didn't bother me personally (and they are selling earplugs at the reception for 50 cents). Had a good stay and probably stay here when we're visiting Dublins fair city again!

So dirty and expensive. Definitely won' stay there again!

• 15th Mar 2015

Totally beat my expectations. I had a wonderful stay here. They really make you feel at home and hook you up with any information you need to know about Dublin.

• 13th Mar 2015

Love the staff!

• 13th Mar 2015

Loved the people and the hostel location. The kitchen was also huge with everything you would need to make a feast. Lots of fun!

• All Male Group, 18-24

It is a simple hostel, and I just stayed there for the st patrick's weekend. It was too noisy, there weren't enough plugs in the room, the bathrooms are not enough either, the internet was never working, the breakfast is a joke and the staff was pretty average. I paid less for better hostels, in more exciting cities. It is a place to stay when you don't find anywhere cheaper, or better, because it is very central, safe and clean.

• 12th Mar 2015

I really enjoyed my stay during St Patricks weekend. I stayed in a 12 person female dorm. There was one bathroom and shower for all of us to share. There were only 2 outlets for us all that were positioned next to someone's bed which could get creepy. Overall, it was quiet in my dorm, it's clean

Staff are so friendly and helpful. Great hostel

• 12th Mar 2015

the only problem would be the shower as you had to hold the button in while washing which was annoying! but overall great value for money and location.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you for your feedback . We try to do our bit for the enviroment hence the push button showers but plenty of hot water for all !

Great hostel next to tram but did have a lot of youngsters here.

Thanks for your feedback . We have a good mixed crowd at the Hostel

Great :D...

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Croatia

excellent: well run, very clean, very friendly and helpfull staff, good kitchen, good showers. Does get very busy at weekends.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Many thanks for positive comments and yes Dublin is buzzing at the moment !

Friendly and helpful staff, though it's a shame that room doors have an awful acoustic isolation and there are no lockers in the rooms themselves.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7