Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin, Ireland

Very nice staff, always helpful and very friendly. We had a brilliant time and definitly will come back soon

• 16th May 2015

The structure of the hostel was really good. Good location, kitchen well equipped and clean rooms.

The staff in the front desk was really unfriendly. I didn't.feel like being welcomed. This is more like like a hotel than a hostel that people are not willing to talk at all. And for the kitchen, the stove is not working well it take a long time to boil the water. The air is trapped in the kitchen that it's hot and I can hardly breath. I won't choose again.

• 14th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

great place, helpful staff ... good location.

Very funny staff!

A very nice hostel, day staff at reception very good but night staff the night I arrived was very poor, could only just speak English & not at all friendly (no excuse even if it was at 11 pm). Certainly need more ventilation in the 12 room dorm especially if there are stinky feet as was my case with one person for 3 nights. I am very happy with the place that I have booked another 10 days there.

• 11th May 2015

Good place for discover Dublin, the room was good , bed confortable , bathrooom good. But sometimes lot of noises in the corridor, specially late the evening and early morning ( at 7 !) We appreciate too the kitchen ,it's so pratical.

• 11th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Overall a good, large hostel. Did not use any of the communal facilities except lockers which were good sized. Our three person room was plenty big enough and very clean. Staff was easy to deal with and very efficient. At night you need both your key and an ID to get in. I figured one key for the room would have sufficed since the three of us all got back at once but we were rather gruffly told that was unacceptable.

• 9th May 2015

Not enough outlets in the rooms ! Otherwise it was great.

Facilities were clean and well kept. Also I loved the free light breakfast. It works a long way for a traveler on a budget. Some staff were really friendly and helpful, but the young man that checked me out wasnt very pleasant. Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay here and would stay again.

• 9th May 2015

Good budget hostel. Rooms were spacious and pretty quiet, even in large dorm. The only computer wasn't working, but everything was clean. Breakfast is minimal but nice to have. Linens are included but the pillows are flat as a pancake.

bigger breakfast room required, rooms a bit odd, luxury bath for a hostel...

They put me and my friends in separate rooms, they have one plug per room (10 people needing to charge their phones), the staff is not polite and helpful!

Nice clean rooms and good location, but a room for 12 girls had only 3 outlets and they were placed underneath certain bunks, so if you didn't have that bed it was a real challenge to charge your phone.

Thanks for your feedback. Good news we are introducing Power sockets for each bed this year. The demand for plugs has obviously increased substantially since the advent of multi devices to charge so apologies for any inconvenience caused. Reception will also charge devices for you if needed

Overall, it was a good stay! I was really upset that they wouldn't let my friend and I check in early at all! Even after people had checked out and we were sitting in the lobby for 3 hours, they wouldn't clean our beds first or move us to already cleaned beds. I couldn't believe it!

Thanks for your feedback – So sorry that we were unable to give you early access to room on your arrival. If the rooms have been fully cleaned and serviced we will wherever possible accommodate and earlier check in but the official check in time is 3pm. However if this is not possible we will of course store your bags in secure luggage so that you can go off and enjoy the city while your room is prepared.

Very nice hostel, I really enjoyed my stay. Nice room and nice private bathroom.

• 3rd May 2015

Glad you liked us , Thank you !!

I stayed in Jacobs Inn for three nights. The hostel is within walking distance of most things to see and do in Dublin. It's also very close to the main bus station so that's helpful. The rooms were nice and clean. There is a free breakfast as well so that was a plus. The only thing I wished they had were lockers in the rooms.

Thanks so much ! Goo news: we will be introducing lockers to the rooms this year In addition to the existing 24hour luggage room

It was great!!! We travel with our sons (9 and 3 years old) and it was a very good experience for them. The hostel is silent and clean. The room was in yery good conditions.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Spain

Thanks a million so pleased to hear you enjoyed the hostel with your family

Awesome place to stay. The staff is really helpful and friendly. Localization really good, you can just walk around and go to places by foot. (Dublin is small, you can do that anyway). Breakfast included. Nice kitchen, with a lot of things to use. There was no place to charge your stuff in each bed. It was two spaces for ten people. It's not enough those days. But there was where to charge the phone in the hall, where you can also use the computer. Clean and safe.

I wouldt book it again!