Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The Hostel is perfect for a stay in Dublin. It's located in the city centre, yet not too loud. It's right beside O'Connell Street, the best shopping street in the city. The breakfast is not ok, you can have toast and jam and cornflakes. The staff is very friendly and always there to help you. I would definitely recommend the hostel or stay there again myself.

There is no wifi in the bedroom, and the tv was broken. The voice proof is not good at all>_

Great Hostel in good location, great kitchen and most importantly AMAZING staff!!!

In our room there were only one light switch at the door, but not near the bed, I think one more light switch would be very helpful

• 14th Jul 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at Jacob's Inn. This was my first hostel visit ever, so I have pretty high expectations now! The staff was super friendly and able to answer all of our questions! Having the lockers all the way downstairs and through a bunch of doors was kind of annoying at times, however. (We stayed in another hostel in Cork that had lockers that rolled out from under the bunk beds that were secure and SUPER handy.) Overall, we were extremely satisfied and would definitely return!

• All Male Group, 18-24

Was cheap, safe and clean

• 14th Jul 2014

Had some difficulties with the staff but was finally able to have a guy at the front desk help us out. I recommend if you want a room switch and they tell you no just ask next time a different person is sitting at the desk :) overall it was an okay stay.

• 13th Jul 2014

Not much of a breakfast

• 13th Jul 2014

The place was great! I really liked it. My only drawback was that there is no wifi in the rooms. You habe to go into common area and sometimes i didnt feel like it.

The rooms were very spacious and nice. The staff was always helpful. Good walking tour. It was just loud. The doors slam and you can hear everything in the hallways and outside. Not a bad place to stay.

Rooms are not air conditioned and not very many outlets. Also, there is not wifi in the rooms, only in common areas. The staff was fantastic though and so helpful. Beds were fine.

• 11th Jul 2014

Great stuff, great pub crawl, but how are you meant to remember all those amazing pubs you where in the next day? pretty confusing!

• 11th Jul 2014

Great staff at the reception! Cheers for organising a bus to the Arctic Monkeys concert!

I would recommend staying here,the room was very clean and the staff are very friendly and friendly .

Jacobs is a great value. Cheap dorms, great staff, free breakfast, a full kitchen, welcoming atmosphere, and very close to public transportation. Anyone looking to stay in Dublin on the cheap should stay here.

A hub for young travelers in groups moreso than individual travelers looking for adventures. Breakfast is simple fare of bread and butter, but the mattresses are quite firm. The staff are fantastic!

Shower flooded due to slow drain pipe. Need to keep pressing the button for water during shower - annoying.

Everything was great - I booked a private room for 3 which included a private bathroom. The security was outstanding, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the overall cleanliness was great. There was continental breakfast which included cereal, toast, juice and coffee. There wasn't wifi in the room which I was a little bummed about but other than that I had a great stay and would definitely recommend this hostel. The location was also perfect.

• 7th Jul 2014

Awesome! Really nice place, I ended up booking an extra night. Friendly staff, high security, clean place, and free breakfast! Can't beat it!

• 6th Jul 2014

Good hostel, no complaints really apart from the noise in the corridors at times and I guess that comes with the territory anyway. Beds were really comfortable and room and ensuite spacious. Breakfast was fine, but would have been nice to be offered fruit too maybe? and eggs only available one morning I went down. Staff very helpful, polite and always available.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7