Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin, Ireland

Good hostel, but I had 2 problems. First one, I washed all my clothes and, then, put them in the dryer and it just stopped working. So, I had my clothes all wet and the staff didn't seem to care about it. Only suggested to go to another hostel. The problem is that it was night and I had only shorts..freezing experience. And the second, each member of the staff gave me different info for the same coach bus to get to the airport, I had to resell the ticket that I bought from them and go w/ google.

Someone who was in my room stole my towel. Hahhaha GreAt hostel I It would be perfect with more sockets in the rooms.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Not as good an atmosphere as Isaacs (sister hostel) but would stay again

nice place, near to the center

• 16th Jan 2015

It was fantasctic. My friends and I really enjoyed our weekend at Jacobs and the staff was very gentle with us. 😀 We want to come back for another weekend at least.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Met some great people here, very central hostel and good facilities!

Better than most hotels I've ever been too!!!!

• 14th Jan 2015

Had a great time in this hostel, made new friends, staff were friendly, very clean so great value for money. Also right by the bus station/luas stop which comes in handy! Will definitely return next time I'm in Dublin!

• 13th Jan 2015

The staff are very welcoming and always serve me with a smile. Great facilities & affordable prices in close proximity to city center. Highly recommend to everyone.

• 12th Jan 2015

Wifi signal is only in the ground floor and the breakfast is very poor (toasts,butter and jam).

I had a good stay - loved the location - but there was a bit of an issue on return to the hostel late on Saturday night. Myself and my male friend, who had both earlier checked in and paid for the room, showed our key cards but the guy in reception said it wasn't enough to get back in and said we needed our receipts - noone had told us this before. He seemed to not believe my friend had checked in and was almost insinuating I had brought home a random guy, insulting. Apart from that - great.

• 10th Jan 2015

Many Thanks for your kind comments . We are so sorry that you had a problem on return to the Hostel - It should have been made clear about needing your ticket for access but it sounds like our staff could have handled this better . We do take security of our hose guests very seriously hence the need for checks

Great hostel, very clean comfortable. Breakfast was amazing. only improvement i would make is having wifi in the rooms rather than just the common room (made it seem antisocial in there, as everyone was on their phone or laptop).

• 9th Jan 2015

Many Thanks for your great comments .PS W-ifi is being introduced to all rooms this year!

Before my leaving, I had a question and sent e-mail to receptionist but they didn't even check my mail.. They didn't offer towel and hair dryer.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

So sorry we did not respond to mail - we hope you ad the correct one Reception@jacibsinn.com ?As it is checked regularly during the day . Towels and hairdryers will be provided on request

Asian male receptionist- very rude on two separate occasions (rest of staff lovely) Was told to cancel a booking and rebook in order to change amount of people - wasn't made aware of non-refundable deposit therefore lost £55 Cleaners woke us up on 2 separate occasions having very loud conversations in our room Shame because the rest of the facilities were brilliant but this spoilt it

Thanks for your Review - we will address this with the members of staff concerned It is disappointing that this has marred your enjoyment as our staff are usually so good .

The worst staff in Dublin hostels ever, the worst wi fi internet connection in Dublin ever. This hostel is good only for a shower and sleeping but it is not good if you need to browse in internet or if you need to prepare your meal. Wifi is only in the common area and it doesn't work. Staff is not polite and ready, since the manager, to solve problems about the services. Kitchen is not equiped for all the people who need and the stoves are too low for cooking respecting the schedule.

Wwe are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We normally get such great comments about the staff so we will have a look at what can be done to resolve this. The Wi-Fi is normally good in the common areas and we are introducing Wi-Fi in all rooms shortly.We are looking now at the equipment in kitchen to ensure we have adequate amounts for busy periods

Very good hostel, very close to the bus station and close to many facilities! The staff was friendly, and the rooms and bathrooms were clean. The atmosphere was amusing a bit like in a university campus, opportunity to meet lots of foreigners!

Pros: The hostel was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Great industrial kitchen. Breakfast included; simple but it does the job. Cons: No wifi in your room, which forces you to spend a fair amount of time in the common area. The common area is a bit shabby, which isn't a huge deal, but the staff plays super loud music all the time. That coupled with folks just naturally being loud/having fun makes it hard to find a little slice of peace with which to relax and do some emailing, etc.

• 6th Jan 2015

Thanks for your feedback . This year we are introducing Wifi throughout the Hostel and in the second common room on the 1st floor which is usually quieter in the evening if you need to study or email . We are also refurbishing the Common areas generally.

The Staff was amazing. So helpful and welcoming. :D

Great hostel in Dublin that is close to all of the sights. It is very easy to meet new people; especially through the free walking tour. A pub crawl is available every night and is definitely worth your money! The only negatives are the small number of outlets per room and the breakfast which only consists of bread and plain cereal.

Thanks for your great comments. Glad you enjoyed. Good News We are making some improvements in the Hostel this year to the Rooms and Breakfast so watch this space !

The cleanliness, the location and the room were fantastic. The breakfast is simple, but ok and the facilities were pretty good as well. I definitely would recommend the hostel for anyone looking for party or just looking for a place to take a rest at the night.

Many thanks!