Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin, Ireland

Good located hostel. Huge, so it lacks a bit of atmosphere, but the staff was great

The hostel staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. They provide you with a wealth of resources for your stay and will offer recommendation for everything! The facilities were quite nice as were the linens and comforter. I would definitely stay here again. The walk to south of the river was only around 10 minutes and there was a lovely shopping district near the hostel as well.

• 15th Nov 2014

I really enjoyed staying at the Jacobs Inn. It's in the City Center, but not in the very heart, so it isn't that noisy and busy. Actually, the Hostel Looks a bit like a Hotel: The rooms are not too small and each one has an own bathroom, whcih is a big plus. When we had some problems with our room mates, the staff gave us a new room without any questions. All in all a very good hostel. I've never been to a better one.

Hi I really enjoyed my stay in Jacobs the staff are so friendly and helpful, and I met some very nice people there can't fault it at all overall it was a brilliant week cheers

• 10th Nov 2014

Nice place, near everything in Dublin. Clean, safe, quiet. I would recommend it =)

Guests should be given dated Jacob's Inn wrist bands as security access, as the piece of paper and key card presentation at the door can easily be scammed and the slightly aggressive manner of the staff at 1am in the morning if you have lost or forgotten either piece of verification, whilst understandable, was over the top. Wrist bands are used extensively and are inexpensive and will help at the door.

• Scotland

Fantastic location and hostel. It was just what we needed for the weekend. The reception staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. The only thing that let it down was the state of the common room. It looked a bit grubby and unloved. The pool table had rips in it and made it hard to play on. When we visited the PlayStation was broken, so our kids were a little disappointed. It didn't spoil our stay though and we had a fantastic time.

• 7th Nov 2014

Rooms were very clean, nice big new bathroom. Beds were comfortable and blankets thick enough. We just struggled with the electricity because it was not working on the first day. The heater could not be switched off in the first night, second night was ok. Breakfast was really easy, maybe a variety of ham and cheese would be nice as well.

• 7th Nov 2014

The hostel is basic, the atmosphere is poor, the room had a bad smell and a dirty bathroom. kitchen is not 24h, staff are quite rude. In 3 days, I was asked for my payment receipt about 5 times, wich was quite inconvenient. For those who expect a little more than a bed and a hot shower, does not worth it.

• 5th Nov 2014

very nice free services like Tourist Tours etc.

• 4th Nov 2014

error in booking management system - i havent bed and my items were lost for some hours. if i havent a mobile with me - mayde i would have stay outside :/

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Greece

Great hostel, free walking tour was great and there are some good pubs in the area. We were right by the overground tram which was a little loud at night but overall a great clean hostel!

Close location to Busaras bus station and Conolloy train station. 24 hr secuirty is great. B'fast is included.\ NOTE no lockers in rooms.

There's no locker inside the room. Very well-located.

Small common room and even though it said it offered free wifi, it was only available in the common room and not at the rooms

The hostel was great I would definitely stay there again

• 31st Oct 2014

Busy hostel, lots going on with cafe areas and communal areas. Free breakfast apparently although didn't make use of this. Big on security- so much so that if you forget your pass you'll be fighting your way back into the hostel!

Thanks for your comments. I know we are very security conscious but Dublin is a big city and we need to make sure that nobody gets into the hostel unless they are booked in.

I think that 30€ per night for a four bedroom with essential stuff inside (1 towel each, no soap, sink and shower working with a push-button) is not a good value for money.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Sorry you didn't think we offer good value for money - really it depends on when you come and what room you stay in - 10 bed rooms are much cheaper as are 8 and 6 bed. However our prices are in line with other Dublin hostels.

The staff was awsome!!!

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Thanks so much.

Wifi was weak. We could not access internet anywhere but in the main reception. It also would not connect on occasion. The staff was friendly and its good value you for your money. They offer an awesome pub crawl that takes you to some great locations with a free shot at every location. They also offer a great free walking tour. Their coffee was not good. Overall a great experience.

• 30th Oct 2014

Thanks for your review - I will bring up your comment about the coffee at my next meeting and see how we can improve this!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7