Jacobs Inn Reviews

21 Talbot Place, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

I couldn't use the wifi but other than this everything was totally perfect!! Staff and atmosphere were just amazing, the venue itself too, very clean and modern! I will be back very soon!

• 11th Apr 2014

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Do come again and we will sort out the problem you had with the wifi

The rooms are big and clean and the staff are really nice!

the staffs are great!! and the atmosphere is a good. However, the facilities are a little bit poor, you have to tap the bottom all the time when taking the shower.

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking at ways of lengthening the shower button. Thanks for raising it with us.

Some of the staff were very nice and helpful. Unfortunately on our last night there (leaving at 4.15am for the airport) we had to deal with a particularly rude and unkind man at the reception (who would actually resort to insulting customers who would come in -admittedly- slightly inebriated but were not causing any trouble !). A shame !

It would be good to have wi-fi in the rooms.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Singapore

Thanks for your review. We don't have wifi in the rooms for a few reasons but mainly because we want our guests to talk to each other and make new friends. We are trying to promote social interaction face to face rather than online!!

• Good location, walking distance to the O2, Convention Center and O'Connell Street. • 25 minute walking distance from Heuston Station. • Good sized room. • Cleaning staff are slightly pushy. But, I would definitely stay here again.

• 31st Mar 2014

Rooms are to a really high standard! Bathrooms were new, clean and well laid out. Hostel is in an ideal city centre location, but not too close to the road. Staff were very friendly, lively and always happy to help. There were numerous school groups staying, which made breakfast busy but that has to be expected. Really enjoyed my stay and will be recommending it to others!!

• 30th Mar 2014

We love reviews like yours. Please come again.

It was my 2nd stay at Jacobs Inn and it was amazing again!!! It was so nice to be recognised by some members of the staff, although my last stay was 6,5 weeks ago and back then just for 4 nights! I didn't expect that and was very happy :)

Thanks so much for your great review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay - clearly you made an impression on the staff so they remembered you!

Clean, nothing especially good, nothing especially bad. A place to sleep and shower, not much more.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

High quality staff, comfortable (and clean) beds, excellent showers, breakfast. What more could you want?

Delighted your enjoyed your stay - do come again!

I thought it was tricky to find (it's down an alley across from the Busaras train stop) but it's a great location. Walking distance to good public transportation, and close to the Liffey/easy to get to places like Trinity and Grafton St. I was in a 10 bed all girls dorm, didn't have any problems with any of the girls, and surprisingly didn't even have to wait for the bathroom much. Staff is helpful, breakfast is basic, Internet is great, I felt safe traveling solo staying there.

• 26th Mar 2014

Thanks for posting your lovely review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Do come again.

Lovely hostel. Friendly staff. Kept very clean. Good location near main transport links and plenty of places to eat drink in the locality. Only room for improvement is that there was no locker facility in the room but there was a locker room with free use unless overnight.

• 20th Mar 2014

Thanks for your great review . We take your comments on board regarding lockers in the bedrooms. Feedback like this is very important to us.

Thank you for everything. I treveled alone and I felt really good. It was my second home for some days. It's a great place.

I spent a total of 3 nights at Jacobs Inn. It was a wonderful hostel to stay at, the staff were lovely when I had 20 questions and I met a whole heaps of really friendly and welcoming people! The hostel has wonderful cooking facilities, easy to save money on food instead of eating out every night, as well as substantial breakfast in the mornings! I would stay here again in a heartbeat, awesome value for money, very inciting reason to come back to Dublin!!

Thanks for your great review. Do come again.

It's located in just next bus station and close to city centre.

Great hostel, the bedrooms were really nice and clean, and also de ensuite bathroom. The comunal areas are also really big, wifi worked well on them but not inside rooms, they have a huge luggage room with lots of lockers and a really nice kicthen that guests can use for cooking. The breakfast is not very good with very limited choices, but apart from that nothing to complain off, definetely recomend it !

Thanks for your nice review. We are delighted you liked our hostel. The breakfast is just a free light breakfast we offer to our guests. If we offer more options we would have to charge more and we don't want to have to do that.

We booked a room for four people on March 14, 2014. But when we arrived, we were told that our room was not available and that we had cohabitions with others in two different rooms. This is simply outrageous. For the rest, this hostel is relatively clean. But it is pretty basic. The breakfast was not very good. It nevertheless remains fairly well placed in Dublin. It is located right next to the bus station and can do everything on foot.

• 14th Mar 2014

Please contact us directly regarding the issue of your booking on events@isaacs.ie as this is not a usual event and we would need to investigate as to what happened.

I was in Ireland for 3 weeks and this was absolutely the best hostel I stayed in. Everyone was friendly, fun, and helpful. Its also in an amazing location. Whenever I'm in Dublin this is where I'll stay.

• 14th Mar 2014

It was alright. The lobby would get extremely crowded during certain times of the day, making it impossible to get out or in of the hostel. The breakfast was pretty good. There was a definite lack of sockets in the rooms. Also, the wifi did not reach all of the rooms. And the elevator was broken. The free walking tour was good.

We had a really great time at the hostel. The staff was really nice and helpful.

• 13th Mar 2014

Brilliant . Come back soon !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7