Jacques Brel Youth Hostel

8.5
Fabulous 1952 Total Reviews

10th Feb 2017
6.6

First of all, this was an average hostel experience for me. The reason why I rated it lower than expected was due to checking in problems. I got there around 2:30 so I waited until 3 to go to my room and drop off my things like they said I could. Only after waiting that half an hour without the wifi working properly, they told me that I could only go inside the room at 5 PM, which was ridiculous. The gate in the entrance was also a bit annoying but good for security purposes.

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

I stayed in a 4-person female dorm, enjoyed the facilities. The free breakfast was nice (bread, all kinds of spreads, apples, oranges, cereal, yogurt, granola, juice, coffees). Whenever we wanted to shower, the front desk was closed so we ended up using a fitted sheet as a towel. There were 2 bathrooms in our room, one with just a toilet and the other with the sink and shower. Really stupidly set up but oh well. Location was nice, walking distance to everything (15-30 min) and close to metro.

• England, Male, 18-24
9th Feb 2017

4 person room was smaller than other places I've stayed, so was quieter and easier to sleep. Bathroom with shower attached to the room was very convenient. My biggest issue was the bed I chose didn't have an outlet anywhere near-- there seemed to be 3 outlets for 4 beds-- but that was just a minor issue. Pay attention when you choose your bed!

4th Feb 2017

Staff are helpful and kind. Not really close to the center but it's a acceptable distance. Breakfast is great and the hostel is clean and tidy. 4 ppl room with our own bathroom and personal locker just perfect.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

I was here just one night but I just loved the hostel. Great staff, nice location, breakfast included. The only thing to get better: shower could be hotter, and add another type of coffee, I didn't like the one provided by the machine.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
23rd Jan 2017
5.4

The free breakfast is probably the best offered by any hostel I have previously stayed at however this does not excuse rude, aggressive and intimidating staff. There are also no kitchen facilities to cook your own meals and the shower is set at a fixed temperature that is quite mild if not considered to be cold. I would recommend finding elsewhere to stay however bearable for 1 or 2 nights.

9th Jan 2017
8.0

My stay at Jacques Brel Youth Hostel was pleasant. For 22€ I get a comfortable bed, and all the facilities you can expect from a good hostel + great staff member! I just found annoying that showers have very low water pressure and that you cannot adjust the temperature. The good point is that you're just 3min walking from Botanique Metro/Tram station and 20min from Grand Place. To me this hostel has a very high potential but lake of atmosphere. Is bcauz I stayed in weekdays outside holiday time?

• Belgium, Female, 18-24
2nd Jan 2017
4.3

Not a central hostel however close to metro. You get a free breakfast which is not bad. There is no social in this hostel. The beds are not comfortable. The hostel has nice facilities which hardly anyone uses e.g. Games room. Staff could have given more info for my stay.

• paopizzirusso
  • Italy, Female, 25-30
28th Dec 2016

Amazing place, young and good atmosphere, very central, the staff are so nice. Good food for the breakfast, many options.

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
25th Dec 2016

They have the best included breakfast I've ever tried! The rooms are really big. There was no party during my stay but there is an amazing bar on the 1st floor. I absolutely recommend it!