Jacques Brel Youth Hostel

Fabulous 2007 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 41+
23rd May 2017
5.1

We stayed in a family room...the place was dark and depressing feeling, very dated. Probably it works well for youth, but given that it's not particularly cheap it felt like a fair bit of money for a small dorm room with minuscule bathroom and not so much as a bar of soap provided.

• Czech Republic, All Female Group, 18-24
28th Apr 2017

Hostel is ok. Great breakfast included in price.Good location,close to all tourist attraction.Staff is ok.We were supposed to get 6bed female dorm,but we got 2beds more.We asked but 6bed was already full,no compensation for us.Room was large,but 1bathroom for 8 girls is not enough.Luckily I found toilets in other part of hostel.Also 2nd night room got full.Dissapointing.No lockers in room or luggage room, available for 4€ in reception.Better bring yours.Not enough power sockets.

25th Apr 2017

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel. I hated the breakfast but that might be because I give importance to breakfast and the breakfast where I live is amazing. Most people liked the breakfast. The other downside was the location but that might also be because I prefer walking everywhere. Other than that everything was good.

• Indonesia, Male, 18-24
22nd Apr 2017
7.1

The room was nice and clean, but I found the pillow to be really really soft (not firm). The floor-shared toilet was small. Luckily though each room has its own shower. There was no lift access to my room; I had to haul my bag up and down the stairs. The free breakfast was OK. Nothing special but it was not bad. No 24 hrs reception, thus if you need anything late at night/early in the morning and the bar is closed, it's hard to find anyone.

18th Apr 2017

Very spacious with neat, clean rooms, and each room has a private bathroom that the occupants all share- which I prefer to the large communal bathroom for the whole floor! It's about a 15~ minute walk to the city center, and they offer a neat helpful walk. I would 100% recommend the walking tour, but keep in mind that although it says it's free the guides make their living off the tips so it would be good for you to give something (but it's totally worth it!).

15th Apr 2017

Cool atmosphere and really friendly staff. It also has a great breakfast that is included with the cost.

• India, Male, 18-24
15th Apr 2017
8.0

They told me my booking is cancelled which I made through Hostelworld so I needed to do fresh booking which costs me more money. The booking is showing active in hostelworld site but I am not sure who's fault this is. It's good that I got another room otherwise I was not having place to stay. I suppose hostelworld looks into this issue and take necessary action

13th Apr 2017

impressed with the cleanliness, room size was good, nice location, friendly staff, nice common areas, good atmosphere, fairly quiet also. would stay again.

13th Apr 2017
8.0

There was no soap in any of the bathrooms and the bathroom was in pretty bad shape, but the bed was ok comfy and the environment was ok. I was in a dorm and the common space was nice. Not the best location but close enough to main streets to get around. Definitely go on their walking tour though!!

12th Apr 2017
7.1

Staff was nice, but never very personal. It felt a little more hotelish due to the size I guess. Maybe it was just coincidence, but I felt there were quiet a few families as well as groups so it was conducive to meet new people as solo traveler. I was upgraded to a 2 person room which was nice, but I chose a 6 to be a more social. They place was very clean with en suite bath which is great. Breakfast is pretty basic but good. Overall positive experience, but would prob not stay again.