Jaeger Acton Hostel Reviews

50, Acton High street, Acton, London, England

Lighting in corridor on 2nd floor. Brighter bulb in the room

• 9th Feb 2016
  • Scotland

Freezing cold and the noise from the main road coming through the gaps in the window ment you was awake for 5 am every morning

• 31st Jan 2016

Excellent value for money, recomended

The carpets in the corridors and in our room seemed quite dirty and very worn-out. The windows and curtains looked quite dirty and unpleasant, too. But the shower room was nice and clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 26th Jan 2016
  • Estonia

Staff wasnt professional, quite rude. They charged me £5 extra for late check-in and told me it stated it ln the website. I checked the policy no late additional fee's was stated. Also couldnt sleep. Was intchy all around my body. Cover had dried blood on them. The place was disgusing. Didn't have breakfast. Wouldnt recommend.

• 19th Jan 2016

sorry sir, you paid £14 for that night. Any customers arriving after 10 pm.. Is a £5 fee. and is stated on the site. .Your total bill was £19. For a private room in London. still a good price, I would say ?? Your room was clean, and the sheets. We did see blood on the sheets when you left.. If you see blood stains in any hostel bed, you should always report it to management, instead of sleeping in the bed. Also, I did explain to you when you checked in.that continental breakfast is served in the morning between 8 am to 11 am. With no extra charge. .All the best. Hope to see you again. .

Really friendly staff. Good shower. Room was a tad cold at night. But all good!

Our stay was ok but we weren't able to stay our first night as we weren't able to get into the hostel so it would be great if you could let people know about how to get into the hostel after hours. Otherwise easy to get to and you get what you pay for all was good.

• 27th Dec 2015

sorry about that, we do ask people to contact us. If they think they are going to be late. So we can organise it. Please read our site, about late check-ins . next time we see you, we organise a free night for you. Thank you.

I liked the place, except for the dark stairs to go up to 2nd floor with luggage could be dangerous, however the staff was nice and helped me. The bathroom was cleaned and the room as well.

• 19th Dec 2015

thank you for your comment, we have added more lights in the hallway. See you again. .

Room was small and shabby. Employees don't care about any concerns. Wifi is only Working in the Lobby.Location is not convienient although it is in London. You have to change several times to get to the center. But what made me really angry was that we were forced to Check out earlier than we have to!!someone knocked at our door and told us that they need the bedlinen now!i Never had this experience before in another hostel!i am truly disappointed that even the Hotel Manager Won't Care...

• 12th Dec 2015

Sorry about that, we were away that time myself. Can't do a refund, but will do you a free night, next time you are in town.. My cleaning lady shouldn't have bother you till at least 12 noon. Problem has been fixed now. With the Wi fi. All working now. . Thanking you, hope to see you again. .Jo

Amazing value for the money! It would have been nice to have mugs in the room since we had a kettle. The rooms were a bit cold during night, but nothing too bad.

Hi there, I thought the hostle was very good value for money and you would be hard pushed to find any thing better for the price. The Ist night I stop in room one that was nice it was warm and had a tv. The 2nd night they moved me to room 7 that was at the very top of the building the room was freezing cold felt damp and a bit damp. The next day I asked for a heater as there was no way I would stop another night. They provided one for the next evening and that made all the difference.BETTER

• 27th Nov 2015

When I booked this hostel, I was just hoping to get a nice place to spend the nights we were there. As the whole trip was a birthday gift to my boyfriend I was really nervous. But I was very pleasantly surprised as this facility fully met my expectations. When I book hostels cleanliness is the most important aspect and I must say even though it was an older building the bathrooms and showers as well as the rooms were very clean and obviously cleaned daily. I would totally book it again.

The landing and hallway need some work especially the carpets which are very old but inside the room is OK. I don't know what happens in winter as there are no signs of heating facilities in the room. The bathroom and toilet were clean. But the money I paid, I can't complain too much. I really enjoyed the bar and the food downstairs.

• 9th Nov 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Good to see you enjoyed your stay.

Only thing I'd like would be a security light that works over the door to the hostel it wasn't working on my visit

• 3rd Oct 2015

Thank you for comment, hope to see you again. .

very welcoming and helpful great food., accommodation fantastic value for money . we wouldn't hesitate to return.

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for comment, hope to see you again. .

It was perfect, the staff was very nice and the place was really cool.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Spain

we did need to go for more a cheap place to stay rather than luxury. The room was very large which was nice but very cold so I would imagine in winter it would be freezing and not very comfortable. The tv wouldn't work unfortunately but we we're only needing a place to sleep really. One positive... Best bed ever!! No toilet roll on arrival in bathroom and shower temp was hard to get right. Breakfast was slightly poor, even though only continental there was no cereal left so had to do with toast.

• 1st Oct 2015

THANKS YOU FOR YOUR REPLY

Very basic room but that's all you really need for one night. Bed was clean and comfy. Lee brought out evening meal in the adjoining bar which was reasonably priced and very tasty. Breakfast was just one type of cereal and some toast which took absolutely ages to toast and jam. Marmalade would have been another good option so would have a fry up but no worries. There must have. an incident between a girl and a customer causing an all night argument, shouting and banging and foul language.

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for comment, hope to see you again. .

Very nice and clean room. Very minimal breakfast. People working there seemed to not really care that we were there, but where helpfull in the end. Wifi was unreliable. Own Tv with build-in DVD player was defs a plus. Lots of shops nearby, busses too, so great location. Bed was good too.

• 25th Sep 2015

Thank you for comment, hope to see you again. .

Staff friendly, room very basic but clean and tidy. Hallways long overdue decorating but for £30 a night, it's was fine Thanks

• 10th Sep 2015

Thank you for your reply, hope to see you again. . .

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7