Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

Staff was amazing, good hostel and very fair price, across from the central train station not even 5 min walk

Disgusting. Smells like the alley behind a sewage tank. The single rooms might be ok, but the hostel part (40-bed dorm) is in the basement. SUPER sketchy, only a few outlets in middle of room, only 4 lights in entire dorm, NO WIFI. I could not bring myself to shower or even use the restroom down there b/c it was like a horror movie. I only used the toilet in the lobby. I stayed in another hostel in Munich called The Tent and it was LITERALLY A TENT and it was much better than this.

No luggage room and bad security but nice staff, bar and people around!

I stayed in 40 beds dormitory. It was a huge dorm but with partitions for about 10 persons. It was okay but need to improve cleanliness especially shower and toilet.

Terrible, very dirty and noisy

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Romania

I really liked staying at Jaeger's! I even booked extra nights and there were no problems booking the day before. It's a great party, or a chill hang in your room or a night out in Marienplatz. Anything you want!!

I have passed 2 nights at Jaeger's. Everything was really fine, the location is next to the Munich Main Train station and this is very convenient. There are hostels along the street so it was not that dangerous at night. Most important thing for travelers with big luggage like me, they have an elevator. Female dorm is perfect with private bathroom inside. I enjoyed my time with other stayers at the bar on ground floor. I had a really great time here!

i guess if you are some typical frat guy then this is your safe haven. smells awful. hot when windows were closed, loud when they're open bc of the music blasting from the hostel bar until 2. didn't sleep. one of our worst experiences and just god the smell I have to mention twice. showers and bathrooms horrifying. otherwise staff is solid. walking distance

I stayed in the 40 bed dorm on the first night - big mistake, there is no way you'll get a decent night's sleep in here as the bar is open until 4am and you can hear it from the 40 bed dorm. Also the showers were disgusting and the dryer did not dry clothes properly (I had to use another dryer in the end). The second day I asked to either be refunded my money or be moved to a better room, and was luckily able to pay €10 to upgrade to a 4 bed dorm on the fourth floor. This room was decent.

Definitely don't go for the 10 bed or God forbid the 40 bedroom. Is an expensive place and not that good to be honest. I chose it cause it was the only one available at the time.

Good hostel in a great location. Room was clean and a decent size though plug sockets were not in good positions for every bed. Atmosphere was ok though not the best we have had. The bar was cheap but a bigger selection to include cider etc would be good. Although a clean hostel the shared public toilet was disgusting on sunday morning.

I love the people who were staying with us, me and my friend met lots of new friends. However, the wifi doesn't work in the dorms and the toilets are little bit messy, 40 people in the same room is a bit noisy. I can hear people scream outside my room.

Ok for a bed for a night or two, if you stay in a 40 bed dorm, expect a very average sleep. People are not respectful and very loud. Cheap drinks at the bar and great staff!

Great staff. Rooms not very clean but expected as much with the cost. Same goes for uncomfortable bed. I was pretty much in Munich to get drunk so It didn't really bother me

• 10th Jun 2015

Pretty typical hostel except that the dormitory bathrooms were very poor (can't speak to the bathrooms for the private rooms). Apart from being dank and mildewing (which is I guess understandable but gross), half the sinks didn't work and it was obvious no staff members were checking or cleaning because the soap and toilet paper had run out and over three days no one replaced them.

It is really good place and very helpful stuff. I recommend it.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Russia

I chose a 4 br dorm, not the massive room. It was very clean and comfortable. I loved the bar area. I had met a few cool people while there, as I was traveling alone. you get a free shot for staying with them, which was nice too.

It was unclean, every thing was dirty, the rooms, the toilets and the bar. There was only one set of toilets for a 40bed dorm and it wasn't even in the room. There weren't enough lockers for every bed. There was only one set of power plugs for about 10beds. So gross. Would never stay again. Would not recommend.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

If you are looking for a party place with young people this is a good place, but I was not, I just want to have a good night of sleep and didn't happen in the big dormitory. The bathroom in the big dormitory was disgusting, just after I checked in, so not sure if is cleaned everyday. But very close to train station.

Avoid staying here if you can. 40 person dorm is pretty miserable. People staying there aren't friendly. Staff are extremely rude and unhelpful. Very dirty facilities. This is the first bad review I have written about a hostel after staying in 10. Worst by far.