Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

Well ubicated

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Colombia

There was this one guy in our 10-person dorm who was snoring loud. I swear to god no one else was sleeping besides him!!!! The breakfast was pretty bad but the egg-bacon scramble was divine. Keep that work up yo.

Stayed In the 40 person dorm which was too big for me. Nice hostel though with a party vibe. Had poker tables in the back. Would recommend.

Lift's were being used by the cleaners when I got there, the really nice English guy at reception (who sounds like he has an Australian accent) carried my bag up 4 flights of stairs. He is awesome😊

• 9th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

It was terribly noisy! The floor seems not in a good condition so any footsteps wil be echoed. Also, I was with a big gang of teenagers who have no respect for silence! No locker keys provided unless you rent. And the shower was not at all convenient! Not gonna stay there again.

• 9th Sep 2015

40 bed dorm was great value for money. Great location. Didn't think much of Munich though

The hostel has a very strategic location, less than 5 minutes walk to the Munich main train station and about 15 minutes walk to Marienplatz. Stayed in 6 beds female room, the room and the toilet are clean.

The 40 people dorm was surprisingly good, felt more like a 10 people dorm. Good price for being Munich. Very, very close to the central station.

Great location as just around the corner from the train station and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The security is fine if you bring a big enough padlock otherwise you have to rent one. The 40 bed was ok but not amazing, however it was the best I could expect from a 40 bed dorm. The rest of the hostel was very good and would stay here again just in a private room!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. It's cheap and the bar is well priced, with amazing bar tenders. The only bad thing I could say is the rooms could be be cleaned nicer but that's all.

Staff was very helpful and kind, food was great, everything was clean and located at a great place in Munich. Whenever I had any questions, they were always friendly and if they didn't know, they'd look up an answer. I was very impressed with the service.

• 30th Aug 2015

Staying at Jaegers was good. But then i was just surprised that there was an age limit for the women who choose to stay in all female , i guess there should be consideration eventhough women who were above 35 and choose to stay in all womens room should also be considered because staying in mixed dorm was a bit scary especially if you are not use to be with other people although they have given me an option to stay in single room but i need to pay more and everyday the charges were increased.

The dormitory is underground and RIDICULOUSLY hot! I lost weight here just through sweating I swear to god! Half the toilets were broken and the showers stunk, it was disgusting! The staff were alright, fairly blunt and not unhelpful but not helpful either. I'd say lazy. Location was great though and for the money it's worth I'd say two nights max!

The staff were amazing here!! Spoke many languages. The atmosphere was great and met some Canadians!! The only complaint is that the wifi was very very slow then you had to pay to use the Internet computers

The only good thing about this hostel is the staff they are really nice and a good laugh however the 40 bed dorms are disgusting the beds sunk as if a whale had slept on them, people were loud all night and all morning, the place is dirty half the lockers are broken, the communal shower with no doors is very uncomfortable unless you enjoy people being able to see you completely naked, the toilets are gross the hostel bar is boiling I was so close to finding somewhere else

The hostel toilets are really dirty. The room is not really comfy. 40-bed dorm is really poor, as well as 10-bed dorm. The 40-bed dorm is at the basement and it is insane. The hostel is just for money but not for the comfort of customers.

The location of the hostel is 15 mins walk from the centre where the glockenspiel etc is. The actual physical location of the hostel despite being 2 mins away from central station is horrendous I felt so scared walking around and would never step out the door on my own being a female. Stayed in the 40 bed dorm which was absolutely fine surprisingly, facilities were adequately clean and the front desk staff were pleasant. Jager hostel doesn't serve jaeger despite having bottles of it, cheap equiv

It's basically what you'd expect for a 40 bed dorm. Expect people to be coming in late and leaving early (especially with the 9am check out). Most of he men's washroom was broken as well when I was there. Otherwise, clean hostel with a fun atmosphere and friendly staff.

The worst hostel I have ever been. I have no problem with being with 40 persons in one big room, it is mentioned in the details of the hostel. The problems are the poor sanitary of the hostel. The showers are stinky, and I am skeptic if someone cleaned them during my three nights staying. About the toilets-it would be better if I say nothing. I am sure that there are much better hostels in munich. The low price of jaeger hostel doesn't worth the terrible conditions, and also the location. DON'T!

By far the biggest complaint is that the hostel was a million degrees. You couldn't do anything with out sweating like crazy. The bunks are very close to other bunks. You're practically sleeping with someone. Toilets and showers were so gross I didn't even use them. Luckily I was only there for 1 night.