Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

Good location, breakfast was okay but could be cheaper! I stayed in the 40bed dorm and it wasn't too busy so that was good (I stayed in dorm B, dorm A looked really messy though). Only thing is you have to go into A's dorm to get to the showers and there's no kitchen!!

Great location and helpful staff, but that's all that was good. Stayed in the 40 bed mixed dorm. Obviously I didn't have high expectations of luxury, but was very disappointed with the place. The dorm was downstairs in a semi basement and was always hot. The beds were old and uncomfortable, floorboards very noisy as people walked on them, and a lack of power points in the dorm. The showers offered almost no privacy. Also the Wi-Fi broke and was not repaired for the last 24 hours of my stay.

Great location!

Do not stay here during octoberfest..!!! Items stated on the website like a free drink, good wifi..etc are Non-Existent ....and the only excuse the staff will come up with is that it is Octoberfest.......Give it a Miss..!!!!.....seriously..

The staff was not receptive at all, i arrived and they did not greet me, they barely made eye contact with me and when asking questions they just answered my questions with the least information as possible. The bathroom was extremly dirty, there was a puddle of water and you could barely use it, as there was water eveywhere and it was dirty water. The price of what i paid was NOT worth at all. Would never stay here again.

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Honduras

Yo get what you pay for here. The beds are pretty crappy and the comforter is an itchy wool. It's communal bathrooms for showering and you have to walk through the lobby to get to them. The complimentary breakfast is pretty bland. But the location is beautiful and the staff is pretty friendly.

• 4th Oct 2015

Awesome dorms and great staff that was well organized and extremely helpful.

It was pricy, 80 dollars a night, but it was during Oktoberfest. Otherwise It was Pretty good.

Very dirty and very expensive. The staff are nice and helpful. The place is disgusting and there isn't really a lounge. You bed also doesn't have personal chargers. I wouldn't return to this hostel

Stayed for one night during Oktoberfest. The hostel had everything we needed and was super close to the festival. Nice and helpful staff. Pretty good breakfast for a couple euro. Wouldn't want to stay for long period of time, but great for what we were there for

Bar was very average. staff were average. rooms were average. best thing about it was the people staying there

We had a ton of fun at Jaegers: fun crowd, bar, in town, only a short walk away from Oktoberfest, awesome! However, the cleanliness and feel of the bathrooms was awful: they weren't ventilated so when you walk in you get a strong smell of mold and mildew and you can see the black mold growing along the walls, creases, ceiling, etc. Overall, good for a short and cheap stay.

I got there at 2:15 and the staff wouldn't let me check in, made me sit there for 45 minutes even though my bed was ready.. Cleaning staff wasn't even on the floor when I went up. Our shower was broken and it flooded our room so I couldn't take a shower before leaving. It was a complete nightmare checking out... Great location though. So expensive, and insane with Oktoberfest. Maybe other times of the year it's better.

Came in Oktoberfest so prices were heavily inflated, and as such value was alright for the money but nothing special. There were lockers (bring your own lock) and showers which were all fine and present, but in a 40 bed dorm there may have been some security issues which I luckily avoided. The location is fantastic and Oktoberfest was incredible, the hostel was basic but all we needed.

Because of oktoberfest, the price was quite expensive, but I don't complain this because everywhere in the city is like that:) But one thing which can be troublesome was the reception was crazily crowded with people going to check-in/out.

Amazing staff and location! The hostel was better than expected! Environment is also thriving. Only downfall was the shower didnt drain so had showers in ankle deep and the rubber between the shower and the floor was completely missing so all the water leaked to the dorm room.

Beds were so uncomfortable and the pillow was the flattest and worst pillow I've slept on. Our shower leaked so the entire floor flooded. I'm sure it would be a better hostel not during Oktoberfest.

We booked a cheap hostel during Octoberfest, so we were expecting below average service/ accommodations. We were in a 40 person dorm, which had lockers for everyone and the sheets were clean. The bathrooms, 2/4 showers worked ( females) and 1/4 (males), when we told the staff they just shrugged. My wallet was stollen ( my stupidity, not theirs) but when asking the staff for help to use a phone we got none ( told to go to the train station across the street). Overall needs a big reno.

The large 40 person room was disgusting. We were there a total of 2 nights, each night someone vomited in the hostel. People were partying in the rooms until late in the morning hours. The beds were terribly uncomfortable. The bathrooms were gross, the showers were not private at all.

Enjoyed my stay here, bar downstairs was good. Would recommend it