Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

Although this hostel had a great location, close to the main train station and downtown, I had a few issues staying there. The beds were very uncomfortable, and the bathrooms were not cleaned regularly. The breakfast for 5 euros was very disappointing and found it easier to go to the grocery store a few blocks away.

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. Our housekeeping is in the hostel around the clock, so feel free to report if something is dirty and we will take carre immediately. We are actually very proud about our wholesome all you can eat breakfast bufett: coffee, tea, orange juice, scrambled eggs with or without bacon, cerials, müsli, saussage, cheese, bread rolls and different kind of bread, different kinds of jam, butter... :-) We wish you happy travels and all the best!

The toilet had an overflow. In a 6 bed room has a single bathroom. Six people getting up at the same time ⇒ two hours waiting. Bathroom can only be used by one person at a time. Someone showering ⇒ nobody can use the sink. The beds have under the sheet plastic. Behind the radiator was mold. In the bathroom of the dormitory was a lot of mold.

• 20th Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. Actually it is quite a good hostel standard to have one bathroom in 6- bed dorm. Of course in such a big hostel as ours it does happen that something is broken. We have janitor in the hause the whole time, only thing you need to do is report it to the reception. and don't forget: plastic is for your safety :-)

I stayed in the 40-Bed bunk which helps with the saying of you pay for what you get. The place is really crowded with people during the weekend and if you want to rest early you can't because people will interrupt your sleep in 2 in the morning or even 4 in the morning. I recommend this for people who would want to stay out late and don't mind noise from people coming back. To me this is for backpackers who wants a night in a city and move on. The place have two side A and B do take note of it.

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. Fair enough - our 40 bed dorm is made for backpackers like you :-) Happy travels!

Staff not very welcoming for earlier checking-in. We had big luggages that couldn't fit the normal lockers and it was quite a struggle to get the access to share the big lockers. Good value for the breakfast.

Hi there - thanks a lot for your Feedback! We hope you can understand that we need to clean up to 300 beds each day which can take a bit of time ;) This is why check in will not be possible before 3pm - sorry! We have free luggage storage for big suitacases as well - just ask at reception, there won't be any problem about it! Enjoy the sun!

The bathroom smelled bad.

Generally our bathrooms smell good of course - maybe somebody has had a big business there before you entered? ;)

I loved this hostel but a public water tank would be really nice. I felt bad having to ask the staff to keep refilling my water bottle all the time.

Hi there, Munich has excellent drinking water quality becaue of the big mountains and the small rivers with the little flowers :) But you still have a great idea here - I'll talk to my Boss about it - thanks!

Amazingly good value for the location. Good atmosphere, large dorm got very warm at night though.

Hey there, thanks a lot for your review - it makes us happy to make you happy. Cheers and hopefully see you soon!

Should have a kitchen and the lockers were loudly

Dear guest! Unfortunately, we are not allowed to have a kitchen due to some strange fire regulations - so sorry! If you feel that something should get fixed, please let our receptionists know - we have a janitor here all day. Happy travels!

Im really not a neat freak but this hostel was just terrible, I have never seen such a dirty backpackers. It didnt look like it does on the pictures at all

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Dear guest, thank youf your feedback. we are very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. But, if something is dirty just Report it to the reception and our housekeeping will take care of ir - they are in the hostel around the clock! Have a great day!

I heard the sound of rat in the shower room TT

Hey there, Sorry, but non of us has ever seen or heard a rat in the millions of years that we've been working here!

The washrooms were very dirty when we were there and when asked to be cleaned didn't happen.

Dear guest, Thank you for your honest Review - we are so sorry about the inconvenience you had! We will have a word or two with our housekeeping staff, things like that should never happen. We hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday!

This hostel was like staying in a bunker. The beds are fine, although crammed together with 39 others in a crowded and hot basement you're not likely to get much sleep. Most of the lockers were broken. But the most horrific part was the bathrooms, they were unlike any others I've ever seen in a hostel. Un cleaned, smelly, musty, and the showers were not private. Theres a reason this is one of the cheapest hostels in the area, you get what you pay for.

• 30th Jan 2015

Good times, locker in the room didn't work though.

Thank you for your review! If the locker is broken, just report it to the reception and our janitor will fix it up! :-) Happy travels!

Mostly nice even not really perfect.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for your feedback - we always try to do our best! :-)

I had a fantastic time at Jaeger's. The location is great, right next to the central train station. Most importantly, this is the kind of place I think of when I think of hostel travelling. Sure, the beds aren't comfortable, and it doesn't feel like a hotel as some hostels do, but I was able to meet tons of international travelers in only three nights. Special shout out to Emma at the bar and Matt at late night reception, they made my stay amazing!

I was expecting more of the hostel. The bathroom inside the room was not very clean. The internet is good and the location is great. I missed more interaction between the staff and the guests and events to improve the atmosphere.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

just about the cleanliness, the bedroom was good, but the toilet wasn't. it smels a little bit bizarre.

one of the worst places I've ever been! This was two sleepness nights. Got a 10 bed-room, ensuite, and the room had a terrible smell coming from the bathroom. I doubt if it has ever been cleaned. The worst part was to have water until thr middle of the room because the drain was clogged in the shower. My bag and its contents got wet because of this "lovely" bonus of having a pool inside the room. Avoid at all cost if you can.

Bathrooms are quite dirty. Benches for clothes are sparkled with pubic hair, soap was not available all the time at the sink. In the basement's 40 Person dorm the floor was not cleaned in 3 days. You cannot sleep either because of the noise, low quality beds or the hot air of the heaters on upper level beds. Arriving only from 15:00, which is kind of complicated if you arrive in the morning. WiFi was really bad. Food was okay and staff was nice.

Few minutes walk from the Central Station. Good atmosphere, suitable for young people travel alone who wants to make friends and take part in walking tour in city center