Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

We stayed in the huge 42 bed dorm and it was perfect for us who enjoy going out and making noise. However if you are looking for a quite comfort stop this isn't the place for you .

• 4th Aug 2015

Overall pleased with the stay. Good job guys.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Staff were a little rude, but otherwise a good hostel.

Disappointed with the lack of bathroom cleaning. Wet, smelly and unclean. Simple kitchen would be a bgi help in expensive city.

Great location and nice bar. Average hostel in terms of facilities, but a really great atmosphere in the bar. Would be amazing if they had a kitchen!

Unfortunately, Munich has very strict rules concerning fires and other accidents. This hostel had no fridge because it was not allowed, a super expensive breakfast and, what's more, lacked a microwave, thus hindering us of cooking anything. The location is fine (1 minute walk from a LIDL). The worst part was the luggage room - there isn't one. They can RENT you lockers, but you don't have any room or facility where you can leave your bags. Disgusting way of making money. Near trains, must say.

I was in a 10 bed dorm. It was very clean, as was the bathroom, which was conveniently in the room. The staff was incredibly friendly and made the stay very pleasant. The location right by the Hauptbahnhof is unbeatable. If I'm in Munich again, I'll be back.

• 29th Jul 2015

Awful experience, even at this price. Not safe at all. There is no independent electricity plug for each bed, so you will need to charge your phone and camera on the electricity plugs along the corridor or at the lobby, where everyone can get yours. Unfortunately, my charger was stolen by someone! The bathroom is awful, no privacy, dirty and stinky. Even though the price of this hostel is very low, don't try it unless you have no other choice.You won't feel contented even at this price.

Overall, my stay was pretty good in Jaeger's. I was sleeping in a female 6 bed dorm which was fine. Breakfast was good. The only thing I noticed was the toilet downstairs which was disgusting. They didn't clean it in the morning so I had to go upstairs to the toilet in my room. My only advice is, clean the toilets more often (maybe also in the rooms) and our stay will be even better. The staff was nice though and always wanted to help!

• 27th Jul 2015

I stayed in one of the 40 room dorms. The bathrooms--sinks, showers, and toilets, served both 40 room dorms. The bathrooooms were disgusting. I asked them if they cleaned the bathrooms, they said they did so every day. After the bathroom was cleaned, the only difference were that the counters were wiped down and there was soap in the dispenser--the floor, and particularly the showers were no different. The linens themselves seemed clean; the staff were helpful sometimes.

Staff and location are good. -Cleanliness is the problem: toilets are very dirty, and there is no window. Smells like s**t all the time.. The wifi connection is very bad in rooms and it doesn't get better anywhere else. -The mixed room of 40 beds is completely unsafe. We lost our bag, stolen from somebody in the same hostel during the night. The bag was on my bed... Horrible. Most of the lockers are damaged. Not recommended.

I stayed in the 40 person dorm. It smelled awful, showering was definitely an experience I never want to experience again, and the people did not like to interact at all. Everyone kept to themselves and was super disrespectful of other people's space and belongings.

The staff are very nice and helpful!

Location really could not be any better for me! Staff were great and atmosphere was nice. Wifi did not reach most of the 40 bed dorm though... Beyond that I was pretty happy!

Good location, atmosphere was fun and friendly, the staff were really really friendly and helpful.

Average to poor

• 21st Jul 2015

The atmosphere starts off great, but you move further into it everything is disgusting. The smell is almost unbearable in the 40 bed rooms. And the bathrooms are even worse. Pay more to go somewhere else.

The only advanrage of this place is to be located next to the train station, so the staff (arrogant, insolent, and rude) knows that, and treat you as they want.There's a clear discrimination due to nationality of non-German speaking guests. This is NOT A HOSTEL but a club of friends pretending to be younger than guests. Age-restriction? Most of reviewers here are under 30 y/o coinciding in the same though: "stay somewhere else instead of in this messy junk". Don't ruin your visit to Munich.

Sheets were dirty and door didn't lock and wasn't informed of this on check in. For €82 a night, that is pretty awful. I will be leaving a very honest review on Trip advisor!

It said there was air con in all rooms, yet it was unbearably hot. It said there was wifi in all rooms, the wifi hardly worked in the lobby and didn't reach the rooms. Showers and toilets stank like for the whole 3 day stay. I felt more unclean after a shower with the condition they were in. Would not recommend staying, pay a little extra for a nicer place that won't ruin your Munich experience.

• 20th Jul 2015