Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

No dryer in room..

I'm sure value for money would be better if you weren't staying in the 40 bed dorm. Showers were awful as anyone could see you. The shower door didn't cover the whole shower which is really odd. I've never seen that before. The dorm was too hot because the hot water pipes went through it and there was no ventilation or air con. Can't say I would stay here again.

The dorms were overcrowded and there was not enough facilities to cope with the number of people. Was a very uncomfortable stay.

Staff where friendly. But no kitchen in a hostel defeates the idea of staying in a hostel.

Overall it was good. However when we arrived there was a mix up with out booking, it was quickly rectified. Also I believe I got bedbug from the hostel, otherwise it was clean.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Our bathroom smelt like a sewer. Every time you entired the room you felt like vomiting.

• 18th Sep 2014

It's like showering in prison - no doors

• 18th Sep 2014

40 bed dorm worked out ok! Communal showers were dirty and mouldy though...

I stayed in 40-bed dorm. What was really BAD - extremely thin mattresses and blankets - it was so COLD that I had to sleep in jeans and sweater, when it was about 15 degrees Celsius outside. Other things were nice - bar, lockers, even shower which everyone blames. However, because of COLDNESS i would never stay again, at least in 40 bed dorm.

The beds are horrible. The mattresses are very thin and the bed bunk frames are loud and squeaky, even if you are just rolling over in your sleep everyone in the room will hear you.

We were only there for a night, did some washing, went across the road to the pizza pkace for the best mixed grill IN THE WORLD! Lol Great hostel

Good location, terrible wifi, lockers didn't lock (even with our own padlock), old, metal, squeaky beds that woke everyone up whenever someone moved, 3 power points between 10 people. Upon arrival on a Thursday, there was fruit, old tissues and used make up wipes on the communal table in our 10 person dorm that remained there until we left on a Monday - pretty disgusting if you ask me. Pretty expensive bar considering a lot of budget backpackers stay there. Very average hostel.

I liked my stay there. Breakfast (€5) is very good. I stayed in the 8 bed dorm. I would stay there again.

5 minutes from the main train station basically just oppersite, plenty of restaurants close by wifi only worked in the lobbie, not many plugsockers in the 40 bed dorm can be cramped at times with not much room, but the hostel was cheap so i expect that, smelly bathrooms constantly there was no windows for fresh air to enter small beds but i found them comfortable lockers in the dorm, tours available at resception also a tourist information centre 5 minutes away that had plenty of tours daily.

Bathrooms were not clean - especially when checking out early because of the night before. The air in the 40-bed dorm is quite stale. Internet was poor and there were almost no power points in my 40-bed dorm and you had to go to the common area to use one. One staff member I spoke to seemed happy to be there but otherwise most were unenthusiastic and not very approachable. Location close to the central train station is good. I enjoyed my stay at Wombats Hostel next door much more though.

Bad - not enough power points in 40 bed dorm to charge anyone's phones etc - beds were the most uncomfortable - floors creeked SO LOUDLY! -stunk of mouldy mildew -shared bathrooms were mouldy, no privacy. Literally sharing 4 showers, naked in front of them (might not be a bad thing ;) ) -laundry facilities wasn't working at the time -felt itchy after lying on the bed for an hour.... -wifi in the room was horrible, only worked near the door -no bed lights Good - location

• 5th Sep 2014

It's a hostel with 40 beds, it's expected to be crowded. The bathrooms are scary, there's no privacy. If you are capable of sleeping with 40 uknown people and sharing the bathrooms, it's the cheapest you can find in Munich central :)

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Macedonia

We only can say good things!! We are a group of 6 pleople and we had a room for ourselves. It was really clean and they cleaned our room every day. Staff were really friendly and helped us with some information about the city. We could have our own dinner while we were having some drinks there. The location couldn't be better; only 3 minutes from the train station.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Spain

I had the single private which was excellent and very comfortable. The bar is nice and staff is helpful. The 10am checkout time does suck, no option for late checkout.

The hostel is right next to the trainstation and 15 minutes walk from mirianplats so perfect location. The rooms are clean and have lockers but the only downside is the lockers only take a certain size padlock so you have to pay to use theirs. The staff were really friendly and helpful and there is a good bar downstairs.