Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

I stayed in a total of 2 different rooms for my stay. 6 bed all girls: it was fantastic! Lovely private shower that was clean and updated, although they should look into the leakage of the showers.... 40 bed mixed dorm: EAR PLUGS ARE COMPULSORY. Even for someone like me who likes to tough things through, I would have spent the extra €1,50 or whatever at the reception and bought myself some plugs. It's a 40 bed .... People will wake you up throughout the night guaranteed

Lovely place to stay over night and a helpful friendly staff! Thanks guys!!!

Nice place. Very close to the train station (big plus). Great happy hour prices (5eu for a liter of beer). Rooms each have their own bathroom/shower, lockers, and plenty of outlets. The breakfast buffet is the best I have had yet (and for only 5eu you can't beat it). Staff was helpful and I had zero problems during my stay. Would definitely stay here again.

I didn't like this hostel the staffs it was friendly but the hostel it was not so good. No system of air exchange, dirty, the floor make so many sounds, some toilets and wash machine doesn't work. I paid so much for nothing.

Hostel is at an excellent location and atmosphere is good. However, 40 people in one room is too much! There is only one door and if you sleep close to it, forget about any of the planned "sleeping". In addition, the restrooms are in another 40 bed room, so if you are happy enough, you will have 80 people going in and out of your room......

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

For a European hostel this has to be one of the worst I have stayed in. Booked a 40 bed dorm of which there are two at this hostel. No shower in our dorm & instead had to share a very small number of showers & toilets between 80'people. The beds were uncomfortable and it was cold as the 40 bed dorms are in the basement. There is also no wifi in the dungeon basement therefore everyone is in the main area using wifi - Killing any chance of a good vibe. Spend the money and go next door to wombats

• 26th Dec 2015

Never expect that this hostel don't have kitchen, even a simple one. That's not convenient for me.

Good fun place with an in house bar that makes it easy to make friends. Close to the station if you're travelling by train. Definitely recommend!

• 21st Dec 2015

I knew that the 40 beds room wasn't going to be fancy.. But.. The beds are really bad. My pillow was like i didn't have one. The floor and the lockers in the room, when people leave in the morning, are so noisy that you cant sleep. No WiFi in the room. No power socket next to your bed. Toilets with no toilet paper for a whole day, the shower are bad and not too much privacy. And no kitchen (but if they had, would be a mess i guess). You need to pay for everything extra, even print something.

My dorm is a 40 bed dorm which is fine, you got enough space. But it's located in the basement and there's no wifi reception at all, and the floor is just so noisy, also noises coming from the bar above won't stop until 1 am.

I absolutely loved Jaegers. I arrived in Munich and it was literally a street opposite the main train station. The area wasn't that nice, especially for a solo female first time traveller but you get used to it and build confidence. That was my only fault - nothing at fault to the hostel. The hostel was secure, clean and front desk were very helpful on tours and cheap food in the area I'd go there again

Was nice stay

We had a problem with the bed numbers when we arrived, because they assigned beds to us at the front desk, and when we got to the bedroom they there already used. And we wanted to use one of the many beds available but the man in charge insisted in that he had to assign us a bed. Maybe it would be better if we could just choose the bed we want, and mark it with a sticker or card, as done in other hostels.

The 6-female dom is clean and nice. Staffs are friendly. Not enough space in bar and staff in bar is not that polite (maybe they are busy)

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great little hostel and very good value for money. There sre lockers everywhere. Stayed in a 40 bed room and felt very safe. Staff is super friendly and always ready ready help with a smile.

• 6th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

Very average hostel for the price. Really did not feel comfortable showering as the facilities were really lacking. Some small improvements to the cleanliness and privacy of showers would go a long way.

I stayed at this hostel only because I needed a place to sleep (briefly) between my work xmas party and the first train home to Nürnberg. I got there at 2am and left at 6am. The hostel was the perfect place to sleep a little bit. I especially liked that the beds were already made so when I got there, I just laid down and passed out. I can't rate the showers because all I did was brush my teeth and got out of town. The hostel was perfect for that. €15 for 4 hours is a good deal to me.

Located near the main train station, the hostel is within a ten minute walk from Marienplatz and many other tourist destinations. Additionally, the bar downstairs is very lively at night. I would recommend Jaegers to anyone visiting Munich on a budget.

There was no kitchen and the doors of the mixed dorm and the bathrooms slammed very loudly. Besides it was ok.

The staff were super friendly and helpful (even though slightly obsessed with playing Arctic Monkeys :p) and they made us feel really welcome. The hotel is in a great location for city centre and the showers and toilets were clean, even in the 40 bed dorm! The wifi signal was rubbish in the dorm and could have done with a charging socket closer to our bunks but we made do. Would definately stay again, thanks guys!