Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

I can tell that the hostel is fine. Location is great and it has amazing common room with bar. Bar is great with great prices when you compare it with prices of drinks in town. The only thing is that the beds are not very comfortable and make noises when you turn on bed. It was keeping me wake up almost the whole night. But when you drink, nothing wakes you us, so this is the recipe :).

Showers very open and shared with a lot of people. Many lockers were broken (one looked like someone had taken a crowbar and pried it open), though the ones that were functional were big, provide your own lock. On one of the nights (a Friday) a whole bunch of German schoolkids showed up at the bar in the hostel for cheap beer, many were underage (which is saying something, as the German drinking age for beer is 16) and would try to get older people to buy liqour for them.

Overall, our stay at Jaeger's Munich was very enjoyable. Unfortunately, the beds were way too hard for my tastes, and most mornings I woke up with my hips hurting from sleeping on them. Other than that, it was quiet enough to sleep, even with the bar downstairs and people were very nice. I was a little surprised that we had to pay for breakfast, since many hostels come with breakfast for free. However, the value was well worth eating their instead of going elsewhere.

• 12th Jan 2014

good hostel

More convenient if free-wife, but overall very sweet and proper place to live.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • China

It is hard to qualify the hostel, because I stayed only one night. The hostel is big, however they have a nice lounge area with a great bar, so even being a big hostel you can meet some people. The internet on my room wasn't woking...so I had to stay in the lounge area to get conexion. Staff was friendly and helpfull. I recommend the hostel!

wifi is bad……but the staff is nice.

booked the 40 bed dorm, got everything i expected. this place is kind of crazy, the showers are MESSED UP they are CLEAR. make sure you know this before you book this place. Also not for the faint of heart, it really is 40 beds. Bar was pretty cool though, met great people

No kitchen no good

No kitchen. Good location. Staff arent rude. They offer the welcome drinks. 8-people room is clean and tidy. Worth of money:)

Good hostel but I found food served is totally german style ,it should be made in a way that's suitable for all foreigners especially Asian cuisine should also be made available.

• 24th Dec 2013
  • India

VERY CLEAN AND CHEAP, LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOTEL

The stay was good overall. I was in the 40mixed dorm. But some tips if you going to stay there. Take flip flops for under the shower, it doesn't look very clean. If you're a light sleeper, take some ear-buds. And if possible your own pillow, because quality of the bed and pillow is old. When you want the meet new people, have a drink, party it's really good. 3min walk to the central station. Good breakfast and in the neighborhood with some other hostels. So good atmosphere.

• 20th Dec 2013

Wifi wont work, butt staff was exlelent.

Good rooms, nice staff, very good breakfast to buy, big bar and excellent location.

When I was there the wifi was down which was really inconvenient, however the staff were lovely and I met some amazing people there . I stayed in the 40 bed dorm which was not as bad as I was expecting . Super close to the city centre and main train station which is handy.

I spent 3 nights there and really enjoyed myself. The hostel is really close to the main train station and within very close proximity to many of the tourist attractions. Staff were helpful and professional.

• 17th Dec 2013

This hostel is lose to the train, close to inner city. Clean and presentable hostel. Staff are friendly enough and helpful with directions to big attractions. The wifi does not work, the staff also lied to new guests saying the wifi was unstable, we stayed for two days and in that time it did not work at all. The beds are a little unsafe, our bunk bed was not completely attached, shower had a ten second timer. Okay for the cost but two hostels either side that are a better choice, same cost.

My 6 person room with ensuite was good but I'd avoid the big dorms in the basement - I heard bad things about them. WiFi is terrible. The bar was quiet during my stay.

The hostel has an unpolite staff and the wi-fi does not work at all. Also, you can't sleep in the night because in very noisy. It's definitely a bad decision to chosse this hostel.