Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

This hostel was a really great place to meet people and hang out in the bar, the atmosphere was great. However, it was very unsanitary. The toilets smelt really bad, and the place as generally pretty dirty. The washing machine was out of order which wasn't too big of a deal but annoying, plus the showers , although split into men and women, were completely see through but on the other side there was a curtain to get changed behind ? Ialso the wifi didn't work I'm the rooms.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Nice hostel for a stop over, although the bar did close a little to early for my liking. Plenty to like though, the rooms were big and clean and the en suit facilities were good.

Generally it was ok, rooms are fine, toilets are clean, common room is big enough, however some things did bother us, some of the staff is very nice, but some are not. We came from city center at around 3 a.m. and the hostel bar was closed, so we asked the grumpy dude behind the reception desk if we can drink our own beer in common room, since we had some left from earlier that day, but he didn't let us. WHY? YOUR BAR DOES NOT SERVE ANYMORE MAN! despite that our stay was rather pleasant

The hostel staff seemed happy to help whenever asked, Location was fairly good, right next to station and only a short work to Munich centre. Beds and dorm were rather noisy and very hot, so windows had to be kept open. For the price though couldn't go wrong, a free shot of Jaeger every night instead of just on the first would also be a good idea ;)

I had a nice room with bathroom (only one toilet and one shower for 6 persons though), the staff was friendly and the atmosphere nice and relaxed. Good breakfast, but I had something to put in the fridge and it was not possible, so I had to throw it away. Perfect location, I would definitely recommend it and book there again next time in Munich!

We stay in 40 dorm room. It's a huge room with walls which creat 4 smaller compartments. It's not that bad. However the floor is old so that it's noisy when people walking. It's good value if you want to save money; don't choose this if you want quite place.

I can tell that the hostel is fine. Location is great and it has amazing common room with bar. Bar is great with great prices when you compare it with prices of drinks in town. The only thing is that the beds are not very comfortable and make noises when you turn on bed. It was keeping me wake up almost the whole night. But when you drink, nothing wakes you us, so this is the recipe :).

Showers very open and shared with a lot of people. Many lockers were broken (one looked like someone had taken a crowbar and pried it open), though the ones that were functional were big, provide your own lock. On one of the nights (a Friday) a whole bunch of German schoolkids showed up at the bar in the hostel for cheap beer, many were underage (which is saying something, as the German drinking age for beer is 16) and would try to get older people to buy liqour for them.

Overall, our stay at Jaeger's Munich was very enjoyable. Unfortunately, the beds were way too hard for my tastes, and most mornings I woke up with my hips hurting from sleeping on them. Other than that, it was quiet enough to sleep, even with the bar downstairs and people were very nice. I was a little surprised that we had to pay for breakfast, since many hostels come with breakfast for free. However, the value was well worth eating their instead of going elsewhere.

• 12th Jan 2014

good hostel

More convenient if free-wife, but overall very sweet and proper place to live.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • China

It is hard to qualify the hostel, because I stayed only one night. The hostel is big, however they have a nice lounge area with a great bar, so even being a big hostel you can meet some people. The internet on my room wasn't woking...so I had to stay in the lounge area to get conexion. Staff was friendly and helpfull. I recommend the hostel!

wifi is bad……but the staff is nice.

booked the 40 bed dorm, got everything i expected. this place is kind of crazy, the showers are MESSED UP they are CLEAR. make sure you know this before you book this place. Also not for the faint of heart, it really is 40 beds. Bar was pretty cool though, met great people

No kitchen no good

No kitchen. Good location. Staff arent rude. They offer the welcome drinks. 8-people room is clean and tidy. Worth of money:)

Good hostel but I found food served is totally german style ,it should be made in a way that's suitable for all foreigners especially Asian cuisine should also be made available.

• 24th Dec 2013
  • India

VERY CLEAN AND CHEAP, LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOTEL

The stay was good overall. I was in the 40mixed dorm. But some tips if you going to stay there. Take flip flops for under the shower, it doesn't look very clean. If you're a light sleeper, take some ear-buds. And if possible your own pillow, because quality of the bed and pillow is old. When you want the meet new people, have a drink, party it's really good. 3min walk to the central station. Good breakfast and in the neighborhood with some other hostels. So good atmosphere.

• 20th Dec 2013

Wifi wont work, butt staff was exlelent.