Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

It said there was air con in all rooms, yet it was unbearably hot. It said there was wifi in all rooms, the wifi hardly worked in the lobby and didn't reach the rooms. Showers and toilets stank like for the whole 3 day stay. I felt more unclean after a shower with the condition they were in. Would not recommend staying, pay a little extra for a nicer place that won't ruin your Munich experience.

• 20th Jul 2015

Stayed in the 40 bed dorm - interesting experience. Do not stay here if you are expecting luxury, there isn't lots of space and the bathrooms are shared e.g. smelly! However it's a great place to stay if you want somewhere cheap and friendly! Staff were helpful, great atmosphere and a place to meet like minded travellers!

room was very small for 6 and we were not given any information about the city

Fairly average hostel- had a decent bar and most importantly AIR CON! air con is a must in the summer in Munich. I stayed here and also Wonbats Hostel (next door) Wonbats did not have air con-did not sleep ! Wifi isn great. Showers are average- at least they're not shared!

There were lockers outside for day use which was okay and lockers in the room (only some closed). The bathrooms were atrocious though: super gross and veeery smelly (like a sewer). The best part was the ac for humid nights!

Worst hostel ever!!!!! I stayed in a 40 bed dorm. The girls showers did not have dividers so all the girls had to shower in front of one another. The showers had mold all through them. When we checked out we asked if they could mind our bags while we looked around before our bus arrived. They said they do not kind anyone bags. I thought this was so bad as it's a normal standard to have this in all hostels. We complained about this and the staff didn't even care

Awesome experience, staff very helpful and hostel is in a prime location. Plenty of people coming and going :)

Arrived at the hostel to be told we didn't have a booking there.

• 16th Jul 2015

Great location, good breakfast, nice staff. The lower level showers are nasty and dirty. Wifi does not work in lower level dorms.

• 15th Jul 2015

Well, first off, my friend and I did have the cheapest bunk so that should be mentioned as I am sure that the other rooms are nicer. We got what we paid for. The bathrooms were not exactly the cleanest and could have been well stocked with toilet paper. The hand dryer was not working. The bunk in which I slept in with 40 other people was fine except the windows to the outside were wide open and anyone could have come in. It just didn't feel safe. The floors were dirty with debris everywhere.

Great location, helpful staff, liked the free shot on arrival, clean bed linen. The hostel could be a cleaner in the bathrooms. Half the lockers in our room did not turn to lock properly, 1 shower for ten guests was tricky when many were leaving early that morning. Quite expensive for what is was.

Lots of shady people near the hostel. Had terrible night with drunk people screaming, laughing loudly and running running in the corridors. Go for another hostel that looks safer and free of these bunch of monkeys!

Location and staff were excellent. Cleanliness and security not so much. The bathroom facilities were so disgusting that I opted not to shower during my stay and use the toilet at the Italian restaurant down the street when possible. In my 40-person dorm, there were some lockers that were good, but many were unusable because they were broken or looked like they could be broken into easily. For a one night crash, okay, otherwise, I'd avoid.

There's no privacy in this hostel, not even in the showers where there isn't a single enclosed cubicle. You can also find yourself spending far too much time worrying about who in your room of 40 might possible want to find a way to go through your stuff. If Jaegers is your only option, do it, you'll survive. However, if you have any other options on places to stay, take them.

• 12th Jul 2015

Oh... This was the worst hostel in my life. unfriendly staff, worst bed matress ever. I arrived in the early morning and asked staff if i could keep my bags here until check-in. And he said i would need a padlock because sometimes people get their stuff stolen. So i rented a padlock but one locker was not big enough for my bags. And I came to the reception again and talked about it. And his attidude was like " so what? ". The bed was even worse. I could feel every single coil in it.

I don't know if it was something temporary or not, but it smelled soo bad. The room got so hot (even with all of the windows open) and the showers were just disgusting.. It worked for me to just stay one night, but I will never stay there again.

All around good place to stay, we stayed in the 40 bed dorm & had no problems. Worst parts were there is no wifi in the 40 bed dorms because they're underground and the showers were disgusting & smelled like mold. There's a bar in the common area, and there's always a party with great people. It's super close to the train station and Augustiner Keller beer garden. Would definitely recommend staying here. But they def need to fix the wifi in the 40 bed dorms!

Impossible to have a night's sleep in the 40-bed dorm, and not because of the 40 beds: emergency exit lights on our heads throughout the night, on top of the coming and going of people through the door making noise.

Pros: It's cheap. There is always someone on staff available. There are security lockers. I stayed in a 40 bed room that had partitions so it felt more like a 10 bed room. Good for nightlife. Cons: It was dirty. They surfaced cleaned, but did not deep clean. Spiders. The showers were only semi-private; there are doors and partions, but stalls weren't fully separated. Bring shower shoes! It didn't feel safe. Windows were always open, so not very secure. I could go on l, but not enough characters.

• 10th Jul 2015

Really great atmosphere in the hostel with a really lively bar. Only issues were that the lockers didn't work in our room and the internet was so bad it was unusable.