Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

Great hostel for backpackers.

Jaegers was so much better than we'd anticipated! We stayed in the 40 bed dorm and it was surprisingly pleasant! The rooms were really clean and i found the beds comfy. As long as you're not near the main door the seperate dorm sections were quiet and dark and we got a good sleep when people were quiet. Showers were in adjacent dorm which we didn't mind because they were a bit grotty. Decent wifi in lobby. Friendly staff. Lockers we're secure with rentable locks. Would recommend if on a budget!

I really didn't like the bathroom:-( It might be OK for men, but not for women. Good things are location, welcome drink and a free tour of Munich!

Toilets and showers were out of order the entire time we were there, had to brush our teeth in a tiny sink in the upstairs loo, not very clean, far too many people in one room for the price you're paying

• 4th Aug 2014

Such a big hostel, many people always going and coming. The stuff was not enough for the amount of guests, and therefore it was difficult to have good information. Close to the station and the city centre.

I was a little bit disappointed with your hostel, especially smell. I stayed 40 dormitories. But, when I entered the room, I smelled offensive smell near the door. Maybe that smell came from toilet. Anyway, I hope you take care of the cleanness

Fun hostel, not very private and they need to provide additional toilets and more private showers on the bottom floor, but good value for money and a lot of fun. Great location too.

Great staff, great location...stayed in 40 people room..considering that it is a 40 people room everything worked more than well...thumbs up:)

Thumbs up to you my dear! :)

Excellent hostel, great location.

Great location! Staff was helpful, facilties were average, not very well kept. I would stay again

Hey there and thank you for your review :) We know that things can get a bit messed up during high season - we are a huge hostel and our janitor and housekeeping are constantly working during the day but still things might get broken easily. If there are issues, please report to reception - we will take care of it immediately. Hope to see you again next time - cheers :)

We were in a dorm room, the beds were packed in (40 beds to a room) and the bar right above us kept us awake most the night. The showers were awful, you didn't have your own cubicle so no privacy, you could see other people in the showers and to get to your clothes you had to cross the corridor naked. Apart from that, the staff were very friendly and great to talk to, the location is fantastic, very close to the centre and 2 minutes from the train station.

The bar in the lobby provides an excellent atmosphere and sense of community. We stayed in the 40 person dorm and were pleasantly surprised at how well-kept it was for such a large room!

Yeah won't be staying here again!

We stayed in the 40 bed dorm purely for the experience and for a cheap night. We were happily surprised by the setup and had a good nights sleep. There are two big dorms, and the other one with the bathrooms attached does get very hot and sticky. The downside to here is the lack of fridge or kitchen and the lack of walls between the showers.... as long as you are prepared for that, enjoy. Oh and the welcome shots were a nice addition :-) Central location to many restaurants and Oktoberfest.

Hey there and thanks for your Review - you are the living proof that it is possible to survive in the 40 bed dorm if you are cool enough ;) Seriously - the showers will undergo bigger renovations in the winter time, promised. As for the kitchen, we are unfortunately not allowed to have one due to some strange German regulations. Keep on rolling!

this hostel is nice but it is noisy during nights(1st floor is a bar)

Hello out there! We are glad that you liked Jaeger's - if people are partying too loud in the bar please report to reception - the staff are always happy to move you to a higher level if possible. Have a nice day :)

The location of the hostel is literally a 5 minute walk from the main train station which made carrying large backpacks around a whole load easier. The S-Bahn provided convenient links into the centre. The only problem I encountered was the communal showers but they were easy to overcome! The staff were very welcoming, helpful and friendly, the best hostel staff we have encountered both at reception and at the bar! The free welcome shot and happy hour (7-9) were greatly appreciated!

Hey there and kisses for your feedback - you have made our staff super happy :D Hope to see you again! Cheers

Only spent one night there but all went smooth! Staff very helpful and perfect location!

Wifi availability was a joke. With a full hostel, service was pretty much nonexistent. My tablet computer kept offering me wifi from the youth hostel next door, and I wonder if it would have been better. But then again, if that's my worst complaint I can't have found many problems. I was in a room with 3 friends, and it turned out to have bunks, 2 up and 2 down. Not a big deal, but as mature individuals we might have had trouble with the ladders. A warning about this could have been useful

• 19th Jul 2014

Bonjour and thank you for your review and good ratings :) As for bunk beds - they are pretty much standard in hostels. We simply couldn't offer our cheap prices if we had only single beds in the dorms. WiFi might be slow during peak hours in such a big hostel. We already have the best connection available in this area so unfortunately there is nothing more we can do about it - sorry! Cheers :)

It was a nice stay, the beds were clean and it had a good atmosphere. I would reccomend this hostel to a friend.

• 19th Jul 2014

Hello and thanks for your beautiful review :)

The 40 bed dorm was very humid and hot. The showers and toilet had no ventilation and became very muggy and hard to breathe in. There was no soap in any of the toilets. I would not recommend staying the the 40 bed dorm.

Hi there! We are very sorry that you did not feel happy in the big dorm. Please understand that the bathrooms there will undergo bigger renovations during the winter period. Until then, we can only offer the beds of the 40 bed dorm as cheap as possible. If you are still not happy there, please come to reception - we will be happy to arrange for an upgrade. Have a nice day!