Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

The hostel is right next to the trainstation and 15 minutes walk from mirianplats so perfect location. The rooms are clean and have lockers but the only downside is the lockers only take a certain size padlock so you have to pay to use theirs. The staff were really friendly and helpful and there is a good bar downstairs.

Great Atmosphere, good wifi, nice staff, heaps of big lockers - but you do need a big lock!

This is my favourite hostel I've ever stayed in! The atmosphere is top notch, the staff are really friendly and the bar is fairly cheap! I stayed in the 40 bed dorm and besides the communal showers, this is the best hostel I stayed in on my whole trip as it is really easy to meet other travellers. It is also only a stones throw from the train station.

I had a wonderful stay here! Great for solo travellers. Loved the cards and games in the bar.

Much better than I expected based on the comments! The bar was cheap and great for meeting fellow travellers. The beds were a bit squeaky and firm, but that's my only minor complaint! Great location right next to the train station and tons of places to eat.

There is a bar in the bottom floor that anyone could walk into. It's not in the best neighborhood, so this isn't ideal. Breakfast was overpriced and the lockers and bathroom on main floor smelled like pee. I'd recommend finding somewhere else.

Staff should be excellent except for one employee. He was dealt with and therefore I am happy with my stay and will come back next time I'm in Munich!

• 21st Aug 2014

All very clean and excellent sitauted near the main station. Lockers can be used in the backyard even after check-out. Very convenient. Just the Jaegermeister was not Jaegermeister :D

Very nice place with awesomely friendly and helpful staff. Especially nice to meet people if you're into that. Excellent location, you can roll there from the train station in 5 secs and close to center as well. I stayed in the 40 bed dorm, which is exactly what you'd expect it to be. There was one guy whose shoes stank up the entire basement, but that can happen anywhere.

Very welcoming and good price. Good shower and washing facilities. Bedroom smelt a bit, could have done with an air freshener.

• 19th Aug 2014

Fantastic location, very helpful staff and we'll organized. Comfortable room and well spaced out. I was on the 4th floor but was kept awake by some noise until maybe midnight. Not a big deal and not unusual for a hostel. The staff at reception recommended me a tour which was cancelled and did not tell me it was cancelled. Some new staff did not have contacts to get me the information I needed. But I would still stay here again. Great value for money.

good location right next to the train station. the staff were really awesome!

This hostel was pretty good value. Great location. The dorm was massive so it's only possible to sleep with earplugs. Some people were climbing through the window to access the toilet in our dorm from the opposite dorm... so security was questionable although I kept any valuables in a locker anyway. The door to the room slammed really loudly. I asked about this each day yet nothing was done over the three days I was there. It would have only taken someone a minute to adjust the door closer.

Was suddenly woken up in the middle of the night and told to change beds. Key kept not working as well. Other than that it was a good place

A 40-beddorm, don't expect much from this place, if you can sleep while a bunch of people circulate in front of your bed almost all night long, if you can take a shower and everybody can see your.. whole package, and if you're not afraid to wake everybody up at 4 or 5 O'clock just because you want to pee, then this place is made for you! But because there is not only bad points, the hostel is based near Hauptbahnof, and the common room isn't bad, wouldn't recommend it, but I knew what I paid for

Stayed in the 40 bed dorm which we had low expectations for. Due to this it wasn't as bad as we thought. The location was great easily walkable to centre and for Munich was not a bad price. However the room smelled awful as there isn't much ventilation. There was one power point in our area of the dorm and not many upstairs in the bar which was frustrating. The showers were interesting and don't expect much privacy. We didn't spend much time in the hostel so it was just a bed.

I didn't care for the throw up outside the dorm room . The location was great and it was quieter than I thought it would be. I hated the open showers and dressing area.

• 14th Aug 2014

I liked the overall atmosphere very much. Everyone I interacted with was very pleasant. To top it all off, their wifi is pretty great.

• 14th Aug 2014

We stayed in the forty person dorm B and it was a lot better than I was expecting. It was not too noisy or hot although we did stay mid-week. The bar was great and the happy hour cheap. The staff were also very friendly and helpful with any problems. The wifi was terrible. It had a very small range, none in our dorm, and required logging in every time. The showers were also bad. They were essentially communal. If the wifi was improved and shower curtains added it could be an excellent hostel

Showers had no privacy and lockers had no locks...