Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

I was in the 6 bed female ensuite. Came at 3 and beds were sill dirty. Hair all over the bed. Had to ask them to clean it. Lockers in rooms are much smaller than in the courtyard. Air conditioning is a plus. Good zone by good grocery store but no kitchen in hostel. Keycard erased itself everyday. The elevator worked the first day then broke and they fixed in a day. Other rooms were very loud. Elevator covered in puke one day. Won't be coming back.

The beds in the 40 room bunk were horribly uncomfortable. The environment was very rude and the other people staying there were very disrespectful. The staff were great, but could do more to make sure that the guests are polite and kind to each other.

• 24th Jun 2015

wi-fi doesn't work, nor friendly staff, awful facilities, dirty place

Our 3-night stay in Jaeger's was awful. We did not expect there would be no kitchen, not even a microwave oven and a poor hot water machine, in this nice-looking hostel. They have a bar but they don't have a kitchen. We bought some eggs before we checked in and all we had to throw them away raw. The 10-people room was completely disastrous, with only one single toilet with shower each room and no additional toilets on each floors except a very small one with only one basin in the basement.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

This place is nice as far as it being big and having a bar, also being near most of the sites.. But that's it. The staff seemed like they could care less, it seemed more like a hotel staff instead of a hostel. They have no recommendations on what to do or where to go. They were slightly friendly, and I understand they have a mass amount of people, but it can use some work. Also the door to the shower wouldn't close so the bathroom would flood after one person showered.

The 40 bed dorm we stayed in was extremely dirty and uncomfortable. The bathrooms in particular had mould growing in them, there was hardly ever any toilet paper, the showers didn't have any doors?? My bed had all the springs poking through and I ended up top and tailing with my friend as her bed was marginally better. It was bad and just needed a really good clean but we never saw any cleaners in there. Also security needs improving as people had items stolen while we were there.

• 22nd Jun 2015

We were staying in the 40 people room and they stole our backpacks and wallets. Also, we heard that some people got their passports stolen in the same room.

I had my wallet stolen. I used the restroom three times when I was there for a one night stay and all three times there was no toilet paper in the stalls.

A very sociable hostel, with a great bar inside that offers a free jaeger shot or soft drink on arrival. Location was really good, just a short walk from the train station and into the centre of Munich. We stayed in the 8 bed dorm.

I chose this place because I was only staying one night and was coming in and out by train. Location for that is amazing, very easy to find using this directions. If you need to store your luggage the next day they have lockers which is great because I never fully trust luggage rooms. Rooms are quiet.

The people working the front desk were very friendly! We had to put a deposit down to get a towel, but we were able to exchange our towels daily for clean ones. The wifi wasn't very good. It only seemed to work in certain spots. Our shower didn't latch all the way when you tried to close it, so the floor got soaking wet after each shower. The people downstairs kept saying someone would fix it, but no one did. Other than that, the bathrooms were nice and the room was spacious.

Lactation was excellent! The ubahn (metro) is right around the corner, making getting to different places very easy! The hostel also does daily waking tours, which are free and super insightful. I stayed in a private room with ensuite bathroom which was very clean! Plus I had a killer view from the 5th floor. The staff were not very interactive with guest,although they were very helpful when needed. Dont forget to say please and thank you, politeness gets you a long way in Germany.

I have the worst experience in Europe in this hostel, the bathroom floor always was wet, all the water out of the shower, one day the floor was with wet towels and it's worst, then a girl puked all the bathrooms floor and we can't sleep. The staff was awful, just one girl with short hair was nice.

There was a lot of homeless people and beggers in the area and I didnt feel safe once I left the building. We struggled to get our wifi connection and it was quite loud in the hallways. Once inside the bedroom it was nice, but I didnt enjoy the overall feel of the hostel to much.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

The hostel had a really cool atmosphere, and having a bar connected was perfect in Munich! Unfortunately the shower in our room leaked, and in a ten person bedroom this meant pretty soon the bathroom floor was flooded, and we spent the rest of the night walking around on wet towels because no other help was offered.

I reserved a full 4 bed room and as we were 3, they booked anothrr person in our room. When we saw the problem, it was too late people from the staff said they could not do nothing, at the other morning, we talked to the manager who was very well the situation and also said that nothing could be done because it was fully booked and then, we asked for our money back and they declined doing that It was a vrry bad experience and i was told to start booking with booking.com

• 19th Jun 2015

Cool bar to make friends and have some fun! A bit expensive to me but u still get something good out of it! Literally 500m from the train station and at 5-10mins to any attractions! Fun place to be

I loved my stay at jaegers!!

Staff was amazing, good hostel and very fair price, across from the central train station not even 5 min walk

Disgusting. Smells like the alley behind a sewage tank. The single rooms might be ok, but the hostel part (40-bed dorm) is in the basement. SUPER sketchy, only a few outlets in middle of room, only 4 lights in entire dorm, NO WIFI. I could not bring myself to shower or even use the restroom down there b/c it was like a horror movie. I only used the toilet in the lobby. I stayed in another hostel in Munich called The Tent and it was LITERALLY A TENT and it was much better than this.