Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

Staff were friendly, however it did take awhile to check in. Rooms were clean and secure, though the beds were a little rough. Despite comments I had read on security I found their security methods of a high standard. Would definately recommend it

I stayed at this hostel in the October beer festival periods. so I had to use the 40beds dorm despite paying 45 euros. it was a disaster. the worst thing was the shower facilities which have only one shared door. I couldn't have any privacy even in naked. but staffs were kind and hospitable even if they were so busy. and location was fantastic.

Stayed in a 40 bed dorm. Was fine except for the brightly lit exit sign a metre from my bed disturbing my sleep. The toilets were disgusting with only 3 unisex toilets on that level that were never clean. The showers were in another dorm so had access to both which is not great in terms of security. My friend was harassed by a security staff member. Other staff members were great in handling this but still shouldn't have happened. Great location and bar is fun but wouldn't stay again.

• 1st Oct 2014

I was in the 40 bed dorm which is fine for what you're paying. Bed was clean and comfortable, but the constant shine of the exit sign hinders sleep. The bathrooms are a bit rubbish, and the unisex toilet smells like a filthy urinal. The bar and bar staff are excellent, and there was a great atmosphere. Security staff are also lovely, except for one who I had an incident in with which I'm assured was dealt with.

We stayed here for Oktoberfest and was a good location to get to the event. Good security and really close to get the U Bahn. Room was clean and nice. Really good breakfast! Wifi didn't work in rooms though

Above all, as a frequent traveler, I feel obliged to note that the location of the hostel was excellent. All of the important areas are close by. However, the staff was really bad. I don't know if that was due to the busy period of the year, but the girl in the reception had a horrible communication manner (not Julia, the other one). The bathroom and the toilets were entirely dirty. I didn't use them throughout my 2 day stay and had to find a place for my personal needs outside.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Macedonia

I stayed in the dorm room and brought outsiders mixed men women wrote this morning to three o'clock in the same room. The comforter and pillow went gear worm. It was very uncomfortable and dirty.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

No dryer in room..

I'm sure value for money would be better if you weren't staying in the 40 bed dorm. Showers were awful as anyone could see you. The shower door didn't cover the whole shower which is really odd. I've never seen that before. The dorm was too hot because the hot water pipes went through it and there was no ventilation or air con. Can't say I would stay here again.

The dorms were overcrowded and there was not enough facilities to cope with the number of people. Was a very uncomfortable stay.

Expected a lot worse from reviews but they probably relate to the 40 person dorm. We stayed in an 8 bed dorm during Oktoberfest and it was pleasant. Staff were a little pre-occupied in chatter with one another and service was slow. Each bed had a plug, lockers were too narrow to fit large or bulky rucksacks. The bar prices were reasonable. Location good very close to station. Bathroom was a little dated but clean. Hostel was average. If possible stay in the wombats 2 doors down.

Staff where friendly. But no kitchen in a hostel defeates the idea of staying in a hostel.

Overall it was good. However when we arrived there was a mix up with out booking, it was quickly rectified. Also I believe I got bedbug from the hostel, otherwise it was clean.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Our bathroom smelt like a sewer. Every time you entired the room you felt like vomiting.

• 18th Sep 2014

It's like showering in prison - no doors

• 18th Sep 2014

40 bed dorm worked out ok! Communal showers were dirty and mouldy though...

Close to everything walking distance to the Augustine beer hall which has great food and pints! Enjoyed the bar area very good barmaid but it was one of the more expensive hostels and we left a few days before the beer festival started

I stayed in 40-bed dorm. What was really BAD - extremely thin mattresses and blankets - it was so COLD that I had to sleep in jeans and sweater, when it was about 15 degrees Celsius outside. Other things were nice - bar, lockers, even shower which everyone blames. However, because of COLDNESS i would never stay again, at least in 40 bed dorm.

The beds are horrible. The mattresses are very thin and the bed bunk frames are loud and squeaky, even if you are just rolling over in your sleep everyone in the room will hear you.

We were only there for a night, did some washing, went across the road to the pizza pkace for the best mixed grill IN THE WORLD! Lol Great hostel