Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

It is just a place for you to stay. After bathing, water is leaking from shower to the toilet floor and even to the room. Realy terrible. We have no idea of how it could be like that.

Hi and thanks for your comment :) If something is broken in your room please Report it to reception - we will get it repaired as soon as possible and may even be able to arrange for you to move to a different room. Safe travels!

I cant comment on the private rooms, only the dorms

The 40 person room was what you would expect - be warned the bathroom is dirty, humid and shared between both 40 person rooms - so 80 people total. Some of the staff were friendly, but front desk made bad first impression (apathetic, unenthused and not overly helpful). Great location right across from the main train station and about a 15min walk downtown (Marienplatz). Best thing about this place was the people - great atmosphere if you sit in the lobby and just start chatting.

Hey there and thanks for your comment :) We are happy that you liked the atmosphere at Jaeger's! As for the comment about our staff - we just had a talk with him and it seems like he had a really bad day - so sorry about that! The 40 bed dorm is being cleaned at least twice a day but with 80 people constantly using the showers it might get a bit crazy at times - hope you could enjoy the experience anyway :)

I book 40 shared bedroom. I don't expect too much but I pay 21 Euro and should deserve something alright. The 2 main plugs in the bed room is broken, so there is only 1 plug available for whole 40 people there to take turn to charge there electronic stuff. The bathroom is not clean and you can see everyone shower (fitness style). The Wifi has a pool signal you have to go to the reception for better signal.

if you are a girl dont book 40 mix dorm .seriously. unless you don't care drunks around you.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our suitcases wouldn't fit in their lockers so they kindly put them in a locked room; other wise we wouldn't have been able to see much of the city. All so, one gentleman working there told us of some specific sites to see; we especially loved the trip to the top of the church. The breakfast was excellent - we couldn't think of anything that wasn't available.

I just didn't get a good vibe walking through the door. After walking downstairs to what felt like a basement to my room (of 40 beds) it didn't get any better. The rooms were dirty and not much air circulating. I was meant to stay 3 nights and after checking out the next morning (after only one night) the staff didn't even care as to why I was leaving.

The bathrooms were always hot from the see through showers, and there were so many broken things in our room. 40 people had to share 2 working outlets. They eventually fixed the broken outlets, but there still wasn't even one per person. And the rooms felt like you could never achieve any privacy.

The 40 bed mixed room is in the basement (but there are windows along the hall) and that's OK, but the wifi doesn't work well (just near the room entrance) and 2 of 3 power socket spots available for this big room wasn't working - they fixed the night before I left. The bathroom is musty because there is no window there - basement! - but sheets are clean and bed is fine.

I stayed in a 40 bed dorm which I suspected would be crowed and messy however it was beyond what I expected. The smell in the bathrooms would make you dry reach, none of the power point worked, the bed was hard - I hardly showered because the facilities were that dirty

Very good hostel for a two night stay. Facilities were fantastic at a good price. Only problem was the noise from the lockers. I never managed to sleep the second night because people were coming in all night and the lockers made a very loud noise. Would have been fine otherwise.

well,i must say after i have been stayed on the hostel next to it,this one is far more below my expectation. Mixed dorms for 6 is quite small,everything in the room are noisy,when u sleep,when u open the locker,when u throw rubbish,everything are made of metal. It was quite annoying when the others are packing in room. No wifi in room at all,even the lobby,couldnt connect all the time. Staff are not so friendly to me. Only the location is good.

I turned up to this hostel VERY NERVOUS after reading all the bad reviews. But i LOVE IT. Definantly a party hostel so expect a rowdy night. Do not come if you can't see yourself showering without much privacy!! Apart from that, it was a great time. It's in a great location, around the corner from the train station and about a 10 minute walk to town. Lots of free tours can be organised too. Also, the guy behind the bar will hook you up with free drinks if you're nice to him.

Bad wifi, dirty, smelling bathrooms and some of the most, if not the most, I'll mannered staff Ive come across. To date, this has been the worst hostel I've attended.

• 29th May 2014

Woke up in the middle of the night to three drunk guys screaming in our room. They did not even have a bed in that dorm so I have no idea how they got in or what they where doing there. One staff member was very helpful but all of the others were awful and refused to help us because it was almost change of shift. No wifi in rooms, common bathroom for men and women which was never clean, and had no soap to wash your hands in any of the bathrooms. It was cheap but still not worth it.

• 29th May 2014

better than my first stay / depends a lot of big group of drunk young people being there or not . I still think one staff guy should quit his job as he's just not professionnal with helping people and really arrogant (and he doesn't care!) / also the guy in charge of the cleaning and waking up people for late check-out is incredibly rude and should change his attitude ! these two persons obviously can't make the difference between nice people like me and drunk people. they should be fired !

Stayed in the 40-bed dorm, and the door slams so be prepared for that if your bed happens to be close to the entrance. Location is good; right next to the central station and other hostels. Wasn't able to connect to the WiFi at all and my buddies didn't have great connections. Good happy hour though.

Nice place to stay, free Jagers!! The barman Matt was awesome, he had good taste in music. Arctic Monkeys !!

I just stayed there for one night. It was okay, but I believe Wombats City Hostel is a better option for you to stay.

Got a free welcoming Jaeger shot when checked in, happy with that. The 6 beds dorm room was not bad at all. Location is good, very close to the train station. It takes about 15-20 mins to walk to the main attractions though.