Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

Stayed in the 40 bed dorm and had a blast!

Great - thank you :) Absolutely right! IF you are the type for the 40 bed dorm it can really be a blast! Happy day!

I slept in the 40 bed dorm, and the people from the B room could come in the A room (for the showers), but not vice-versa. People have warned me for theft. However you do have a locker. I felt safe. The location is perfect, the staff is so helpful. The bar helps you to meet other people. Great time at Jaeger's!

Hey there - we are happy that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you here again someday :) Happy travels!

There was water damage in our dorm so without asking we were upgraded to a beautiful private suite. Staff was friendly and helpful, it was a great place to stay

Thank you - it was great having you here!! :)

A few ppl were not fond of this hostel but the staff were accomidating where possible. Good location.

Thank you - happy to hear you enjoyed your stay :)

Room was broken into, not all lockers worked. No common area, no fridge. One large room was accessible by other dorm. Toilets smelled pretty bad. Best thing was Matthew the bar men. Bed was fairly uncomfortable. I would recommend not staying

Hey there and thanks for your feedback! Due to some strange German regulations we are unfortunately not allowed to have a guest kitchen as much as we would like to - so sorry! It is quite hard for us to believe that you couldn't find our 100m² common area though :D Anyway, thanks and happy travels!

Great hostel good staff and a great atmosphere

• 9th Jul 2014

Thank you - it was great having you here :) Happy travels!

If you wish to be drunk and get no sleep the entire time you are in Munich, this is the place for you. The dorms are so loud as to prevent all sleep, and both they and the bathroom facilities, which are not very clean, reek of mold. A line forms at reception every morning of people begging for private rooms so they can get a little sleep, and these are not usually available. The bar in the hostel is open to the public, so it is crowded. I would never stay here again.

Booking a 40 bed dorm I did not expect it to be this bad. Atleast no hostel I stay at will be this bad. The only way is up. The bathrroms were so gross, they need ventilation. They smell damp and warm and mouldy. I guess it is a good way of making sure you have a super quick shower because you can't stand the smell!

Hey there, so sorry we don't have character :( No - seriously: the dorm bathrooms will undergo bigger renovations in the winter period. Until then, the only Thing we can do is to offer the beds as cheap as possible. If you are unhappy in the big dorms you are always welcome to come to reception and upgrade. Thank you anyway and have a great day!

The shower situation was pretty sketchy, and there were no outlets for charging phones/iPods anywhere. The beds were old and creaky. The Wi-fi was really cruddy, which made me miss an important message from my father. Overall, I'm glad I only paid 19 Euros, because it wasn't worth any more than that.

Hey there :) You may not believe it, but we do not offer more outlets in the big dorms ON PURPOSE ;) Seriously, you don't want to watch your mobile phone for hours while it is charging and things get stolen easily if unattended in such a big dorm. We have a 24 hour reception with lots of outlets and our staff will be happy to charge your phones or laptops and keep them safe. Peace :)

40 bed dorm smelt horrible , so loud and the shower were gross

Hey there and thank you for your feedback! The bathrooms will undergo bigger renovations in the winter period, promised! If you feel unhappy in the big dorm, just come to reception - our staff will be happy to arrange for an upgrade. Don't forget to smile :)

Really enjoyed our stay. Did not think breakfast was value for money on our first stay so did not try it on this stay. We just want a croissant and good coffee so went out

I stayed in the 40 person dorm in this hostel, which did not bother me, although the toilets could have been cleaner at times and with only 2 toilets for males it wasn't a good ratio. I felt some of the staff lacked character and weren't as helpful as could be. The bar lacked atmosphere and if you wanted to meet people you were best going next door. As a lone traveler this isn't the place to stay in my opinion due to the lack of sociable people and 0 party atmosphere...even during the world cup.

Never staid in somewhere so unclean in my life! lobby females toilet had no flush, 40 dorm Bathrooms and toilets were disgusting did not look like they were maintained. showers in the 4 dorm room flooded. facility's were appalling would not recommend this place at all!!!!!! Very unclean

Hey there and thanks for your comment. Basically, our housekeeping is constantly cleaning up the hostel during the day. But as we are a big hostel and we also have high season right now things might get dirty again pretty quickly. In such cases it is best to come to reception immediately and report. Let the sunshine in! :)

Location is great - five minutes walk away from the train station. Stayed in the 40 bed dorm and had no problem with sleeping at all. Was a bit too much of a party hostel for what I was looking for though and the streets seemed pretty dodgy with always people hanging around. Was fine as a good base to come back to at the end of the day.

Hey there - happy you enjoyed your stay and even the 40 bed dorm - that's pretty cool of you! :) Central Station areas are often a bit dodgy in big cities but we can assure you that Munich is the safest city on this planet - in all the years that we have been working here, nothing bad has ever happened in the street. Let it roll! :)

Worst hostel ever! Run away if you can! Very impolite staff (guy who works at the reception in the evening/early morning appears he doesn't want to work at all and he seems to think he's doing a favour to you, instead of doing his duties). Everything is paid, even the padlock is not a deposit (be aware of it: they will charge you 1 Euro per day). It needs to be cleaner and facilities must be improved. The price paid for a 10 bed dorm is way too expensive for what you've got!

Oh là là :( But thank you for your review anyway... As for the staff - you know, not everybody has the personality and skills to be a good receptionist and this guy has realized that himself and is doing a different job now. As Munich is the most expensive city in Germany it is basically impossible to lower our Prices - sorry. Sports are good for you, stay fit and healthy! :)

Would happily stay there again, but, get some CRC for those bunks beds, the squeeks were out of control!

• 1st Jul 2014

great ensuite bathrooms, beds were a bit squeaky and felt a bit insecure, but still very comfortable, really lovely barstaff and understanding with regards to leaving luggage there before and after check in/out

Some (not all) of the staff were particularly grumpy and singularly rude on occasion, not bothering even lifting their head to speak to me and thoroughly unenthusiastic about their situation in general. Dorms were a little cramped but were nicely furnished and had lockers and decent sized bathroom. The location is quite good. Attracts a younger, rowdier, predominantly male clientèle, at least when I was there, taking account for the fact that Munich is somewhat of a drinking, stag destination.

Good location, good fun, and cheap pints at the hostel bar.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The staff was very unfriendly, the atmosphere was uncomfortable. I have been staying at hostels all over europe and this is the worst place I've stayed. I was only stopping in to sleep so that I could get up and catch a plane early in the morning, so it wasn't so bad, but if I had to stay there any longer I would not have liked it. The all around feeling of the place was cold, dirty and uninviting.

• 30th Jun 2014