Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

I liked my stay there. Breakfast (€5) is very good. I stayed in the 8 bed dorm. I would stay there again.

5 minutes from the main train station basically just oppersite, plenty of restaurants close by wifi only worked in the lobbie, not many plugsockers in the 40 bed dorm can be cramped at times with not much room, but the hostel was cheap so i expect that, smelly bathrooms constantly there was no windows for fresh air to enter small beds but i found them comfortable lockers in the dorm, tours available at resception also a tourist information centre 5 minutes away that had plenty of tours daily.

Bathrooms were not clean - especially when checking out early because of the night before. The air in the 40-bed dorm is quite stale. Internet was poor and there were almost no power points in my 40-bed dorm and you had to go to the common area to use one. One staff member I spoke to seemed happy to be there but otherwise most were unenthusiastic and not very approachable. Location close to the central train station is good. I enjoyed my stay at Wombats Hostel next door much more though.

Bad - not enough power points in 40 bed dorm to charge anyone's phones etc - beds were the most uncomfortable - floors creeked SO LOUDLY! -stunk of mouldy mildew -shared bathrooms were mouldy, no privacy. Literally sharing 4 showers, naked in front of them (might not be a bad thing ;) ) -laundry facilities wasn't working at the time -felt itchy after lying on the bed for an hour.... -wifi in the room was horrible, only worked near the door -no bed lights Good - location

• 5th Sep 2014

It's a hostel with 40 beds, it's expected to be crowded. The bathrooms are scary, there's no privacy. If you are capable of sleeping with 40 uknown people and sharing the bathrooms, it's the cheapest you can find in Munich central :)

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Macedonia

We only can say good things!! We are a group of 6 pleople and we had a room for ourselves. It was really clean and they cleaned our room every day. Staff were really friendly and helped us with some information about the city. We could have our own dinner while we were having some drinks there. The location couldn't be better; only 3 minutes from the train station.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Spain

I had the single private which was excellent and very comfortable. The bar is nice and staff is helpful. The 10am checkout time does suck, no option for late checkout.

The hostel is right next to the trainstation and 15 minutes walk from mirianplats so perfect location. The rooms are clean and have lockers but the only downside is the lockers only take a certain size padlock so you have to pay to use theirs. The staff were really friendly and helpful and there is a good bar downstairs.

Great Atmosphere, good wifi, nice staff, heaps of big lockers - but you do need a big lock!

This is my favourite hostel I've ever stayed in! The atmosphere is top notch, the staff are really friendly and the bar is fairly cheap! I stayed in the 40 bed dorm and besides the communal showers, this is the best hostel I stayed in on my whole trip as it is really easy to meet other travellers. It is also only a stones throw from the train station.

I had a wonderful stay here! Great for solo travellers. Loved the cards and games in the bar.

Much better than I expected based on the comments! The bar was cheap and great for meeting fellow travellers. The beds were a bit squeaky and firm, but that's my only minor complaint! Great location right next to the train station and tons of places to eat.

There is a bar in the bottom floor that anyone could walk into. It's not in the best neighborhood, so this isn't ideal. Breakfast was overpriced and the lockers and bathroom on main floor smelled like pee. I'd recommend finding somewhere else.

Staff should be excellent except for one employee. He was dealt with and therefore I am happy with my stay and will come back next time I'm in Munich!

• 21st Aug 2014

All very clean and excellent sitauted near the main station. Lockers can be used in the backyard even after check-out. Very convenient. Just the Jaegermeister was not Jaegermeister :D

Very nice place with awesomely friendly and helpful staff. Especially nice to meet people if you're into that. Excellent location, you can roll there from the train station in 5 secs and close to center as well. I stayed in the 40 bed dorm, which is exactly what you'd expect it to be. There was one guy whose shoes stank up the entire basement, but that can happen anywhere.

Very welcoming and good price. Good shower and washing facilities. Bedroom smelt a bit, could have done with an air freshener.

• 19th Aug 2014

Fantastic location, very helpful staff and we'll organized. Comfortable room and well spaced out. I was on the 4th floor but was kept awake by some noise until maybe midnight. Not a big deal and not unusual for a hostel. The staff at reception recommended me a tour which was cancelled and did not tell me it was cancelled. Some new staff did not have contacts to get me the information I needed. But I would still stay here again. Great value for money.

good location right next to the train station. the staff were really awesome!

This hostel was pretty good value. Great location. The dorm was massive so it's only possible to sleep with earplugs. Some people were climbing through the window to access the toilet in our dorm from the opposite dorm... so security was questionable although I kept any valuables in a locker anyway. The door to the room slammed really loudly. I asked about this each day yet nothing was done over the three days I was there. It would have only taken someone a minute to adjust the door closer.