Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

I stayed in the 40 bed dorm, which was not great. The showers have zero privacy and the place smells. I got bed bugs staying there, but the staff were really apologetic, upgrading my room, washing my clothes and even refunding me for the gel I got to put on the bites. I was put into a 10 bed dorm, which was great! There is no kitchen at all in this hostel - had to ask every time I wanted hot water, which got old. Overall, staff were great but the hostel is overpriced for what it is.

Many thanks for your feedback - we do remember you quite well and still feel bad about what has happenend to you. Bedbugs can be a problem in any hostel or hotel as travelers bring them from somewhere else - please be sure that we immediately treated the space accordingly and everything is perfectly bedbug-free again. As for the see through showers - we have taken action here and are now working on more privacy - should be ready around next week :) Safe travels!

Had a private two bed with bath. Very clean. Very quiet. Would recommend for older travelers.

We had a double room, the room was next to the elevator and main door way. All night people were making noise so we complained the next day to the staff. They moved us to a much nicer room a few doors down which had a balcony. Not sure why we weren't put there in the first place. Staff were ok. The first room was not clean, but the next one we got was. Atmosphere was good, only because of the football.

Hey and thanks for your review! Unfortunately the hostel was fully booked for the first night of your stay but as you wrote our staff was happy to move you to a different room as soon as we found out that you were not happy. Besides, please feel free to tell our nightshifters whenever there is too much noise around you - they are in charge to Keep the hostel calm at night and will be happy to help you whenever there is drunk rowdies :) Have a great day!

While staying in the 40-person dorm, we caught a thief going through my friend's backpack. Told the front desk people and a woman immediately got the guy out of the hostel. It was super hot down our room. The bathroom smells pretty rank and is humid all the time. Showers are not private (or comfortable) at all, so bring a bathing suit if you don't want to be nude in front of strangers. The bar in the lobby is a good place to meet people, though.

Great atmosphere, met really nice people at the bar and the lounge. A couple of moody staff, but also some fun and helpful ones, like Matt (hope your back is ok!) and a blond girl in the reception (sorry, forgot your name!). Nice room, but not so good matress. The night I arrived, happened a break in in the 40 bed dorm, and a lot of people were stolen.

I just stayed at this hostel for 4 nights in the 40 bed dorm. On the first night there was a massive break-in to the downstairs dorm rooms. I had my camera stolen and some people had their lockers broken into. The 40 bed dorms are located downstairs in the basement with no air circulation and only one set of bathrooms for 80 people(there are two dorms of 40 people that share one set of bathrooms). It constantly smelled terrible in there!

Thank you for your feedback. If you book a 40-bed room you should be aware that you are sharing this room with 39 strangers. Of course we cannot recognize if somebody comes with bad intensions. If somebody leaves their belongings unattended that they may get stolen, which was unfortunately your case. If lockers get broken into of course our insurance will cover the damage. Please be sure that we try our very best to provide maximum safety for our guests. Thanks for your understanding.

The lockers are not secure, one of our lockers were broken into and valuables were stolen. Manager was unsympathetic even though the locker itself is the responsibility of the hostel.

• 6th Jun 2014

Great staff very friendly and go out of their way to help you. The one room I stayed in was a bit weird stuck in a back room but cant complain based on the price.

Thanks for the nice review - it was great having you here! Cheers :)

The only good thing about this hostel is that it is located next to the train station. The 40 bed dorms were located in the basement and smelt of mould. The bathrooms actually have mould growing in them and become so dirty with 80 people using the one girls and one boys bathrooms. You also need to be quite self confident as the shower screens are clear, some of the girls felt that they had to wear their bathers to shower. And a girl that I met had her phone stolen from a padlocked locker!!

• 6th Jun 2014

Thanks a lot for your feedback. The bathrooms in the 40 bed dorm get cleaned twice per day at least but of course things can easily get dirty again if there is 80 people constantly using the showers ;) As for the shower privacy we are totally working on it - should be finished within the next two weeks! We have already contacted the guest whose locker has been broken into and can assure you that our insurance is covering the damage. Happy travels, enjoy the music :)

It is just a place for you to stay. After bathing, water is leaking from shower to the toilet floor and even to the room. Realy terrible. We have no idea of how it could be like that.

Hi and thanks for your comment :) If something is broken in your room please Report it to reception - we will get it repaired as soon as possible and may even be able to arrange for you to move to a different room. Safe travels!

I cant comment on the private rooms, only the dorms

The 40 person room was what you would expect - be warned the bathroom is dirty, humid and shared between both 40 person rooms - so 80 people total. Some of the staff were friendly, but front desk made bad first impression (apathetic, unenthused and not overly helpful). Great location right across from the main train station and about a 15min walk downtown (Marienplatz). Best thing about this place was the people - great atmosphere if you sit in the lobby and just start chatting.

Hey there and thanks for your comment :) We are happy that you liked the atmosphere at Jaeger's! As for the comment about our staff - we just had a talk with him and it seems like he had a really bad day - so sorry about that! The 40 bed dorm is being cleaned at least twice a day but with 80 people constantly using the showers it might get a bit crazy at times - hope you could enjoy the experience anyway :)

I book 40 shared bedroom. I don't expect too much but I pay 21 Euro and should deserve something alright. The 2 main plugs in the bed room is broken, so there is only 1 plug available for whole 40 people there to take turn to charge there electronic stuff. The bathroom is not clean and you can see everyone shower (fitness style). The Wifi has a pool signal you have to go to the reception for better signal.

if you are a girl dont book 40 mix dorm .seriously. unless you don't care drunks around you.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our suitcases wouldn't fit in their lockers so they kindly put them in a locked room; other wise we wouldn't have been able to see much of the city. All so, one gentleman working there told us of some specific sites to see; we especially loved the trip to the top of the church. The breakfast was excellent - we couldn't think of anything that wasn't available.

I just didn't get a good vibe walking through the door. After walking downstairs to what felt like a basement to my room (of 40 beds) it didn't get any better. The rooms were dirty and not much air circulating. I was meant to stay 3 nights and after checking out the next morning (after only one night) the staff didn't even care as to why I was leaving.

The bathrooms were always hot from the see through showers, and there were so many broken things in our room. 40 people had to share 2 working outlets. They eventually fixed the broken outlets, but there still wasn't even one per person. And the rooms felt like you could never achieve any privacy.

The 40 bed mixed room is in the basement (but there are windows along the hall) and that's OK, but the wifi doesn't work well (just near the room entrance) and 2 of 3 power socket spots available for this big room wasn't working - they fixed the night before I left. The bathroom is musty because there is no window there - basement! - but sheets are clean and bed is fine.

I stayed in a 40 bed dorm which I suspected would be crowed and messy however it was beyond what I expected. The smell in the bathrooms would make you dry reach, none of the power point worked, the bed was hard - I hardly showered because the facilities were that dirty

Very good hostel for a two night stay. Facilities were fantastic at a good price. Only problem was the noise from the lockers. I never managed to sleep the second night because people were coming in all night and the lockers made a very loud noise. Would have been fine otherwise.