Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

Not sure why this place gets such bad ratings. I can't speak for the 40 bedroom but I had no problems with this place at all. I've stayed at wombats next door and this is basically every bit as nice. The people I spoke to who stayed in 40 bed didn't mind it. This is a great location for a great price. Staff was nice except for the security guard who was a little rude. Good breakfast. Good bar. Pretty much the exact same thing as Wombats. I would go back here

Wow - thanks for your review! You made our day :)

We knew what we were getting ourselves into when we booked the 40 bed dorm, so if your looking at it, don't expect too much. The rooms are divided into 4 sections with 10 beds in each. There are lockers in the room, but it's a bit tricky to charge your phones without fear of someone stealing them (but we charged them and they weren't stolen) If you sleep with 40 people and in Munich, expect it to be loud and all night. Bring a good set of ear plugs and you will be alright.

I got what was promised and the staff were very friendly. It was also very useful to have the option to purchase or rent hygiene items for a low price. The location just off the main station is perfect. Only issue that I had was the bathrooms could have used some more frequent cleanings (the showers were good, only the toilets were sometimes bad)

• 19th Jun 2014

We spent only one night in the 40 room dorm. For one night it worked perfect for us, close to the city Centre and train station. However, the room was very humid and with 40 people's belongings around it wasn't very comfortable. We were also by the door and hearing everyone come in from partying was loud and at times people would hang around and creep on you while you sleeping. There are only a few plugs for everyone to share and the bathrooms and showers were disgusting.

Hey and thanks for your feedback! Anyway, a 40 bed room is 4 times louder and more crowded than a 10 bed room and even 10 times more than 4 bed dorm :) If you are in need of a quiet night's sleep we would therefore recommend to spend a few more bucks on a smaller dorm... I mean 40 is a BIG number - we basically built up this dorm for people who are on a REAL budget ;) If you feel unhappy in the huge dorm our staff will be happy to upgrade you to a smaller dorm anytime. Happy travels!

Staff was very rude. And they change for everything you do!!! Rip off.

• 15th Jun 2014

Hey there - so super sorry you were not happy with our staff - we will have a word with them, promise. Not quite sure what you mean by rip of though - we take a € 10 deposit for towels and padlocks but the fee is only € 1 per night which could be way worse, right ;) Happy travels!!!

For the price....

I stayed in the 40 bed dorm, which was not great. The showers have zero privacy and the place smells. I got bed bugs staying there, but the staff were really apologetic, upgrading my room, washing my clothes and even refunding me for the gel I got to put on the bites. I was put into a 10 bed dorm, which was great! There is no kitchen at all in this hostel - had to ask every time I wanted hot water, which got old. Overall, staff were great but the hostel is overpriced for what it is.

Many thanks for your feedback - we do remember you quite well and still feel bad about what has happenend to you. Bedbugs can be a problem in any hostel or hotel as travelers bring them from somewhere else - please be sure that we immediately treated the space accordingly and everything is perfectly bedbug-free again. As for the see through showers - we have taken action here and are now working on more privacy - should be ready around next week :) Safe travels!

Had a private two bed with bath. Very clean. Very quiet. Would recommend for older travelers.

We had a double room, the room was next to the elevator and main door way. All night people were making noise so we complained the next day to the staff. They moved us to a much nicer room a few doors down which had a balcony. Not sure why we weren't put there in the first place. Staff were ok. The first room was not clean, but the next one we got was. Atmosphere was good, only because of the football.

Hey and thanks for your review! Unfortunately the hostel was fully booked for the first night of your stay but as you wrote our staff was happy to move you to a different room as soon as we found out that you were not happy. Besides, please feel free to tell our nightshifters whenever there is too much noise around you - they are in charge to Keep the hostel calm at night and will be happy to help you whenever there is drunk rowdies :) Have a great day!

While staying in the 40-person dorm, we caught a thief going through my friend's backpack. Told the front desk people and a woman immediately got the guy out of the hostel. It was super hot down our room. The bathroom smells pretty rank and is humid all the time. Showers are not private (or comfortable) at all, so bring a bathing suit if you don't want to be nude in front of strangers. The bar in the lobby is a good place to meet people, though.

Great atmosphere, met really nice people at the bar and the lounge. A couple of moody staff, but also some fun and helpful ones, like Matt (hope your back is ok!) and a blond girl in the reception (sorry, forgot your name!). Nice room, but not so good matress. The night I arrived, happened a break in in the 40 bed dorm, and a lot of people were stolen.

I just stayed at this hostel for 4 nights in the 40 bed dorm. On the first night there was a massive break-in to the downstairs dorm rooms. I had my camera stolen and some people had their lockers broken into. The 40 bed dorms are located downstairs in the basement with no air circulation and only one set of bathrooms for 80 people(there are two dorms of 40 people that share one set of bathrooms). It constantly smelled terrible in there!

Thank you for your feedback. If you book a 40-bed room you should be aware that you are sharing this room with 39 strangers. Of course we cannot recognize if somebody comes with bad intensions. If somebody leaves their belongings unattended that they may get stolen, which was unfortunately your case. If lockers get broken into of course our insurance will cover the damage. Please be sure that we try our very best to provide maximum safety for our guests. Thanks for your understanding.

The lockers are not secure, one of our lockers were broken into and valuables were stolen. Manager was unsympathetic even though the locker itself is the responsibility of the hostel.

• 6th Jun 2014

Great staff very friendly and go out of their way to help you. The one room I stayed in was a bit weird stuck in a back room but cant complain based on the price.

Thanks for the nice review - it was great having you here! Cheers :)

The only good thing about this hostel is that it is located next to the train station. The 40 bed dorms were located in the basement and smelt of mould. The bathrooms actually have mould growing in them and become so dirty with 80 people using the one girls and one boys bathrooms. You also need to be quite self confident as the shower screens are clear, some of the girls felt that they had to wear their bathers to shower. And a girl that I met had her phone stolen from a padlocked locker!!

• 6th Jun 2014

Thanks a lot for your feedback. The bathrooms in the 40 bed dorm get cleaned twice per day at least but of course things can easily get dirty again if there is 80 people constantly using the showers ;) As for the shower privacy we are totally working on it - should be finished within the next two weeks! We have already contacted the guest whose locker has been broken into and can assure you that our insurance is covering the damage. Happy travels, enjoy the music :)

It is just a place for you to stay. After bathing, water is leaking from shower to the toilet floor and even to the room. Realy terrible. We have no idea of how it could be like that.

Hi and thanks for your comment :) If something is broken in your room please Report it to reception - we will get it repaired as soon as possible and may even be able to arrange for you to move to a different room. Safe travels!

I cant comment on the private rooms, only the dorms

The 40 person room was what you would expect - be warned the bathroom is dirty, humid and shared between both 40 person rooms - so 80 people total. Some of the staff were friendly, but front desk made bad first impression (apathetic, unenthused and not overly helpful). Great location right across from the main train station and about a 15min walk downtown (Marienplatz). Best thing about this place was the people - great atmosphere if you sit in the lobby and just start chatting.

Hey there and thanks for your comment :) We are happy that you liked the atmosphere at Jaeger's! As for the comment about our staff - we just had a talk with him and it seems like he had a really bad day - so sorry about that! The 40 bed dorm is being cleaned at least twice a day but with 80 people constantly using the showers it might get a bit crazy at times - hope you could enjoy the experience anyway :)

I book 40 shared bedroom. I don't expect too much but I pay 21 Euro and should deserve something alright. The 2 main plugs in the bed room is broken, so there is only 1 plug available for whole 40 people there to take turn to charge there electronic stuff. The bathroom is not clean and you can see everyone shower (fitness style). The Wifi has a pool signal you have to go to the reception for better signal.

if you are a girl dont book 40 mix dorm .seriously. unless you don't care drunks around you.

• 4th Jun 2014