Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

this hostel is nice but it is noisy during nights(1st floor is a bar)

Hello out there! We are glad that you liked Jaeger's - if people are partying too loud in the bar please report to reception - the staff are always happy to move you to a higher level if possible. Have a nice day :)

The location of the hostel is literally a 5 minute walk from the main train station which made carrying large backpacks around a whole load easier. The S-Bahn provided convenient links into the centre. The only problem I encountered was the communal showers but they were easy to overcome! The staff were very welcoming, helpful and friendly, the best hostel staff we have encountered both at reception and at the bar! The free welcome shot and happy hour (7-9) were greatly appreciated!

Hey there and kisses for your feedback - you have made our staff super happy :D Hope to see you again! Cheers

Only spent one night there but all went smooth! Staff very helpful and perfect location!

Wifi availability was a joke. With a full hostel, service was pretty much nonexistent. My tablet computer kept offering me wifi from the youth hostel next door, and I wonder if it would have been better. But then again, if that's my worst complaint I can't have found many problems. I was in a room with 3 friends, and it turned out to have bunks, 2 up and 2 down. Not a big deal, but as mature individuals we might have had trouble with the ladders. A warning about this could have been useful

• 19th Jul 2014

Bonjour and thank you for your review and good ratings :) As for bunk beds - they are pretty much standard in hostels. We simply couldn't offer our cheap prices if we had only single beds in the dorms. WiFi might be slow during peak hours in such a big hostel. We already have the best connection available in this area so unfortunately there is nothing more we can do about it - sorry! Cheers :)

It was a nice stay, the beds were clean and it had a good atmosphere. I would reccomend this hostel to a friend.

• 19th Jul 2014

Hello and thanks for your beautiful review :)

The 40 bed dorm was very humid and hot. The showers and toilet had no ventilation and became very muggy and hard to breathe in. There was no soap in any of the toilets. I would not recommend staying the the 40 bed dorm.

Hi there! We are very sorry that you did not feel happy in the big dorm. Please understand that the bathrooms there will undergo bigger renovations during the winter period. Until then, we can only offer the beds of the 40 bed dorm as cheap as possible. If you are still not happy there, please come to reception - we will be happy to arrange for an upgrade. Have a nice day!

I booked the 40 bed mixed dorm. This dorm is located in the basement! I understand that it is budget accommodation but the state of the bathrooms was disgusting!! 6 showers for a possible 80 people (the other 40 bed shares bathroom facilities) the showers had NO curtains! The toilets had no ventilation/ windows.

Hey there and many thanks for your feedback. As far as we know ticks can only be found in the nature and as our dorm is not exactly the forest, we were wondering what has happened and double checked again but couldn't find any. But of course we feel sorry for the inconvenience. Just make sure to report any trouble to reception immediately, we will always find a way to help you. Happy travels!

The Hostel is situated in a very good area- across the road from the main train station (and most bus tour departure points also), and the private double with ensuite was clean (even if there was tough love evident- multiple marks on walls/furniture etc), the staff were efficient but not as friendly as other Hostels in Germany! The area itself is a little rough- there are a few Hostels on the same street so its only natural that opportunists will congregate around this strip.

I stayed in 40 beds dorm, as your image, smell is not good and noisy in the morning,but the price and location is great. I recommened the one who want to stay there, drink a little bit beer before you sleep, it can help you sleep faster.Staff is helpful, they warm me the locker is not safe in 40 beds dorm.

Hello and good day! Please don't worry about the safety of the lockers in the 40 bed dorm - they will work perfectly well with a 40mm padlock. This padlock in combination with a beer at the Jaeger's bar will make you enjoy even such a big dorm. Save the planet.

Stayed in the 40 person dorm room, and it was not nearly as bad as I feared it would be. The beds are sectioned off into four corners and there is a ton of space. The hostel is in a great location, only minutes from the main train station.

Thanks for your Feedback and see you again next summer hopefully :) Take your hobby as your job :)

Too crowded and noisy at night. Very noisy where you can hear ppl partying througout the night.

Hey there and thanks for your review :) To be just a little honest, it makes us happy if our guests are having fun at Jaeger's. If things get too noisy for you and you are staying in a lower floor please ask our receptionists to move you to a higher floor - things can always be managed somehow. Love, Peace and Happiness to the world

Stayed in the 40 bed dorm and had a blast!

Great - thank you :) Absolutely right! IF you are the type for the 40 bed dorm it can really be a blast! Happy day!

I slept in the 40 bed dorm, and the people from the B room could come in the A room (for the showers), but not vice-versa. People have warned me for theft. However you do have a locker. I felt safe. The location is perfect, the staff is so helpful. The bar helps you to meet other people. Great time at Jaeger's!

Hey there - we are happy that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you here again someday :) Happy travels!

There was water damage in our dorm so without asking we were upgraded to a beautiful private suite. Staff was friendly and helpful, it was a great place to stay

Thank you - it was great having you here!! :)

A few ppl were not fond of this hostel but the staff were accomidating where possible. Good location.

Thank you - happy to hear you enjoyed your stay :)

Room was broken into, not all lockers worked. No common area, no fridge. One large room was accessible by other dorm. Toilets smelled pretty bad. Best thing was Matthew the bar men. Bed was fairly uncomfortable. I would recommend not staying

Hey there and thanks for your feedback! Due to some strange German regulations we are unfortunately not allowed to have a guest kitchen as much as we would like to - so sorry! It is quite hard for us to believe that you couldn't find our 100m² common area though :D Anyway, thanks and happy travels!

Great hostel good staff and a great atmosphere

• 9th Jul 2014

Thank you - it was great having you here :) Happy travels!

If you wish to be drunk and get no sleep the entire time you are in Munich, this is the place for you. The dorms are so loud as to prevent all sleep, and both they and the bathroom facilities, which are not very clean, reek of mold. A line forms at reception every morning of people begging for private rooms so they can get a little sleep, and these are not usually available. The bar in the hostel is open to the public, so it is crowded. I would never stay here again.

Booking a 40 bed dorm I did not expect it to be this bad. Atleast no hostel I stay at will be this bad. The only way is up. The bathrroms were so gross, they need ventilation. They smell damp and warm and mouldy. I guess it is a good way of making sure you have a super quick shower because you can't stand the smell!

Hey there, so sorry we don't have character :( No - seriously: the dorm bathrooms will undergo bigger renovations in the winter period. Until then, the only Thing we can do is to offer the beds as cheap as possible. If you are unhappy in the big dorms you are always welcome to come to reception and upgrade. Thank you anyway and have a great day!

The shower situation was pretty sketchy, and there were no outlets for charging phones/iPods anywhere. The beds were old and creaky. The Wi-fi was really cruddy, which made me miss an important message from my father. Overall, I'm glad I only paid 19 Euros, because it wasn't worth any more than that.

Hey there :) You may not believe it, but we do not offer more outlets in the big dorms ON PURPOSE ;) Seriously, you don't want to watch your mobile phone for hours while it is charging and things get stolen easily if unattended in such a big dorm. We have a 24 hour reception with lots of outlets and our staff will be happy to charge your phones or laptops and keep them safe. Peace :)