Jaeger's Munich Reviews

Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 Munchen, Munich, Germany

This hostel was pretty good value. Great location. The dorm was massive so it's only possible to sleep with earplugs. Some people were climbing through the window to access the toilet in our dorm from the opposite dorm... so security was questionable although I kept any valuables in a locker anyway. The door to the room slammed really loudly. I asked about this each day yet nothing was done over the three days I was there. It would have only taken someone a minute to adjust the door closer.

Was suddenly woken up in the middle of the night and told to change beds. Key kept not working as well. Other than that it was a good place

A 40-beddorm, don't expect much from this place, if you can sleep while a bunch of people circulate in front of your bed almost all night long, if you can take a shower and everybody can see your.. whole package, and if you're not afraid to wake everybody up at 4 or 5 O'clock just because you want to pee, then this place is made for you! But because there is not only bad points, the hostel is based near Hauptbahnof, and the common room isn't bad, wouldn't recommend it, but I knew what I paid for

Stayed in the 40 bed dorm which we had low expectations for. Due to this it wasn't as bad as we thought. The location was great easily walkable to centre and for Munich was not a bad price. However the room smelled awful as there isn't much ventilation. There was one power point in our area of the dorm and not many upstairs in the bar which was frustrating. The showers were interesting and don't expect much privacy. We didn't spend much time in the hostel so it was just a bed.

I didn't care for the throw up outside the dorm room . The location was great and it was quieter than I thought it would be. I hated the open showers and dressing area.

• 14th Aug 2014

I liked the overall atmosphere very much. Everyone I interacted with was very pleasant. To top it all off, their wifi is pretty great.

• 14th Aug 2014

We stayed in the forty person dorm B and it was a lot better than I was expecting. It was not too noisy or hot although we did stay mid-week. The bar was great and the happy hour cheap. The staff were also very friendly and helpful with any problems. The wifi was terrible. It had a very small range, none in our dorm, and required logging in every time. The showers were also bad. They were essentially communal. If the wifi was improved and shower curtains added it could be an excellent hostel

Showers had no privacy and lockers had no locks...

Staff were helpful, except for the guy who checked me in he was too busy yawning to be interested in anything it appeared. Tv in my room not work but that doesn't matter! Shower was great bed was super comfy.

Hostel was awesome- great bar, wonderful staff, very close to the station and city centre. Rooms were a little large but we loved this hoatel.

It's a really good hostel, clean rooms and good, helpful fast staff. The position is great, maybe the breakfast is a little bit expensive but is the only think I didn't like.

The hostel was the cheapest we were able to find for that date. The people and place were very loud, but hey this is a cheap hostel. I wasn't very happy about the fact that people who don't sleep at the hostel can't buy drinks after 1am anymore, even if they have been ordering drinks at the bar the whole night... There was quite a scene with one of the guests complaining he got treated like a dog by the barkeeper, which I thought was actually not so far off… Only recommended for short stays!

No kitchen or tea/coffee making facilities.

The 40 bed form was daunting at first but we really enjoyed our stay. They hostel has a bar which was really good for meeting people

Really enjoyed our stay here, really well organised and they seemed to have solutions for everything. Staff were super helpful as well. Only complaint I could possibly think of is the wifi was a bit annoying. Had to fully sign in and out everytime you wanted to use it and it only worked in common area so was a bit of a faff.

Great hostel for backpackers.

Jaegers was so much better than we'd anticipated! We stayed in the 40 bed dorm and it was surprisingly pleasant! The rooms were really clean and i found the beds comfy. As long as you're not near the main door the seperate dorm sections were quiet and dark and we got a good sleep when people were quiet. Showers were in adjacent dorm which we didn't mind because they were a bit grotty. Decent wifi in lobby. Friendly staff. Lockers we're secure with rentable locks. Would recommend if on a budget!

I really didn't like the bathroom:-( It might be OK for men, but not for women. Good things are location, welcome drink and a free tour of Munich!

Toilets and showers were out of order the entire time we were there, had to brush our teeth in a tiny sink in the upstairs loo, not very clean, far too many people in one room for the price you're paying

• 4th Aug 2014

Such a big hostel, many people always going and coming. The stuff was not enough for the amount of guests, and therefore it was difficult to have good information. Close to the station and the city centre.