Jaffa Gate Hostel Reviews

Old City, Jaffa Gate, in front of David's Tower, Jerusalem, Israel

The staff were extremely helpful to me, and spoke English which was also very good. The location at Jaffa Gate couldn't be better, and with two rooftop outside areas to relax and enjoy the views of Jerusalem and the West Bank, my stay was very comfortable and relaxing. The private room I stayed in was amazing in that it is like living in a cave, because of the way it is constructed, and I really enjoyed it because of the natural feel this gave. Highly recommended!

I will never stay there again. There is only one outlet in the room by the door. I had to move the chair over so my phone wouldn't be hanging in the air while charging. There was no wifi in the room as well as no service because the room was like a cave. The bed didn't seem all that clean either. It seemed dusty. It was definitely not worth $55 a night. If it costs more than $20 a night don't stay here

Wow, how many outlets you need in the room?!! next time we will give you a room full of outlets and generators.

Helpful staff and very nice location right at the entrance to the Old City!! Beds not very comfortable and bathroom not clean :( Only very small and basic kitchen but roof terrace with amazing view over the Old Town!

Very friendly and helpful staff, great views across the rooftops of the Old City and a comfortable bed, all for a good value price.

I love the cave room I stayed in. It was beautiful with stone walls that give it an "ancient feel" and quite cozy. The location is about the best there is in the Old City. Everything is near for sight seeing and shopping, and taxis are just steps aways. The staff was friendly and helpful. I think it was a good value for Jerusalem and I would stay there again.

I was a bit disappointed. In my opinon, the hostel was good located, but the kitchen was on the rooftop in not a good shape. Unfortable there wasn't a place to sit down, if is't raining. The bathroom was very small and not in a good shape too. I liked that there was a WLAN available and the personal was informed and likeable.

very knowledgable and friendly staff

The location is just excellent and staffs are very kind. Cleanliness is not as if your were in a 5-star hotel of course, but it's clean enough for the price you pay in an expensive city like Jerusalem. The only problem was that the hot water was not hot enough, so taking a shower in that room without heater on December was quite hard. But it's part of a trip.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Japan

Very friendly & helpful staff!! All sights of the Old City are close to the Jaffa Gate Hostel. You can sit on the roof & enjoy a nice views over the Old City! Variety of restaurants (breakfast, lunch, dinner) are located around the corner. (Common kitchen provided in the hostel.) Just 10 minutes walk to the Tram station!

We stayed here for 2 nights. We stayed in a 5-bed dorm which had old bed sheets and old smell. Dorm did not have windows. Great view in the terrace though.

The staff was very friendly and the place beautiful. Thank you very much!

You always welcome Suvi :)))

It is a good safe place in the Old City, and I like it there.

• 8th Oct 2014