Jaffa Gate Hostel Reviews

Old City, Jaffa Gate, in front of David's Tower, Jerusalem, Israel

The receptionist works well, but he's only there from 09hs to 20hs. The shared apartments have windows, are very tight, ventilated bad, the beds are not comfortable. Lack outlets to charge cell. The showers are bad too. The only advantage is the fact that it is very well located.

Great place to stay just inside the old city. The owners are more than happy to help with anything that you might need. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone that is traveling to Jerusalem.

Thanks Tyler, we miss you at the jaffa gate hostel, hope to see you again :)

I liked Jaffa Gate hostel enough to stay there there on two separate occasions. The location cannot be beat. It is located within the walls of the Old City. Cleanliness was average for a hostel, although there was a noticeable smell in my room/bathroom that was somewhat bothersome. Everything looked clean enough though. The staff is excellent. The two men who work the front desk were very helpful with any questions I had about the city.

• 6th Jan 2016

The rooms were really cold, I wish there was a heater in the rooms in the winter. The bedding kind of smelled like wet socks, that should be addressed also. It would be nice to have wifi in the rooms. The staff is nice and helpful however and it's really good location.

Welcoming and friendly. Great location for the old city.

The 1-person room really has no window.

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Poland

The staff made this hostel amazing. Noor and Hasan were so insightful and generous with their time and advice. They told me the easiest and cheapest way to do everything, especially traveling from town to town in the area. They checked the news before we went out to make sure that there was nothing dangerous going on. They took our safety as their concern even beyond the walls of the hostel. The rooms were very nice and peaceful. I will stay here again next time I'm in Jerusalem.

Great location and very friendly staff - very helpful! Bathroom in dorms is not very private - I stayed by myself so it wasnt a problem. I'd expect more cleaning - not only floors and sheets. Kitchen is not very "friendly". Poorly equiped and not very clean - that was a disappointment but in general I'd recommend this place in absolutely perfect location!

I was impressed by all my dealings with the hostel - they were prompt, friendly and extremely helpful.

• 13th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Excellent and very helpful staff at this hostel. Considering it was low season, the atmosphere was quite relaxed but very appropriate given the location. Definitely worth staying at if you want to invest a great deal of time In the old city

Thanks Isaac we looking forward seeing you again !!!

Great staff, great location. The only bad thing, that it was a bit cold but we got warm blankets. All in all we had a great time there. Thanks a lot.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Hungary

I spent couple of nights in this hostel, being annoyed by almost open bathroom in the room, i.e.being woken up by peeing of my room mates, could not breathe because of lots of dust from the walls, dirty room, not sure about clean bed sheets, no window in my room and it was so cold, that I had to steel the two free blankets in the room. My general impression was not good and btw there are better roof tops in Jerusalem Old city. If you can afford paying few more shekkels a bed, stay somewhere else

When you choose to stay in Dorms with other room mates you need to expect all kind of people otherwise stay in a private room.

excellent location within the old town, with view of the holy sepulchre church, nice and friendly staff. Rooms very basic - shower does not have a curtain, but that's only to be expected in this part of the world:) no heating, was still ok in end of October but I believe it must be very cold in winter

Thank you for a very warm welcome and help with anything I needed. The hostel was an excellent start to a stay in the area.

• 8th Oct 2015

This is a basic hostel but it is good value for money and the staff are friendly and helpful. It's location is superb.

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Afghanistan

I have stayed in Jerusalem many times since 1999, and most of the time at the Jaffa Gate Hostel. It has an excellent location, the staff is friendly and helpful. It is kept clean, and the value for my money is very good. It is a hostel ... so cannot be equated with a hotel - but it is a very good hostel - so I will return there the next time I am in Jerusalem.

Greatest location and great staff. Wish there was air conditioning

It was a perfect stay for me! I dont think there is a better located hostel in Jerusalem. Really nice staff who try to make your stay as comfortable as it could be. I'll come back :)

• 14th Aug 2015