Jaffa Gate Hostel Reviews

Old City, Jaffa Gate, in front of David's Tower, Jerusalem, Israel

The staff was very friendly and the place beautiful. Thank you very much!

You always welcome Suvi :)))

It is a good safe place in the Old City, and I like it there.

• 8th Oct 2014

in the center in front of David Citadel - view on the dome of the rock from the terrace - upstairs a kitchen. Hard mattress in room 1 - good for my back ;-) No alcohol in the hotel - you can have a beer outside ;-) the blankets should be changed regularly... nice staff - do not get into conversation with the people outside: you´ll come back with lots of nice things like precious stones and less money ;-) helpful staff - modest but quite perfect

Great staff, very helpful and willing to offer advice. Definitely, the receptionist made the stay pleasant experience.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

The hostel was a pleasant experience for me. The staff was very nice and helpful, the location was breathtaking and practical for getting to the holy sites by foot! I stayed in the 5-Bed dorm yet the next time I will upgrade to the private up stairs due to more space and windows.

The location and the staff are excellent. Otherwise, it is pretty basic. After all, visiting Jerusalem is not necessarily about comfort, right?

Worst hostel ive ever stayed at for cleanliness: my bed was against a mouldy wall, dirty blanket, no window or ventilation, smelled damp. The 'ensuite' was broken brown glass panelled doors inside the room (open top so everybody can hear you) with the dirtiest grouting, brown stained shower tray, no holder for the shower head. On the first day was having a shower, felt something itchy on my leg and looked down to see a cockroach the size of my thumb climbing over my foot! Great location though.

It's nothing fancy but if all you need is a place to sleep then it's perfect. The location is awesome and the guys who own the place are really great. The view from the roof is beautiful.

Great location. Great price, for Jerusalem. A bit worn around the edges. No maid service during stay (tho' room was clean at the start). No soap in the room.

• 30th May 2014

I didnt feel very comfortable but I was only staying in one of the dorms. I am sure the private rooms are much nicer. beautiful roof terrace although not very cosy. I dont think I would come back. Its not a good place for meeting up with other travellers

We enjoyed our stay very much. Staff were very courteous and helpful.

• 25th May 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

I loved my stay at the Jaffa Gate Hostel!! The staff was wonderful, friendly, and helpful! I felt safe here and really enjoyed my stay. The accommodations were exactly what I needed and in a perfect location! I stayed in the ladies group room and it was good for me. I will stay here again :)

• 21st May 2014

Very nice hostel

• 20th May 2014
  • China

We have been at the hostel for two nights. In room 11. The room was awful. There were NO WINDOWS in the room!!! From what I saw other rooms didn't have windows as well. The room was also very humid, too crowded and dirty. The towels has to be paid. WIFI is not available anywhere except in the lobby. Positive side of the hostel is that it is situated at great position and the staff is really friendly. Unfortunately this is not enough to recommend this hostel to anyone.

Ante, you are staying in the old city - choosing the cheapest option in the hostel (Dorms) - in a great Location for few shekels so do not expect a 7 stars hotel, thats our hostel, and majority says its the best.

Very nice location - close to the major sightseeing.

Don't stay in the dom, it wasn't nice.

You are right, next time stay in a private room its very nice :)

The only problem was that there were times i didn't sow the staff member at the desk so i didn't have people to ask. second is there was only one member from the two who could answer questions the second member didn't knew the answers.

• 8th May 2014
  • Israel

Did Hostelworld ask you to find out a problem of this hostel to win a prize!!, you gave us a high review and saying the only problem is... what about the good things?!! anyway you are always welcome.

Truely excellent location! :) Nothing special though, rather noisy, smelly, but worth th money. Recommended, if you prefer the location.

The level of humidity in each room is really disgusting. I had difficulty to breath at night. The drain was blocked in the ladies shower and the guy at the reception didin't care much. The front dore of the hostel is not locked. And if you take a dorm be advised that the shower and toilet are in the room with half walls causing a lot of humidity and very low intimacy. The location is good because it is close to touristic site but far to go to restaurant and way too expensive for actual value.

• 28th Apr 2014

nonsense, you are not welcome Marieve Carrier

Room was poor to average for a hostel, but mattress was disgusting. Slept in own liners! Basic but very central in old city. Staff was nice and helpful.

I think the mattress was disgusting after you used it.