Jaffa Gate Hostel

Fabulous 764 Total Reviews
Fabulous 764 Total Reviews

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
21st Feb 2017

Wifi not available in our room, only on the ground floor. Rooms unheated (in winter), but there was a little heater in the room. Warm and cold water connected in the wrong way. Took some time to figure this out.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
17th Feb 2017

Staff was great, they helped me with my questions and my plans. Overall stay was good.

7th Feb 2017
4.0

This hostel is not clean, the blankets in the room is dirty and smelly. The bed contain a hard wood and a thin pat on the top. The lobby chairs looks like it haven't been clean for years. Gross!

7th Feb 2017
4.0

Jaffa gate hostel made me felt like living in 15th century just like Jaffa Gate, the facility is very dirty, the blankets and Beding are from 1990, There are no heaters in two rooms we stayed, I have to wear all my clothes to bed first night, because the staffs didn't offer the portable heater to us @ check in, until I asked next day, the wifi signal is very weak, the staff are more interested to sell me share ride to airport than care about the guest.

• USA, Female, 41+
1st Feb 2017

The hosts are very friendly, hospitable, and kind. They were also very responsive and helpful regarding answering requests and advising me about the local culture and sights. I felt safe here, and the location was great.

31st Jan 2017

Jaffa Gate Hostel was a great location. Also, the insides of the hostel looked like caves, it was very cozy. Also, the manager was so helpful with our travels. We had a rental car and he gave us very precise directions on how to drive to the dead sea, masada, Ein Gedi, and dead sea scrolls. The wifi didn't work in our room, but it kind of added to the feel of sleeping in cave 2000 years ago. There's a great sitting area where the wifi works perfecting though. We enjoyed our stay.

• dianacerbu6969
  • Germany, Female, 31-40
24th Jan 2017

I was there with my boyfriend at the end of January and we had a double room. It was small but very clean. The weather was very cold, but they provide us a heater, which was great. Don't expect luxury, but a good place to sleep inside the old city, close to the Jaffa Gate. On a small street, thus it is quite. The place you want to be in Jerusalem! The stuff is very friendly and gave us useful advice! We arrived also during the night, which was not a problem! Overall a very good experience!

• USA, Couple, 41+
25th Dec 2016

No hot water

• Italy, Female, 25-30
24th Dec 2016

The location is great! Right where you want to be in the old city. The hostel has an old charm, with stone cavernous walls; includes kitchen facilities, wifi, lounges, and a stunning rooftop view of old city Jerusalem. And the staff... Amazing! Nur was very friendly and resourceful with general knowledge and whatever you need. Buy their Massada Dead Sea tour package...I had an incredible experience using their preferred tour company! I can't wait to come back!

23rd Dec 2016

The staff was incredibly helpful and understanding and the location is great. Would definitely recommend staying here.