Jaffa Gate Hostel Reviews

Old City, Jaffa Gate, in front of David's Tower, Jerusalem, Israel

it was a lovely hostel with staff that go out of their way to help you as much as they can, noor was especially nice

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Overall, the staff was courteous and helpful. Room were okay, but I understand the establishment is old. I'd recommend coffee/tea service in the morning in the lobby. Location is great; I would recommend this hostel to friends.

• 10th Jun 2015

loved this place! location is superb, staff are great and the view from the roof is something very special. If i could recommend one improvement it would be to upgrade the curtains.

We had a great stay at the Jaffa Gate Hostel. The location is superb and the staff very lovely and helpful, offering good advice and recommendations. Our room was probably the best, with a good view over the old city. The bed was comfy and the towels were big. There was a fridge in the room and a small kitchen across the hall, which was good to fix brekky in the mornings. The floor wasn't very clean, but the rest of the room was, so not a problem. We'd stay there again on our next visit.

• 13th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The staff were all so gracious. Thanks Jaffa Gate Hostel. I will be back and will recommend you to my friends!

• 12th Apr 2015

Thanks Bettejo...C u Next time :)

Well located just inside old city but manages to feel like a little oasis. You will meet other travellers who are happy to chat about their experiences. This is a budget hostel so don't expect palatial and you will be happy enough. The women's dorm of 3 beds beds is in needs updating. Rooms downstairs in the cave have just been renovated and feel very historical and pretty romantic, however they have no windows so if you like fresh air opt for a private room upstairs.

The cleanliness and condition of the room, bathroom and kitchen has been miserable. We had to ask for fresh bedlinen and towels. Our room had neither a chair nor hooks or wardrobe for wet towels. The floor was dirty. The mattress has been good, also the location is excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful, but in total not worth 110 Dollars - without breakfast.

• 29th Mar 2015

we can't satisfy all guests, but we try harder, the hostel is very clean but maybe you thought that you booked a 5 stars hotel not a hostel, but you still welcome.

The staff were extremely helpful to me, and spoke English which was also very good. The location at Jaffa Gate couldn't be better, and with two rooftop outside areas to relax and enjoy the views of Jerusalem and the West Bank, my stay was very comfortable and relaxing. The private room I stayed in was amazing in that it is like living in a cave, because of the way it is constructed, and I really enjoyed it because of the natural feel this gave. Highly recommended!

I will never stay there again. There is only one outlet in the room by the door. I had to move the chair over so my phone wouldn't be hanging in the air while charging. There was no wifi in the room as well as no service because the room was like a cave. The bed didn't seem all that clean either. It seemed dusty. It was definitely not worth $55 a night. If it costs more than $20 a night don't stay here

Wow, how many outlets you need in the room?!! next time we will give you a room full of outlets and generators.

Helpful staff and very nice location right at the entrance to the Old City!! Beds not very comfortable and bathroom not clean :( Only very small and basic kitchen but roof terrace with amazing view over the Old Town!