Jaffa Gate Hostel Reviews

Old City, Jaffa Gate, in front of David's Tower, Jerusalem, Israel

The staff was very friendly and the place beautiful. Thank you very much!

You always welcome Suvi :)))

It is a good safe place in the Old City, and I like it there.

• 8th Oct 2014

in the center in front of David Citadel - view on the dome of the rock from the terrace - upstairs a kitchen. Hard mattress in room 1 - good for my back ;-) No alcohol in the hotel - you can have a beer outside ;-) the blankets should be changed regularly... nice staff - do not get into conversation with the people outside: you´ll come back with lots of nice things like precious stones and less money ;-) helpful staff - modest but quite perfect

Great staff, very helpful and willing to offer advice. Definitely, the receptionist made the stay pleasant experience.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

The hostel was a pleasant experience for me. The staff was very nice and helpful, the location was breathtaking and practical for getting to the holy sites by foot! I stayed in the 5-Bed dorm yet the next time I will upgrade to the private up stairs due to more space and windows.

The location and the staff are excellent. Otherwise, it is pretty basic. After all, visiting Jerusalem is not necessarily about comfort, right?

Worst hostel ive ever stayed at for cleanliness: my bed was against a mouldy wall, dirty blanket, no window or ventilation, smelled damp. The 'ensuite' was broken brown glass panelled doors inside the room (open top so everybody can hear you) with the dirtiest grouting, brown stained shower tray, no holder for the shower head. On the first day was having a shower, felt something itchy on my leg and looked down to see a cockroach the size of my thumb climbing over my foot! Great location though.

It's nothing fancy but if all you need is a place to sleep then it's perfect. The location is awesome and the guys who own the place are really great. The view from the roof is beautiful.

Great location. Great price, for Jerusalem. A bit worn around the edges. No maid service during stay (tho' room was clean at the start). No soap in the room.

• 30th May 2014

I didnt feel very comfortable but I was only staying in one of the dorms. I am sure the private rooms are much nicer. beautiful roof terrace although not very cosy. I dont think I would come back. Its not a good place for meeting up with other travellers

We enjoyed our stay very much. Staff were very courteous and helpful.

• 25th May 2014