Jaffa Gate Hostel Reviews

Old City, Jaffa Gate, in front of David's Tower, Jerusalem, Israel

I love the cave room I stayed in. It was beautiful with stone walls that give it an "ancient feel" and quite cozy. The location is about the best there is in the Old City. Everything is near for sight seeing and shopping, and taxis are just steps aways. The staff was friendly and helpful. I think it was a good value for Jerusalem and I would stay there again.

I was a bit disappointed. In my opinon, the hostel was good located, but the kitchen was on the rooftop in not a good shape. Unfortable there wasn't a place to sit down, if is't raining. The bathroom was very small and not in a good shape too. I liked that there was a WLAN available and the personal was informed and likeable.

very knowledgable and friendly staff

The location is just excellent and staffs are very kind. Cleanliness is not as if your were in a 5-star hotel of course, but it's clean enough for the price you pay in an expensive city like Jerusalem. The only problem was that the hot water was not hot enough, so taking a shower in that room without heater on December was quite hard. But it's part of a trip.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Japan

Very friendly & helpful staff!! All sights of the Old City are close to the Jaffa Gate Hostel. You can sit on the roof & enjoy a nice views over the Old City! Variety of restaurants (breakfast, lunch, dinner) are located around the corner. (Common kitchen provided in the hostel.) Just 10 minutes walk to the Tram station!

We stayed here for 2 nights. We stayed in a 5-bed dorm which had old bed sheets and old smell. Dorm did not have windows. Great view in the terrace though.

The staff was very friendly and the place beautiful. Thank you very much!

You always welcome Suvi :)))

It is a good safe place in the Old City, and I like it there.

• 8th Oct 2014

in the center in front of David Citadel - view on the dome of the rock from the terrace - upstairs a kitchen. Hard mattress in room 1 - good for my back ;-) No alcohol in the hotel - you can have a beer outside ;-) the blankets should be changed regularly... nice staff - do not get into conversation with the people outside: you´ll come back with lots of nice things like precious stones and less money ;-) helpful staff - modest but quite perfect

Great staff, very helpful and willing to offer advice. Definitely, the receptionist made the stay pleasant experience.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

The hostel was a pleasant experience for me. The staff was very nice and helpful, the location was breathtaking and practical for getting to the holy sites by foot! I stayed in the 5-Bed dorm yet the next time I will upgrade to the private up stairs due to more space and windows.