Fabulous 3,253 Total Reviews
Fabulous 3,253 Total Reviews
Jailhouse Accommodation Christchurch Located at 338 Lincoln Rd, Addington, Christchurch, Christchurch.
New Zealand
Christchurch Canterbury 8024 338 Lincoln Rd, Addington, Christchurch
86% 3253
-43.5430112 172.6134753
    Rooms available

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
18th Sep 2016
8.0

Jailhouse was great and with full facilities that I required during the period of my stay in Christchurch. Warden was very friendly, flexible & gave good recommendation on travel route. Thank you for having me.

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
18th Sep 2016
6.3

Cool hostel to stay in for the building, wifi isn't great as signal isn't strong, proberly due to the concrete walls...but its fine in front lounge area. Hostel isn't doesn't have much of an atmosphere when I was there, most people seemed to be travelling in groups rather than individuals. Could be great in the right circumstances.

• USA, Male, 25-30
10th Sep 2016

Amazing staff, very helpful and located in a nice out of the way spot in Christchurch. I will be staying again!

• Japan, Female, 25-30
1st Sep 2016
7.1

They don't have security box in the dorm room only in the common space. It was no good staying dorm room. But I recommend for another people, the place is quite handy and staff are so helpful.

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hostel. The 6 bed dorm that you were staying in does have lockers and they are big enough to accommodate a backpack. You just need your own padlock to secure it. We have padlocks for sale in reception if a guest does not have their own. We also have $2 lockers available in our lower atrium area as another option. Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you in Jail again soon! Kind regards, The Jailhouse Team

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
31st Aug 2016

The Jailhouse was very different to anywhere we had stayed before but we really liked it! The room was clean but pretty small- perfect for our one night stay. We slept really well because it was so quiet and the bed was comfortable. The shared shower/ toilet areas were really clean.

• England, Female, 18-24
29th Aug 2016
7.7

Great building and original theme and idea, but everything else was pretty average. The wifi didn't reach to the room, the showers ran cold. The opening times for reception were unavailable so when I turned up and rang the bell I woke somebody up - awkward.

27th Aug 2016

Nice place to stay in Christchurch. Not in the center of town but you can walk there in 20 min or so. I was there in winter so not much of an atmosphere. Most people just passing through.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
26th Aug 2016

Cool that it is an old jail. Only thing is my wallet got stolen here although it is

15th Aug 2016
8.0

Very good! I would stay there again. I only enjoyed a brief incarceration this time.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
15th Aug 2016

I love jailhouse, I have stayed here on four separate occasions. The historical building is amazing and the rooms/kitchen/shared guest lounge are clean. I'm worried about the cleanliness of the bathrooms though. It seems to have declined.

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hostel. We're so sorry to hear about your partner being unwell during your last stay with us. Our bathrooms get an intensive and thorough clean every day and as you noticed they are also checked, restocked and if necessary cleaned again throughout the day and evening. We really strive to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness in all areas of our hostel and we encourage guests to let staff know straight away if the bathrooms need attention- we hope you were able to alert them on that day. Once again thank you for your valuable feedback.