Jailhouse Accommodation Christchurch Reviews

338 Lincoln Rd, Addington, Christchurch, Christchurch, New Zealand

Very cold in room, was nice that they provided hot water bottles & extra duvets :) but the room itself with its wooden floors was freezing. Room was tiny - aware of the Jail cell atmosphere but for a higher price than the other hostels I had stayed in Chch for the same type of private room I didn't think it was value for money at all & in all honesty wished I had picked somewhere else. I understand the "unique" vibe to the place & it does promote itself well, it just wasn't suitable for me.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Staff were brilliant - very positive, upbeat and helpful. The front area was very warm but the rooms were freezing - even though the heating was apparently on (I spoke to a couple of others who agreed as well). Also the security, while ok, was not quite as good as I was expecting.

This hostel is great! Clean, warm and super cool.

• 27th Aug 2015

This is a very quirky and interesting place and defo worth a visit. I arrived very late from a flight but they emailed instructions on 'how to break into jail' and the key was waiting for me when I arrived. The location seemed quite out of town as 20-30 mins walk to shopping centre and bus stop but guess it depends what your after. It's certainly the safest place I've ever stayed!!!

cool place. I liked the old jail feel. the room was nice, however our bed was very squeaky (lol) not due to too much sexy time Otherwise we had a great time. Benjamin & Gesche

• 19th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Hi Benjamin & Gesche, Thank you for the great rating and for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We're glad to hear you had a great time in Jail but we are so sorry that you had a problem with the bed. Because they have metal frames, every now and again they may need the joints oiling and the screws tightening up. Your review has prompted us to check all of our beds and carry out any appropriate maintenance. Thanks again for your valuable feedback, The Jailhouse team

We had a great stay in jail! Great facilities and the novelty of being in a prison for the night! It's a little walk from the centre of town but there's plenty of food etc nearby. The other inmates were all pretty friendly too.

Helpful staff. Good location. Facilities generally good but video system in room needs upgrading. Clean but area where rooms come off needs has a smell and needs airing and better heating in rooms. Other facilities were great.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

It's a nice place and the staff were friendly and helpful. But there isn't much to warrant a $10 higher price than other hostels, other than the novelty factor! E location I thought was a bit seedy and quite a walk from town.

• 11th Aug 2015

I would not give excellent as there wouldn't' be any incentive to improve.I was very impressed Just the same.

• 9th Aug 2015

Really cool hostel. Quite far from the city centre but there is lots of entertainment options on site. The staff were extremely generous in helping me plan and book my activities. Facilities were very clean and the showers were great-consistently hot! Thanks for the great stay.

It has novelty factor. Great for backpackers & young people , we were definitely the oldest 'inmates'.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Are great unique place to stay

• 1st Aug 2015

Arrived late and only stayed the night so didn't get a true feel for the place. Would like to go back. Great beds and nice and warm!

Friendly staff and clean facility?

• 20th Jul 2015

Great Staff, both girls I spoke with at the front desk were helpful and friendly. It was a perfect location as well to walk to see the All Blacks at AMI Stadium

excellent atmosphere,just like the real thing!! child friendly which is KA PAI!

• 12th Jul 2015

An okay hostel with a cool history. The only problem is that it does get REALLY cold in the winter. No heaters in the individual rooms, although the hostel does try to help by providing thick blankets and a hot water bottle. Just be warned about the temperature in winter.

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to rate our hostel. It's great to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay! We're sorry to hear that you felt cold in Jail. Our communal lounge is kept warm and toasty at all times with a gas heater and the guest rooms have central heating, set to come on at the coldest times of day and night. We also provide hot water bottles and extra duvets in all rooms. Thanks again for your valuable feedback

overall it was a good hostel but i wont stay there again in winter as the place has no heating. thank you

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Malta

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to rate our hostel. It's great to hear that you really enjoyed our facilities! We're sorry to hear that you felt cold in Jail. Our communal lounge is kept warm and toasty at all times with a gas heater and the guest rooms have central heating, set to come on at the coldest times of day and night. We also provide hot water bottles and extra duvets in all rooms. Thanks again for your valuable feedback

Amazing place. Great staff. Bed was pretty uncomfortable . Otherwise we enjoyed our stay. Would recommend to friends for something a bit different :-)

• 11th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Really nice hostel, I just stayed one night but I will definitely come back if I go ever back to Christchurch. The facilities of the hostel are amazing!! It's so cool to sleep wondering what type of prisoner was sleeping in your room years ago lol. The guy at the reception was very friendly!! There were even people checking in super late and he was really nice. And the price was excellent considering I was just sharing my room with one person.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6