Jailhouse Accommodation Christchurch Reviews

338 Lincoln Rd, Addington, Christchurch, Christchurch, New Zealand

The cleanest hostel I've stayed at by far! :)

• 6th Mar 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the jailhouse. It's an amazing piece of history well preserved. Great coffee, friendly staff, good facilities. I was really impressed with the kitchen facilities. The first night sleep was unexpectedly peaceful. The doors opening and closing in the middle of the night was very authentically eerie which didn't bother me. The Wairua (spirit) of the place was very calm. I'm sure many a prayer were spoken within those walls. Definitely stay again. Kia Ora.

Not surprisingly for an ex-jail, the security was excellent. The super-thick walls and door kept all the sounds out so you are guaranteed a quiet night's sleep.

I definitely expected more of this hostel. There were no activities going on and the location is not central at all. It was clean, but I had definitely more modern looking bathrooms in other cheaper hostels. The room ( 6 bed ) was at least nice and there was enough place for the luggage.

Interesting new experience