Jailhouse Accommodation Christchurch Reviews

338 Lincoln Rd, Addington, Christchurch, Christchurch, New Zealand

Dormir dans une ancienne prison un gros délire ! Propre, personnel sympa et qui vous aide si vous avez n'importe quelle questions j'y reviendrais avec grand plaisir !

Quirky place to stay which is still very true to its original jail history. It is aclean and has a good book swap section. Wifi was good and the staff member on the desk was very friendly. It is a really good idea that each bed is allocated a box in the kitchen to store their food. The hostel is a 20-30 minute walk from the botanical gardens/ naked bus stop.

Very nice hotel. Very different. Would recommend it

I feel like I was ripped off. Especially since I had stayed in a way nicer and cheaper facility at the YMCA. The Jailhouse Accomidation didn't let me cancel my booking since I had booked it within 24 hrs of my stay and I had no choice to cancel. They charged me for two beds because the room I stayed in sleeps 2. I hadn't asked for my own room and it's definitely not my fault that they couldn't book another person. They only give you 500MB of Internet. I wouldn't recommend it.

• 11th Feb 2015

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hostel. Your booking was made online and it clearly state before you go ahead and confirm that we require 24hrs notice for a cancellation otherwise we need to charge for the night as we are not guaranteed to be able to resell the room at such short notice. This is in line with most accommodation across NZ. Also when you click on 'room type' it says that if you wish to book this room for one person you must book both beds in the room. Thanks again.

We really enjoyed ou stay. The people working at the main desk were so nice, friendly and helpfull. Again, I just have good words fot all the team at Jailhouse ! Mario P

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Nice and clean (even smelt clean when you walked in!) Excellent showers, nice and hot. Bit far from town without a car. Would recommend a friend to stay.

The hostel was pretty warm inside, despite Christchurch being pretty cold. As it was a jail the room doors were pretty heavy, the rooms a little cramped but they were also bright, well light and comfortable. Did not feel like a prison at all. The toilets were a tight fit - had to sit sideways in order to shut the door.

We thought that the hostel offered a very usual stay given that it was a refurbished jail that only had closed in 1999. The staff got into the mood of the prison atmosphere and all references to you were as if you were a prisoner coming to do your time. Very friendly and helpful and always there to give you guidance for tours etc. Would highly recommend.

• 5th Feb 2015

One of the best hostel I've ever stayed!! Definitely word to go here! Great staff, clean and the hostel is amazing!!

Best place to stay in Christchurch if you are on a budget. And even if you are not!

• 3rd Feb 2015