Jailhouse Accommodation Christchurch Reviews

338 Lincoln Rd, Addington, Christchurch, Christchurch, New Zealand

Excellent stay. Only stayed one night and the bed was comfortable, hostel was quiet, and it was clean. Extra bonus being the history of the building making it a unique experience!

Nice Hostel but nowadays everybody just needs an own locker. Furthermore the shower could really be renewed and the toilets are so small that its hard to close the doorr while standing in front of the toilet.

Thank you for rating our hostel and we're glad to hear that overall you liked being in Jail. We do have lockers in the dorm but we're thinking that maybe on the night you stayed, perhaps someone had a lot of luggage and used two lockers. We do have extra $2 lockers in our atrium and our staff are always happy to store valuable items in our office for a short time. We generally get great feedback about the fantastic pressure of our showers and cleanliness of our bathrooms. Thanks again

It used to be a jail, which obviously adds to the atmosphere. All the facilities were great, and I loved the shower water pressure. The location is fine, but it's quite a walk to the city, although it was fine for our short stay. My only complaint is that the wifi seems pricey. Overall, it was cool to stay in a jail, and if I ever find myself in Christchurch again, I would probably come back to the jail.

A great hostel: nice and clean and had good facilities. Only drawbacks are limited car larks (about 10) and only 1 hour free wifi.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to rate our hostel. You'll be pleased to hear that we have recently installed a new wifi provider and we are in a position to offer a a lot more free data with a complimentary 500mb voucher at check in and competitive pricing for buying further vouchers ($5 for 5GB/ $10 for 15GB) The car park can often be busy when we are full but there are extra spaces just opposite by the railings. Kind regards The Jailhouse team

Two cinema rooms are great! Only annoyance we had were two guys in our dorm getting up before 6 every day and making loads of noise, waking everyone else up.

Very fun! Rooms are nice and general atmosphere is fantastic. Don't be scared off by "Jailhouse" title

Lack of free wifi was the only downfall.

• 28th Nov 2014

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to rate our hostel and we're glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. You'll be pleased to hear that we have recently installed a new wifi provider and we are in a position to offer a a lot more free data with a complimentary 500mb voucher at check in and competitive pricing for buying further vouchers ($5 for 5GB/ $10 for 15GB) We hope to see you in Jail again soon! Kind regards, The Jailhouse team

I'd thought the name was just a gimmick! The reality was a delightful surprise. If I had a single suggestion for what to do better I'd say only this: Paint the room numbers on the door in foot tall digits. Currently the numbers are tiny and difficult to identify - on two occasions someone mistakenly tried to enter my room thinking it their own, and while I was marvelling at this I did exactly the same thing to someone else's room! The doors are, by legacy, a bit faceless and uniform.

• 25th Nov 2014