Jalan-Jalan Besi Reviews

14, Jalan Tukang Besi, Melaka, Malaysia

Excellent hostel and atmosphere. Host was kind, helpful and informative. Would stay again and also recommend.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Jalan Jalan is probably my favourite hostel experience in Asia. It's an awesome place - relaxing, friendly and chilled out. I have great memories from my time there and recommend the place. It's basic and comfortable and there is a great, friendly common area and the staff are helpful nice.

The worst thing about this place was the bed bugs. Otherwise, quiet and good location. Insist on a room with a window! I stayed in the annex to the main Jalan Jalan, and I would say it is too quiet, likely because there are no staff. Free coffee but no water. One shower for entire building, but I never had problems.

Thanks for your feedback Please inform us if you have problem with the room. We would've changed your room as you also extended your stay without any comments, we thought it was all good. Anyhow room has now been checked n cleared We don't understand your comment about it being quiet, the guest house was nearly full during your stay and there're 2 showers not 1 to be shared by 5 rooms which is enough. Hot drinking water is provided so that's another comment that's not understood

It's so good that i'm still here ! :D

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Peru

A very simple and nice hostel, good atmosphere , nice people, friendly staff and free coffee and tea :-) Perfect!

• 29th Jul 2014

Stayed here for a few nights and would have stayed longer if we could. Staff was very helpful and hostel is located very near all the main city sites.

The hostel was two thumbs up for me :)

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Very nice and kind staff!

I had a really good time at this hostel. Great location close to Jonker St and easy to walk to all of Melaka's main attractions. The common areas in both hostels are really great places to meet fellow travelers. I'd stay again!

Planned to stay 2 nights but ended up staying for a week. The guesthouse (and Melaka) was just the perfect place for me to recharge. It was quiet, clean and conveniently located.

• 26th May 2014

All good ! :-)

Great host! Very friendly, nice atmosphere.

I went there with my girlfriend. The room was good and clean. However, the staff was invisible and we were totally on our own for advises or anything. The place is right inside Chinatown, easy to find.

Excellent location in the middle of Chinatown and very helpful staff.

I stay there for 2 nights and I was bites by the mosquito, a lot of mosquito in the toilet and i didn't see any staff do very good cleaning.

Nice air con rooms with en suite. Close to the centre of town every where is walking distance. Tea and coffee included. Comfortable common area and bikes avaialabe

Highly recommend it to travellers. Stragic location. Nice people around.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Warning: not suitable for who has no experience with hostels! As well as those are born to be moving taget for mosquitoes (like me). Very basic but quite worth for the money considering the location. If you are looking for something like home then this is the wrong place, but a lovely shutter in those black-and-white pictures. daff are very friendly and helpful, shower and wifi is good. No cold drinking water provided but there is a small fridge so you can put your own drink there.

• 25th Feb 2014