Jalan-Jalan Besi Reviews

14, Jalan Tukang Besi, Melaka, Malaysia

Loved the staff, you can rent a bike pretty cheap, staff will help you with everything, atmosphere was genius. If you're planning on staying in Melaca, Jalan Jalan is definetly recommendable - especially for backpackers.

This hostel is great and with a wonderful vibe! Staff is very friendly, there are facilities like renting a bike (5MR for your whole stay), you can do laundry here as well and they have a hot shower if you need one. The dorm was very comfortable as well as the common area. Another asset is being located in the center of the Malaka UNESCO heritage area.

Got a bunch of flee bites. Disappointed.

Overall it's a good place, friendly staff, great location. Sadly, the single room didn't have an external window, making it sweltering, dark and a bit smelly, which made me like the place less.

Amazing hostel! I had a great time there enjoying with other guests. The idea of dinner club is really good to meet new people!! Thank you. Staff also is friendly and helpful. Hostel is just one street parallel from main one. Jonker street. Hostel is calm with all facilities and good wifi. Ahh bike rental service is just 5 RM all your stay!

The water of shower bathroom attached with the private room is very small, cannot take bath at all. I have to go to the shared bathroom to take shower. Facilities are old and a lot of mosquito. I got a few mosquito bites.

Thanks for your comment. Are you out to sabotage us? You stayed last year and gave us a bad review, and this year you come again and gave another bad review?? Why would you ever stay again with us (and this time you brought your mother) if you already stayed before and didn't like the place? Unless you have ulterior motives...

Good location, amazing girl on reception, room not pleasant and if you advertise ac should be provided. Plaster falling off the walls and toilets not clean. Very rude man in my dorm I assumed he worked there. But for what I paid generally ok

Thanks for your feedback. AC in the dorm was working, so don't understand what your complaining about. And you were packing your stuff noisily at 3am in the morning in the dorm, while others were trying to sleep, so if the guy asked you to keep the noise down, its fair and not rude.

Would recommend. Really liked the location, cleanliness and atmosphere.

Slightly strange having the reception down the road, but we had a nice stay. Really cool decor, fantastic location. The dorm was basic (read slight bedbug issue) but we were upgraded to a lovely double with ensuite and air con which was great, and Vincent was super apologetic and lovely. We were sad we didn't have time to make the supper club either night as it's probably really fun.

It's not good the separate the hostel into 2 buildings so I had to walk an aisle to find the staff. I also don't like the shower in the toilet cubicle. The room was without air-conditioning and there was mosquito, though not serious. The price is really reasonable and good value for money though.

The hostel is spartan -- at best. Outlets did not work; the roof in the common area leaked in a heavy rain. The design is such that the interior rooms get absolutely no natural ventilation so even with fans they are quite stuffy. A light for each bunk would be nice as 1 bulb per room; again it was a bit spartan. Security -- no one is on site so you depend on others to lock the front and dorm rooms. Two times in 4 days the staff were tracking down missing keys.