Jalan-Jalan Besi Reviews

14, Jalan Tukang Besi, Melaka, Malaysia

Got a bunch of flee bites. Disappointed.

Overall it's a good place, friendly staff, great location. Sadly, the single room didn't have an external window, making it sweltering, dark and a bit smelly, which made me like the place less.

Amazing hostel! I had a great time there enjoying with other guests. The idea of dinner club is really good to meet new people!! Thank you. Staff also is friendly and helpful. Hostel is just one street parallel from main one. Jonker street. Hostel is calm with all facilities and good wifi. Ahh bike rental service is just 5 RM all your stay!

The water of shower bathroom attached with the private room is very small, cannot take bath at all. I have to go to the shared bathroom to take shower. Facilities are old and a lot of mosquito. I got a few mosquito bites.

Thanks for your comment. Are you out to sabotage us? You stayed last year and gave us a bad review, and this year you come again and gave another bad review?? Why would you ever stay again with us (and this time you brought your mother) if you already stayed before and didn't like the place? Unless you have ulterior motives...

Good location, amazing girl on reception, room not pleasant and if you advertise ac should be provided. Plaster falling off the walls and toilets not clean. Very rude man in my dorm I assumed he worked there. But for what I paid generally ok

Thanks for your feedback. AC in the dorm was working, so don't understand what your complaining about. And you were packing your stuff noisily at 3am in the morning in the dorm, while others were trying to sleep, so if the guy asked you to keep the noise down, its fair and not rude.

Would recommend. Really liked the location, cleanliness and atmosphere.

Slightly strange having the reception down the road, but we had a nice stay. Really cool decor, fantastic location. The dorm was basic (read slight bedbug issue) but we were upgraded to a lovely double with ensuite and air con which was great, and Vincent was super apologetic and lovely. We were sad we didn't have time to make the supper club either night as it's probably really fun.

It's not good the separate the hostel into 2 buildings so I had to walk an aisle to find the staff. I also don't like the shower in the toilet cubicle. The room was without air-conditioning and there was mosquito, though not serious. The price is really reasonable and good value for money though.

The hostel is spartan -- at best. Outlets did not work; the roof in the common area leaked in a heavy rain. The design is such that the interior rooms get absolutely no natural ventilation so even with fans they are quite stuffy. A light for each bunk would be nice as 1 bulb per room; again it was a bit spartan. Security -- no one is on site so you depend on others to lock the front and dorm rooms. Two times in 4 days the staff were tracking down missing keys.

I had a great stay here. I extended my stay at the hostel and I was having such a wonderful time I changed my flight out of Malaysia to stay longer. The female dorm has its own bathroom which is nice. The room was really hot even with the fans but it was still a nice place to stay. The atmosphere really made it great, there is always someone to hang out and explore with. I would definitely go back and recommend it to any backpackers.

Great location! The place is clean overall. The staffs are friendly and helpful. Wifi is great! Will come back to this place again! ;) great job to the staff for keeping the place clean and lively.

Fantastic hostel close to Jonker street and easy walking distance around town. Proper air conditioning and fan in 6 bed mixed dorm and great night sleep with NO bedbugs - I thoroughly checked and not one mozzie bite (I did use DEET also). Great showers really needed in the heat and soap included. Complimentary WiFi and Tea/Coffee was a nice touch and bikes were available for rental at RM5 per stay! But the best thing about staying in Jalan Jalan was the supper club hosted by Lee. Definitely book

I stayed in the 4-bed female dorm with fan. Jalan Jalan is a clean hostel with great atmosphere in the wonderfull town of Malaka. I would definately stay here again.

Jalan-Jalan Besi is a nice hostel right in the centre of Melaka. I really like it. Everything what's important to see (mosques, temples, churches and so on) is pretty close to the hostel. The shower room was very small, but that was not a big problem. Anyway in general I can recommend this place.

The stay was nice, but the facilities were a bit old. When it rained the common room flooded and people smoked constantly in the common room making it unusable for non-smokers. The staff were really nice.

• 17th Feb 2015

Location is good, lounge area is nice for chilling out. :)

Nice hostel. A lounge in each building which is great. Could use a TV in the lounge. The air con dorm was a bit warm i felt. You don't get the remote from what I could tell. Overall I would stay again.

Very friendly and helpful staff. I was given a map and some tips upon checking in which was very helpful. Location is very ideal. No AC in the dorm I stayed in but the fan worked well enough. I would recommend this as a place to stay :)

Nice, clean, quiet excellent location very helpful staff :) Jacek from Poland