Jalan-Jalan Besi Reviews

14, Jalan Tukang Besi, Melaka, Malaysia

The hostel was two thumbs up for me :)

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Very nice and kind staff!

I had a really good time at this hostel. Great location close to Jonker St and easy to walk to all of Melaka's main attractions. The common areas in both hostels are really great places to meet fellow travelers. I'd stay again!

Planned to stay 2 nights but ended up staying for a week. The guesthouse (and Melaka) was just the perfect place for me to recharge. It was quiet, clean and conveniently located.

• 26th May 2014

All good ! :-)

Great host! Very friendly, nice atmosphere.

I went there with my girlfriend. The room was good and clean. However, the staff was invisible and we were totally on our own for advises or anything. The place is right inside Chinatown, easy to find.

Excellent location in the middle of Chinatown and very helpful staff.

I stay there for 2 nights and I was bites by the mosquito, a lot of mosquito in the toilet and i didn't see any staff do very good cleaning.

Nice air con rooms with en suite. Close to the centre of town every where is walking distance. Tea and coffee included. Comfortable common area and bikes avaialabe

Highly recommend it to travellers. Stragic location. Nice people around.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Warning: not suitable for who has no experience with hostels! As well as those are born to be moving taget for mosquitoes (like me). Very basic but quite worth for the money considering the location. If you are looking for something like home then this is the wrong place, but a lovely shutter in those black-and-white pictures. daff are very friendly and helpful, shower and wifi is good. No cold drinking water provided but there is a small fridge so you can put your own drink there.

• 25th Feb 2014
  • China

Very basic but very cheap accommodation which does include hot showers. Dorms are small but functional and there are lockers. WiFi was pretty slow. For the price though it is well equipped and if on a budget I would stay here again. Staff were friendly and courteous.

For a RM19/day dorm it was really good value for money. Clean, free coffee/tea, met new friends and good WiFi, couldn't ask for more.

Excellent location, perfectly central to everything.Hostel is cheap, clean and staff are very friendly and helpful. Good common area to meet lots of solo travellers.

My friend and I booked a private room. The toilet in this room did not flush properly. They shower had fungal growth in it. Upon arrival at the hostel we rang the door bell many times and no one answered the door. It took about 20min before someone showed up saying they were helping another guest to get a taxi, not much apology was given. No sign on the door or contact number was left to say: "back in xx min".