Fabulous 704 Total Reviews
Fabulous 704 Total Reviews
Jalan-Jalan Emas Located at 8, Jalan Tukang Emas, , Melaka.
Malaysia
Melaka melaka 75200 8, Jalan Tukang Emas
83% 704
2.1967486 102.2479908
    Rooms available

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
20th Aug 2016

Friendly welcome and good atmosphere. Very central, close to the jonkers night market - just a couple of minutes' walk. Rooms are very basic but clean. It did get very hot and sticky at night without a/c, despite the fans in the room. Thank god for the mosquito nets otherwise would have been eaten alive.

16th Aug 2016
6.3

The staff is helpful and kind, and suggested a great walking tour I loved. The location's awesome, within walking distance everywhere. This is a budget option so with modest expectations for cleanliness, I was still pretty icked out by the bathrooms (dirty and in the courtyard, making any socializing there instantly awkward) and I'm pretty positive the terrible case of mites I picked up came from the bed (single room upper level closest to the stairs, for the record).

15th Aug 2016
6.0

I can't recommend the place. When I came down 2nd morning to pay for next night I was told that the hostel was fully booked. Hostelworld.com and hostelbookers showed vacancies. Still fully booked. A guest mentioned the day before that she liked her stay in Bali after which the other French receptionist trashed Bali and praised the other Ind. islands. Asked several times if he'd been there he finally answered: no. I asked several times if he was Muslim. Result: owner of hostel loses MYR100s.

12th Aug 2016
8.0

Cheap and cheerful. Can't beat the location.

• Wales, Couple, 25-30
10th Aug 2016

Lovely guesthouse/hostel right in the middle of Chinatown. All clean and nicely decorated. Shared bathrooms always clean and have loo roll. Tea and coffee nice little extra. Has a nice atmosphere. Not hot at night in the double room. Free water. Would stay here again!

4th Aug 2016
7.4

This hostel is right in the heart of it. A great location. The facilities were absolutely fine. I had a private room and I woke up with so many bites. However, I heard the dorms were fine. I would have to say that the staff there seemed really friendly and helpful, unfortunately it didn't last. We had guests round from another hostel at around 8pm, which the staff didn't like, despite having a sign saying it's fine. And they wouldn't let them use the toilets because they were not guests.

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Aug 2016

Brilliant location, no AC but it's fine with the fan, and lockers provided (bring your own lock). It was a little quiet when I was there but there was a nice common room space where you could meet other travellers, and they provide free tea and coffee all day.

• England, Female, 25-30
25th Jul 2016
7.1

Small and simple hostel, good location.

19th Jul 2016

The staff here is really entertaining and helps to create a really good atmosphere. I really enjoyed my time in Malacca because I enjoyed my stay here. They rent bikes for 5 RM for you're whole stay which is really nice and offer food tours at night. Overall, especially oor the great price, I'd stay here again!

18th Jul 2016
7.7

Beware of bedbugs! The staff member didn't believe me, but I got lines of bites in multiple places (those body parts touching the edges of the bed). And the fan was blowing on me, so I doubt it was mosquitos. The corners of my mattress had the telltale black stains (the first bed on the left when facing in).