Jalan-Jalan Emas Reviews

8, Jalan Tukang Emas, Melaka, Malaysia

Really relaxed place in little busy Malacca l am happy to recommend that place again again

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Ideal place to stay

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

The Location is really good and the staff is really helpful. I didn't really like the atmosphere, but i still met really nice people. Because of construction work in the bathroom it was not very welcoming to use the facilities. All in all a good hostel, but the fact of the construction work was a little bit annoying.

Thanks for your review. We were upgrading our bathrooms/facilities to provide our guests a better stay experience as part of our continuous improvement activities. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Glad to inform renovation is now completed. Thanks for your stay with us.

This is a very stylish hostel situated right in the middle of China Town, just minutes away from the famous Jonkers walk and weekend night markets. I had a cute double room for the same as I paid for a dorm in KL. There is also great WIFI that works across the hostel. However, don't expect luxury...the showers and bathrooms are basic and there is not aircon in the rooms meaning they can get very hot during the day.

In China town, very good atmosphere. Valuable for the money.

it's a small and old building, but it has something special plus the kind stuff, that make it a very good place

Helpful staff. Good location.

I loved my stay in Jalan Jalan hostel. The location excellent, in the center of Melaka tourist area(Joker street). As soon as you step inside the hostel, you will soon realize the building is really old(in a good way that you can feel and appreciate the history of the building). They provide free tea and coffee for guests and comfortable couch in the lobby. I stayed in the dorm, which was more open and larger than other hostels I stayed. You have even your own fan. Over all, great for the price.

Had a great stay in a quirky heritage house.

Stayed with my sis, we both enjoyed our stay. Victor who works in the hostel was a good host.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Thailand

Perfect hostel. Excellent location. Cheap, clean and good staff.

Jalan Jalan was very nice. The location is fantastic, and the large dorm was comfortable and clean. A small locked drawer was provided, yet there was no door to the dorm itself- anybody could enter the hostel with a 4-digit code, which I found iffy as a security measure. The lobby is small but nice, yet we found our friends' hostel down the street much more fun to hang out at, as it had a rooftop terrace. On the whole, Jalan Jalan did everything it said it would and we had a nice weekend!

• 31st Jan 2014

I loved this place! It's really small but filled with solo travellers, which was amazing! Right in the centre of Melaka, near lots of food places, and one street from the main street. Social area downstairs is great, and really social. Loved the layout of the dorm, made it easier to chat to people. Staff are so kind! Thank you!

perfect place to stay in Melaka. I deeply recommend it!!

Bring some insect repellant if you are staying in the dormitory.

Nice comfortable stay in Melaka. No bunks means its more social. Would recommend!

Great hostel. The hostel and rooms are all quite quirky with a nice common area. we stayed in a double which had a mossie net around it...perfect. Sam the host was great and more than happy to help with everything. Definitely recommend this place.

Perfect place in the heart of Chinatown. Rustic building atmosphere and made some friends too. Staff (Victor) was friendly and helpful even gave me a map and pointed out where the best eats are around. Would 100% recommend to anyone.

The staff were friendly, with advice of great spots to eat, and things to see.

Me and my friend stayed here for two nights and agree with many of the previous comments. Sam (member of staff!) is very welcoming and helpful! The rooms are okey but the walls almost non-existent. It is homely but also very basic. Great location and yes, it is..even if you hear everyone and everything outside your room, value for money (:

• 11th Jan 2014