Jalan-Jalan Emas Reviews

8, Jalan Tukang Emas, Melaka, Malaysia

One of the best hostels I've stayed at, it wasn't new and modern like many but it was everything you need! Staff were so friendly and helpful, every evening they had someone take you out to a different place to eat if you wanted to. It was cheap, clean and in the middle of everything. No air on in the room I stayed in but there was fans at the end of each bed so it was fine.

friendly staff, clean hostel and pretty safe. it's located in the middle of chinatown and also few step to the river. they rent bike for whole day just rm$5 and there is free dinner club, a free guided tour to a cheap and cool restaurant.

Nice hostel located on the center of Melaka. Close to all historical places. Atmosphere is really good. Staff are very friendly and helpful. They organise the dinner club for free and bike rental service is just 5 RM as long as you stay! Showers and toilets are clean. Good wifi.

Bicycle rental for the entire stay is only 5RM; every night at 7pm people are invited to join in and go and eat at a local inexpensive restaurant. Each bed in the dorm has a big fan at the foot end. Personally I would prefer a ceiling fan or one that is less aggressive than the provided fan at level one. But with the provided blanket it is OK. Staff, especially Peter, have great knowledge of Melaka and beyond.

Very cute small town hostel with the essential facilities. Nice community. Dinner date every day where you'll be taken to a restaurant near by that serves delicious food for basically no money. Can get noisy at times (market street and mosque near by) but overall a great experience.

Really nice friendly and chilled atmosphere I defo enjoyed my stay here and would recommend:)

Great value for money place in the heart of Melaka. Staff were friendly and helpful. Special mention to Lee who took a bunch of us out to a few places that you definitely wouldn't find on your own. Highly recommend

The only improvement I could think of would be an air conditioner in the dorm. Otherwise I loved my stay here!

Perfect Hostel if you just want to sleep & shower there! You get what you paid for! In the morning you will sometimes hear muezzin but you will probably hear that from every hostel.

Wonderful central location, good shared showers, nice staff. Overall good value for money (stayed in private room)

Expect to talk to other travellers - the front sitting room is small, cozy and always full of people, plus Victor sits right there and chimes in to the conversation. The layout is a bit funny - all the bathrooms are at the back on the first floor, and consist of a shower over toilet combo. Not much privacy as the stalls are open to the courtyard. Expect to hear a lot of noise from travellers as the layout is open - earplugs are a must! Overall a nice, quirky place in a perfect location.

Nice hostel, friendly staff. Would stay there again!

For the price can't fault it. You get what you pay for a very hot bed with a fan, good showers and great staff that work there.

Perfect location, really can't do better. Victor who runs it is great and really helpful. Like that there is a code to get in. Big ish lockers, everyone has their own floor fan in the 10 bed dorm. Problem of lack of plugs. Some people may find it annoying to walk downstairs and outside to the back to have a shower and use the toilet, I didn't mind, biggest problem was getting eaten alive by Mosquitos in the process! Good amount of space to hang towels and clothes, really nice communal area.

I had a wonderful stay at Jalan Jalan. I'll be back!

My dorm had no exterior windows and only fans, so it got HOT. There was a window to the lounge which let in light and noise at night. There were people talking and playing music until 3am in the lounge, so I only slept a little. I left a day early. The owner simply said, "well it's a hostel." If you like ukulele jam sessions and don't need a peaceful, dark room to sleep in, then you'll love it. It is easy to meet people here though - in said lounge, and apparently at any hour. No red carpet ;)

I stayed their for couple of days and it was great except the moment when my headphones get stolen during I slept. I little bit my fault but I think it's not normal.

Could do with mosquito nets in the dorm room and guests were smoking in the communal living/reception area which wasn't pleasant, but otherwise this was an excellent hostel. Great location, great staff and friendly atmosphere.

Viktor is really friendly and you don't have to sleep on a bunk bed - big plus. I really liked the design of this place - really different than any other hostel I've been too.

Pretty cool hostel smack bang in the middle of where everything happens. I had a great stay, each bed has its own fan and the bed is fairly comfy for Asian standards. There's lockers and the shower is good. The staff are nice and ready to help. Only issue is that there is a mosque right across the road which means that Mr Muslim will be turning the speakers on pretty early in the morning (think 5 or 6 am). Apart from that: place to stay! Close to everything and value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3