Jalan-Jalan Emas Reviews

8, Jalan Tukang Emas, Melaka, Malaysia

Perfect location, really can't do better. Victor who runs it is great and really helpful. Like that there is a code to get in. Big ish lockers, everyone has their own floor fan in the 10 bed dorm. Problem of lack of plugs. Some people may find it annoying to walk downstairs and outside to the back to have a shower and use the toilet, I didn't mind, biggest problem was getting eaten alive by Mosquitos in the process! Good amount of space to hang towels and clothes, really nice communal area.

I had a wonderful stay at Jalan Jalan. I'll be back!

My dorm had no exterior windows and only fans, so it got HOT. There was a window to the lounge which let in light and noise at night. There were people talking and playing music until 3am in the lounge, so I only slept a little. I left a day early. The owner simply said, "well it's a hostel." If you like ukulele jam sessions and don't need a peaceful, dark room to sleep in, then you'll love it. It is easy to meet people here though - in said lounge, and apparently at any hour. No red carpet ;)

I stayed their for couple of days and it was great except the moment when my headphones get stolen during I slept. I little bit my fault but I think it's not normal.

Could do with mosquito nets in the dorm room and guests were smoking in the communal living/reception area which wasn't pleasant, but otherwise this was an excellent hostel. Great location, great staff and friendly atmosphere.

Pretty cool hostel smack bang in the middle of where everything happens. I had a great stay, each bed has its own fan and the bed is fairly comfy for Asian standards. There's lockers and the shower is good. The staff are nice and ready to help. Only issue is that there is a mosque right across the road which means that Mr Muslim will be turning the speakers on pretty early in the morning (think 5 or 6 am). Apart from that: place to stay! Close to everything and value for money.

Jalan Jalan is a great hostel with a really cool atmosphere. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us for a cheap rate after we accidentally booked the wrong dates. The only annoying thing was that our slat windows didn't fully shut which invited bugs in. Great place to base yourself in Melaka, a good quiet space away from the busy tourist street

Hi I had so good time in your hostel ! I recommend it in every places I go elsewhere in Malaisia to the people who plan to go to Malacca ! Particularly thanks to Lee ! So good idea to do / propose activities to the guests together ! I would like now to live that in every hostel/guesthouses I go ! Cheers Laurent Santoro

What a great place. The facilities are basic (good wifi though), yes, but that's no reason not to stay here. The staff here will make sure you have a great time. It's so easy to meet people through this hostel's fun and varying activities. Perhaps the best hostel I stayed at. Make sure you have at least three-four nights if you get the chance. You can do central Melacca in one day, sure, but while at this place, you could definitely stay longer. Make sure you bring a padlock for the door btw.

Nice host, willing to help you with any problem. Bicycle for 5 RM for the whole stay. It was a pleasant stay!

I liked this place the staff was friendly and helpfull an the location is nice. We had a small ant problem in our room and during the days it got very hot.

Staff and the owner are very nice. Location is perfect, very clean hostel. Booked 2 nights and stayed 3! The only point is that could have a better map of the city. If I come back to Melaka, will stay here again.

In a very good location,. If you are very social, you'd enjoy this hostel, alot of things are organised every day and you can easily meet the other people staying here. The single room is a little stuffy and the fan isn't angled towards the bed, so it can get really hot. The dorms are apparently much better and more airy. Staff are helpful and kind.

This hostel is ideal for the backpacker. Living here was a truly pleasant experience, because I had lodging but the overall feeling was not so lavish, which I think is excellent for backpackers. Furthermore this house is located in the Malacca heritage area, so I hope the building is used in such a way as to maintain or preserve the original structure.

Great place to stay if you are in Melaka

Friendly staff Bikes for hire available Good shower and toilet facilities

I had a wonderful time at Jalan Jalan and went here twice. Staff were all lovely and so helpful. Lovely atmosphere at the hostel and group meals and film nights mKe it easy to meet people. Thank you for a lovely time :-)

Great staff and location, nice atmosphere, comfortable spaces.

Best of Mallaca. Highly recommended.

The hostel and its staff were fantastic. I had a brilliant time in Melacca. The advice was always spot on and I loved the unofficial supper clubs every night. Will come back again if I'm passing by and will definitely recommend it to others!

« first « Prev 1 2 3