Jalan-Jalan Emas Reviews

8, Jalan Tukang Emas, Melaka, Malaysia

Homie stay with friendly and helpful staffs.

• 6th Feb 2016
  • Thailand

I have read in the reviews about the thin walls. But they are really thin!!! You can hear people walk, breathe, etc. Combined with the heat, it is impossible to sleep. So future guests should think about some industrial strength earplugs. At the same time the location and the character are unbeatable.

Very nice and helpful stuff. perfect location to arrival and departure busstop to the melaka sentral station. Only thing which is missing, a mosquitonet or hook to hang up your own. All in all, very recommendable

Clean room, cozy, staff is very kind and helpful, location and security is good.

Wonderful staff made this place a pleasure to stay in! Really, really hot though - no a/c just fans by each bed

Allround nice hostel. Beautiful location ( 3-5min to centre) and friendly staff. We stayed in one of the private rooms, which was good value for money. Only downsides were that the mosquito net was to small for the bed and there's no ac.

For the price I paid it was okay, you get what you pay for in the end but I wouldn't stay here again. Staff are nice enough but the mosquitos are just ridiculous. I stayed in the 10 bed dorm, just fans no aircon, too hot and uncomfortable but like I said we didn't pay for a luxurious accommodation. The road outside is so noisy and the hostel is right next to a mosque who pray all the time and you can't get to sleep without earphones. So much louder than Bangkok and that's saying something!

Very simple hostel, but everything is clean and i feel comfortable while staying in Jalan jalan. Nice french guy at the reception who liked to talk with the guests. There is no ac in the dorm, so it could be very warm at night. The location is perfect to do the important things in melaka.

I loved my stay here ! Everyone was so friendly and easy to chat with! Staff are very helpful and know the area, you can hire bikes for the day very cheap in the hostel! Only downside was I had bedbugs in my bed but I don't think that anyone else did so might not be an issue ?

very tiny room that got very hot during the night. Loads of mosquitoes everywhere.

We had no problems with our stay. Location is excellent. We booked a private room and on arrival we had the choice on what room we preferred. The wifi was quite poor in our room but worked excellent in the common area - which is where we spent most of our time anyway. Would stay here again.

Great hostel with a great atmosphere. Nice and clean, so cheap and the location is just perfect. The restaurant next door is a great place to eat. A meal is about RM5 for a good portion and they'll bring it so you can eat it in the social area of the hostel. You'll meet the guy who runs it offering you Malaysian Brandy every evening after it closes.

Its a ver convenient place. Good relation price-quality. Has a computer and printer. Clean baths

nice quite place, with nice people! Make you live almost the real life there!

Nice, very basic hostel in a central location. Unfortunately, they did not have towels, not even for rent or sale, so definitely bring your own one! Also a lot of mosquitos around the hostel - they do have mosquito nets for the beds, but be careful and bring a lot of insect repellent for the other times!

• 20th Oct 2015

Central location. The bus station in in the outskirts, but can be reached by local bus. Lockers are small and easy to break in, although security is probably not a big concern here. No breakast included, contrast to what said on Hostelworld. 7AM it was difficult to find place to eat breakfast. Not kitchen facilities. Nice staff.

Was a really good hostel, perfect location, very helpful and you meet a lot of nice people. The room was good , 10 bed dorm - one long room with ten beds and everyone has they're own fan. Only bad thing someone stole money from me, from the bottom of my backpack, thought no one would honestly go there! But Lockers are in the room. All in all really good, just a lot of mosquito's downstairs.

Nice hostel in Melacca.. :)

No air-con for private room,which is very small btw.But I would never forget this hostel for 2-night-talking with several guys from Europe,which means great social atmosphere. I feel relaxed here.Perfect location,5RM for bike rental ,and u could use bike as long as u need.

It's a good value for money hostel and quite social/easy to meet people. The location is excellent, very close to the main sights. However, it's not the cleanest and the hostel suffers from lots of mosquitos (not much the hostel can do about it) and virtually everyone I met there had been bitten a lot. Also it's very close to a mosque which can wake you up at 5am if you are a light sleeper.