Jalan-Jalan Emas Reviews

8, Jalan Tukang Emas, Melaka, Malaysia

Jalan Jalan is a great hostel with a really cool atmosphere. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us for a cheap rate after we accidentally booked the wrong dates. The only annoying thing was that our slat windows didn't fully shut which invited bugs in. Great place to base yourself in Melaka, a good quiet space away from the busy tourist street

Hi I had so good time in your hostel ! I recommend it in every places I go elsewhere in Malaisia to the people who plan to go to Malacca ! Particularly thanks to Lee ! So good idea to do / propose activities to the guests together ! I would like now to live that in every hostel/guesthouses I go ! Cheers Laurent Santoro

What a great place. The facilities are basic (good wifi though), yes, but that's no reason not to stay here. The staff here will make sure you have a great time. It's so easy to meet people through this hostel's fun and varying activities. Perhaps the best hostel I stayed at. Make sure you have at least three-four nights if you get the chance. You can do central Melacca in one day, sure, but while at this place, you could definitely stay longer. Make sure you bring a padlock for the door btw.

Nice host, willing to help you with any problem. Bicycle for 5 RM for the whole stay. It was a pleasant stay!

I liked this place the staff was friendly and helpfull an the location is nice. We had a small ant problem in our room and during the days it got very hot.

Staff and the owner are very nice. Location is perfect, very clean hostel. Booked 2 nights and stayed 3! The only point is that could have a better map of the city. If I come back to Melaka, will stay here again.

In a very good location,. If you are very social, you'd enjoy this hostel, alot of things are organised every day and you can easily meet the other people staying here. The single room is a little stuffy and the fan isn't angled towards the bed, so it can get really hot. The dorms are apparently much better and more airy. Staff are helpful and kind.

This hostel is ideal for the backpacker. Living here was a truly pleasant experience, because I had lodging but the overall feeling was not so lavish, which I think is excellent for backpackers. Furthermore this house is located in the Malacca heritage area, so I hope the building is used in such a way as to maintain or preserve the original structure.

Great place to stay if you are in Melaka

Friendly staff Bikes for hire available Good shower and toilet facilities

I had a wonderful time at Jalan Jalan and went here twice. Staff were all lovely and so helpful. Lovely atmosphere at the hostel and group meals and film nights mKe it easy to meet people. Thank you for a lovely time :-)

Great staff and location, nice atmosphere, comfortable spaces.

Best of Mallaca. Highly recommended.

The hostel and its staff were fantastic. I had a brilliant time in Melacca. The advice was always spot on and I loved the unofficial supper clubs every night. Will come back again if I'm passing by and will definitely recommend it to others!

Great location and dinner club was a good way to meet other travellers and try some amazing local food. Staff are knowledgeable, friendly and approachable. A good value hostel.

I love Jalan Jalan. It doesnt even really matter which one you really choose. They are both really close and all the activities the hostels offers nearly every day (bowling, dinner, lunch) can be used by everbody. It is clean and the staff is super friendly and helpfull. They just have bathrooms downstairs. Which was a little bit annoying when you have to use them at night.

A basic hostel for an excellent price. Our room was spacious and clean. The reception staff are very helpful. It can get noisy in the mornings due to thin walls and a nearby mosque.

Its nice, you can have many friends here. Thanks to Mr Lee especially. I love the environment here.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • kamarulbellamy
  • Malaysia

Nice little hostel! Helpful staff.

I originally booked for 5 nights and ended up staying 2 weeks! Location is great, staff are extremely friendly and helpful, there's a great social atmosphere (dinner club organised every night as a way to meet people as well as some outings during the day). Melaka is a great place a little time and relax and Jalan Jalan is a great place to stay. If I'm ever in Melaka again I'll be coming straight back to Jalan Jalan

• 28th Jan 2015