JamboHouse Lamu Reviews

PO Box 131, 80500 Lamu, Lamu, Kenya

awesome place to stay. good breakfast, nice staff, owner has good recommendation for any kind of activtiest

• 16th Mar 2014

The owner is most of the time around, he is a very friendly guy, explained everything to me (good restaurants, cheap restaurants, where to buy things, etc.), I booked a sunset dhow trip at the hostel, it is probably a little more expensive than the cheapest price at the waterfront, but you get good service and a safe trip. I met people who were ripped off at the waterfront by some beach boys.

I’ve been traveling 15 months, and Jambo House is 1 of the best value places I’ve stayed at. Arnold (the owner), Adam, and Damaris take excellent care of both house and guests. Arnold’s map and welcome talk (with refreshing juice) are detailed and helpful – ask him anything about the area. Breakfast on the rooftop is relaxing and delicious. Showers are strong but not hot, and wifi is slow, but both are great quality in this part of the world for a budget traveler. I would definitely stay again.

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. During the 6 nights you stayed at JamboHouse we experienced some problems with internet (not only at JamboHouse but also in Lamu itself) partly caused of rain and cut cables. Internet is ok now and guests can make phone calls via Skype. We wish you all the best & enjoy the rest of your trip!! ARNOLD

very good breakfast, and you can get a cold beer there which is a luxury for the little world of Lamu :)

We loved Lamu and liked that you had to wander the narrow streets to get to the hotel. The owners will go out of their way to make sure you have a great stay. Great breakfast, lots of information, comfortable rooms.

Fantastic charecterfull location and facilies, with excellent contentious staff

Very good place to stay!! Welcoming and friendly. The rooms are great, breakfast good and the staff is charming. Best place to stay in Lamu!

• 16th Aug 2011

very nice place for the price

Arnold, Damaris and Adam were extremely friendly, welcoming hosts and provided us with a loads of helpful information about Lamu. This place was very clean and comfortable, it was a little out of the main street but everything in Lamu is so small it was no problem to walk. Lamu would be an amazing place no matter where we stayed but JamboHouse made it even better!

Jambo House is Excellent; Safe, Clean, Friendly and Spacious. Highly recommend. Paul, Australia

I absolutely loved Jambo house! The place is lovely with an amazing roof garden and the breakfasts are the best I've had. Oh and the free wireless is such a luxury. I will defintely stay there again if I go to Lamu

Great welcome. Helpful staff. Cleaned daily. Superb breakfast. Arnold should start a hospitality training school in Kenya! Appreciated pick up from bus and internet use. Make sure you book as he may have the only place on the island that is always fully booked!

Excellent stay. Thanks for being so helpful Arnold! Breakfast is amazing and we even got it at 6 am when we had to take an early bus! Great rooms and all very clean and secure. The shower is cold (like most guesthouses on the island), however its not uncomfortable. Highly recommended :)

• 3rd Sep 2010

Arnold the owner was kind and gave us loads of info about Lamu when we checked in. Jambo house has a social atmosphere with a rooftop deck and good breakfast.

We loved our stay at Jambo House. Arnold the hostel owner was extremely helpful. He told us all the good restaurants, organised a dhow trip, even made breakfast for us whenever we wanted. There is a lovely atmosphere in the hostel and breakfast is great. Its one of the cleanest hostels Ive been in and would definately recommend it.

Friendly staff and clean rooms (Cleaning every day). The Breakfast was excellent with also fresh fruits and fresh juice. The Manager was helpful to organize trips and excursons. I would go again to JamboHouse!

View all Lamu Bed and Breakfasts