Jano's Backpackers Reviews

69 Shuncheng Nanlu Dongduan, South Gate East Side Inside the City Wall, Xi'an, China

This hostel is okay. I only booked it because Han Tang was full. The entire hostel is located in a basement underground - there are no windows to the outside - only windows into the central hallway. This hostel is very loud. It is attached to a karaoke bar. The music echos late at night through the entire hostel basement. The beds are rock hard. The bathroom has one group shower.

I really enjoyed my stay in this youth hostel. Very clean and staff very friendly and helpful. However, be careful, this youth hostel is located above a bar and there was a concert the night I stayed in so difficult for me to sleep. Apart from that, it was really good value !

We loved our stay and the friendly staff. Just a note for families: The two family rooms are located right above the 'Belgian', a bar that has live music until late in the weekend.

• 25th Dec 2014

A little cold in winter, but that was because a window was left open. Over all a fabulous stay

• 12th Dec 2014