Jaque Mate Reviews

Olascoaga 780, Mendoza, Argentina

Good location and reasonably clean, but this is definitely a traditional hostel, in all respects, not a hotel-type hostel (even though there are private rooms). That's not necessarily a bad thing, just be aware of that when booking.

I am currently an exchange student in Buenos Aires and eight of my friends and I wanted to take a weekend in Mendoza. We booked the 10-person room for three nights and absolutely loved it. The staff at the front desk was incredibly knowledgable, friendly, helpful, and fun. They helped us plan our bike tour of the vineyards, our day of hiking in Pontrerillos in the Andes, and we even had an asado one night that ended up being the BEST meal most of us have had in recent memory. HIGHLY recommend.

• 15th Aug 2014

Breakfast was a bit average you had to ask for the bread and milk, bit weird. Good wifi and kitchen facilities. Bins in the bathroom need changing and soap filled up. Very new and clean mostly. Staff was amazing and always helpful! Had a great time here would stay again!

Very very good hostel nice space in living room, very good kitchen, the girls in the reception were very kind and nice. If i return in Mendoza, i will stay there for sure. But, only one bad thing: cleanliness. Dont change the trash very often.

I stayed in this hostel for 6 days, and really enjoyed it. Clean dorms, hot showers, excellent location on the corner of Aristides Villanueva. The staff was great, spoke fluent English and was really helpfull. I booked my tours via the hostel, and they were good value for money. The horsebackriding was with company gauchos estate, awesome tour with perfect asado. During my stay the hostel was not very busy, so the atmosphere wasn't what I expected. Wonderfull service though!

• 12th May 2014

Nice, clean, spacious hostel with comfortable beds and common areas. Showers are excellent and really hot. Great location in Mendoza, and easy to get to from the bus station by taking bus 51. Would definitely stay again. However, breakfast of two pieces of toast was rather meagre, hand soap and towels in the toilet were not refilled quickly enough. This is not a party hostel, and not great for meeting people, but good for staying with friends or family.