Jasmine Family Hostel Reviews

salakaseng village, svaydangum commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Would definitely come back. Lovely pool, nice rooms and not far from city center.

i had to make a change first in dates and no of people so my deposit was hold on to, by hostelworld and (?) the hostel. I ended up losing 40 euro, I am not going to be using hostelworld again. The hostel was very nice overall, I liked that it was not too close to the whole noisy night scene. The people working there though, not a shade of a smile the whole time I was there. Arriving at first I was met with really bad attitude by 'the boss'. I personally wouldn't be going back there.

It's a very good place to stay, comfortable and clean. The staff is helpful. The room clean and big enough. It would be nice to have more power plugs, the room only had one in a very odd place. I recommend it; for the money value it's completely worth it.

The Pool was fantastic, breakfast included is nice - fresh baguette, although the fruit salad was only three pieces of fruit. The hostel is an easy 20-25 minute walk to pub street/central market, or 5-10 mins by tuk tuk. The staff were friendly, and the dorm room has lockers for valuables.

As a solo female backpacker I always try and pick a hostel where I'm comfortable and safe. The staff hassles you about taking their tuk tuks and activities. I agreed to do the Angkor Wat and temples at sunrise for a set price. It was beautiful, but once I got back the driver started demanding more money. When I said no three of his friends showed up and started yelling. Since the hostel is in an alley it is all the more frightening. Would not go back. Fair priced. Pretty. Maybe safer with group.

• 12th Jun 2015

No safety box, not good room security, nice pool

This place wasn't far from all the action on pub street, maybe a 20-30 min walk.. Except that it's tucked away in a dark unpaved alley which made me feel like I was taken in for a joke when I first arrived.. The place itself is fantastic, lots of palm trees and a beautiful swimming pool.. Very relaxing. I got confused between my place and the other jasmin hotel across the highway but one of the employees helped me find it. Room was amazing, except no air conditioning.. I managed though.