Jasmine Family Hostel Reviews

salakaseng village, svaydangum commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Can definitely recommend this place, rooms are spotless, plenty of clean towels & linen & most have a/c. The pool is really clean (if a little warm!) and there are sunloungers and deck chairs. The breakfast is good & the kitchen produces wonderful western or local meals for a couple of $ The travel agency in the hostal will arrange trips, buses, tuk tuks & even visas. Some staff have limited english but are all really helpful & keen to make your stay great. I would definitely stay here again.

Very, very good

On first arrival I was down heartened, the hostel is down a grubby side road past some garages and cramped building, in the reception area when dark the place looks tired and ramshackle. However over the three nights I was there the place started to win me over, the pool area is gorgeous, there is space conducive to socializing and the breakfast though simple was good. The staff also improved over time. Note as at March 2014 there was a lot of construction noise I suspect will be ongoing.

pool table was broken, however nice pool, very nice room and good food. Just a little bit sad that a young girl seems to run daily business, but she does it very good. Can really recommend that hostel.

Food was great. Rooms and bathrooms clean. Pool really nice. But, the staff was RUDE and seemed irritated anytime you asked them anything. It's located down a dark alleyway and it's UNSAFE. My bag was ripped off my body by a passing motorbike directly outside of the hostel. I know that this is something that happens a lot in SE Asian cities but its suspicious that this bike was waiting right outside their hostel and they said they knew nothing and didn't care about what happened to me at all.

I stayed in the dorm which is located on the fourth floor. The stairs were very narrow going to the fourth floor. The breakfast which was included was excellent; eggs, fruit, coffee, and bread. The pool was very clean. I received a new towel each day. I normally don't eat dinner at a hotel, but the food was excellent and the vegetables were cooked just right--not overcooked. The hotel/hostel can be a little hard to find but not being on the main road made for better sleeping.

Could do with a fridge in rooms and a socket in a location where you could use iron not directly above the bed :(

They forgot about my booking. From 4 nights I had to spend 3 of them in hostel on the second end of the city. It was rather like cheap hotel than hostel. No swimming pool. They didn't even let me stay the last night in that place (I din't want to move only for one night).

We booked a 3 bed room and they took our money but could only give us a 2 bed. Two of us had to share a bed It is located down a dirty gravel path and not near the centre like it suggests, you will have to get tuks tuks anywhere, The hostel booked us a coach to shianoukville which they said had wifi toilets and tv. It had none of these and was a dump. They booked us the wrong time and when we finally got on it and broke down 3 times. We had to get a taxi most of the way. Worst experience

No hot shower in the mornings. Cold pool. No wifi in the bedroom. Pool table destroyed. Staff with poor English and no awareness of tourist information for example: tour guides (she only knows one) laundry temples, etc basic tourist information

Nice, clean rooms and a lovely pool. The breakfast and the food is good. The staff is friendly but often not pretty helpful. F.e. To extend our stay there, we had to book on hostelworld, because the staff doesn't know if rooms were available. They offered us a very expensive tut-tuk driver (3$ for 300m). The bus, they booked for us, doesn't pick us up so we need to book another bus and arrived one day later on our destination.

This place is very deceiving! The pool is right next to reception / dining area. The sun is only on the pool in the morning! Breakfast was very poor! We enjoyed our stay here mainly due to the room! Massive very clean room! No hot water in are 5 day stay though. The guy behind reception was a good laugh. Oh the towels stink, use your own! We would stay again purely for the room quality! Very comfortable beds.

This is a very decent hostel with a lovely pool!

The place is really cozy and the stuff very nice and really helpful, They are willing to answer every of ypir questions. We checked out in the morning but we were hanging out there until the evening without any problem. I would go back there without any doubt!! Thanks!

Love the swimmingpool. Staff was not realy great.

• 27th Nov 2013

must visit the place, very nice and has a swimming pool.

Incredible value for money for the dorm room. 5 USD for an 8 bed dorm (with only 3 people there), with breakfast included and a pool. Not to mention pickup from the airport Staff were pleasant, but quite robotic with poor english and little personal skills

I stayed here for almost 5 days and it was totally worth it. Nice people around, it's quite close to the pub street (like 15-20 mins walking) otherwise you can take one of the tuk tuks that are outside the hostel. The breakfast and in general the food is really tasty and really cheap. I completely recommend this place.