Jasmine Family Hostel Reviews

salakaseng village, svaydangum commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The setup of the hotel is lovely. The pool is also great. The restaurant was open throughout the day and breakfast (included) was cooked fresh - although they did vary between great baguettes and normal square bread. Lots of chill-out seating. The tuk tuk drivers there did try to pressure us to travel with them as opposed to cheaper local agents. The alleyway it is down is dodgy.

Brilliant place! Great room, friendly staff and wonderful pool !

I've stayed at this guesthouse three times and its definitely my favorite spot in Siem Reap. The pool, great food, relaxing atmosphere and price are hard to beat!

Can definitely recommend this place, rooms are spotless, plenty of clean towels & linen & most have a/c. The pool is really clean (if a little warm!) and there are sunloungers and deck chairs. The breakfast is good & the kitchen produces wonderful western or local meals for a couple of $ The travel agency in the hostal will arrange trips, buses, tuk tuks & even visas. Some staff have limited english but are all really helpful & keen to make your stay great. I would definitely stay here again.

Very, very good

On first arrival I was down heartened, the hostel is down a grubby side road past some garages and cramped building, in the reception area when dark the place looks tired and ramshackle. However over the three nights I was there the place started to win me over, the pool area is gorgeous, there is space conducive to socializing and the breakfast though simple was good. The staff also improved over time. Note as at March 2014 there was a lot of construction noise I suspect will be ongoing.

pool table was broken, however nice pool, very nice room and good food. Just a little bit sad that a young girl seems to run daily business, but she does it very good. Can really recommend that hostel.

It's a nice feel-good place, the food is tasty, but the staff somewhat cold and unconcerned. And the booking system they use seems not to work at all, you can't find out if there is a free room at the moment, you have to check online and also extend online. I left for the weekend and although I left my big bag there and paid ahead for two nights when I'm back, when I got there I was told they have no free room due to overbooking.

Food was great. Rooms and bathrooms clean. Pool really nice. But, the staff was RUDE and seemed irritated anytime you asked them anything. It's located down a dark alleyway and it's UNSAFE. My bag was ripped off my body by a passing motorbike directly outside of the hostel. I know that this is something that happens a lot in SE Asian cities but its suspicious that this bike was waiting right outside their hostel and they said they knew nothing and didn't care about what happened to me at all.