Jasmine Hotel Reviews

26 Sherif St. Downtown - Cairo, Cairo, Egypt

No Rating

Very many Cockroaches! and no balcony, no good space for smokers ... thats my main complain about this place. but on other hand it is PERFECT when talking about quietness despite its very special location in noisy downtown, very near to metro station and other important needs, but it was a good experiment generally and very good for saving money :D

very helpful staff. 24 hours support. near down town. taxi arrange direct from hostel.. place is safe ,welcome . free breakfast even when i wake up late some time. nearby kfc macdonald for someone cant eat local food. night market downstairs.. egypt cairo is safe. air con room 24/7 days in summer

its a very nice friendly place with family atmosphere , you are being taken good care off when there by an most helpful staff

• 28th Apr 2013

Great place to stay in Kairo, very central located . Owner is very helpful

corrupted guide to visit the Pyramids

• 24th Dec 2012

With excellent staff and a good location, the price for a night at this hostel is good. They have air conditioner and provide free breakfast which is a definite plus.

We felt very comfortable here and the staff didn't let us miss anything! Always friendly and helpful! It's extraordinary to even get a good breakfast for this price. The warm water never ran out. Although we always walked everywhere, we could reach everything (museum, subway for pyramids, islamic area) in a short time and the small shops and eateries around sell everything you need. Best thing: good icecream stand just down the street. ;-).

Location with a 10 minute walk to tahrir square and the egyptian museum can't be beat. Everything is new and the place is incredibly clean and secure. The best part about jasmine hostel is the staff. from the moment i arrived staff were both very welcoming and eager to help out with lots of useful information about getting around cairo and elsewhere. peter was eager to show us parts of Cairo life that we would not have discovered on our own .thanks peter .tego .timor

• 11th Mar 2012
  • New Zealand

Liked: I have never been in a hostel where all staff was so nice,very friendly and helpful staff. They organized a great trip for me to Luxor and Aswan, with transport, accommodation and tours. Thank you so so much for everything! Good value for money. Recommended.i will be back soon . More thanks to tego

• 10th Mar 2012

Very special hotel and clean. Workers in the hotel and very friendly. You feel the center of your family. What distinguishes the most beautiful hotel calm. And proximity to the Egyptian Museum. Also, services provided by such a reasonable price of the car. I feel I found my house and this hotel is my home.

• 9th Mar 2012

Jasmine Hostel is a very nice, clean and fun hostel to stay in, it is reasonably priced and the staff is helpful and available for any questions. The hostel is located right in downtown making it accessible to the egyptian museum and other sites. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 15th Feb 2012
  • Denmark

DON'T GO TO THIS PLACE!! i've stayed with a friend for 7 nights so i can have the true point of view about this bad hostel.It's a TRAP, the second day after our arrive we discovered that my friend missed 20 Euro from her wallet but we didn't say anything,this fact happened again the last day when i was preparing my luggage for going away and i saw that 50 euro were STOLEN from my luggage...so it's completely sure that one of the staff when we were out of the hostel came inside our room to STEAL!

Customer stayed in a private double room ensuite, plus! He always has the keys of the room with him. Plus! why he didn't talk about his stolen 20 Euros when he discovered. He told us that there was 100 Euros, and that someone Stole only 50 euros from the 100 Euros, which doesn't make any sense. We have deposit boxes for free, why wouldn't he put his money or whatever in it. Again, if someone had stolen 20 euros from his room, would he put his bag in the locker with 100 Euros in it. We are very disappointed of this review.

The Jasmine Hostel was more than I expected. I had my own room and bathroom with plenty of space. It was very clean and well kept. The location was central yet hidden away so it muffled the city noises. The staff was very honest and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends and use it again myself. The price was very good for the service I received.

• 5th Nov 2011

There were ants in jam in the continental breakfast. I switched it out, and there were ants in that one too. It took four tries before I finally found a jam packet that wasn't full of ants. All else was generally clean, tho. One of the guy staff, a skinny fellow, tried to overcharge me for my stay. I tried to explain that I already paid the amount he wanted as a deposit to this site. He didn't understand and it was a huge shouting mess as I was leaving for the airport. Uncomfortable.

• 16th Oct 2011

Great place to stay in Cairo. Good location. great helpful staff that helped me with tours accommodation in other cities what to see and where to go in Cairo. Good facilities Good Wifi in the rooms. Clean rooms. Be very happy to stay there again.

First of all, everything is fine in Cairo so don't skip this fantastic place because whatever happened in January is over. People on the streets are warm and willing to help you anytime . The Hostel's Staff is amazingly helpful, they really now how to get the best of Egypt according with the time you want to spend in the country. Breakfast is fine and the hostel is always clean. I really enjoyed my time here. I would totally come back and recommend this place to anyone.

• 31st Aug 2011

What a superb place to stay in Cairo! Not only were the staff extremely helpful and friendly, they made sure I was completely satisfied and helped me organize my trip through the rest of Egypt. They were definitely the highlight, so much so that I chose to come back at the end of my 2 weeks traveling around the country. The location is also great, just a stones throw away from Tahrir Square and the Nile. The rooms are good and clean. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Cairo. Thanks guys!

I spent four magnificent days in Cairo. You will see the real world there; that's the opinion I got in those few days. The hostel was so great! The security, the cleanliness, everything. I only has to say "Thanks" to the staff. They are all great persons. They made me feel as if I were at home. I send a special gratitude to the driver who picked me up from the airport and I appreciate his patience. I definitely recommend this Hostel.

• 30th Aug 2011
  • Spain

I really enjoyed my time here talking with the guys in reception. The simple breakfast each day was very nice here. It's tranquil just off the Sharia Sherif / Sherif St. My single (really a double / twin) room was very clean & spacious, with the essential air con in August. If it's a party you're after, this is not for you, but if you don't want that sort of scene, it may very well be.

I have nothing to put finger on at this hostel. Service is perfect, breakfast is delicious, all the staff are like brothers, the bed is perfect - this hostel is warmly recommended!

• 21st Jun 2011