Jati Home Stay and Gallery Reviews

Hanoman Street ,Padang tegal, Ubud, Indonesia

We showed up after a long day of traveling to be told that out reservation hadn't been honoured and the home stay was full. They didn't even give us our deposit back. Or help us to find another place to stay.

I booked a 3 bed family room and was expecting to have3 beds, but there was a double and a twin. This was very misleading. There was also no air conditioner and Ubud is a hot place. The hotel had a good atmosphere and was very unique.

If you're on a budget this home stay is perfect just for a bed at night and advise with what to do in ubud however if you want to stay in the room throughout the day I would have preferred to stay in jati 3 bungalow as they have a nice fair sized swimming pool (otherwise it's a 35min walk through the town from homestay)

Nice staff and a good location and setting. It was very pretty with all the greenery surrounding it. Dewa especially was very nice. The only issue was that some of the staff did not speak great English and there were some communication issues. It's also quite expensive, and you can find similar places nearby for cheaper.

Location is good, toilets are clean and staffs are very friendly. There is hot water provided in the bath tub too. But the walkway into the hostel might be flooded during heavy rain periods.

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Singapore

I stayed at this gorgeously authentic balinese hotel twice in January. For me it was important to be off the main road so I could sleep silenty - which I could! Most other hotels in Ubud are very much ON the busy roads. The rooms are gorgeous and the location is perfect. But hold on to your receipt! The staff accused me of not paying for my first stay and hounded me about it the whole of my second stay! Luckily I still had my receipt and proof that I payed. Clearly untrustworthy staff!

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Wales

It is great hotel for what we pay. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, good location, delicious local breakfast. Room was little bit dark, other than that everything else is good. We booked bicycle tour through them and they got us discount. Thumbs up!

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Mongolia

A lovely place to stay, although mosquito nets in the rooms would be appreciated!!

It was absolutely the best accommodation ever! Friendly staff, delicious breakfast, good location, clean rooms!

Very helpful staff and a great atmosphere. Breakfast was delicious and we loved the homestay aspect of it, with the rice paddies out the back and the women weaving as we left for the day. We did a private tour to the volcano and couldn't fault it - our guide was great. Overall, every good value for money.