Jaya Hostel & Guesthouse Reviews

94/34 Moo6 Haadrin, bantai Ko phangan, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Loved it! I stupidly left my credit card a bag in storage after checking out and was robbed, but I suspect it was another traveler. The staff were extremely helpful and saved me a lot of money by helping me use the public transport rather than pushing tour packages. Made some great friends too!

Easily the worst place I've stayed! The staff were rudeon arrival. The room, the 'bed' is a thin material and is like sleeping on concrete. 1 of the boys even bought a lilo to sleep on because that was more comfortable. The wifi isn't available in the rooms and are expected to connect to the shops wifi. The water repetidly kept going off and not working. The air con also kept on blowing hot air. Good location for the full moon party. Definitely avoid this place unless absolutly desperate.

Keep your thoughts positive, because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive, because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive, because your behavior become your habits. Keep your habits positive, because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive, because your values become your destiny.

Great stuff at the reception! That helpt me with all my questions and bookings. But very very annoying that you don't have wifi in your room so you have to go to the reception every time! And same with the safety boxes, they are in the reception and you can only open them up between 10 am-12 pm wich sucks! The location is great. Around 5-10 min to the beach and the full moon party :D They "try" to clean the room once a day. Cheers

Staff were friendly and place is perfectly located for full moon

We loved our stay at Jaya Hostel! The owner was very friendly and check in was a breeze. We booked the 18 bed dorm but he offered us the 22 bed dorm or 4 bed dorm because there weren’t as many people and we would have more room.….we really appreciated that! The room was air-conditioned and a towel is supplied. Also, there are lockers at the main reception area (just make sure to bring a lock). The hostel itself is about a 3 minute walk to the main Sunrise Beach (where the Full Moon Party is). It

Friendly staff, good location and a great place to stay and meet people for the full moon!

Me and my boyfriend stayed in the 20 bed mixed dorm for full moon- the most fun we've had in Thailand so far. Great atmosphere with bar and restaurant attached where everyone pre drinks, staff are so so friendly and go out I their way to help you, great value for money. Right next to the full moon beach, staff came to clean the room and social area every morning. Honestly not a bad thing to say. The owner eddy is extremely friendly and trustworthy, can't wait to go back for next full moon! Ellen

Really enjoyed staying at this hostel over full moon, it was in the perfect location. Good lockers in reception for storing valuables, but there weren't enough for all guests. Got dirty after full moon as expected but bins could have been emptied more regularly.

My third time staying at the hostel, great for Full Moon but also can keep to yourself more in a four bed dorm. Great location, not too close but easy to walk to everything. Can book all sorts of tours and transport here. Have safety deposit boxes available. Like anywhere over Full Moon prices go up and cleanliness declines, but if you ask them nicely to clean your bed they will!

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Staff are amazing, great location and great social aspects, lovely food. Not a bad word to say. We forgot to pick up out train tickets from reception, only realise when we'd got to the ferry port so the manager drove out to bring them to us!

The location is absolutely fantastic if you are going to the full moon party. It is a 5 minute walk from the beach, but far enough away to not hear the music on the beach all night! One negative is music is always playing in the common room, and our room was right beside it. You woke up to music, and fall asleep to music, it gets annoying. Staff were friendly. Great party hostel, not a relaxing hostel. Very Small room for 4 people.