Jaya Hostel & Guesthouse Reviews

94/34 Moo6 Haadrin, bantai Ko phangan, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Not a bad hostel with a central location. They certainly utilise the bedroom space with beds! My dorm was around the corner from the main bar and there were 3 showers between 3 dorms but I didn't have to wait too long to get in. You're only going to be staying here for full moon really and you have to expect loud music outside. It died down around the 2-3 mark and let's be fair you'll still be out/pissed by then anyway so won't affect your stay

Great location for the full moon party and great vibes in the common area, you'll meet lots of people. The rooms were airconditioned which was good but everything was filthy. We asked the staff several times when they were going to clean but they only really swept up. The bathrooms were so disgusting by the end that we decided to leave early. The staff was pretty nice but for what i was paying I expected a little more effort to keep it clean. Lock all you're valuebles in the lockers provided.

Great location for the full moon party! had a good time!

Thank you. We hope to see you next time :)

Bathrooms and the hostel in general is filthy. The location is excellent.

The staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Excellent location and overall nice hostel, the only thing I'd point out is the lack of plugs to charge phones, it was a room with 16 beds and only three plugs in the room. Other than that, great place to stay and relax in Koh Pan-Gnan.

Thanks for your suggestion we will try to put more plugs in the room. Thank you again to come stay with us and hope to see you again in one day :)

No wifi in the room, had to go to the Jaya restaurant in another building so I could use it. Didn't have plugs close to the bed, too.

Eddie was a great guy, very welcoming! We had an amazing time there over the full moon, buzzing atmosphere and free body paint. Good deals on food and buckets. Dorms OK, not the cleanest and you only get a towel as bedding but perfect for a place to lay down after partying all night. If you want sleep tho, not the best option as there is a banging party bar below. Adorable little Pomeranian called bucket :)

• 22nd Nov 2015

This place charges way too much for a single ensuite room during the leadup to the full moon party. Also, on my first night there I lost my room key and when I got back to the hostel no one was awake to assist me and there was no phone number to call! Not having any other options, I slept outside until 8AM when staff arrived. The service was completely average with no one going the extra mile to make you feel at home or welcome. In short, I wouldn't stay here again.

Hi , Our open time is 09:00-00:00 is show on Hostelworld, did you see it before make a reservation? Our Price is show same with other hostel, If you need cheap price and don't want to feel like pay too much, did you make a compare before? You lost you key in the night time its not our fault you have to take you key but your fault is get new key without pay. We have many custom from around the world when Full Moon Party, many people enjoy to stay in the Dorm and Private Room.

Perfect location for full moon

• 1st Aug 2015

You are perfect people for Full Moon Party ;)

Really nice Hostel, but during full moon a little bit expensive!

• 29th Jul 2015

Ha ha Markus, and I think you know everywhere expensive than my Hostel :)

Was there during full moon, prices are high during that time sice it seems to be the only time they make any money. Anyway if you want party 24/7 then this is the right place to do so. If not don't go or just pay 5 nights and only stay 3 as many people do. Beds are super hard and covered with plastic, pillow is fine, enough showers, zerrible wifi during full moon. You get 2 towels instead of a bedcover. Haven't seen more than two cockroaches simultaniously in the shower. Overall it was ok.

Hi Eric, Thanks for your review. Every hostel for Full Moon Party are not cheap and our price is cheaper than many hostel, that's why you make booking with us. I seen you only stay alone and never talk with other people! for Full Moon Party you should try to make new friends and do party together it will be wonderful experience for Full Moon Party :)

I loved this hostel - stayed for full moon party and couldnt ask for a better stay. The room was comfortable and clean and the showers/bathroom facilities were fine. Location is excellent, close to everything you could ask for - beach, shops, restaurants and nightlife. Outside the hostel is literally a street party every night around Full Moon. The best part of this hostel is the environment and people that we met - such a great group of people all eager for a good time.

Excellent location if you want to party all night long. There are 3 showers for about 60 persons and the toilets downstairs become public at night (lots of people from the street used it because you have a party in the front street). Cleaning was very poor. You have no blankets, only 2 towels... I have to say that hostel's personal tried to solve all problems but the value for money is very poor.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Uruguay

I should not help you about Taxi.

There were not so many bath for the amount of people living there, and they don't clean nothing.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Uruguay

after change room for only your group still dirty ??? (normally can not the room but you request and we try to do for you) we cleaned everyday but you have to understand when you stay in a dorm its not clean like private room. Thank you.

I was there for full moon party. the hostel has great location, atmosphere was good, staff was really kind and helpful but it was so dirty, the room, toilets, and the showers. nobody was cleaning.

Nice hostel with friendly staff. Cool receptionist came out to the night before full moon party and the full moon party. Enjoyable time here.

It is a nice place if u are at Koh Phangan for the full moon party. It is a good hostel, though the bed were uncomfortable but I really didn't care that much. So if you are there to party this is the place :)

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Great location and pre full moon party! Staff were lovely and so happy to help! Dorm room was very basic and mattress was ridiculously hard plus no blanket so had to sleep under my towel! Stayed for 5 nights and the cleanliness was awful by the end of the week! Showers and toilets were pretty gross!

The location is good since it is not that far from the beach and is a 5m walk away. However, we had a bad experience when we unintentionally left our tickets in the locker and came back late past 12am in which they close (12am to 7am). We were forced to buy new set of tickets since nobody was there to attend to our needs.

We open 09:00 - 24:00 and show on Hostelworld. 2 days after Full Moon Party we open 06:00 am and we put the sign on the door at office. Are you sure you wake up ??? Because fist taxi pick up 06:00 am and our staff (Eddy) at reception for custom can check out and get in the taxi for sure.

cheap for Ko phangan, I saw that most of the backpacker increase the price for full moon but not this one ! I paid 350 each night Close to the beach for the party. Can't say that's a very good dormitory because not enough space in the room at all.... but for the price GOOD

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7