Jaya Hostel & Guesthouse Reviews

94/34 Moo6 Haadrin, bantai Ko phangan, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Great for full moon and so much fun!

Loved it! I stupidly left my credit card a bag in storage after checking out and was robbed, but I suspect it was another traveler. The staff were extremely helpful and saved me a lot of money by helping me use the public transport rather than pushing tour packages. Made some great friends too!

This was one of the best hostels I stayed in, the staff where so lovely, banter, funny, good sense of humour, made friends with all the staff, clean and food was great. Really close to the party beach for full moon party, they even give you free body paint and go crazy. I really enjoyed my stay and when I return from England, I shall be staying there again. Eddie who runs the place was a total legend and I love him, can't wait to go back!!!!!

Easily the worst place I've stayed! The staff were rudeon arrival. The room, the 'bed' is a thin material and is like sleeping on concrete. 1 of the boys even bought a lilo to sleep on because that was more comfortable. The wifi isn't available in the rooms and are expected to connect to the shops wifi. The water repetidly kept going off and not working. The air con also kept on blowing hot air. Good location for the full moon party. Definitely avoid this place unless absolutly desperate.

Keep your thoughts positive, because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive, because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive, because your behavior become your habits. Keep your habits positive, because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive, because your values become your destiny.

Great stuff at the reception! That helpt me with all my questions and bookings. But very very annoying that you don't have wifi in your room so you have to go to the reception every time! And same with the safety boxes, they are in the reception and you can only open them up between 10 am-12 pm wich sucks! The location is great. Around 5-10 min to the beach and the full moon party :D They "try" to clean the room once a day. Cheers

Thank you for your review and for your critic. The thing with the safety boxes is that it is just way safer when we close the room because a lot of things get stolen. Especially in dorm rooms and during the full moon period. But I understand that it is a little bit annoying. We wish you a lot of luck for your future and hope to see you soon again!

Staff were friendly and place is perfectly located for full moon

We loved our stay at Jaya Hostel! The owner was very friendly and check in was a breeze. We booked the 18 bed dorm but he offered us the 22 bed dorm or 4 bed dorm because there weren’t as many people and we would have more room.….we really appreciated that! The room was air-conditioned and a towel is supplied. Also, there are lockers at the main reception area (just make sure to bring a lock). The hostel itself is about a 3 minute walk to the main Sunrise Beach (where the Full Moon Party is). It

Friendly staff, good location and a great place to stay and meet people for the full moon!

Me and my boyfriend stayed in the 20 bed mixed dorm for full moon- the most fun we've had in Thailand so far. Great atmosphere with bar and restaurant attached where everyone pre drinks, staff are so so friendly and go out I their way to help you, great value for money. Right next to the full moon beach, staff came to clean the room and social area every morning. Honestly not a bad thing to say. The owner eddy is extremely friendly and trustworthy, can't wait to go back for next full moon! Ellen

Really enjoyed staying at this hostel over full moon, it was in the perfect location. Good lockers in reception for storing valuables, but there weren't enough for all guests. Got dirty after full moon as expected but bins could have been emptied more regularly.

My third time staying at the hostel, great for Full Moon but also can keep to yourself more in a four bed dorm. Great location, not too close but easy to walk to everything. Can book all sorts of tours and transport here. Have safety deposit boxes available. Like anywhere over Full Moon prices go up and cleanliness declines, but if you ask them nicely to clean your bed they will!

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Staff are amazing, great location and great social aspects, lovely food. Not a bad word to say. We forgot to pick up out train tickets from reception, only realise when we'd got to the ferry port so the manager drove out to bring them to us!

The location is absolutely fantastic if you are going to the full moon party. It is a 5 minute walk from the beach, but far enough away to not hear the music on the beach all night! One negative is music is always playing in the common room, and our room was right beside it. You woke up to music, and fall asleep to music, it gets annoying. Staff were friendly. Great party hostel, not a relaxing hostel. Very Small room for 4 people.

Is very important to understand you are in a beach town in Thailand. Power and water might fail in the whole Island. Location is great. Party street. Rooms were clean, staff cares A LOT of what concerned you. There were problems and they solved them. Good bathroom, lockers are at the reception (they could be in the rooms). Good beds. Good air-con (2 actually). 500m away from full moon party beach and 200m close to the pier. Of course is not an hotel, but for FMP was totally fine. Would come back

See you later :)

I had a bad stay because in the 22 people dorm I had the worst dorm mates ever who wouldn't let me sleep. The hostel is well located but it is in a party street so sleeping between 7 pm and 3 am is not an option. During the full moon dates bathrooms were disgusting at night because they normally run out of water. When most people left the stay was much more pleasant. The guy at the reception is really nice he really helped me when my taxi didn't pick me up to take me to the pier.

Decent place for the full moon experience, kind of dirty and smelly the day after full moon

Good place to meet people!! We stayed there for the full moon party and it was absolutely fine. It was noisy at night and the toilets were blocked of all the sick and there was no water in the bathrooms when you come late at night but I think every hostel runs out of water by the amount of people staying on the island at the full moon party! Was great anyway :D!!

Friendliest staff ever!

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel is great for those going to full moon, right near the beach in haad rin. But they never cleaned the rooms the time I was there, even after a couple of days after full moon when only a handfull of people were there. The atmosphere and location are great, it's just the rooms that were gross after tons of people partied and nothing was cleaned even 4 days later.

Lovey staff, the man who always sat at reception was very nice and helpful! Great location for full moon party, 5 minute walk to the beach But our toilet broke and wasn't fixed, no wifi in your room

• 13th Feb 2014

Hi, Thanks for your review :) You can use wifi at Liqueur Store near your room and maybe sometime low signal and too many people using. About toilet I will check and fix it asap. Thank you again for come to stay with us :) Eddy Jaya Hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7