Jaya Hostel & Guesthouse Reviews

94/34 Moo6 Haadrin, bantai Ko phangan, Koh Phangan, Thailand

The location is good since it is not that far from the beach and is a 5m walk away. However, we had a bad experience when we unintentionally left our tickets in the locker and came back late past 12am in which they close (12am to 7am). We were forced to buy new set of tickets since nobody was there to attend to our needs.

We open 09:00 - 24:00 and show on Hostelworld. 2 days after Full Moon Party we open 06:00 am and we put the sign on the door at office. Are you sure you wake up ??? Because fist taxi pick up 06:00 am and our staff (Eddy) at reception for custom can check out and get in the taxi for sure.

cheap for Ko phangan, I saw that most of the backpacker increase the price for full moon but not this one ! I paid 350 each night Close to the beach for the party. Can't say that's a very good dormitory because not enough space in the room at all.... but for the price GOOD

This is a fantastic hostel with amazing staff and a great location. Its right in the middle of haad rin so youre right in the middle of the action for full moon. The beds are nice and comfortable and the ac is always on which is pleasant. Staff are really helpful and the hostel bar provides a good pre party atmosphere. Would definetly stay here again.

By far the worst hostel during my 4 weeks in Thai (tried 6 hostels). Also the most expensive which i understand due to the full moon party but that should be compensated with better conditions. I was in a 4 bed tiny dorm and only after the 4th night the room and toilet were cleaned. The lockers are in an office that closes after 12pm. Although the hostel it's not located that close to the beach and party, it's very hard to rest as there's loud music almost all day.

Hi Joao, Did you make compare about the price before make a reservation ? If you think price here expensive why you not make a reservation with cheaper hostel ? But every month I make compare my room price with other hostel near by, I'm sure my room price is not expensive that's why you make a reservation with us. And you said our location not close to party beach, you know more close more loud music !!! One thing you have to understand FULL MOON PARTY period have loud music everywhere :)

The place is nice, but clearly overpriced during Full Moon Party. The beds are hard (sometimes rock - solid) and they did not clean our room in 5 days, and only did so on day 6 when we asked them to (12 people dorm = dirty fast). Trying to squeeze out as much as possible from the party crowd, this place relies on you not caring that much. Internet on fixed computers is 3 times the price compared to mainland (ask for half-price as you are a guest in their hostel). The place is very well situated.

Hi Arne. We cleaned the room EVERY DAY for sure. You right, many people easy to be dirty because everybody went to the beach all the time and come back with sand that's why have sand in the dorm room. We have Free Wi-Fi for customer and computer service 2 Bath per min. If you use long time (like 1 hr) we will give you discount 1 bath per min. Thank you anyway you stay with us long time even you said the room dirty.

Good location, it got a big restaurant to have breakfast, lounche and dinner with a bar to drink something. It is very close to the main beach in haad rim and to the party.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Good hostel, great atmosphere! Busy busy during the full moon time. Many showers and toilets, usually clean. Good food at their restaurant. Short walk to Haad Rin beach. Free UV paint when it's full moon party! There's a lock in the room's door and you have your own key but it was only locked during the night, guess that depends on if your room mates lock the door or not. You can use the lockers in the lobby though.

Jaya is a great place to stay if you're looking for something close, fun and cheaper for the full moon party! Eddy is an absolute blast, and is extremely helpful when trying to book tours and ferries. Only thing is that the restaurant server would bring wrong items out occasionally and the shower head was a bit wonky. Stayed in 4 bed dorm and I would for sure come back there hands down!! One of the nicest hostels being close to the beach and for price, the atmosphere can't be beat there

• 1st Feb 2015

It's a good place to stay for the Full Moon Party. It's in walking distance from the beach and you can easily find new People for the Party, even if you are travelling on your own. But the Dorms with 16 and 20 Beds seemed to be just made for the Full Moon Parties. So don't expect much comfort. They have smaller Dorms, so if you come at non Full moon dates you should might stay there. The Staff is very friendly and the Restaurant has good food.

Hostel is in good location, close to beaches, bars and shops in Haad Rin, There is no wifi in the rooms so you have to walk up the road to the bar to use internet. I thought the drink and food was a little overpriced also but then again everything in Haad Rin seems to be. No common areas in hostel only the bar so not much atmosphere but for the price it was ok

It was best backpacker hostel I ever stayed. Place to be for full moon party, met so many great people there who with spent unforgettable time. Staff also cool, making fun every day.

Thank you so much for you review :) hope to see you dance on the table again, next time lol

Aloha!!! Thanks so much to Eddy and his wonderful staff for making our stay at Koh Phangan a great one! I fell off a motorbike and got cut up and the ladies helped me by cleaning me up. THANK YOU GALS ;) also it was great to see Eddy and the front desk girl (didn't catch her name) out and about on the beach and enjoying the festivities as well. It was hard to say goodbye but in Hawaii we say "A Hui Hou" (until we meet again) much love to Jaya Hostel thanks!!! Kalani E.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Aloha !!! our lovely customers from Hawaii... we miss you already & hope to see you next time :)

Great for full moon and so much fun!

Loved it! I stupidly left my credit card a bag in storage after checking out and was robbed, but I suspect it was another traveler. The staff were extremely helpful and saved me a lot of money by helping me use the public transport rather than pushing tour packages. Made some great friends too!

This was one of the best hostels I stayed in, the staff where so lovely, banter, funny, good sense of humour, made friends with all the staff, clean and food was great. Really close to the party beach for full moon party, they even give you free body paint and go crazy. I really enjoyed my stay and when I return from England, I shall be staying there again. Eddie who runs the place was a total legend and I love him, can't wait to go back!!!!!

Easily the worst place I've stayed! The staff were rudeon arrival. The room, the 'bed' is a thin material and is like sleeping on concrete. 1 of the boys even bought a lilo to sleep on because that was more comfortable. The wifi isn't available in the rooms and are expected to connect to the shops wifi. The water repetidly kept going off and not working. The air con also kept on blowing hot air. Good location for the full moon party. Definitely avoid this place unless absolutly desperate.

Keep your thoughts positive, because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive, because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive, because your behavior become your habits. Keep your habits positive, because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive, because your values become your destiny.

Great stuff at the reception! That helpt me with all my questions and bookings. But very very annoying that you don't have wifi in your room so you have to go to the reception every time! And same with the safety boxes, they are in the reception and you can only open them up between 10 am-12 pm wich sucks! The location is great. Around 5-10 min to the beach and the full moon party :D They "try" to clean the room once a day. Cheers

Thank you for your review and for your critic. The thing with the safety boxes is that it is just way safer when we close the room because a lot of things get stolen. Especially in dorm rooms and during the full moon period. But I understand that it is a little bit annoying. We wish you a lot of luck for your future and hope to see you soon again!

Staff were friendly and place is perfectly located for full moon

We loved our stay at Jaya Hostel! The owner was very friendly and check in was a breeze. We booked the 18 bed dorm but he offered us the 22 bed dorm or 4 bed dorm because there weren’t as many people and we would have more room.….we really appreciated that! The room was air-conditioned and a towel is supplied. Also, there are lockers at the main reception area (just make sure to bring a lock). The hostel itself is about a 3 minute walk to the main Sunrise Beach (where the Full Moon Party is). It

Friendly staff, good location and a great place to stay and meet people for the full moon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7