Jazz on South Beach Hostel Reviews

321 Collins Avenue, Miami, Florida, USA

Just spend a night but everything was good so far!

Did not get the booking I asked for, but in the end it was pretty good.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • South Africa

Had a fantastic stay, breakfast was amazing and everyone was so friendly! Only thing they should add is lockers for extra security (you have to bring your own padlock for the ones in the room!) but aside from that it was amazing!

• 27th Mar 2014

Enjoyed my stay at Jazz and met amazing people as well as new friends. I will be back sometime in the future. ..stayed an extra two nights

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

It was a good hostel, very close to the beach and the staff was very helpful, I received the information that I needed to move around the area. The only thing that I did not like was that I booked a room for three days and when I arrived it was not available, I had to sleep in a room for women and men and I had asked for a women's room, the next day I had to check out and check in again for another room. If I booked the room should be available when I get there.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Colombia

i thought the location was fantastic and the staff always knew what was going on for events. They helped me get the cheapest transportation from south beach to ft. Lauderdale for my flight.

• 24th Mar 2014

The Jazz on South Beach Hostel is a nice looking place with almost everything what you expect about a good hostel but the cleanliness. We were eating in the kitchen and a cockroach was running under the tables into the wall. The same counts for the toilets in the rooms, they weren't that clean either. Otherwise it was a good hostel with decent breakfast and a nice lobby. Especially the location of the hostel makes it a good place to stay!

• 24th Mar 2014

Lockers you had to pay for the staff were miserable and the guy that did the hostel events was on commission to sell ticket to clubs/party every night. The kitchen was locked at certain hours. Laundry room only had two machines. Breakfast is like prison in a queue waiting for nasty pancakes. Beds are not comfy and very noisy. The location is perfect, air con is great, wifi is good, Good cheap lunch/dinner served in hostel, Bathroom is clean.

The bed was very uncomfortable! you could feel every bedspring and after two days my back started to hurt. I would have liked to have at least a small dresser but there was nothing to put our clothes so we had to leave it in our luggage. they also could have served a bigger breakfast for the price. But I liked that our room was clean!

Good location and facilities, but generally disinterested and rude staff.

I lost in the safe of the dollar.

• 26th Feb 2014
  • China

Best hostel I've stayed at in long tiime

Excellent value and a phenomenal location. However everything you read about the staff is true, it's a real shame because there's a lot of potential.

The staff was the least friendly i;ve ever had during my 8 months trip.. not helpfull, whining about cleaning the kitchen while you still were eating! Not able to move a snoring or talking person from your room, just move to another room, while those people where complaining about that person as well! Just for this i wouldn't recommend this hostel.

• 18th Feb 2014

Great value for the money! Jazz has a kitchen/dining area guests can use to make their own meals - awesome! Dorm-type rooms are spacious and clean with wood laminate floors. Toilet/bath-shower is separate from the sink/dressing area that has a large mirror for less waiting. My only complaint was that it was noisy at night when other guests were talking loudly in the hall, but Jazz has ear plugs for 50 cents. I'm a regular guest at Jazz.

• 10th Feb 2014

Beware I'm in the military and Jazz doesn't accept military ID cards as a verifiable form of identification staff was very rude and uninformed about government issued ID cards

The staff didnt treat us very well. The computers didnt work, the rooms were small. The bathroom wasnt very clean

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Argentina

A few years ago, the Jazz was my favorite hostel in South Beach. Having just stayed there again in 2014, for two weeks, it still is! It's become a little strict on the rules and has lost some of its former spirit. However, it's still very well run, the breakfasts are great, the location is great, the price is great.

Nice place closer to beach with free breakfast availability, only 2 disadvantaged first there is no wifi signals in the far rooms and no soap for taking shower

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Pakistan

the kitchen is so small we had to eat standing every night, there were no chairs left. the spring was coming out of my mattres..could rest in my hole stay, awful. you are just paying for the location