Jazz on South Beach Hostel Reviews

321 Collins Avenue, Miami, USA

staying in this hostel was realy a dissapointment, mainly due to the following: - staff was rude&snobbish(at least one girl) - have stayed in so so many hostels, but never paid 4$ for EACH bag to keep in luggage storage. normally this kind of service is free - room was smelling like old hospital - wifi only in lobby, not in rooms from the good side: perfect location!. I do not recommend this hostel for staying. In Miami we also stayed in Freehand hostel - much better choice!

The hostel REFUSED me upon arrival, due to my holding an American Passport, despite the fact that I live in the UK, despite my having a reservation and having already paid money. I arrived late a night , and was told that they do not allow American passport holders to check stay in their hostel. I had no other place to stay, and the staff refused to assist me in any way. There merely said, it is management policy, and not their problem. I found SOBE Hostel later that night. SOBE is Great!

STAFF are all great...kind and curteous. CLEANLINESS: really good SECURITY: A couple of the folks who stay there are locals LIVING IN MIAMI and are down on there luck? It's a problem for security for everyone.

Probably the rudest reception staff I've ever faced during my travels. It felt like no-one there enjoyed their work and every guest noticed their bad mood. Very stupid rules as well... Closing kitchen at 11 pm. What is that!? False advertising also about the facilities of kitchen. Cooking with microwave only is just ridiculous. Those pancakes they call "breakfast" is not real breakfast. Who wants to have something sweet as soon as they wake up?? Clearly won't recommend this place for anyone.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Finland

I had a great time there. The stuff is very friendly and helpful. The localization is great! Rooms and other facilities are great for the price. You probably won't get anything better for this values..

Great hostel and location, helpfull staff and kind. we book on a 12 bed room and it was clean but with no chance to open a single window to change the air on the room, all of them were seal. There was an AC working all day and thats the only way you have to get fresh outside air. Another BAD thing.. we spend a week on the hostel and the kichen stove was not working and it seems that was in that way for a long time ago. The guys on the hostel didnt seems to matter about that.

Staff really good...good location, better kitchen then many hostels have. Cleanliness, showers etc...pretty good. Safes in lobby, are great, but not cheap. NEGATIVE: Insecure lockers in rooms. Many hostels do NOT allow folks WITH LOCAL ID'S in the hostel & may only let folks stay for a week. Here, folks can get in with local ID's down on thr luck &stay there for up to 20 days or more! Some folks borrowing cigs, cell phones etc. OTHERWISE I WUD RECOMMEND.

Was in a very good location. There is no wifi in rooms. Beds are uncomfortable. Kitchen wasn't working when I was There. Staff are good. Overall it's a pretty good hostel would stay here again

Really excellent place. Right next to the beach and clubs. Free and delicious pancake breakfast

Good hostel

excellent location and good atmosphere. staff are very ruse. they don't smile, are not nice nor friendly. the whole experience is good in general.

• 8th Sep 2014

The location of this hostel is awesome! 2 blocks from a nice beach and just a few blocks from where everything is going on in south beach. The staff is not particularly what is considered friendly (at least not at our first stay there), not really motivated to help at all and everything took them like forever. Don't know if I would go back...would probably try another hostal...

the recepcionista of the night was in a very bad mood the 3 days i was there. not polite guy. had problems finding energy plug to charge the phone. few plugs in the room and in the reception. big line to get the breakfast. very good location!

• 28th Aug 2014

The best value for tour money, incredibly outgoing, helpful staff who are always happy. Clean fun place to stay, close to everything, and tons of people to meet :) -That Tractor Farm Boy Kyle

• 22nd Aug 2014

Were told rooms would have lockers however my room did not. We were also told we would be placed in the same room however when we got there were all separated. Great location and a nice atmosphere, good for young people and party/social life. My friends and i had lots to do! The deals they do for day packages to the Everglades etc is fantastic as they are cheap in comparison to everywhere else. The staff were relatively polite but never too smiley or friendly which i feel let the place down.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Lock up everything !!!

• 21st Aug 2014

Dear Guest , Upon check-in we do recommend that guest lock up valuables in either our FREE room lockers or rent a safe in our lobby for the small fee of $5. We would like to better address your concern during your stay and would like to hear more about what could have made your stay better. We thank you for taking the time out during your travels to leave us a review and letting us know how we are doing. Hope to see you again here at JAZZ. Safe Travels

ok…cheap and clean…there isn't enough space in de lobby for the amount of people who are staying there.

I loved this hostel! It's my first American hostel and I was definitely impressed. There's a nice common area with free wifi that you can hang out in/meet other people. I got moved to an 8 bed dorm for the price of a 12 bed which was nice, because the 8 bed was definitely preferable. Great environment overall within the hostel! The staff was amazing, very helpful and fun! Perfect location. Good bar crawls/excursions offered that you can book in the hostel. Overall, was a wonderful hostel!

• 12th Aug 2014

Dear Guest, We are glad to hear that your stay at Jazz On SOuthbeach was a memorable one during your trip to Miami. We strive on giving great customer service and assisting guest with all needs including VIP access to miami's hottest clubs , tours that can be purchased at desk and ofcourse a friendly conversation of local tourist landmarks to see. We look forward to hosting you once again on your next trip to miami. We thank you for your review and letting us know how we are doing.

Interesting people were staying in the hostel during my visit but overall a good stay. Great location just 2 blocks from the beach. There's a small market just a few doors down to the left of the hostel. Great shopping and nightlife just a few blocks away as well. There is only one bathroom per room so I recommend not staying in the 12 bed dorms. But I really enjoyed my stay overall! Pub crawls every night. Kitchen facilities. Great location.

Nice location, excellent and helpful staff , I dont have any comments, if you want to save money this is the right place , just one comment if they can change the upper beds, it would be great

• 8th Aug 2014