Jazz on South Beach Hostel Reviews

321 Collins Avenue, Miami, USA

Lock up everything !!!

• 21st Aug 2014

Dear Guest , Upon check-in we do recommend that guest lock up valuables in either our FREE room lockers or rent a safe in our lobby for the small fee of $5. We would like to better address your concern during your stay and would like to hear more about what could have made your stay better. We thank you for taking the time out during your travels to leave us a review and letting us know how we are doing. Hope to see you again here at JAZZ. Safe Travels

I loved this hostel! It's my first American hostel and I was definitely impressed. There's a nice common area with free wifi that you can hang out in/meet other people. I got moved to an 8 bed dorm for the price of a 12 bed which was nice, because the 8 bed was definitely preferable. Great environment overall within the hostel! The staff was amazing, very helpful and fun! Perfect location. Good bar crawls/excursions offered that you can book in the hostel. Overall, was a wonderful hostel!

• 12th Aug 2014

Dear Guest, We are glad to hear that your stay at Jazz On SOuthbeach was a memorable one during your trip to Miami. We strive on giving great customer service and assisting guest with all needs including VIP access to miami's hottest clubs , tours that can be purchased at desk and ofcourse a friendly conversation of local tourist landmarks to see. We look forward to hosting you once again on your next trip to miami. We thank you for your review and letting us know how we are doing.

Interesting people were staying in the hostel during my visit but overall a good stay. Great location just 2 blocks from the beach. There's a small market just a few doors down to the left of the hostel. Great shopping and nightlife just a few blocks away as well. There is only one bathroom per room so I recommend not staying in the 12 bed dorms. But I really enjoyed my stay overall! Pub crawls every night. Kitchen facilities. Great location.

• 10th Aug 2014

Nice location, excellent and helpful staff , I dont have any comments, if you want to save money this is the right place , just one comment if they can change the upper beds, it would be great

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Algeria

First we had bed bugs, I brought them alive to the receptionist and she didn't even say sorry neither she agreed to at least refund me the night, she even told they have been brought there by the people that checked in the previous day (so me) that the hostel before was fine. The incredible thing was the fact they were continuing to put new people in the room without caring of the bed bugs.Apart from that security is zero a guy just entered in my room at 4 am and woke uo everybody!also manyrules

Dear Guest, On all receipts at check in , we highlight the " NO FOOD & DRINKS " allowed in room to keep our rooms clean and pest free. For the above incident mentioned both food was found on bed and room window was left open overnight. Ants were what was found on the bed with open food in case mentioned. As for the paying guest that shared the room and came in from a night of partying , he was addressed about our quiet hours. We are sorry to hear that our assistance were not good enough.

good location, free pancake breakfast and coffee, good size kitchen.... dorms not the most spacious but very clean like the rest of the hostel and helpful friendly staff

Dear Guest, We are glad to see your stay at JOSB was a memorable one and look forward to hosting you again while in Miami or NY at one of our Jazz Properties. Thank you for your review and Safe Travels :)

The price is great and the facilities and location are good. Some staff at front desk tends to be distant and cold, which is not such a big deal, except for someone named Jazmine, she is particularly rude and terrible.. Beware of her.... I talked to management about this and they promised to look it over, but they did not and they canceled my subsequent reservation and even charged for a night I did not event stayed. So staff is the issue

Customer service is good, the location is perfect if you want to enjoy the beach and nightspots, you can reach the beach only in 5 minutes (walking(, i have only the complaint that the wifi signal in the room is low and you have to use it in the lobby to have good conection.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Guatemala

Perfect location, very clean. Simple but very good. The staff was very helpful. We had a short but great stay.

• 27th Jul 2014

The team of Jazz hostel is excellent, they make your vacation easier and provide information for everithing you need. Nancy and Maria they're always smailing and happy and the best hot cake, yumari live your room the best and the guys from the front desk Jazmine, Denis, Daniel and Ray are amazing people!! There are always with positive actitud and professionalism. Thanks!!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Argentina

great atmosphere- does have a quite time though-which is understandable, i guess;^) -location is great- commutable to all other hostels- i think kitchen needs a stove- i don't know i just like the place ,you feel like your home, its really kool

A very nice stay. Great location!

Amazing team, great amenities, the locations just incomparable, very friendly people everywhere .

Dear Guest, As always we strive on excellent customer service and giving very guest we host a memorable stay while in miami. We thank you for taking the time out to let us know how well we are doing. Safe Travels

Really enjoyed my stay. Got to meet new people and the staff was great. Can't wait to go back with all my friends.

• 25th Jun 2014

Dear Guest , We are happy to hear that your stay here at Jazz On Southbeach was a awesome one while in miami. We expect to see you and your friends again here at Miami's Best Hostel with open arms. Thank you for your review and Safe Travels :)

I definetly would like to stay there again, and probably will soon! Thanks for the team!

• 14th Jun 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time during your travels and letting us know how well your experience was while staying at our hostel. We expect to see you back here as always and hope to surprise you with the many new renovations to come. Safe Travels

Jazz charged us 10.81$ as security deposit for the 2 days that we were going to stay (total including security =88$). But after we checked out and got back home, I looked up my credit card and they charged us the 88$ and never adjusted/wavied off the secuity deposit of 10.81$. Still trying to get hold of them to adjust the payment but apparently their system is down since 2 days. Bad experience.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • India

Dear Guest, For the incident mention the deposit is a advance payment for your reservation. Upon check in it is deducted from your total balance plus tax. The deposit isn't a security deposit which is refundable yet it is a advance payment (10% to be exact ) to hold your reservation and is eventually deducted from your total balance due at check in. We are sorry if you misunderstood. Thank you for review and hope we were able to shed light on your experience. Safe travels

This time is better then the last time I was there. Now they got the Europeans kids working there so therefore the staff is much better. Location is excellent!

Dear Guest, Here at JOSB we strive on giving every guest a good memorable experience while in miami and we are glad to hear that you seen the many changes. Thank you for comment on our diverse staff team and please do come again. Safe travels!

One of the best! in twenty years of hostels. The staff was really good: every one of them, and the facilities really good. I was one of the oldest: had lots and lots of fun and treated with respect. So many interesting people. But a staff member really got my attention: Mr. Latvia: Deniss. His maturity and smoothness were not even believable!! He handled every situation with calm and good people-skill. Ably mentored by Philip.... I call them... Mr. Smooth and "Mr. Smoothie". It was real nice .

The second hostel we stayed in on South Beach was a better location, however the staff were so poor - now usually when I read a review about staff being poor, I take little notice as it's usually something you can get past, however this staff member in particular Jacob is a ghastly member of hospitality - he went out of his way to score a 10/10 in shoddy customer service, both rude and threatening! atmosphere was dull (very quiet) however this meant a good nights sleep.

Dear Guest , We are sorry to hear that your experience while at our hostel was not up to expectation . We have forward your concern to our management for review and will look into incident further for disciplinary action where needed. We are shocked to hear such experience occurred and apologize on behalf of the Jazz Team. Thank your for review and helping us enhance our guest experience, Safe Travels

Good location and affordable hostel in Miami. We were happy here for 5 nights, thought there definitely could be improvements. There is only one single toilet outside of the in room bathrooms. Definitely more needed. The staff were mostly unhelpful and disinterested. We witnessed many arguements between the staff and guests. There was one helpful staff member on our last day but generally speaking, don't expect anything from them. The included breakfast was a nice addition for the cheap price.