Jazz on South Beach Hostel Reviews

321 Collins Avenue, Miami, USA

I definetly would like to stay there again, and probably will soon! Thanks for the team!

• 14th Jun 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time during your travels and letting us know how well your experience was while staying at our hostel. We expect to see you back here as always and hope to surprise you with the many new renovations to come. Safe Travels

Jazz charged us 10.81$ as security deposit for the 2 days that we were going to stay (total including security =88$). But after we checked out and got back home, I looked up my credit card and they charged us the 88$ and never adjusted/wavied off the secuity deposit of 10.81$. Still trying to get hold of them to adjust the payment but apparently their system is down since 2 days. Bad experience.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • India

Dear Guest, For the incident mention the deposit is a advance payment for your reservation. Upon check in it is deducted from your total balance plus tax. The deposit isn't a security deposit which is refundable yet it is a advance payment (10% to be exact ) to hold your reservation and is eventually deducted from your total balance due at check in. We are sorry if you misunderstood. Thank you for review and hope we were able to shed light on your experience. Safe travels

This time is better then the last time I was there. Now they got the Europeans kids working there so therefore the staff is much better. Location is excellent!

Dear Guest, Here at JOSB we strive on giving every guest a good memorable experience while in miami and we are glad to hear that you seen the many changes. Thank you for comment on our diverse staff team and please do come again. Safe travels!

One of the best! in twenty years of hostels. The staff was really good: every one of them, and the facilities really good. I was one of the oldest: had lots and lots of fun and treated with respect. So many interesting people. But a staff member really got my attention: Mr. Latvia: Deniss. His maturity and smoothness were not even believable!! He handled every situation with calm and good people-skill. Ably mentored by Philip.... I call them... Mr. Smooth and "Mr. Smoothie". It was real nice .

The second hostel we stayed in on South Beach was a better location, however the staff were so poor - now usually when I read a review about staff being poor, I take little notice as it's usually something you can get past, however this staff member in particular Jacob is a ghastly member of hospitality - he went out of his way to score a 10/10 in shoddy customer service, both rude and threatening! atmosphere was dull (very quiet) however this meant a good nights sleep.

Dear Guest , We are sorry to hear that your experience while at our hostel was not up to expectation . We have forward your concern to our management for review and will look into incident further for disciplinary action where needed. We are shocked to hear such experience occurred and apologize on behalf of the Jazz Team. Thank your for review and helping us enhance our guest experience, Safe Travels

Good location and affordable hostel in Miami. We were happy here for 5 nights, thought there definitely could be improvements. There is only one single toilet outside of the in room bathrooms. Definitely more needed. The staff were mostly unhelpful and disinterested. We witnessed many arguements between the staff and guests. There was one helpful staff member on our last day but generally speaking, don't expect anything from them. The included breakfast was a nice addition for the cheap price.

Some Staf can be really rude....I even had to call the police myself to get refunded. ....they still owe me money

• 25th May 2014
  • Nicaragua
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Dear Guest, For incident mention , we are sorry if we did not allow to bring in a non paying guest in our property into a dorm room . We have trespass signs posted when entering building and expect all guest staying at hostel to follow rules in place for the security of other guest. We hope that we were better able to help you understand why your situation would never be tolerated on our property . Thank you for you comment and safe travels

I had 2 reservations for this hostel. I told it to the staff when I arrived but they wanted me to check out and check in. When I finished the first reservation they charged me 15$ because "I was late" on the check out time, even though I had another reservation for that day.

Great location being so close to the beach. Can rent 'beach towels' for $2, and unlimited use, which is pretty good (the towels definitely aren't beach towels though! A little small). They have a few balls you can take to the beach too, for free, a good little bonus. The staff were helpful and knowledgeable. Pancakes for breakfast every day, can't complain there. Rooms kept pretty clean. Kitchen could definitely use some work though (cleanliness & facilities wis)e

Pros: Location Location Location! Close to beach, clubs and bars. Great value for money in SoBe!! Clean beds and linen, Clean Kitchen and a good atmosphere make for a comfortable stay. Cons: Under equipped kitchen and Bathrooms... Are they ever cleaned??? Also the Staff are nice as pie but could do with some local knowledge.

very nice

Just spend a night but everything was good so far!

I stayed here at Jazz for one week. I planned on relaxing whilst at Miami, the club thing is not my thing.. Jazz gave me the opportunity to meet others on the same boat.. Great courtyard to chill , play guitar and drink throughout the day. Place is clean and so close to the beach. Do yourself a favor and check in

Did not get the booking I asked for, but in the end it was pretty good.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • South Africa

Had a fantastic stay, breakfast was amazing and everyone was so friendly! Only thing they should add is lockers for extra security (you have to bring your own padlock for the ones in the room!) but aside from that it was amazing!

• 27th Mar 2014

Enjoyed my stay at Jazz and met amazing people as well as new friends. I will be back sometime in the future. ..stayed an extra two nights

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

It was a good hostel, very close to the beach and the staff was very helpful, I received the information that I needed to move around the area. The only thing that I did not like was that I booked a room for three days and when I arrived it was not available, I had to sleep in a room for women and men and I had asked for a women's room, the next day I had to check out and check in again for another room. If I booked the room should be available when I get there.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Colombia

i thought the location was fantastic and the staff always knew what was going on for events. They helped me get the cheapest transportation from south beach to ft. Lauderdale for my flight.

• 24th Mar 2014

The Jazz on South Beach Hostel is a nice looking place with almost everything what you expect about a good hostel but the cleanliness. We were eating in the kitchen and a cockroach was running under the tables into the wall. The same counts for the toilets in the rooms, they weren't that clean either. Otherwise it was a good hostel with decent breakfast and a nice lobby. Especially the location of the hostel makes it a good place to stay!

Pretty good hostel. great location, lots of events happening. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. The only downside is there were only 4 power points to plug in and charge your stuff and in a room of 8, that was difficult to accommodate.

1 2 Next » last »