Jazz on South Beach Hostel Reviews

321 Collins Avenue, Miami, USA

i thought the location was fantastic and the staff always knew what was going on for events. They helped me get the cheapest transportation from south beach to ft. Lauderdale for my flight.

• 24th Mar 2014

The Jazz on South Beach Hostel is a nice looking place with almost everything what you expect about a good hostel but the cleanliness. We were eating in the kitchen and a cockroach was running under the tables into the wall. The same counts for the toilets in the rooms, they weren't that clean either. Otherwise it was a good hostel with decent breakfast and a nice lobby. Especially the location of the hostel makes it a good place to stay!

Pretty good hostel. great location, lots of events happening. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. The only downside is there were only 4 power points to plug in and charge your stuff and in a room of 8, that was difficult to accommodate.

Lockers you had to pay for the staff were miserable and the guy that did the hostel events was on commission to sell ticket to clubs/party every night. The kitchen was locked at certain hours. Laundry room only had two machines. Breakfast is like prison in a queue waiting for nasty pancakes. Beds are not comfy and very noisy. The location is perfect, air con is great, wifi is good, Good cheap lunch/dinner served in hostel, Bathroom is clean.

The bed was very uncomfortable! you could feel every bedspring and after two days my back started to hurt. I would have liked to have at least a small dresser but there was nothing to put our clothes so we had to leave it in our luggage. they also could have served a bigger breakfast for the price. But I liked that our room was clean!

Good location and facilities, but generally disinterested and rude staff.

I lost in the safe of the dollar.

• 26th Feb 2014
  • China

Best hostel I've stayed at in long tiime

Excellent value and a phenomenal location. However everything you read about the staff is true, it's a real shame because there's a lot of potential.

The staff was the least friendly i;ve ever had during my 8 months trip.. not helpfull, whining about cleaning the kitchen while you still were eating! Not able to move a snoring or talking person from your room, just move to another room, while those people where complaining about that person as well! Just for this i wouldn't recommend this hostel.

• 18th Feb 2014

Great value for the money! Jazz has a kitchen/dining area guests can use to make their own meals - awesome! Dorm-type rooms are spacious and clean with wood laminate floors. Toilet/bath-shower is separate from the sink/dressing area that has a large mirror for less waiting. My only complaint was that it was noisy at night when other guests were talking loudly in the hall, but Jazz has ear plugs for 50 cents. I'm a regular guest at Jazz.

• 10th Feb 2014

Beware I'm in the military and Jazz doesn't accept military ID cards as a verifiable form of identification staff was very rude and uninformed about government issued ID cards

The staff didnt treat us very well. The computers didnt work, the rooms were small. The bathroom wasnt very clean

• 2nd Feb 2014