Jazz on South Beach Hostel Reviews

321 Collins Avenue, Miami, USA

I had 2 reservations for this hostel. I told it to the staff when I arrived but they wanted me to check out and check in. When I finished the first reservation they charged me 15$ because "I was late" on the check out time, even though I had another reservation for that day.

Great location being so close to the beach. Can rent 'beach towels' for $2, and unlimited use, which is pretty good (the towels definitely aren't beach towels though! A little small). They have a few balls you can take to the beach too, for free, a good little bonus. The staff were helpful and knowledgeable. Pancakes for breakfast every day, can't complain there. Rooms kept pretty clean. Kitchen could definitely use some work though (cleanliness & facilities wis)e

Pros: Location Location Location! Close to beach, clubs and bars. Great value for money in SoBe!! Clean beds and linen, Clean Kitchen and a good atmosphere make for a comfortable stay. Cons: Under equipped kitchen and Bathrooms... Are they ever cleaned??? Also the Staff are nice as pie but could do with some local knowledge.

very nice

Just spend a night but everything was good so far!

I stayed here at Jazz for one week. I planned on relaxing whilst at Miami, the club thing is not my thing.. Jazz gave me the opportunity to meet others on the same boat.. Great courtyard to chill , play guitar and drink throughout the day. Place is clean and so close to the beach. Do yourself a favor and check in

Did not get the booking I asked for, but in the end it was pretty good.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • South Africa

Had a fantastic stay, breakfast was amazing and everyone was so friendly! Only thing they should add is lockers for extra security (you have to bring your own padlock for the ones in the room!) but aside from that it was amazing!

• 27th Mar 2014

Enjoyed my stay at Jazz and met amazing people as well as new friends. I will be back sometime in the future. ..stayed an extra two nights

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

It was a good hostel, very close to the beach and the staff was very helpful, I received the information that I needed to move around the area. The only thing that I did not like was that I booked a room for three days and when I arrived it was not available, I had to sleep in a room for women and men and I had asked for a women's room, the next day I had to check out and check in again for another room. If I booked the room should be available when I get there.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Colombia

i thought the location was fantastic and the staff always knew what was going on for events. They helped me get the cheapest transportation from south beach to ft. Lauderdale for my flight.

• 24th Mar 2014

The Jazz on South Beach Hostel is a nice looking place with almost everything what you expect about a good hostel but the cleanliness. We were eating in the kitchen and a cockroach was running under the tables into the wall. The same counts for the toilets in the rooms, they weren't that clean either. Otherwise it was a good hostel with decent breakfast and a nice lobby. Especially the location of the hostel makes it a good place to stay!

Pretty good hostel. great location, lots of events happening. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. The only downside is there were only 4 power points to plug in and charge your stuff and in a room of 8, that was difficult to accommodate.

Lockers you had to pay for the staff were miserable and the guy that did the hostel events was on commission to sell ticket to clubs/party every night. The kitchen was locked at certain hours. Laundry room only had two machines. Breakfast is like prison in a queue waiting for nasty pancakes. Beds are not comfy and very noisy. The location is perfect, air con is great, wifi is good, Good cheap lunch/dinner served in hostel, Bathroom is clean.

The bed was very uncomfortable! you could feel every bedspring and after two days my back started to hurt. I would have liked to have at least a small dresser but there was nothing to put our clothes so we had to leave it in our luggage. they also could have served a bigger breakfast for the price. But I liked that our room was clean!

Good location and facilities, but generally disinterested and rude staff.

I lost in the safe of the dollar.

• 26th Feb 2014
  • China

Best hostel I've stayed at in long tiime

Excellent value and a phenomenal location. However everything you read about the staff is true, it's a real shame because there's a lot of potential.

1 2 Next » last »