Jazz on South Beach Hostel Reviews

321 Collins Avenue, Miami, USA

The Jazz on South Beach Hostel is a nice looking place with almost everything what you expect about a good hostel but the cleanliness. We were eating in the kitchen and a cockroach was running under the tables into the wall. The same counts for the toilets in the rooms, they weren't that clean either. Otherwise it was a good hostel with decent breakfast and a nice lobby. Especially the location of the hostel makes it a good place to stay!

Pretty good hostel. great location, lots of events happening. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. The only downside is there were only 4 power points to plug in and charge your stuff and in a room of 8, that was difficult to accommodate.

Lockers you had to pay for the staff were miserable and the guy that did the hostel events was on commission to sell ticket to clubs/party every night. The kitchen was locked at certain hours. Laundry room only had two machines. Breakfast is like prison in a queue waiting for nasty pancakes. Beds are not comfy and very noisy. The location is perfect, air con is great, wifi is good, Good cheap lunch/dinner served in hostel, Bathroom is clean.

The bed was very uncomfortable! you could feel every bedspring and after two days my back started to hurt. I would have liked to have at least a small dresser but there was nothing to put our clothes so we had to leave it in our luggage. they also could have served a bigger breakfast for the price. But I liked that our room was clean!

Good location and facilities, but generally disinterested and rude staff.

I lost in the safe of the dollar.

• 26th Feb 2014
  • China

Best hostel I've stayed at in long tiime

Excellent value and a phenomenal location. However everything you read about the staff is true, it's a real shame because there's a lot of potential.

The staff was the least friendly i;ve ever had during my 8 months trip.. not helpfull, whining about cleaning the kitchen while you still were eating! Not able to move a snoring or talking person from your room, just move to another room, while those people where complaining about that person as well! Just for this i wouldn't recommend this hostel.

• 18th Feb 2014

Best hostel in Miami beach and awesome staff during my stay . Love the pancakes and bathrooms in ever room (ensuite). See you all soon !

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Antarctica

Great value for the money! Jazz has a kitchen/dining area guests can use to make their own meals - awesome! Dorm-type rooms are spacious and clean with wood laminate floors. Toilet/bath-shower is separate from the sink/dressing area that has a large mirror for less waiting. My only complaint was that it was noisy at night when other guests were talking loudly in the hall, but Jazz has ear plugs for 50 cents. I'm a regular guest at Jazz.

• 10th Feb 2014

Beware I'm in the military and Jazz doesn't accept military ID cards as a verifiable form of identification staff was very rude and uninformed about government issued ID cards

The staff didnt treat us very well. The computers didnt work, the rooms were small. The bathroom wasnt very clean

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Argentina

A few years ago, the Jazz was my favorite hostel in South Beach. Having just stayed there again in 2014, for two weeks, it still is! It's become a little strict on the rules and has lost some of its former spirit. However, it's still very well run, the breakfasts are great, the location is great, the price is great.

Nice place closer to beach with free breakfast availability, only 2 disadvantaged first there is no wifi signals in the far rooms and no soap for taking shower

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Pakistan

the kitchen is so small we had to eat standing every night, there were no chairs left. the spring was coming out of my mattres..could rest in my hole stay, awful. you are just paying for the location

Personal / staff must urgently behave more friendly and open-minded. Friendlyness is not their favorite activity! Breakfast is only 1 hour long = which is far too short! It is actually a real mess and the clients stand waiting in a row like idiots!

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Personal in front desk is very aggressive and impolite.

It would be helpful to have lockers in the room and have more control over the food you left on the fridge (I lebel them but in about just 3hours someone took it). There is only one bathroom for common use in the hostel! And the rooms has only one bathroom...You have to wait EVERY time you need to use the restroom. The breakfast is served in the lobby (?) and it´s only for 1 hour. Not mention that the "free" breakfast is only two pancackes and tea. Staff is always yelling! I didn´t like at all

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Most of the staff were not friendly, but when I was stuck the manager did help me out. Some of his staffers really should not be working tourism with their poor attitudes.