Jazz on South Beach Hostel Reviews

321 Collins Avenue, Miami, Florida, USA

Spending some days in the Jazz Hostel is definitely a good idea. It's not only perfectly situated only some minutes away from beach in the middle of south beach and in the heart of the party area, but also the atmosphere was awesome! Unfortunately staff wasn't always that nice. Especially those who worked during the late evening and night. I can totally understand that they have to stand every day some drunk guys who just wann party and sometimes get too loud. But hey! It's a hostel, stay cool!

Definitely the worst hostel to stay in South Beach. The staff are extremely stupid and rude with the guests (especially the lady who stays at the front desk at night and the housekeepers). At 10 p.m. they expel all the guests from the patio and you are forbidden even to stay in front of the hostel. They say if you want to continue drinking you have to go away from the hostel. The rooms are dirty and are rarely cleaned by housekeepers. The beds are old and very noisy. Would not recommend!

had a great time met great people from England ,France and US .Staff was good in general but that one lady at night she did not want to be there. will use again . georg

Location was great made some great new mates. The event coordinator Ernesto not sure if 100% legit couldn't get into places with wrist bands he sold and staff was very unfriendly shhh "quite time" hahaha

the kitchen close at 23 and breakfast only from 9 to 10, a bit late if you´re going on a tour tou´ll miss it

Extremely strict on rules

The location is perfect...just a block away from the beach and few blocks away from Miami's crazy night spots. We found the Party promoter guy (forgot his name but he is from Belize) to be much more helpful in providing general information that the hostel staff. The place is okay but the ever increasing institutionalization of hostels is turning the staff to be colder and the traditional hostel warmth is alarmingly fading away. But still i may stay there again on my next visit.

please return all my personal belongings to embassy suitres 33441 including my money. thank you sincerely, mrs. carol lynne eilberg levy we are preparing a guest hostel at port de mer hillsboro beach florida guests are tba ira richard eilberg mr securitech 631 424-7373 for interest, love, carol lynne eilberg levy mrs.r.

• 18th Jun 2013

I love Jazz! This is the most fun I have had in years. I don't know how you manage to do it, but the people I have met on this trip are amazing and helped me feel so comfortable and happy. I have even stayed for much longer than I intended, and not felt sorry about it at all! Thanks Jazz for a wonderful stay, close to beach, full of friends, and amazingly helpful staff and helpers. I won't forget this!

• 15th Jun 2013

Staff were not friendly and the atmosphere is pretty boring (not a party hostel). But if your running low on money it is the cheapest place in Miami beach (and possibly all of Miami).

cool ,good , i will go there again, remember to bring your lock.breakfast time from 9-10am

Clean more my co roommate got bed bugs

• 5th Jun 2013
  • Spain

Nice place to stay.

Nice hostel but they nickel and done you. I've never heard of charging for luggage storage for guests and breakfast didn't start until 9. I was out of there every day before 8 so I never got any. Rooms were decent and staff was nice. An average hostel.

One of the front desk guys was super nice and helpful (the dark-haired one) and I heard that the other was not so nice. But, I lost my key card and they didn't punish me for it, so that was nice. Also the room is super cheap and close to all the good stuff on South Beach. I didn't return to the hostel in time to actually sleep there, but I heard it was good except for that there was one weird guy who I think could have been a beach bum (but hey, it happens!). MUCH BETTER THAN BIKINI HOSTEL :)

• 1st Jun 2013

A nice hostel by the beach and also very close to one the best places to enjoy nightlife in miami. The only not so good things would be the fact that there's only one toilet for a room of 12 people and stuff wasn't always very nice. Still a great value for Money!!

There is too much law, it

• 29th May 2013

Some members of the staff were not really nice, nor helpful, the beds are really not comfortable, but the location is really perfect close to the beach and bars & restaurant (but far enough so your sleep is not disturb by drunk people on the street). I really enjoyed my stay there because I met so many cool people, the guests were really awesome. So if you're looking for a place to make new friends, enjoy the beach and nightlife but still be able to catch some sleep, that's definitely the place.

good hostel near océan drive .Some activity good for night club .

• 18th May 2013

My friend & i picked this hostel looking for a fun place to party & meet people. This is taken from the Hostel's descript "Jazz on South Beach is known as THE party hostel in South Beach for a reason!" We chose a mixed 8 bed dorm, which we've had no problem sharing a co-ed space before. & this time we were sharing an 8 bed dorm with a 50 yr old man. We felt uncomfortable, switched our room and were placed in another co-ed space also w/ 50-60 year old men. We checked out instead w/ no refund.

Dear Guest, We are sorry to the guest in your room were not to your liking . Here at JOSB we have 24 rooms in the entire hostel and focus more on the common areas like the lobby , kitchen , patio areas. these are usually the places most people meet and socialize. We also have several in house events to encourage guest to interact with one another. We do however accept any guest no matter their origins or age to come stay with us and experience what we have to offer at JAZZ ON SOUTHBEACH.