Jazz on South Beach Youth Hotel Reviews

321 Collins Avenue, Miami, USA

Male staff was very rude

• 4th Jul 2015

I thought that the staff was a bit rude. Unfortunately this affects the atmosphere. Even a simple smile from the staff would be an improvement from its current level

Hostel was okay. Rooms are outdated, but are clean. Free pancake breakfast, I block from the beach!

• 30th Jun 2015

I canceled my stayed.

good accomodation close to the beach for good price

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great location, close to Ocean Drive

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

the AC was far too high, which got me to freeze at night despite the blanket that O-I only got after two nights when I asked i appreciate the rules of quietness at night, but what about preventing customers to have TV loud all day long when they would prefer to read? lockers drawers in room 217 were just not in shape to be used: should be replaced

I love this place and would pick it before any luxurious hotel, my home💞💞💕while in Miami

• 29th May 2015
  • Sweden

Don't stay in jazz!! They charge you for everything. Go stay at SoBe hostel!

• 24th May 2015

Basically good.

Typical hostel that seems to state: 'As we are the cheapest you cannot claim about nothing'. Bathroom locker was broken, sofas in hall dirty and plenty of bugs... of course the staff, as others reviewers state, really unfriendly, when they speak to you they just look at the computer screen, not your face. My conclusion is that it's better to pay a little more to book a better hostel in Miami South Beach, especially if you are staying several days.

My stay at the Jazz Hostel was good. Very good location as it is 2 minutes from the beach. However, the staff was not really nice, never smiled at me, like they were not happy to be there.

The staff was really really unfriendly, the bathrooms were so dirty and many things are broken (the floor in the bathroom downstairs, some beds). In this so called party hostel, you couldn't even talk after 10pm in the lobby, because you have to be very quiet. To smoke or talk outside of the hostel after 10pm you have to go across the street and somke or talk there. Would never book it again.

The hostel stuff were just very rude and not nice . The room smelt pretty bad as well , and wasn't too clean, as well as the shower . It is pretty cheap , and the location is not that bad being on south beach .

• 6th May 2015
  • Israel

location and maintenance

I don't know why the staff are so rude. If they don't smile then close the whole thing. We are not homless people asking for charity. This was my second stay and I will never stay there nor recommend it to anyone

Worst hostel I ever stayed. Its far from being a party hostel, after 10 oclock the hostel has to be dead quite in all common areas(inside and outside). Staff are rude or just look that are bored to hell(come on u work in a hostel in miami beach). The hostel has no atmosphere or character or anything basic that most hostels provide. The rooms are horrible, the beds are too small and the matress was so hard it felt as a bag filled with sand or something like that. Dont go there!!

• 1st May 2015

Great location located next to public transport, supermarkets, the beach and restaurants. We had and saw nothing but extremely friendly staff! The lady when we arrived allowed us to store our bags at 11.30 and we could get them when we checked in. Our beds were freshly made when we arrived. They have 2 fridges which you can store your food and drinks in. The downfall is wifi didn't work in our room and the beds were a little thin. Still we would return when in miami next.

Second time that I stayed at Jazz Hostel, first was in 2013. At this time I became upset when after 9 dias in shared room I tried to upgrade my reservation for the last day to private because the lookers available were all broken. Even thought they have room available, the receptionist told me that wasn't possible with no explanation. Guys you need to change you beds for better ones and change the lockers... they are broken, everybody need that.

I left early and changed hostels because everything about this place is awful. Got some items stolen and developed a rash. Instead of giving me a refund for the night not stayed they gave my this itchy parting gift + I have to pay for doctor and meds. They just don't care, simple as that. There are so many better hostels in the immediate area.

• 24th Apr 2015