Jazz on South Beach Youth Hotel Reviews

321 Collins Avenue, Miami, USA

Great location located next to public transport, supermarkets, the beach and restaurants. We had and saw nothing but extremely friendly staff! The lady when we arrived allowed us to store our bags at 11.30 and we could get them when we checked in. Our beds were freshly made when we arrived. They have 2 fridges which you can store your food and drinks in. The downfall is wifi didn't work in our room and the beds were a little thin. Still we would return when in miami next.

Second time that I stayed at Jazz Hostel, first was in 2013. At this time I became upset when after 9 dias in shared room I tried to upgrade my reservation for the last day to private because the lookers available were all broken. Even thought they have room available, the receptionist told me that wasn't possible with no explanation. Guys you need to change you beds for better ones and change the lockers... they are broken, everybody need that.

I left early and changed hostels because everything about this place is awful. Got some items stolen and developed a rash. Instead of giving me a refund for the night not stayed they gave my this itchy parting gift + I have to pay for doctor and meds. They just don't care, simple as that. There are so many better hostels in the immediate area.

• 24th Apr 2015

Just two blocks from South Beach and Ocean Drive and Collins Drive beginning. Impossible better location. Staff correct.

I have stayed in this hostel three times. It is a 3 minute walk to the beach, and walking distance of everything important. Compared to other hostels in which I've stayed in SB, this has the most respectful and friendly, and diverse guests, It is easy to make friends here on the porch with a few beers. Its quite clean, and the wifi is great. Breakfast is just pancakes but hey its included. I've even stayed here alone in the female dorm. I felt safe and made friends. I love this place!

Employees are mean and a little rude.....after 11:00p.m. you are made to drink in the street, with no care of being arrested for drinking in the street. No b.b.q. grill as in brochure...kitchen with no stove😱. Broken bathrooms and doors....it seems they have no intention of fixing. Mosquitoes inside the hostel. No information on how to get there via taxi or shuttle bus. No interactions with guests. Not a normal hostel atmosphere.

Worst night of my life, would not wish this hostel on my worse enemies. The staff will talk to you like you are a piece of s***. I asked for some clean bed sheets and they tried to throw me out the hotel for being too much trouble. Stay here at your own peril. You have been warned. I would rather live on the streets.

• 6th Apr 2015

The place was very good, but staff at the reception were very rude. They are weird and don't speak English very well. In this hostel they wanna charge you for almost everything, even to use the computer. They checkout is very early and you have to pay 4$ per bag to leave your luggage there. The breakfast was good, the lady who made pancakes was very nice, and the place was always very clean. Rooms very big and comfortable. The bathroom is inside the room. Very good location.

This backpacker was really good ! I stayed with a friend 4 days in Jazz Hostel and his situation was perfect (beach, bars, nightclubs, shops, transportations...) We met a lot of friends there, the atmosphere was amazing ! Everything was clean, facilities were good, and the FREE breakfast was delicious (pancakes !!!) I really recommend Jazz Hostel!!!

Perfect Location, But the staff is not really polite and competent

Most of the staff was friendly except for the one female employee, if you take a job in hospitality learn to deal with people that are intoxicated, foreigners, etc Instead of yelling at people and calling the cops. Also room renovations at midnight?

Bathroom was moldy and dirty Top to bottom, toilet didn't work flushing mechanism was broken before and during my stay with no one caring to fix it, no vent or window in bathroom, bathroom door had issues closing, light switch in bathroom broken, old light bulbs in bathroom that work occasionally, my bed had a wet spot that became apparent because the mattress sinks in very uncomfortable period, no wash clothes, staff not friendly or welcoming, I would be better off sleeping on the beach. Urgh

• 11th Mar 2015

If the staff would be more friendly it would be perfect

• 7th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I dont know if i would recomend it.56 dollars per a shared room ....but Its one of the cheapest option you would get in Miami.Breakfast is every day pancakes.....and the staff...Oh my god!! no friendly at all specially one girl with glasses who Works in the afternoon shift.I dont know what is wrong with her.SMILE IS FOR FREE!! The good thing is the location

Have been travelling for a year around the world and these two beds are honestly the worst ones ive slept in, could feel every spring in your back, I've slept in comfier places for $5 a night . This place had next to no kitchen to cook anything. Paided over 60$ to stay in a dorm room, maybe because of the food and wine festival in town. The staff was really blunt and not entirely helpful. Lockers weren't secure at all, the floors fell through them. Would not recommend at all

• 20th Feb 2015

Had an awesome time! Met some great people. They did close down the common area and patio a bit too early plus they dont let you drink or have food in the room but besides that was awesome. We made dinner and chilled in the kitchen eating with a bunch of new friends

• 15th Feb 2015

Fernando was the desk staff I found in my room with his master key asking me why was I there. I asked him what was he talking about and in a tone I was not comfortable with and asked me again, why was I in that room. Now I used my key to get into the room. Why did this happen? I was no longer happy there and I checked out one day early and slept on the floor of the airport heading back home to New York. I still paid for both days. I was offered no apology when I explained it to the manager!

• 5th Feb 2015