Jazz on South Beach Youth Hotel Reviews

321 Collins Avenue, Miami, USA

Fernando was the desk staff I found in my room with his master key asking me why was I there. I asked him what was he talking about and in a tone I was not comfortable with and asked me again, why was I in that room. Now I used my key to get into the room. Why did this happen? I was no longer happy there and I checked out one day early and slept on the floor of the airport heading back home to New York. I still paid for both days. I was offered no apology when I explained it to the manager!

• 5th Feb 2015

I would honestly recommend this Hostel! I have stayed here for 5 nights and I really enjoyed it. Location is great, just a few minutes from the most beautiful beach I have ever seen!!! It's really close to the bus station as well. What I liked most here - Breakfast!!! Awesome pancakes eating under palm trees! If I come back to Miami I will choose this Hostel again!

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Poland

I lost a tupperware that i left on the wardrove inside my room and the cleaning lady said she saw it on the trash and threw it away. The reception lady didnt seem to care about my concern. They were very strict about the kitchen and front deck hours. At 11 pm forget about a glass of water. The kitchen has no gas for cooking.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

My stayed at the Jazz hostel ok only because the beach is two and an half. The beds are the worst,the staff is South Beach rude,and the beds suck. Yes the beds are that bad.

i was not a guest there I cancelled please refunds all monies paid. carole l levy

The staff was very rude and most of the employees didn't even speak English. The rooms, especially the bathrooms, were very dirty and there was loads of mold and rust. The breakfast only existed of pancakes, nothing else: No cereals, fruits, bread, literally nothing. It was one of the worst hostels I have ever been to.

• 10th Jan 2015

Everything was fine, Hostel is a little far from Lincoln St. But is a good option for value to money. Great pancakes breakfast ;) I would advise to improve the lockers that were in my room thought.

WORST HOSTEL IN THE WORLD! No exageration. The staff need a severe attitude change. Would highly recommend nobody ever books here. Sleeping on the street would be a better experience.

People stole my food I put in fridge, and the front desk staff were not helpful instead they being so rude. wow I don't recommend anyone to go there because of their unprofessional

By far the dirtiest hostile and rude of stuff I have ever met in the world.

• 27th Dec 2014

We stayed at Jazz for 3 nights and during that time barely got a seconds sleep due to the bedding being so terrible. In addition staff were often rude and lazy, especially the young girl who was more often then not on her phone rather than doing her job. Hostel was clean but cleaners did ruin a shirt of mine by somehow getting bleach over it. Wouldn't stay there again

• 26th Dec 2014

Check-in time 3:00pm is a bit too late for a 100$ rate per day and you get surprised by the rudeness of the staff which could never offer a solution,instead you had always an answer of yes or no!! Second is when you see the place disordered and you learn that the internet is available only when you are close to the reception otherwise you can forget about it in your room. Stayed there 45min more and had to pay 15$ per person!This is cheating and not what was written in their policies.Scarce!!!

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Spain

I appreciate the cleanliness of the place and the facilities. I feel like some of the staff could be more polite and nice with each other and the guests. I felt very uncomfortable when I heard the staff talking in Spanish about the guests.

• 18th Dec 2014

Staffs are very rude.

Thanks for everything! was great my time with you guys

Kitchen needs nicer items and cleaning supplies They need new beds in the 8 person mixed dorm. They make a ton of money so they have no reason they cant replace the crappy creaking noisy beds. Mattresses need mattress covers

The best thing was the dinner in the hostel. It cost $5 and you got 2 plates, one with salad and one with creole mincedeat and beans. Delicious!!! Staff was very friendly, good location. If you want to party there is someone organising club pickup. Breakfast is only pancakes with chocolate. I didn't try but most people queued up for it every day so seemed to enjoy it. We went to one of the big supermarkets near by and put our food in the hostel's big fridges. Ensuite bathroom is great to have!

• 1st Dec 2014

I have stayed at this hostel in the past. I think the location and atmosphere are great. It's quieter than some of its counterparts.

We were in a 12-beds dorm. There was 1 toilet and 1 bathroom in the bedroom, so 1 for 12 people. towels were not very clean. Except that the location is good and the staff was quite nice ! Good price, i still recomand this place

Lockers in our room were in need of repair as "trays" were not fastened therefore not absolutely secure. They were also small, but ok for small items and my leather coat...bring your own lock. They had lockers downstairs for rent also...small too...I mean not half or full locker sized... Bathroom was sub-par...floor tile broken, toilet switch handle thingy broken...I had to jerry rig it...but essentials are there...what to expect from hostel at $15/night? 6 bunk beds in small room-

• 26th Nov 2014