Jazz on South Beach Youth Hotel Reviews

321 Collins Avenue, Miami, USA

Employees are mean and a little rude.....after 11:00p.m. you are made to drink in the street, with no care of being arrested for drinking in the street. No b.b.q. grill as in brochure...kitchen with no stove😱. Broken bathrooms and doors....it seems they have no intention of fixing. Mosquitoes inside the hostel. No information on how to get there via taxi or shuttle bus. No interactions with guests. Not a normal hostel atmosphere.

El histel en general es bueno, pero tiene cosas especificas a mejorar.. Son muy estrictos con el horario, a las 10pm ya no te dejan estar en el patio ni siquiera fumar afuera, no tiene cocina ,solo microondas, el horario del desayuno debería extenderse un poco mas, la gente de recepción a veces no tiene la mejor disposición de ayudarteayudarte. Igualmente en cuanto a precio-calidad es lo que se espera. La gente que conocimos, si muy buena onda y tiene una excelente ubicación!!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

The place was very good, but staff at the reception were very rude. They are weird and don't speak English very well. In this hostel they wanna charge you for almost everything, even to use the computer. They checkout is very early and you have to pay 4$ per bag to leave your luggage there. The breakfast was good, the lady who made pancakes was very nice, and the place was always very clean. Rooms very big and comfortable. The bathroom is inside the room. Very good location.

This backpacker was really good ! I stayed with a friend 4 days in Jazz Hostel and his situation was perfect (beach, bars, nightclubs, shops, transportations...) We met a lot of friends there, the atmosphere was amazing ! Everything was clean, facilities were good, and the FREE breakfast was delicious (pancakes !!!) I really recommend Jazz Hostel!!!

Perfect Location, But the staff is not really polite and competent

Most of the staff was friendly except for the one female employee, if you take a job in hospitality learn to deal with people that are intoxicated, foreigners, etc Instead of yelling at people and calling the cops. Also room renovations at midnight?

Bathroom was moldy and dirty Top to bottom, toilet didn't work flushing mechanism was broken before and during my stay with no one caring to fix it, no vent or window in bathroom, bathroom door had issues closing, light switch in bathroom broken, old light bulbs in bathroom that work occasionally, my bed had a wet spot that became apparent because the mattress sinks in very uncomfortable period, no wash clothes, staff not friendly or welcoming, I would be better off sleeping on the beach. Urgh

• 11th Mar 2015

If the staff would be more friendly it would be perfect

• 7th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I dont know if i would recomend it.56 dollars per a shared room ....but Its one of the cheapest option you would get in Miami.Breakfast is every day pancakes.....and the staff...Oh my god!! no friendly at all specially one girl with glasses who Works in the afternoon shift.I dont know what is wrong with her.SMILE IS FOR FREE!! The good thing is the location

Have been travelling for a year around the world and these two beds are honestly the worst ones ive slept in, could feel every spring in your back, I've slept in comfier places for $5 a night . This place had next to no kitchen to cook anything. Paided over 60$ to stay in a dorm room, maybe because of the food and wine festival in town. The staff was really blunt and not entirely helpful. Lockers weren't secure at all, the floors fell through them. Would not recommend at all

• 20th Feb 2015

Pas de wifi dans les chambres et pas de cuisinière

I stayed for 14 days there in December and came back in March for more 14 days. They have a better promoter than other hostels, I got addicted to the breakfast (pancakes and chocolate), and the place is not so bad. It's nice to chill outside in the patio. Bad thing is that you can't stay there after 11 p.m. That sucks.

Had an awesome time! Met some great people. They did close down the common area and patio a bit too early plus they dont let you drink or have food in the room but besides that was awesome. We made dinner and chilled in the kitchen eating with a bunch of new friends

• 15th Feb 2015

Matratzen mit Plastik Überzug sehr laut und unangenehm weil man dadurch sehr schwitzt!

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Fernando was the desk staff I found in my room with his master key asking me why was I there. I asked him what was he talking about and in a tone I was not comfortable with and asked me again, why was I in that room. Now I used my key to get into the room. Why did this happen? I was no longer happy there and I checked out one day early and slept on the floor of the airport heading back home to New York. I still paid for both days. I was offered no apology when I explained it to the manager!

• 5th Feb 2015

I lost a tupperware that i left on the wardrove inside my room and the cleaning lady said she saw it on the trash and threw it away. The reception lady didnt seem to care about my concern. They were very strict about the kitchen and front deck hours. At 11 pm forget about a glass of water. The kitchen has no gas for cooking.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

i was not a guest there I cancelled please refunds all monies paid. carole l levy

The staff was very rude and most of the employees didn't even speak English. The rooms, especially the bathrooms, were very dirty and there was loads of mold and rust. The breakfast only existed of pancakes, nothing else: No cereals, fruits, bread, literally nothing. It was one of the worst hostels I have ever been to.

• 10th Jan 2015

Everything was fine, Hostel is a little far from Lincoln St. But is a good option for value to money. Great pancakes breakfast ;) I would advise to improve the lockers that were in my room thought.

Al llegar al hostel, debimos esperar mas de una hora para ser atendidos pues no habia nadie en la recepcion. Cada habitacion (donde duermen mas de diez personas) tiene solo un baño, por lo que para bañarse o demás hay que hacer fila (ademas de que es limpiado solo una vez por dia, lo que es poco considerando la cantidad de personas.

• 5th Jan 2015