Jazz on South Beach Youth Hotel Reviews

321 Collins Avenue, Miami, USA

Basically good.

Typical hostel that seems to state: 'As we are the cheapest you cannot claim about nothing'. Bathroom locker was broken, sofas in hall dirty and plenty of bugs... of course the staff, as others reviewers state, really unfriendly, when they speak to you they just look at the computer screen, not your face. My conclusion is that it's better to pay a little more to book a better hostel in Miami South Beach, especially if you are staying several days.

je suis satisfait de mon sejour a Jazz on South Beach Youth Hotel

My stay at the Jazz Hostel was good. Very good location as it is 2 minutes from the beach. However, the staff was not really nice, never smiled at me, like they were not happy to be there.

Le personnel est vraiment pas aimable, le petit déjeuner est composé de pancakes. A deux d'océan Drive le top!

The staff was really really unfriendly, the bathrooms were so dirty and many things are broken (the floor in the bathroom downstairs, some beds). In this so called party hostel, you couldn't even talk after 10pm in the lobby, because you have to be very quiet. To smoke or talk outside of the hostel after 10pm you have to go across the street and somke or talk there. Would never book it again.

• 11th May 2015

El lugar esta muy bien ubicado pero no hay ninguna actividad sociable como dice en la promocion del sitio. No Te permiten poner musica en el lobby y el desayuno son dos pancakes pequenos. Nunca nos cambiaron las toallas ni hicieron aseo.

• 6th May 2015
  • Colombia

The hostel stuff were just very rude and not nice . The room smelt pretty bad as well , and wasn't too clean, as well as the shower . It is pretty cheap , and the location is not that bad being on south beach .

• 6th May 2015
  • Israel

location and maintenance

I don't know why the staff are so rude. If they don't smile then close the whole thing. We are not homless people asking for charity. This was my second stay and I will never stay there nor recommend it to anyone

Worst hostel I ever stayed. Its far from being a party hostel, after 10 oclock the hostel has to be dead quite in all common areas(inside and outside). Staff are rude or just look that are bored to hell(come on u work in a hostel in miami beach). The hostel has no atmosphere or character or anything basic that most hostels provide. The rooms are horrible, the beds are too small and the matress was so hard it felt as a bag filled with sand or something like that. Dont go there!!

• 1st May 2015

Great location located next to public transport, supermarkets, the beach and restaurants. We had and saw nothing but extremely friendly staff! The lady when we arrived allowed us to store our bags at 11.30 and we could get them when we checked in. Our beds were freshly made when we arrived. They have 2 fridges which you can store your food and drinks in. The downfall is wifi didn't work in our room and the beds were a little thin. Still we would return when in miami next.

Second time that I stayed at Jazz Hostel, first was in 2013. At this time I became upset when after 9 dias in shared room I tried to upgrade my reservation for the last day to private because the lookers available were all broken. Even thought they have room available, the receptionist told me that wasn't possible with no explanation. Guys you need to change you beds for better ones and change the lockers... they are broken, everybody need that.

I left early and changed hostels because everything about this place is awful. Got some items stolen and developed a rash. Instead of giving me a refund for the night not stayed they gave my this itchy parting gift + I have to pay for doctor and meds. They just don't care, simple as that. There are so many better hostels in the immediate area.

• 24th Apr 2015

Just two blocks from South Beach and Ocean Drive and Collins Drive beginning. Impossible better location. Staff correct.

Employees are mean and a little rude.....after 11:00p.m. you are made to drink in the street, with no care of being arrested for drinking in the street. No b.b.q. grill as in brochure...kitchen with no stove😱. Broken bathrooms and doors....it seems they have no intention of fixing. Mosquitoes inside the hostel. No information on how to get there via taxi or shuttle bus. No interactions with guests. Not a normal hostel atmosphere.

Eu fiquei muito contente com a minha hospedagem no jazz Tem um bom ambiente, funcionários bem educados, segurança e ótima localização Eu recomendo esse hostel e também a hostelworld para fazer a reserva!

Worst night of my life, would not wish this hostel on my worse enemies. The staff will talk to you like you are a piece of s***. I asked for some clean bed sheets and they tried to throw me out the hotel for being too much trouble. Stay here at your own peril. You have been warned. I would rather live on the streets.

• 6th Apr 2015

El histel en general es bueno, pero tiene cosas especificas a mejorar.. Son muy estrictos con el horario, a las 10pm ya no te dejan estar en el patio ni siquiera fumar afuera, no tiene cocina ,solo microondas, el horario del desayuno debería extenderse un poco mas, la gente de recepción a veces no tiene la mejor disposición de ayudarteayudarte. Igualmente en cuanto a precio-calidad es lo que se espera. La gente que conocimos, si muy buena onda y tiene una excelente ubicación!!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

The place was very good, but staff at the reception were very rude. They are weird and don't speak English very well. In this hostel they wanna charge you for almost everything, even to use the computer. They checkout is very early and you have to pay 4$ per bag to leave your luggage there. The breakfast was good, the lady who made pancakes was very nice, and the place was always very clean. Rooms very big and comfortable. The bathroom is inside the room. Very good location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3