Jazz on the Park-Hostel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

The Hostel is nice for those who are traveling alone. There are activities every day (bars, comedy, andy performances. The Staff is very helpful and funny Omar, the Michael Jackson is awesome. However the location of the hostel is not good as it appears on the map. It is near the Central park but you have to take metro every time you go midtown or south of manhattan. The Hostel is definitely NOT CLEAN. The bathrooms are often very dirty and you have to shower with other people. No privacy.

I was disappointed with this hostel,cause the bathroom was small and dirty and Wi-Fi was so slow and we couldn't use it in my room. I don't think I go there again.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Japan

Small bathroom, no water machine, you have to drink pipe water, no breakfast, sucks internet, beds in poor condition, super old A/C which makes noise throughout the night, no elevator

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

My Stay here at this hostel was amazing the staff were super friendly and very helpful. The room was clean tidy the sheets were crisp clean modern furniture hallways had nice pictures and were well lit with light. Facilitates were good and the board of things do to events were really good

• 7th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Very near to the subway station and less than 2 min of Central Pk. Great place! For the price, is the best u can get it!

The staff were really friendly the location was perfect. I've already recommended to friends!

• 4th Sep 2014

This is a very budget hostel (by NYC standard) in the Upper West Side, near the northwest corner of Central Park. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Location is convenient and near the subway station at W 103 St. Walking distance to midtown and Times Square (about 30 mins). However, the bathrooms are not clean and awkwardly designed - you have to constantly press on the knob to get water out from the sink, so if you wanna wash your face in the morning or your hand, it's a bit of a nuisance.

Had a great time in this hostel. Met some really cool people and there was a good atmosphere. Not the cleanest. I was on the 5th floor and there were ants. No lift either but the lovely guy on the front desk carried my case up for me. Staff were great apart from the French guy who brought us out one night. Gave us little info of where we were going. The guys all had to pay $20 on entry and drinks were expensive even for New York. The French guy was clearly making a commission from it as he left

the mattrasses were really really bad (very thin and plastic) and the room was poorly "renovated", only bunk beds available

Thank you for your review, we apologize that you did not enjoy the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses. The bunk beds are arranged so that the guests will have more free space in the room.

wifi in all rooms

• 16th Aug 2014

For the entire 3 days we stayed at Jazz on the Park the wifi didn't work at all! The staff kept telling us that it was going to get fix but never happen. At breakfast very loud techno music was played. When my friend kindly asked an employee if it could be turned down, the employee was rude and seemed annoyed. There's not a bathroom on each floor, which means you have to go down to shower

At first I thought the Hostel was a little bit cheap. They dont seem to be investing in better infrastructure. So the rooms look old and the matresses look poor. I spent 6 nights there and I can say it's very clean, environment its great for meeting new people and might be partys going on depending on peoples willingness. So if you wanna have fun and meet new people its a good choice. Bathroom is ok, shower is ok, beds are ok. Could be better, but for a Hostel is fair. Staff is friendly!

Thank you for your feedback, we apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the environment at our hostel. Our hostel is always a place to make new friends and have fun nights. Our staff ensures that all guests are being helped and feel welcomed to stay with us.

Terrible experience. There was no water during our stay, meaning no showers, sinks, kitchen facilities, drinking water, or working toilets. When we arrived back at night the toilets were overflowing and the hostel was in utter chaos. To top things off, they didn't have towels the following day.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

great location in upper manhattan closeby to the train station and CP, with a sweet common room for meeting travelers. hostel has nightly events run by an awesome dude whose catchphrase is pop pop pop and the receptionist mary is helpful with everything and shes the best. recommend for a few nights to explore manhattan, hire their bikes for a fun time around the park. it was kinda weird when the manager came to the club with us and hit on the girls staying at the hostel though.

Thank you for your kind feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed the location and stay at our hostel. Customer service is always important to us and we ensure that all guests are having a great time and feel welcomed. We have many different events each week for the guests to enjoy at hostel also.

Jazz on the Park is a good option if you're on the budget. It is in a safe location beside Central Park and has security cameras all over. The rooms are a bit small, but they offer lockers and the beds are comfortable and clean. The bathrooms have three showers with hot water on each floor and are clean. The common/dinning room is very friendly and offer free simple breakfast every day. The ambience is very calm and familiar. The staff is very nice, especially Sergio who was very helpful! Thanks

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you for your friendly review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Our staff assures that all guests are welcomed and enjoying their stay in a clean atmosphere.

I really loved the receptionist ladies Maria and Mari , both were very helpful and very cheerful and made my stay even better. They always had some smile and nice words and gave me good help and advice where needed. Thank you Maria and Mari !!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was helpful. Customer service is always important to us, our staff strives to make sure all guests feel welcomed at our hostel.

Staff is great especially Pedro and Mary.They listen and really go out of their way to answer questions!

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff assures that all guests are helped out and feels welcomed staying with us.

The staff of the hostel was amazing ! They were really helpful - with accomodation, subway tips and our luggage (and I have to send special thanks to Jose - he did a great job ! ). Everyone were so nice for us. If I ever visit New York again - I will definitely stay in this hostel !

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Poland

Thank you for your friendly review, we are glad that you had a wonderful time staying with us at the hostel. Customer service is always important to us and our staff assures that all guests are helped and feels welcomed staying with us.

HAD A LOVELY TIME THERE, OTHER PEOPLE WERE FRIENDLY, LIKE A BIG FAMILY. STAFF WERE VERY HELPFUL ESPECIALLY PEDRO THE ALL NIGHT GUY. BUT, NEED A WORKABLE ROUTER, WIFI IS OVERLOADED AND IT IS FRUSTRATING ENOUGH FOR ME TO CHOOSE ANOTHER HOSTEL NEXT TIME.

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our hostel and that our staff was welcoming and helpful. We apologize for any inconvenience, the WiFi may be a bit slow at times due to high volume usage.

I've stayed at hostels for 10 years now and Jazz on the Park is THE best hostel in NYC!!!Full Stop!Pedro at the front desk makes you feel welcome,puts you at ease and not only answers your ??? but tells you why!He goes that extra mile and is a big reason why Jazz on the Park is #1 in NYC!!!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, we're very happy to hear that you enjoy your stay with our hostel. Customer service is always important to us, our staff strives to make sure all guests are helped and feel welcomed at our hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4