Jazz on the Park-Hostel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

위치는 브로드웨이나 타임스퀘어등에서 지하철으로 20분, 이불상당히얇음, 뜨거운물안나오고 미지근함, 밤에잘때 보일러?기계음같은게수시로들림, 로비의와이파이느림. 이외에는 괜찮은호스텔인듯

• 24th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

No internet access in the room was an incovenience

I ve been staying at hostels in NYC for 10 years now and there is no reason why anyone shouldn t stay at Jazz on the Park every time!It is literally 50 ft from Central Park,3 blocks from 2 subway lines,2 blocks from great restaurants/bars and right on major bus routes.It is central Manhattan!Not Brooklyn,not Queens and not the Bronx like other hostels are but claim they re in NYC.Jose is the man to see about anything and everything because he is a native New Yorker!His advise is honest and helfu

The real problem was the shortage of outlets on the bedroom.

• 15th Jan 2015

A great stay. I'll be back the next time I'm in NYC.

This place is nice enough.. A decent common area (which is the only place wifi works) which makes for a good amount of social interaction.. However Internet is really average - don't mean to be picky but if a beach hut in the middle of nowhere can manage "skype-able" wifi then a 5 story hostel on Manhattan probably should be able to as well! Be wary that there isn't a lift also. Prepare to be frustrated with the toilet/shower situation if you're of the male persuasion. Would(did) go back though!

With this price and very good location, we have nothing to say. Close to Central Park and subway station which is very convenient. We've stayed at 2 bed mix dorm for a week, warm enough and there were lockers provided. The bad thing is, one of the day we found our dorm door was opened and I guess because of the house keeping didn't close the door properly after they clean the trash bin ... And there is no kitchen, only a microwave ....

Avoid. Very noisy and unpleasant.

The kitchen is very poor. It doesn´t have instruments to cook, no cups, mugs, either cutlery. There is a grocery very near the hostel, so you can buy food there.

Worst hostel i've been to so far.

This is one of the WORST hostels I have ever stayed out. The staff were very rude and uncaring...I had booked for 2 nights in a 2 person room but their system only showed 1 night. After going back and forth for a while they finally accommodated me in a 6 person dorm for higher the price? Not to mention the staff played loud music all throughout the night making it impossible to rest here. I am very disappointed in this facility and DO NOT RECOMMEND!

• 8th Jan 2015

By far the cheapest hostel we found - good value because of cleanliness and good location. Downsides: Wifi only in the common area, which is small and crowded in the evening. Kitchen was poorly equipped - there are microwaves, but no bowls or plates to use with. Only plastic cutlery (packs with one fork, spoon and knife). So if you just want to use spoons, you waste a fork and a knife every time. Choose a room on floors 1-3 because 4 and 5 are not very well heated.

I had an amazing time at Jazz hostel, staff members were extremely accommodating and friendly. They were so kind and very involved with and helpful in planning activities. The hostel had an excellent atmosphere and was clean and tidy. Sergio and José were perfect hosts. I extremely recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a fun time with awesome attendants and a good vibe! Enjoy your time in New York City!

We were really impressed with this hostel for the price - when you're choosing between the cheapest hostels you can find, it's hard to know what you might end up with. For the price, the service, the location, and the cleanliness, it was excellent value. Of course, the building and facilities show wear and tear, like any hostel, but it was comfortable and very clean - bathroom facilities and floors were cleaned with bleach every day we were there. Will definitely be back next time we're in NYC!

It's not worth

If you are traveling alone like I was and want a friendly hostel close to Central Park and the subway station, this is the place to stay. I really have nothing to complain about it. Actually I was sad to left everyone there and come back home.

• 2nd Jan 2015

It's a nice hostel. I stayed in a two-bed bedroom, clean and spacious with enough room for both. The only problem I had was that I arrived at 11pm on New Year's Eve, I let them know about my late check-in the day before, but no one was at the front desk to open the door (I called and wait for 30min) or available to check me in. Beside that, the atmosphere there is great and also is the location, one block away from Central Park and two blocks from 103st W subway station.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Argentina

It was okay. I got to know many awesome friends. But it was so cold, so I didn't even take shower.

nice hostel. does not have wifi on the rooms and no male bathroom in first floor. other than that, comfy hostel, in a nice neighborhood, near the subway and central park.

Good location, close to subway station and plenty of delis near by. Not many showers or toilets and bathrooms were often dirty. Communal areas were good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6