Jazz on the Park-Hostel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

Jose and Sabrina were awesome. Mostly clean, most of the time. You get sheets, pillow and blanket - which were clean. There is a subway station close-by - so getting around the city was easy. Some annoying things... Most taps required you to hold the lever down with one hand or the water would stop after 2seconds - this was annoying. There were too few plug points in the 6 bed dorm for everyone to charge their phones at night. Nearest guys bathroom was on a different floor. Ventilation wasn't

• 27th Oct 2014
  • South Africa

Best Halloween decorations ever

• 20th Oct 2014

I've stayed in hostels all over the world - from Tokyo to LA. This has been the most expensive and most disappointing experience to date. They never pick up the phone. When I went to check out,a sign was posted saying staff would be back in 30 minutes. I waited over an our and missed the train I was planning on taking and no one ever came back. Don't even bother with the bathrooms or taking a shower. There were stains on my pillowcases and bed sheets. Disgusting.

The lockers to store the luggage are on the lower level and there is NO elevator. They sent us to the 4th floor!!! How does a Hostel with so many stairs (on your way in to get to reception, to store the luggage and to get to your room) has no elevator; they don't even help you at all (except the only nice blond girl that works there). They split our group of friends into 2 bedrooms and made us switch rooms after the second night. No lost and found available, I know this because my towel got lost

I just stayed here one night. Bit pricey, staff are nice. Not much of a part hostel, everyone kinda sticks to themselves. They need to organise walking tours amd more social activities. Location close to subway, but apart from Central Park, far from everything. Okay to crash for a night or two but not any longer

Thank you for your review, we are glad that our staff was helpful and friendly. Our staff sets up events every night for our guests to enjoy and socialize. There are shows and games every night and on the weekend we bring the guests our to night clubs around New York City. We also have brochures located around our front desk, for walking tours and many more sightseeing activities around the city.

The hostel was more or less what I expected: it was easily reachable, the beds were clean and the shower warm.

• 9th Oct 2014

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed our facility. Our staff comes in every day to make sure our facility is clean and welcoming to our guests.

This was my first hostel experience, as well as the first for most of the members in my party. It was great, the atmosphere for with other people there, the drinking games, the social nights, all of it was great. It was perfect for those of us who wanted to break out of our comfort zones, and for those who just wanted to tuck off into a corner as well. If you're down-to-earth about space, privacy, and sleeping arrangements, you'll be fine. If you're a rich only child, you might be shocked.

• 8th Oct 2014

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you had a great time at our hostel. We have events set up every night for our guests so that they can all socialize, have fun and feel welcomed.

The worst facility ever. I felt l was staying in a cell. How on earth i can’t use wifi in my own room? Only one restroom on the floor sharing with a bunch of people. When i took a shower, the spot was horribly small like a half size of bathtub where you have to to everything. I had nothing to do in my room and had to go down to fhe first floor to use internet going back to 5th floor to sleep. Also you can’t cook at all. By the way, thank you housekeeper for throwing my cleaning kit. Idiot

• 8th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. We do not advertise free wifi but however, we do provide complimentary wifi to all our guests in our common areas. We have many bathroom and shower stalls on each floor for everyone to share. In our hostel we set up nightly events for our guests to enjoy. We also have a microwave and refrigerator available to our guests to use at all times. We do keep lost and found items at our front desk.

I was satisfied with my experience at the Jazz on the park hostel, I had a mix up with my room reservation but thanks to a super friendly lady , Mary, at the reception she did a wonderful job and helped me out in no time. The downsides of my experience were , no WiFi in the rooms and the building has no elevator , and onsite kitchen didn't provide hot drinks and we had to take breakfast in paper bags from a next door Deli shop. Otherwise was great fun.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

Thank you for your friendly review, we apologize for any inconvenience but we are glad that our staff was a great help. Unfortunately, we do not advertise free wifi, a full kitchen facility nor an elevator, but we do provide complimentary wifi in common areas and breakfast every morning for our guests. We also have a microwave and refrigerator available to all our guests at all times.

Rooms have plenty of room for bags, smaller locker for personal stuff & towels included. 1 block from Central Park (bike rental was great) & 3 blocks to subway. Kitchen isn't really usable, breakfast was a voucher to deli a block away (all our orders were wrong). Nightly activities a plus--Thurs & Wed comedy night - great; Fri & Sat nightclub option is fun (NYC dress code is expected-- we weren't told & our group was turned away from a club.

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed our facility and the night events that our hostel provides. We apologize for any inconvenience, we do not advertise a full kitchen facility but we do have a microwave and a refrigerator available to guests at all times.

Staff are cool, and pretty good value/location for NY. Facilities could be improved a bit - e.g. a kitchen, and beds that aren't so small and noisy!

Thank you for your review, we are glad that the staff was very welcoming and you enjoyed the location. Unfortunately, we do not advertise a full kitchen facility but we do have a microwave and refrigerator available at all times to our guests. We apologize that you did not enjoy the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses.

Iys like a military laundry

Good customer service, location good. toilet not spacious. mattress very thin. no kitchen for cooking. its ok for a last choice. there was no window the room i stayed. lol! New York its all about money. when you go to seattle the toilets are almost like 5 star hotel. atmosphere in hostels in seattle feels like home.

Although it was not as bad as the ratings suggests, it was a lot of money for a bed and an awful breakfast. Cheapest hostel we could find with a good location has it going for it, but the showers were horrible, the rooms smelt and the entertainment was poor. Book way in advance for a different, better hostel

Not sure how this place has 100% reviews, must be putting in fake reviews? Horrible place, don't know where to even start. Staff were very rude and unhelpful, showers and toilets were disgusting, Wifi was shocking, beds were like rocks. Stayed in hostels all over the world and this is by far the worst.

I didn't use a lot of the facilitates, but everything seemed clean and good. The wifi worked well in the main room. I will plan ahead next time and use their kitchen facilities rather than eating out.

• 12th Sep 2014

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Unfortunately, we do not have a full kitchen facility however we do have a microwave available to guests at all times and a refrigerator that guests can store their food.

The Hostel is nice for those who are traveling alone. There are activities every day (bars, comedy, andy performances. The Staff is very helpful and funny Omar, the Michael Jackson is awesome. However the location of the hostel is not good as it appears on the map. It is near the Central park but you have to take metro every time you go midtown or south of manhattan. The Hostel is definitely NOT CLEAN. The bathrooms are often very dirty and you have to shower with other people. No privacy.

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed all our activities and that our staff was helpful and friendly. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We have cleaning staff that some in every day to clean the facility. There are curtains on every shower stall and each floor has separate male and female showers.

I was disappointed with this hostel,cause the bathroom was small and dirty and Wi-Fi was so slow and we couldn't use it in my room. I don't think I go there again.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Japan

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our WiFi is complimentary to our guests and because of high volume usage it may be a bit slow at times. We have cleaning staff that comes in to clean the bathrooms and showers every day.

Small bathroom, no water machine, you have to drink pipe water, no breakfast, sucks internet, beds in poor condition, super old A/C which makes noise throughout the night, no elevator

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. We have vending machine that you may purchase bottled water from and our sinks are all filtered tap water. We offer complimentary breakfast to our guests every morning. We upgraded our WiFi system, which is also complimentary to our guests. The beds are all new spring-less mattresses and our a/c are working properly in every room. We do not advertise an elevator in our building.

My Stay here at this hostel was amazing the staff were super friendly and very helpful. The room was clean tidy the sheets were crisp clean modern furniture hallways had nice pictures and were well lit with light. Facilitates were good and the board of things do to events were really good

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you had an amazing time at our hostel and that our staff was very helpful to you. We are glad that you enjoyed all the events that we set up for our guests every night. We provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all our guests.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4