Jazz on the Park-Hostel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

Had a great time in this hostel. Met some really cool people and there was a good atmosphere. Not the cleanest. I was on the 5th floor and there were ants. No lift either but the lovely guy on the front desk carried my case up for me. Staff were great apart from the French guy who brought us out one night. Gave us little info of where we were going. The guys all had to pay $20 on entry and drinks were expensive even for New York. The French guy was clearly making a commission from it as he left

the mattrasses were really really bad (very thin and plastic) and the room was poorly "renovated", only bunk beds available

wifi in all rooms

• 16th Aug 2014

For the entire 3 days we stayed at Jazz on the Park the wifi didn't work at all! The staff kept telling us that it was going to get fix but never happen. At breakfast very loud techno music was played. When my friend kindly asked an employee if it could be turned down, the employee was rude and seemed annoyed. There's not a bathroom on each floor, which means you have to go down to shower

At first I thought the Hostel was a little bit cheap. They dont seem to be investing in better infrastructure. So the rooms look old and the matresses look poor. I spent 6 nights there and I can say it's very clean, environment its great for meeting new people and might be partys going on depending on peoples willingness. So if you wanna have fun and meet new people its a good choice. Bathroom is ok, shower is ok, beds are ok. Could be better, but for a Hostel is fair. Staff is friendly!

Terrible experience. There was no water during our stay, meaning no showers, sinks, kitchen facilities, drinking water, or working toilets. When we arrived back at night the toilets were overflowing and the hostel was in utter chaos. To top things off, they didn't have towels the following day.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

great location in upper manhattan closeby to the train station and CP, with a sweet common room for meeting travelers. hostel has nightly events run by an awesome dude whose catchphrase is pop pop pop and the receptionist mary is helpful with everything and shes the best. recommend for a few nights to explore manhattan, hire their bikes for a fun time around the park. it was kinda weird when the manager came to the club with us and hit on the girls staying at the hostel though.

Jazz on the Park is a good option if you're on the budget. It is in a safe location beside Central Park and has security cameras all over. The rooms are a bit small, but they offer lockers and the beds are comfortable and clean. The bathrooms have three showers with hot water on each floor and are clean. The common/dinning room is very friendly and offer free simple breakfast every day. The ambience is very calm and familiar. The staff is very nice, especially Sergio who was very helpful! Thanks

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Mexico

I really loved the receptionist ladies Maria and Mari , both were very helpful and very cheerful and made my stay even better. They always had some smile and nice words and gave me good help and advice where needed. Thank you Maria and Mari !!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Staff is great especially Pedro and Mary.They listen and really go out of their way to answer questions!

The staff of the hostel was amazing ! They were really helpful - with accomodation, subway tips and our luggage (and I have to send special thanks to Jose - he did a great job ! ). Everyone were so nice for us. If I ever visit New York again - I will definitely stay in this hostel !

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Poland

HAD A LOVELY TIME THERE, OTHER PEOPLE WERE FRIENDLY, LIKE A BIG FAMILY. STAFF WERE VERY HELPFUL ESPECIALLY PEDRO THE ALL NIGHT GUY. BUT, NEED A WORKABLE ROUTER, WIFI IS OVERLOADED AND IT IS FRUSTRATING ENOUGH FOR ME TO CHOOSE ANOTHER HOSTEL NEXT TIME.

I've stayed at hostels for 10 years now and Jazz on the Park is THE best hostel in NYC!!!Full Stop!Pedro at the front desk makes you feel welcome,puts you at ease and not only answers your ??? but tells you why!He goes that extra mile and is a big reason why Jazz on the Park is #1 in NYC!!!

Stayed here for 13 nights and enjoyed it so much! The staff is amazing. Make sure to get to know Maria "Helena", she will put a smile on your face! I do not know how to make an 8 with 10 lines..

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Norway

The guy un receptiom are so kind and helfull. -ask for Mary and $ergio.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Wonderful time! Wonderful staff! I really enjoyed this time..3 blocks away from the subway station so it is always a good time to go.out and enjoy the city.. i met a lot of new people. I just had the best time.ever.. and of.course it is NYC..

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Bolivia

Good hostel. Very close to the park!

The staff was very nice. I just had one problem, when I get there they had his credit card machine broken so I had to pay all my stay in cash. Beyond that, the rest was ok.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Spain

wifi is poor

the location is perfect. what i only dont like is the bad. it was very uncomfortable. other than that, all was great, thanks....

Thank you for your kind review, we would like to apologize that you did not enjoy the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses but we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4