Jazz on the Park-Hostel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

I've stayed at hostels for 10 years now and Jazz on the Park is THE best hostel in NYC!!!Full Stop!Pedro at the front desk makes you feel welcome,puts you at ease and not only answers your ??? but tells you why!He goes that extra mile and is a big reason why Jazz on the Park is #1 in NYC!!!

Stayed here for 13 nights and enjoyed it so much! The staff is amazing. Make sure to get to know Maria "Helena", she will put a smile on your face! I do not know how to make an 8 with 10 lines..

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Norway

The guy un receptiom are so kind and helfull. -ask for Mary and $ergio.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Wonderful time! Wonderful staff! I really enjoyed this time..3 blocks away from the subway station so it is always a good time to go.out and enjoy the city.. i met a lot of new people. I just had the best time.ever.. and of.course it is NYC..

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Bolivia

Good hostel. Very close to the park!

The staff was very nice. I just had one problem, when I get there they had his credit card machine broken so I had to pay all my stay in cash. Beyond that, the rest was ok.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Spain

wifi is poor

the location is perfect. what i only dont like is the bad. it was very uncomfortable. other than that, all was great, thanks....

Thank you for your kind review, we would like to apologize that you did not enjoy the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses but we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

The breakfast, although free, was low quality. I liked that there was a free comedy show, but I didn't like the fact that a cockroach climbed up my pant leg during the show. When I arrived, someone was occupying my bed in the dorm room because it was so difficult to read the signs on the beds.

Pretty cool hostel. Cozy atmosphere and near central park, has nothing to Jazz. In regards to front desk Maria very warm and welcoming. Recommend the hostel to all.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Lebanon

Every one was so good to us, felt really lookedafter

• 19th Jun 2014

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay; customer service is always important to us.

Jazz is a decent hostel with a nice staff. I like that it is so close to Central Park and not far from the subway. The only real bummer was having to pay for wifi, which I did not bother to do because other patrons told me it did not always work.

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was welcoming and helpful. We apologize that you did not get a chance to take advantage of our free WiFi that we offer in our lobby area. Due to high volume usage the signals may be a bit slow. We also offer WiFi throughout the building and in rooms with a small fee.

Had such a good stay at Jazz on the Park even though it was short, girl on the reception was so nice and welcoming. Shower and facilities were nice and clean, wifi was good value and bed was comfortable. The fan in the room was a bit noisy but it kept the room nice and cool. Really appreciated the instructions from Newark Airport I received in my booking email. Thanks again!

Thank you very much for your kind feedback, we are glad you had such a great time at our hostel. Feel free to email us with any questions if you are planning another stay in the future.

Inconvenient showers where one has to leave clothes unwatched while others might also be sholwerinng in nearby cabins.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Belarus

- Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry for the inconvenience however, we do offer hooks and racks in front of each shower stall for your clothing.

Nice place, near the park. The bed are not comfortable and squeaky. There's only one bathroom cabin per entire floor. (30 ppl). The showers barely had hot water. Ac was good and services at the desk also. They carge 4$ a day for storage at the storage room.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you have encountered while staying with us. Our beds are all new spring-less mattresses. There are 2 bathroom cabins on each floor, one for men and one for women, each cabin has 4 shower stalls. Hot water runs throughout the building 24-hours and because lack of storage space we charge a small fee.

Staff wasn't the most helpful, didn't explain where anything was in the hostel or provide towels until I had to go ask. A couple blocks from the subway. Bed were extremely loud when you moved on them.

• 8th Jun 2014

We are sorry for the inconvenience that you have encountered. Customer service is always important to us and our staff strives for the best. Our beds are new spring-less mattresses for the comfort of our guest. Towels are provided for each bed upon arrival. Thank you for your review it always helps us improve in the future.

clean hostel, helpful staff!

• 7th Jun 2014

We appreciate you taking your time to give us a feedback and we’re glad we were great help, customer service is always a first priority to us.

The hostel is good, well located and part of the stag is very nice, I made a reservation for 12 night and I paid the deposit, but when arrived they has being cancel my reservation because I arrived later, I was informed that we will arrive later, the beds are uncomfortable make a lot of noise, and the people play music at the middle of the night very high in the breakfast room, the breakfast is good but every day is the same.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Chile

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a feedback, if arriving late we advise that guest should send us an email or give us a call. We are sorry for the inconvenience of your stay, as our beds are all new spring-less mattresses. The music is a part of entertainment for our guest, open for any suggestions and we are glad you enjoyed the breakfast.

Staff were friendly and helpful and the room was spacious. Atmosphere was good, so was the breakfast, though location is not ideal (if you want to be close to the action of midtown, soho, Chelsea and so on). Great if you enjoying Central Park... Bathrooms and toilets were clean but a but far from the room...

Thank you for your kind feedback, we are glad you enjoyed the location and had a great stay with us.

location is very good,if you want live in Manhattan. it is nearby the central park,and there are several museums nearby,and very close to subway station. staffs are nice.breakfast is free and several choices to make(fruit+muffin+toasts+oatmeal) BUT there is no free wifi, you have to purchase!!!!!

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the location and attractions in New York City. We offer free WiFi in our lobby and cafeteria.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4