Jazz on the Park-Hostel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

At first I thought the Hostel was a little bit cheap. They dont seem to be investing in better infrastructure. So the rooms look old and the matresses look poor. I spent 6 nights there and I can say it's very clean, environment its great for meeting new people and might be partys going on depending on peoples willingness. So if you wanna have fun and meet new people its a good choice. Bathroom is ok, shower is ok, beds are ok. Could be better, but for a Hostel is fair. Staff is friendly!

Terrible experience. There was no water during our stay, meaning no showers, sinks, kitchen facilities, drinking water, or working toilets. When we arrived back at night the toilets were overflowing and the hostel was in utter chaos. To top things off, they didn't have towels the following day.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Jazz on the Park is a good option if you're on the budget. It is in a safe location beside Central Park and has security cameras all over. The rooms are a bit small, but they offer lockers and the beds are comfortable and clean. The bathrooms have three showers with hot water on each floor and are clean. The common/dinning room is very friendly and offer free simple breakfast every day. The ambience is very calm and familiar. The staff is very nice, especially Sergio who was very helpful! Thanks

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Mexico

I really loved the receptionist ladies Maria and Mari , both were very helpful and very cheerful and made my stay even better. They always had some smile and nice words and gave me good help and advice where needed. Thank you Maria and Mari !!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Staff is great especially Pedro and Mary.They listen and really go out of their way to answer questions!

The staff of the hostel was amazing ! They were really helpful - with accomodation, subway tips and our luggage (and I have to send special thanks to Jose - he did a great job ! ). Everyone were so nice for us. If I ever visit New York again - I will definitely stay in this hostel !

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Poland

HAD A LOVELY TIME THERE, OTHER PEOPLE WERE FRIENDLY, LIKE A BIG FAMILY. STAFF WERE VERY HELPFUL ESPECIALLY PEDRO THE ALL NIGHT GUY. BUT, NEED A WORKABLE ROUTER, WIFI IS OVERLOADED AND IT IS FRUSTRATING ENOUGH FOR ME TO CHOOSE ANOTHER HOSTEL NEXT TIME.

I've stayed at hostels for 10 years now and Jazz on the Park is THE best hostel in NYC!!!Full Stop!Pedro at the front desk makes you feel welcome,puts you at ease and not only answers your ??? but tells you why!He goes that extra mile and is a big reason why Jazz on the Park is #1 in NYC!!!

Stayed here for 13 nights and enjoyed it so much! The staff is amazing. Make sure to get to know Maria "Helena", she will put a smile on your face! I do not know how to make an 8 with 10 lines..

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Norway

The guy un receptiom are so kind and helfull. -ask for Mary and $ergio.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Wonderful time! Wonderful staff! I really enjoyed this time..3 blocks away from the subway station so it is always a good time to go.out and enjoy the city.. i met a lot of new people. I just had the best time.ever.. and of.course it is NYC..

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Bolivia

Good hostel. Very close to the park!

The staff was very nice. I just had one problem, when I get there they had his credit card machine broken so I had to pay all my stay in cash. Beyond that, the rest was ok.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Spain

wifi is poor

the location is perfect. what i only dont like is the bad. it was very uncomfortable. other than that, all was great, thanks....

Thank you for your kind review, we would like to apologize that you did not enjoy the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses but we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

The breakfast, although free, was low quality. I liked that there was a free comedy show, but I didn't like the fact that a cockroach climbed up my pant leg during the show. When I arrived, someone was occupying my bed in the dorm room because it was so difficult to read the signs on the beds.

Pretty cool hostel. Cozy atmosphere and near central park, has nothing to Jazz. In regards to front desk Maria very warm and welcoming. Recommend the hostel to all.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Lebanon

Every one was so good to us, felt really lookedafter

• 19th Jun 2014

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay; customer service is always important to us.

Jazz is a decent hostel with a nice staff. I like that it is so close to Central Park and not far from the subway. The only real bummer was having to pay for wifi, which I did not bother to do because other patrons told me it did not always work.

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was welcoming and helpful. We apologize that you did not get a chance to take advantage of our free WiFi that we offer in our lobby area. Due to high volume usage the signals may be a bit slow. We also offer WiFi throughout the building and in rooms with a small fee.

Had such a good stay at Jazz on the Park even though it was short, girl on the reception was so nice and welcoming. Shower and facilities were nice and clean, wifi was good value and bed was comfortable. The fan in the room was a bit noisy but it kept the room nice and cool. Really appreciated the instructions from Newark Airport I received in my booking email. Thanks again!

Thank you very much for your kind feedback, we are glad you had such a great time at our hostel. Feel free to email us with any questions if you are planning another stay in the future.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4