Jazz on the Park-Hostel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

It was my 5th time saying in NYC. I would say it is the worth one. First of all, the "local taxes" we're not included in the final bill. It's like extra 15 dollars. So sad. Secondly, I was given a towel which was actually yellow. Not because of the color but because it was absolutely dirty. Sorry, guys, I threw it away. My last two mornings were without breakfast. They just cancelled it and didn't give money back for this option. I would never stay there and recommend it to anybody.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Russia

The Hostel is quite fair with a good price-service relation (clean, good bathrooms, good breakfast and good mood). If it had elevators would be more easy the access but until 5 floors of ladders it is fair enough.

Had booked a 2 bed female dorm as I was staying with a friend - we weren't placed in the same room. Obviously this can happen with hostels, however, usually a hostel will try their best to accommodate for this - which they did not. Bedrooms were too hot. Bathrooms and bedrooms weren't as clean as they should've been. Reception booked a taxi to the airport which was meant to arrive in 10 mins - 50 mins later and no sign of taxi.

Was sleeping on the fifth floor which was freezing and as a result we all left New York ill. Originally they didn't put me and two friends I had booked for in the same room which was annoying but after words with a staff member we got put into a room on the Baltic fifth floor together. Had to wear a hat, scarf, gloves and three pairs of socks to bed. I liked how they let us leave our luggage there after checking out so we didn't have carry them around for our last day. Free breakfast also great

• 6th Dec 2014

Perhaps the only big drawback was there being only 1 toilet per floor.

Great staff. I definitely enjoyed talking to Freddie, Mary, and Yulisus (not sure if I'm spelling it correctly. Eric's brother, anyhow). However, everyone was very friendly.

• 2nd Dec 2014

The place was clean and warm. Only improvement is to have power outlets near beds and a bit of modernising. Only real negative was that it has no running taps - only push ones which stop after 5 seconds!

A good place to stay for a few nights !

• 29th Nov 2014

The bathroom was really dirty. Also the bedroom wasn't so clean. The staff wasn't really welcome.

The staff were the best bit- they made me feel so welcome as a solo traveller! It has everything you need, I was a bit cold at night, but it would have been an easy fix if I had worn an extra layer.

Overall a nice hostel. A little bit far from the action, but a 5 minute walk from the subway. The staff weren't particularly friendly or helpful. If you are looking for a party kind of vibe, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

The staff don't know what they do! I had a reservation for three days and when I arrived in the Hostel they said that the room was in the 5th floor and there's no elevator in the building. I asked for a room in the second floor. The employee said that she has to cancel my hostel world reservation and do another one. I said ok. What was my surprise when I came back in the evening? All my stuffs were in a trash bag in the luggage room!!! The new reservation was made only for one night!!!

• 25th Nov 2014

We booked a 6 bed mixed dorm. There was six of us travelling and staying in the hostel however we got separated into two rooms.

• 24th Nov 2014

The hostel is great, about 10 minutes from Times Square on the subway. The staff are great and helpful

Staff were not particularly helpful on entry. There is no party vibe. Wifi is only in the downstairs common room and not in rooms. Location wasn't great, but subway is nearby so you can still get around. Breakfast consists of a bagel, coffee and banana which is not bad as it is free. Overall, I would not stay here again if I head back to NYC.

Good value and staff was friendly and helpful. Major downside was the lack of a working kitchen, you can only make meals in the microwave. The showers had a severe lack of space also, no shelving to store your clothing and no shelves in the shower stalls to put anything.

It is defeniteky one of the worst places I have been. The stuff was not nice at all, no even smiling, I had a feeling that they did not enjoy their work at all. The kitchen downstairs was really dirty and no one wanted to clean it, also the atmosphere was really bad. I did not wanted to come to the hostel after days walking in New York. I would defenitely recommend you to stay aaway from this place if you could find something else.

Great place - convenient location a few blocks from the bus to LGA airport and all west side subway lines. Rooms are clean and warm, water is hot, everyone is super-nice. Great experience!

It was great!! very good Location!!

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Peru

Had a great stay! Cool staff (Jose and Omar)! Nice rooms. Awesome location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5