Jazz on the Park-Hostel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

Great place - convenient location a few blocks from the bus to LGA airport and all west side subway lines. Rooms are clean and warm, water is hot, everyone is super-nice. Great experience!

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Ukraine

Had a great stay! Cool staff (Jose and Omar)! Nice rooms. Awesome location.

Staff was consistently unfriendly. There are no proper kitchen facilities, the fridge was full of rotten groceries and when staff did clean it out, they clearly had not been doing it regularly, as they laughed about how old and expired food items were. They ended up in the mess of cleaning it up, throwing out one of my tagged and dated bags of groceries. Tables are not wiped down in the common room. Guests were often sleeping on the couches in the main area, doors unlocked, etc

• 15th Nov 2014

Jazz on the park is the best hostel in NYC and the location is right next to central park. Really cool and helpful staff, especially Jose and Maria. They organise free events such as pub crawls and comedy nights. The rate is also very good for NYC. I really recommend it.

Staying at this hostel was very special - employees always willing to help, nice breakfast, good matress (not too soft), interesting people, interesting events happening almost every evening - what more could u wish for :D And off course - there's no curfew ! U can come whenever - u get a card that opens all the doors you need :)

This is my 3rd time staying at the hostel. There is a lot of fun, good entertainment & great staff (especially Jose, Omar and Sergio) I stayed numerous times at hostels in Amsterdam which is a fun place but Jazz has taken 1st place on my list. Highly recommend it!

I paid under $40 for my one-night stay, so I had low expectations. I didn't care that it was loud, that there was no elevator, that the rooms didn't look like the pictures, etc. Everything was fine. But I give this hostel great ratings because, beyond value and location, it doesn't have a whole lot going for it. It's not the cleanest or most inviting. My biggest complaint is they really need more privacy in the showers, and some place to put your towel and clothes!

• 11th Nov 2014

When we arrived, we have been welcomed by 3 girls who were talking on the phone! They did not take the time to show us our room. The building is quite big and we lost ourselves. They look like they did not care at all. The room felt like a prison cell and was not at all soundproof. We were hearing people in the toilets. For one night it was okay but I don't recommend it for several nights. It was clean though and very well situated! Plus, breakfast was included and free condoms at the reception

• 8th Nov 2014

Excelente experiencia, solo me hizo falta el futbolín que vi en las fotos.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Costa Rica

The hostel is very noisy without kitchen and commonroom. Not enough washrooms and the washrooms are dirty.

• 5th Nov 2014

The dorm was cold at night and we had to do the beds everyday again.

Only stayed here one night and it served it's purpose. Easy to get the Metro downtown. The bathrooms were pretty dirty but otherwise the facilities were fine. Just your standard hostel really. I did get free vodka cocktails upon arriving much later than expected so that was a nice touch!

Absolutely LOVED my stay here!! The staff are friendly and super helpful and the hostel is fun and social. I made the best friends with staff and travellers from so many different countries and we went on great organised social events. It's in a great location right next to Central Park and near the subway- what more could you want?! Recommend this hostel to everyone!!

• 2nd Nov 2014

The hostel isn't nearby the main atractions but it has a good price. Every guests I knew were good person. A good oportunity for price x advantages. The breakfast is very basic. The wifi almost never works in the rooms, and sometimes even in the lounge. I was in the first floor, but the bathroom was in thd third.

Bunks were flimsy, for a 6'1" 190lb man, they tipped climbing into the top bunk. The heating an old radiator: noisy w/ no control. Key card never worked in the front door. The bathroom set up was very poor...no room for 2 people to brush teeth at the same time and door to the hallway exposed all the showers. The location was the best part and it was relatively clean, but what upset me the most was the staff. They lied to me when I asked if I could switch to bottom bunk. Very frustrating.

• 31st Oct 2014

The 2 bed space we had was too small for 2. It's awkward when you don't know the person. Reprinting needed in the room and locker up upgrade. Cafeteria also needs working on. But the girls at reception were the best and the place was clean. A lift wouldn't hurt either.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • South Africa

Disappointed with they overcharging me really.Oct 15th when i booked i got email to pay $431.55 on arrival & on 28th Oct night i had to pay $ 466.55 by card. I raised this issue on 2nd Nov + then emailed on Nov 10th + on Nov 17th i emailed them my receipt. Still not heard about my $ 34 refund pls. In principle i see that any hidden charges has to be informed to a customer before booking itself isn't? Why would i book then if i had known this as costly?. Never had Breakfast. Nice helpful staff .

Stayed at Jazz at various times while i was in NYC! and i really enjoyed my time there, thats why i always came back to the hostel! The staff is really good and helpfull, seems like José is working 24/7 and he is really doing a great job for the hostel, always nice, talks to everyone and makes sure they have a good time at the hostel. Every night they have an special event that's going on at the hostel! And the event guy (Omar) is really doing a good job! So go to the events! //Robin

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Jose and Sabrina were awesome. Mostly clean, most of the time. You get sheets, pillow and blanket - which were clean. There is a subway station close-by - so getting around the city was easy. Some annoying things... Most taps required you to hold the lever down with one hand or the water would stop after 2seconds - this was annoying. There were too few plug points in the 6 bed dorm for everyone to charge their phones at night. Nearest guys bathroom was on a different floor. Ventilation wasn't

• 27th Oct 2014
  • South Africa

All pretty fine, but they were a bit incessant about trying to make us join in hostel events. It's good that they put stuff on, but a bit annoying that they hassle guests as soon as they arrive or whenever they walk by the door. I preferred the HI-NYC hostel a couple blocks over.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5