Jazz on the Park-Hostel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, New York, USA

2038 Total Reviews

It was a nice enough place, however, security was lax (you could walk right up to the residences area without challenge or lock), and location relies heavily on either >45 minutes of walking to downtown Manhattan, or on the subway system. Cleaning staff would walk into our room and the men's bathroom without knocking or hesitating, the desk staff was either disinterested in their job or not really knowledgeable about the area. The morning bagel/muffin and juice was a nice surprise, though!

Hostel well located and close to the subway. Rooms not very well cleaned and the bed are provided w/o blankets. So provide some yourself! The mattresses are very old and not confortable.......please change!!!

Staff is very cooperative. Hostel is very clean and they provide good breakfast, however bed in the room are of poor quality.

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Pakistan

I always travel in Hostels ; unstable WIFI, hard in the evening, impossible in the rooms ; so, you will have to buy the connection. The atmosphere wasted by the poor animation, very NOISY even in the middle of each night... ;music TOO LOUD in the morning, we cannot talk to each other and share easily, the breakfast supposed to close at 9 :30. was often empty at 9 :00 ; the furnitures, showers too old. good cleaning by the employees. The last years were better with better staff

The most amazing thing about Jazz on the park is its location and its staff. Its close to subway, central park and downtown Manhattan. New York is expensive, this I realized when I entered this small room having a bunker bed only. The restrooms and baths are too small and are not very clean all the time. There are many stores and restaurants nearby so eating on a budget is not a problem.

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Pakistan

Very nice staff, always in good mood and having fun themselves. I appreciated the free breakfast and the different activities organized by the hostel every night. The only negative point to mention would be that there was no Wifi available in the rooms because the machine was out of order, so Wifi was only available in the lobby or breakfast room. Also, the beds could use some new mattresses, the recent ones felt very worn out and due to that, were very uncomfotable. But all in all: thumbs up

We had a good stay at this hostel - It is quite a long way out from downtown but very near the tube & central park. I had money stolen from my locker - the padlock pin had been jammed open and I hadn't noticed. Although this was partly my fault and the staff were very sympathetic and helpful, it took me 3 e-mails before management got back to me re. the situation and told me that the lockers were fine... apparently. Overall though, our stay was pleasant and I would recommend it.

Hostel is in Uptown Manhattan part of the West side of Central Park, it is in a pleasant albeit rather quiet area, although for a walker a pleasant walk can be had downtown and of course through Central Park, and for the adventurous up to Harlem. Staff were very friendly and kind, the breakfast was plentiful and included muffins and bagels. The rooms were clean although there was some nearby noise and the common areas staircases etc could use a redecoration.

1 2 3 Next » last »