Jazz on the Park-Hostel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

wifi is poor

the location is perfect. what i only dont like is the bad. it was very uncomfortable. other than that, all was great, thanks....

Thank you for your kind review, we would like to apologize that you did not enjoy the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses but we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

The breakfast, although free, was low quality. I liked that there was a free comedy show, but I didn't like the fact that a cockroach climbed up my pant leg during the show. When I arrived, someone was occupying my bed in the dorm room because it was so difficult to read the signs on the beds.

Pretty cool hostel. Cozy atmosphere and near central park, has nothing to Jazz. In regards to front desk Maria very warm and welcoming. Recommend the hostel to all.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Lebanon

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed our location and atmosphere of our hostel. Customer service is important to us and we appreciate the time you take to leave us a kind review.

Every one was so good to us, felt really lookedafter

• 19th Jun 2014

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay; customer service is always important to us.

Jazz is a decent hostel with a nice staff. I like that it is so close to Central Park and not far from the subway. The only real bummer was having to pay for wifi, which I did not bother to do because other patrons told me it did not always work.

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was welcoming and helpful. We apologize that you did not get a chance to take advantage of our free WiFi that we offer in our lobby area. Due to high volume usage the signals may be a bit slow. We also offer WiFi throughout the building and in rooms with a small fee.

Had such a good stay at Jazz on the Park even though it was short, girl on the reception was so nice and welcoming. Shower and facilities were nice and clean, wifi was good value and bed was comfortable. The fan in the room was a bit noisy but it kept the room nice and cool. Really appreciated the instructions from Newark Airport I received in my booking email. Thanks again!

Thank you very much for your kind feedback, we are glad you had such a great time at our hostel. Feel free to email us with any questions if you are planning another stay in the future.

Inconvenient showers where one has to leave clothes unwatched while others might also be sholwerinng in nearby cabins.

- Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry for the inconvenience however, we do offer hooks and racks in front of each shower stall for your clothing.

Nice place, near the park. The bed are not comfortable and squeaky. There's only one bathroom cabin per entire floor. (30 ppl). The showers barely had hot water. Ac was good and services at the desk also. They carge 4$ a day for storage at the storage room.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you have encountered while staying with us. Our beds are all new spring-less mattresses. There are 2 bathroom cabins on each floor, one for men and one for women, each cabin has 4 shower stalls. Hot water runs throughout the building 24-hours and because lack of storage space we charge a small fee.

Staff wasn't the most helpful, didn't explain where anything was in the hostel or provide towels until I had to go ask. A couple blocks from the subway. Bed were extremely loud when you moved on them.

• 8th Jun 2014

We are sorry for the inconvenience that you have encountered. Customer service is always important to us and our staff strives for the best. Our beds are new spring-less mattresses for the comfort of our guest. Towels are provided for each bed upon arrival. Thank you for your review it always helps us improve in the future.

clean hostel, helpful staff!

• 7th Jun 2014

We appreciate you taking your time to give us a feedback and we’re glad we were great help, customer service is always a first priority to us.

The hostel is good, well located and part of the stag is very nice, I made a reservation for 12 night and I paid the deposit, but when arrived they has being cancel my reservation because I arrived later, I was informed that we will arrive later, the beds are uncomfortable make a lot of noise, and the people play music at the middle of the night very high in the breakfast room, the breakfast is good but every day is the same.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Chile

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a feedback, if arriving late we advise that guest should send us an email or give us a call. We are sorry for the inconvenience of your stay, as our beds are all new spring-less mattresses. The music is a part of entertainment for our guest, open for any suggestions and we are glad you enjoyed the breakfast.

Staff were friendly and helpful and the room was spacious. Atmosphere was good, so was the breakfast, though location is not ideal (if you want to be close to the action of midtown, soho, Chelsea and so on). Great if you enjoying Central Park... Bathrooms and toilets were clean but a but far from the room...

Thank you for your kind feedback, we are glad you enjoyed the location and had a great stay with us.

location is very good,if you want live in Manhattan. it is nearby the central park,and there are several museums nearby,and very close to subway station. staffs are nice.breakfast is free and several choices to make(fruit+muffin+toasts+oatmeal) BUT there is no free wifi, you have to purchase!!!!!

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the location and attractions in New York City. We offer free WiFi in our lobby and cafeteria.

Good place. More conveniently located if you're into going to the National History Museum and Central park than the city center but the buses are easy enough to figure out. Beds are a bit squeaky but comfy enough and small personal lockers were available in the rooms which was good for not having to carry valuable around during the day. Breakfast was pretty great. yay bagels! Showers were a bit cramped and gross.

Thank you for your review, we are glad your enjoyed the location and our breakfast. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you have encountered during your stay with us. We have cleaning staff during the day and night making sure our bathrooms and showers are cleaned.

I liked the stay in Jazz on the Park hostel, because it has a beautiful location near the lovely central park (and 15 minutes with the subway to midtown manhattan) and it is pretty clean and save. However the atmosphere is the hostel is not super cosy, because there is not really a common room. And it's really noisy becaue the doors make a lot of noise when they close and the beds make noise because there from plastic. But overall I had a nice stay because my roomies were sweet!

• 30th May 2014

Thanks for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry you did not get a chance to enjoy our lounge room which is located downstairs in the basement, which also has a television, and couches for guest to enjoy. We are currently installing new doors in our hostel and our mattresses are all new and spring-less. We are sorry for any inconvenience and we thank you for your time to leave us a kind review.

It's a good deal for a hostel in New York. It is bare bones but they have towels, linen, bunk beds, small lockers in room, includes breakfast and it is right next to a quiet and pretty part of Central Park. It is far from the action though, so you'd need to take the subway to get anywhere. Overall it was pleasant and I would recommend it if your are okay with a basic hostel.

Thank you for your friendly review, we are glad you enjoyed the amenities we offer at our hostel.

Nice hostel! Good vibe, the staff is helpful! There were so many friendly people staying there too and I met good people. There were nice things organized by the staff as pub crawl, party, etc. Rooms and toilets were clean most of the time. It's not really cheap, but NYC is an expensive place in general, so it's worth it. I had a good time there and would stay there again if one day I come back to NYC.

Thank you for your generous feedback. We are glad you had such a great time at our hostel and you are always welcome to come join us again.

staff were very helpful and friendly, community lounges were awesome and spacious. breakfast cafeteria was good but very limited. rooms were daggy and walls were paper thin. bathroom was nothing special. overall cheap and it was a room in a busy city so generally quite happy if its JUST for a place to sleep.

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our amenities and we are glad our staff was such a great help to you, customer service is always important to us.

As a New York property, close to downtown at a value for money price can't happen, but Jazz is OK considering the location. Security was a bit slack, with the lock on my dorm broken and someone else taking my bed on night one, which staff resolved quickly. Frankie, Entertainment Guru, lifted the atmosphere of the common room and made up for the fairly disengaged reception staff otherwise.

Thank you for your review, we are sorry for any inconvenience you have encountered during your stay with us. We have security camera running 24-hours in our building and a staff on duty 24-hours at the front desk to help resolve any problems that the guest may encounter. We are glad you enjoyed the environment that our entertainment guru offered. Customer Service is always a first priority to our staff.