Jazz on the Park-Hostel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

Very near to the subway station and less than 2 min of Central Pk. Great place! For the price, is the best u can get it!

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad that you enjoyed our facility and the location.

The staff were really friendly the location was perfect. I've already recommended to friends!

• 4th Sep 2014

Thank you for your friendly review, we are glad that our staff was friendly and welcoming. We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a kind review about your stay.

This is a very budget hostel (by NYC standard) in the Upper West Side, near the northwest corner of Central Park. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Location is convenient and near the subway station at W 103 St. Walking distance to midtown and Times Square (about 30 mins). However, the bathrooms are not clean and awkwardly designed - you have to constantly press on the knob to get water out from the sink, so if you wanna wash your face in the morning or your hand, it's a bit of a nuisance.

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and that our staff was a great help to you. We apologize for any inconvenience, our cleaning staff comes in every day to clean the facilities for our guests. We are constantly upgrading our facilities to accommodate all guests and make sure they all feel comfortable and welcomed.

Had a great time in this hostel. Met some really cool people and there was a good atmosphere. Not the cleanest. I was on the 5th floor and there were ants. No lift either but the lovely guy on the front desk carried my case up for me. Staff were great apart from the French guy who brought us out one night. Gave us little info of where we were going. The guys all had to pay $20 on entry and drinks were expensive even for New York. The French guy was clearly making a commission from it as he left

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. We are glad that our staff was great help to you. Unfortunately we do not advertise a lift on our website. Our hostel has new events every night, hosted by our work exchange staff.

the mattrasses were really really bad (very thin and plastic) and the room was poorly "renovated", only bunk beds available

Thank you for your review, we apologize that you did not enjoy the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses. The bunk beds are arranged so that the guests will have more free space in the room.

wifi in all rooms

• 16th Aug 2014

I enjoyed my stay. Room was clean. Staff were helpful and friendly. My fellow guests were in general chatty and up for going out etc. The decor made it feel un-homely but I wasn't really after much more than a roof and a bed so it's not a complaint! Breakfast was okay. Again, I had no high expectations as you can't expect a full gourmet breakfast so it's not a complaint!

• 13th Aug 2014

Thank you for your review, we are glad that our staff was welcoming and a great help. We apologize for any inconvenience during you stay with us. Our breakfast is complimentary to all our guests every morning.

For the entire 3 days we stayed at Jazz on the Park the wifi didn't work at all! The staff kept telling us that it was going to get fix but never happen. At breakfast very loud techno music was played. When my friend kindly asked an employee if it could be turned down, the employee was rude and seemed annoyed. There's not a bathroom on each floor, which means you have to go down to shower

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience during your stay at our hostel. Unfortunately, our staff can only report the WiFi situation to the company that handles the connection and wait for their reply. Our staff may be busy at times, but they will always make sure every guest is being helped. We have bathrooms and showers on every floor at each end of the hallway.

At first I thought the Hostel was a little bit cheap. They dont seem to be investing in better infrastructure. So the rooms look old and the matresses look poor. I spent 6 nights there and I can say it's very clean, environment its great for meeting new people and might be partys going on depending on peoples willingness. So if you wanna have fun and meet new people its a good choice. Bathroom is ok, shower is ok, beds are ok. Could be better, but for a Hostel is fair. Staff is friendly!

Thank you for your feedback, we apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the environment at our hostel. Our hostel is always a place to make new friends and have fun nights. Our staff ensures that all guests are being helped and feel welcomed to stay with us.

Terrible experience. There was no water during our stay, meaning no showers, sinks, kitchen facilities, drinking water, or working toilets. When we arrived back at night the toilets were overflowing and the hostel was in utter chaos. To top things off, they didn't have towels the following day.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Overall good, good money for value. Recommended. There were big gaps under the room doors, so one could hear everything from the floor, but there was not too much commotion during the night. Another noise factor are the mattresses, ("the new latex" ones :) ), there is some plastic, that is loud when somebody moves. The 2bed bunk room that I stayed in had enough room, with small lockers (bring your own lock). Daily cleaning. Lounge downstairs is nice to meet people.

• 8th Aug 2014

great location in upper manhattan closeby to the train station and CP, with a sweet common room for meeting travelers. hostel has nightly events run by an awesome dude whose catchphrase is pop pop pop and the receptionist mary is helpful with everything and shes the best. recommend for a few nights to explore manhattan, hire their bikes for a fun time around the park. it was kinda weird when the manager came to the club with us and hit on the girls staying at the hostel though.

Thank you for your kind feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed the location and stay at our hostel. Customer service is always important to us and we ensure that all guests are having a great time and feel welcomed. We have many different events each week for the guests to enjoy at hostel also.

Jazz on the Park is a good option if you're on the budget. It is in a safe location beside Central Park and has security cameras all over. The rooms are a bit small, but they offer lockers and the beds are comfortable and clean. The bathrooms have three showers with hot water on each floor and are clean. The common/dinning room is very friendly and offer free simple breakfast every day. The ambience is very calm and familiar. The staff is very nice, especially Sergio who was very helpful! Thanks

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you for your friendly review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Our staff assures that all guests are welcomed and enjoying their stay in a clean atmosphere.

I really loved the receptionist ladies Maria and Mari , both were very helpful and very cheerful and made my stay even better. They always had some smile and nice words and gave me good help and advice where needed. Thank you Maria and Mari !!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was helpful. Customer service is always important to us, our staff strives to make sure all guests feel welcomed at our hostel.

Staff is great especially Pedro and Mary.They listen and really go out of their way to answer questions!

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff assures that all guests are helped out and feels welcomed staying with us.

The staff of the hostel was amazing ! They were really helpful - with accomodation, subway tips and our luggage (and I have to send special thanks to Jose - he did a great job ! ). Everyone were so nice for us. If I ever visit New York again - I will definitely stay in this hostel !

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Poland

Thank you for your friendly review, we are glad that you had a wonderful time staying with us at the hostel. Customer service is always important to us and our staff assures that all guests are helped and feels welcomed staying with us.

HAD A LOVELY TIME THERE, OTHER PEOPLE WERE FRIENDLY, LIKE A BIG FAMILY. STAFF WERE VERY HELPFUL ESPECIALLY PEDRO THE ALL NIGHT GUY. BUT, NEED A WORKABLE ROUTER, WIFI IS OVERLOADED AND IT IS FRUSTRATING ENOUGH FOR ME TO CHOOSE ANOTHER HOSTEL NEXT TIME.

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our hostel and that our staff was welcoming and helpful. We apologize for any inconvenience, the WiFi may be a bit slow at times due to high volume usage.

I've stayed at hostels for 10 years now and Jazz on the Park is THE best hostel in NYC!!!Full Stop!Pedro at the front desk makes you feel welcome,puts you at ease and not only answers your ??? but tells you why!He goes that extra mile and is a big reason why Jazz on the Park is #1 in NYC!!!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, we're very happy to hear that you enjoy your stay with our hostel. Customer service is always important to us, our staff strives to make sure all guests are helped and feel welcomed at our hostel.

Hostel was in a good location, right near Central Park. It is easy to get around everywhere whether it be train, bike or cab it isn't too far from anything. The staff are pretty friendly and Frankie is a champ!! Hang out with that guy. Bathrooms are okay, hostel standard I guess. Wifi not in rooms but not really a big deal. I would stay here again.

Stayed here for 13 nights and enjoyed it so much! The staff is amazing. Make sure to get to know Maria "Helena", she will put a smile on your face! I do not know how to make an 8 with 10 lines..

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Thank you for your friendly review, we are glad that you had a great experience at our hostel.