Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

I used to work at a hostel in Washington, DC. I was impressed with this hostel. It was clean, had activities and wasn't expensive. The only thing I wish was different were more accessible electrical outlets in the room for charging phones and laptops. I use my phone for my alarm and need it charged while I sleep.

Good place. Clean bed and room. Bathroom was generally clean. It could use a dry area outside of the shower, but otherwise I did not have a problem.Great location. Friendly staff. I would consider staying here again during my next stay in nyc.

Not as homey as the other place I stayed, but very clean, neat, lots of art all about so I dig that. The rooms are nice and it's literally just across from Central Park West entrance, close to subway and bus stops, lotsa food options about. The wifi is great too haha.

It was an alright place. To be honest, I probably wouldn't recommend it if it were located anywhere else, but for a centrally located hostel in Manhattan you could do a lot worse. The receptionist was polite, and the place felt very secure. It is not the cleanest, as other reviews have attested. All in all not a bad place at all, just not high end. But you're probably not looking to pay for high end, right?

In gerenal, it was a good experience considering the price I paid for. The location was nice, really close to the Central Park and few block from a subway station and also close to a grocery shop. I think the showers could be improved, it was not all clean and I missed places to storage soap for example.

• 25th Apr 2015

It's about a 20 minute (walking including) ride into times sq. but I like that it's away from all the tourist crowds. Central park is right across the street and you can easily walk to Columbia university. Overall location is amazing! The hostel is excellent for the price. Lots of showers but it was never crowded anyway. Only 1 bathroom per floor but it wasn't too big of a deal. Toilet space is small. Staff does a great job cleaning, don't mistaken the old building for dirtiness.

• 24th Apr 2015

Awesome time! Will stay here every time I travel to New York! Basic room but it did the job and the location was killer!!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Cold, noisy, and dirty. Bring earplugs and warm clothing. On the plus side, I got a refund when I asked for it...

I stayed at this hostel 2002, 2005 and now 2015. It's a really nice hostel whit great staff. It's very clean. If you are thinking of New York and looking for a good place to stay and you are on a budget this is a VERY good choice! -Magnus from Sweden

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Lovely staff, very helpful and accommodating. Will be back next time I'm in NYC. Area itself it quiet, right nextnext central park, perfectperfect for a moning run

Told me I wasn't allowed to say because I was from New Jersey but the description said "no NY residents". I'm a Jersey resident, they said that jersey is part of the tristate area and is part of NY.

• 20th Apr 2015

Chambermaid should knock the door before entering. Room wasn't clean enough, in the locker dirty used flip-flops from guests that left.

• 19th Apr 2015

Great location, good price, I just wish the towels, linens, and facilities were more clean.

The staff were amazing! Very professional, and friendly atmosphere. It was great doing business with them, but I am not a youth. My body tells lies, but my body feels the truth!

• 17th Apr 2015

It was easy to find, good price for the location, average facilities/cleanliness.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our facility. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure the cleanliness of our hostel.

Jazz on the park is the best hostel in NYC.Clean rooms n bathrooms,secure 24/7/365,great neighborhood,public transportation literally outside the front door and great bars/restaurants on the next block.The staff is friendly,courteous and full of information about anything in NYC!

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you had an amazing stay at our hostel. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned and our front desk staff is available 24 hours to answer any questions or concerns.

This hostel has made drastic improvements since last time I visited. They've made improvements in their facilities & the staff are still fun, welcoming & warm & go out of their way to make the visit as pleasant as possible. Highly recommend.

Nice hostel, good price for nyc.. Had to check put a day earlier and they gave me a refund. Not a lot of social vibe there, everyone is with themselves. The beds are so noisy! You can't move in bed without the nylon wrap will make the most terrible noise. The bathroom ans shower doors also make a lot of noise and need to be shut gently otherwise it makes big noise. Overall it was ok. I've to better hostels than this but its good for nyc and close to the subway

Thank you for your review, we apologize you did not enjoy the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses. Our common area is a great place for guests to socialize and relax. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our hostel.

The lounge is really good. You have fun and you can eat & drink, but when I was there there was no refrigerator, and almost no kitchen. We didn't have a restroom at 5th floor (we needed to go to 3rd floor). It's hard to say if I can recommend the hostel, because it has great things and others that are so strange for a Hostel like this.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you had a great time in our hostel and enjoyed the comfort of our common area. Unfortunately we do not advertise a full kitchen facility, however we do have a microwave that guests may use at anytime. Bathrooms and showers are located at each end of the hallway on each floor. We also have front desk staff 24 hours to help with any questions or concerns.

The location of the hostel is great, just 2 blocks for the subway. The rooms are good and the prices are reasonable. First night the heater was broken so it was really hot in our room and we had to open the window or turn on the aircon to compensate? Good place if you are in New York for a few days and don't want to pay too much for a bed.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the comfort and convenience of our hostel. We have central heating in our building to accommodate the cold weather outside.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7