Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel

Very Good 3134 Total Reviews

• Germany, Male, 25-30
10th Feb 2017
2.6

Staff horrible, don't answer your mails if you want to contact them. We had to cancel out stay, no confirmation or assistance, they just ignored my several attemps to contact

• England, Male, 18-24
4.0

Pros: good location with shops, metro and central park nearby Cons: 1. no wifi in rooms 2. no elevator 3. lack of plugs in rooms (I was in a 8 person room and there were only 4 plugs, none near beds) 4. no kitchen 5. no atmosphere 6. severe lack of events 7. anyone can walk in as the front door is always open and you can walk through the lobby into the corridors for rooms 8. I am male but women in my room were complaining that there is no female showers on our floor 9. $10 for bag storage

7th Feb 2017

It's not amazing, but it does the trick for a good price. I was on the 5th floor, had to go to the 4th floor for the women's bathroom, and the 2nd floor for the women's showers. The room was very warm (probably because the heat from the rest of the floors rose). The staff was really friendly, though there wasn't much of a community with the guests. Great location, amazing price for NYC.

• USA, Male, 25-30
5.4

Perfectly average in absolutely every way. The staff I encountered were super short with me and/or rude. The room was a fine value for the cost (I absolutely would not pay any more than I did). Main area need some love and updating.

• England, Female, 25-30
30th Jan 2017

Great location close to subway and easy to walk to Central Park. Reception is manned 24 hours which is useful and security is good. Rooms and showers clean enough. Lots of great little places to grab good very close by. Very good for this price, I would stay here again.

24th Jan 2017

Too bad there is no wifi access in my room, but front desk told me that we suppose to have wifi. With no wifi access in the room, just wouldn't book this hostel again. Other than that, everything else was great.

22nd Jan 2017
7.7

This location was located a few blocks from the subway station and close to Central Park and Columbus university. The area itself was really safe at night. On my first stay here, I was given a room on the 2nd floor, which was spacious and had wifi access there. The only downside to this place are the showers. The showers are separated only by a curtain and the hooks to hang your stuff are outside of the shower booth.

• Austria, Female, 41+
19th Jan 2017

I will stay again- I loved the vibe of the place and always felt safe. It was very clean and mostly very quiet.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
15th Jan 2017
2.0

Our time at Jazz on the Park was not a good one. Having to carry luggage up 5 flight of stairs was terrible and then having two young girls put into a room with 4 other men was uncomfortable and we did not feel safe. The room smelt very unpleasant and the bedding was shocking! Would never recommend this place to anyone !

How unfortunate to hear you did not have a pleasant stay with us, we apologize. We do not advertise elevators at our location. Customer service is our number one priority, we strive to ensure our guests satisfaction. Front desk agents are available at all times, if you would have reported your concern we would have been more than happy to help you and your guest find a solution. Our cleaning staff arrive daily to ensure that all facilities are clean and available for use. Unfortunately we do not have control of odors caused by other guests staying in your dorm. We hope that you will one day reconsider us. Thank you for your feedback.

14th Jan 2017

Awesome place! Very clean and super friendly staff. Train is close by.

Thank you for your review. We are more than pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future. Your review is appreciated.