Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel

Good 3254 Total Reviews

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
13th Jun 2017
6.3

The staff was really nice, but I think they need more people because they have a lot of things to do, so they leave the reception very often. They don't have a kitchen, there's only a fridge and a licking faucet. And the bathrooms are not properly. I think the place is overrated for what they offer.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
5th Jun 2017
8.0

Right near the subway. Pharmacy and restaurants nearby. Hostel has everything you need it just lacks abit of a social atmosphere.

4th Jun 2017

It is actually very clean, despite what other reviews were implying. Good facilities as far as I could tell. Good location. Good price. Nice beds. No wifi in bedroom. That part is true, but I think they are trying to get everyone to hang out in the common room.

23rd May 2017
4.0

An absolute joke 21 st century USA . No WIFI in rooms .3 days rain what do you recommend we do ? With no WI-FI . NO LIFTS 5 th floor or any floor !! Hilarious . NO POWER POINTS UP TOP BED . Nothing just a money making DUMP !

19th May 2017
7.1

The least clean & least fancy hostel I've ever stayed at -- even compared to the 3 others I've stayed at in NYC. But there is nothing I can truly complain about, besides the bathroom being a bit dirty on the 1st day. Your bathroom might be on the other side of the building, so you have to walk all the way down the hall (same floor though). They do provide towels and there is a hair dryer in the bathroom. There is no stove/oven/microwave/tea kettle. Vending machines only. PCs are pay-for-access.

• England, Female, 18-24
19th May 2017
6.0

Facilities were lacking, shower was disgusting and the kitchen was substandard and looked dirty. I had previously stayed at another Jazz hostel in New York which was really nice, cheaper and better located, so in comparison this hostel shocked me a little.

• England, Male, 18-24
16th May 2017
3.1

Has absolutely no cooking facilities - not even bowls, plates, cutlery so very hard to cook anything or feed yourself without having to eat out. Security keycard would stop working at inconvenient times such as the middle of the night so you would have to go to the front desk to get it changed. There was no atmosphere really although the music played was good! And it is very close to the subway and Central Park. However if I was to visit again I would stay much more centrally

• Colombia, Couple, 25-30
13th May 2017
4.0

It was a pretty bad experience. Not clean it all . Special the bathrooms and, also the women restroom, and showers didn't have any light . So you couldn't see anything. I saw a cockroach inside of the men's showers. Inside the room hiter or AC weren't working. Towels looks awful. 😖🖓🖓🖓. Took us more than 1 hour to do the check in. It was just one person at the reception and a line of ppl waiting . Our room does not look that bad, but it was very humid. I took my chlorepheraniramine.

5th May 2017
5.7

I froze in the hostel, it was too cold to rely on just an additional blanket to survive the night. I have left with a terrible head cold and sinus congestion as a direct result of having stayed here.

• Switzerland, Mixed Group, 18-24
5th May 2017
8.0

The hostel is really good. But when we arrived we made a reservation for 4 in a single room and they said we were on a waiting list. We had to wait 2 hours to finally be split in two non mixed room. Even if we had paid the reservation in advance. We really do not understand how this is working and be careful, we were lucky that they still were free beds.