Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

Awesome time! Will stay here every time I travel to New York! Basic room but it did the job and the location was killer!!

• 23rd Apr 2015

I stayed at this hostel 2002, 2005 and now 2015. It's a really nice hostel whit great staff. It's very clean. If you are thinking of New York and looking for a good place to stay and you are on a budget this is a VERY good choice! -Magnus from Sweden

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Told me I wasn't allowed to say because I was from New Jersey but the description said "no NY residents". I'm a Jersey resident, they said that jersey is part of the tristate area and is part of NY.

• 20th Apr 2015

Chambermaid should knock the door before entering. Room wasn't clean enough, in the locker dirty used flip-flops from guests that left.

• 19th Apr 2015

Great location, good price, I just wish the towels, linens, and facilities were more clean.

The staff were amazing! Very professional, and friendly atmosphere. It was great doing business with them, but I am not a youth. My body tells lies, but my body feels the truth!

• 17th Apr 2015

It was easy to find, good price for the location, average facilities/cleanliness.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our facility. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure the cleanliness of our hostel.

Jazz on the park is the best hostel in NYC.Clean rooms n bathrooms,secure 24/7/365,great neighborhood,public transportation literally outside the front door and great bars/restaurants on the next block.The staff is friendly,courteous and full of information about anything in NYC!

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you had an amazing stay at our hostel. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned and our front desk staff is available 24 hours to answer any questions or concerns.

This hostel has made drastic improvements since last time I visited. They've made improvements in their facilities & the staff are still fun, welcoming & warm & go out of their way to make the visit as pleasant as possible. Highly recommend.

Nice hostel, good price for nyc.. Had to check put a day earlier and they gave me a refund. Not a lot of social vibe there, everyone is with themselves. The beds are so noisy! You can't move in bed without the nylon wrap will make the most terrible noise. The bathroom ans shower doors also make a lot of noise and need to be shut gently otherwise it makes big noise. Overall it was ok. I've to better hostels than this but its good for nyc and close to the subway

Thank you for your review, we apologize you did not enjoy the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses. Our common area is a great place for guests to socialize and relax. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our hostel.

The lounge is really good. You have fun and you can eat & drink, but when I was there there was no refrigerator, and almost no kitchen. We didn't have a restroom at 5th floor (we needed to go to 3rd floor). It's hard to say if I can recommend the hostel, because it has great things and others that are so strange for a Hostel like this.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you had a great time in our hostel and enjoyed the comfort of our common area. Unfortunately we do not advertise a full kitchen facility, however we do have a microwave that guests may use at anytime. Bathrooms and showers are located at each end of the hallway on each floor. We also have front desk staff 24 hours to help with any questions or concerns.

The location of the hostel is great, just 2 blocks for the subway. The rooms are good and the prices are reasonable. First night the heater was broken so it was really hot in our room and we had to open the window or turn on the aircon to compensate? Good place if you are in New York for a few days and don't want to pay too much for a bed.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the comfort and convenience of our hostel. We have central heating in our building to accommodate the cold weather outside.

Friday night was dead around the hostel which was a bummer but Saturday there was a party in full swing in the common area. Showers could have been cleaner.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during you stay. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned in our hostel. There are nightly events in New York City every night, our 24 hour staff are always available to suggest ideas and answer any questions or concerns. Our lobby also has flyers and posters with events happening every day

Similar to other patrons. Be ready to be on the 5th floor with no elevator, and walk down to the 1st or 2nd floor for bathrooms/showers. Other than that, it is a good deal for the amount, especially in New York City.

Thank you for your review, unfortunately we do not advertise an elevator in our hostel. Showers and bathrooms are located on each floor at each end of the hallway.

Honestly, I think this hostel has gone downhill since my previous stays. The guy at the counter seems to carry a grudge against me for having complained about things at previous times, and was going to make me move rooms after the first night to accommodate some group, despite me having a prior reservation. Also there's no longer any type breakfast offered downstairs, only free coffee. I only went there to save money, so now, I'll have to spend the extra money to stay at the better places I go.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Customer service is important to us, our staff assures all guests are helped and feels welcomed. Unfortunately we do not advertise breakfast at our hostel but there are local stores just a few steps away that sell breakfast for a fair price.

Excellent hostel

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel.

Room: Nice. Simple but really nice. Bathrooms: cold in the mornings. Everything good enough but definitely could be better Staff: some of them looked or act like they didn't like workin on a hostel. Idle. Some of them we're really helpful though. It lacked of a hostel vibe. There wasn't any get together within people. That was not common. Half a block away from central park. Great. 3 blocks away from 2 subway bounds. Even better.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our staff may be a bit busy at times but assures that all guests are being helped and welcomed. Our common area is for guests to relax and socialize after a long day of activities. We are glad you were able to take advantage of the convenience of our hostel.

Internet and printer use is minimum 2$. The atmosphere is not very welcoming. But provides the minimum of all you need for a night

Thank you for your review, we have computer for guests to use with internet and printing available. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay but we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the basic amenities we have to offer at our hostel.

Even though the hallways and bathrooms were cleaned in a daily basis, the room`s floors were always dirty. Also, it would have been helpful to have more mugs and dishes available to have breakfast and dinner in the hostel. The rest was ok. The metro is nearby and there are a lot of shops/supermarkets/restaurants/cafes close to the hostel.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review, our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure cleanliness of our facilities, additional cleaning may be requested with our front desk agents. Unfortunately we do not advertise a full kitchen facility but we do have dishes and utensils available for guests to use. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy the convenience of our hostel and attractions near by.

Our heater was on and couldn't be turned it off. It was uncomfortably hot and we were unable to sleep with the temperature. Luckily the staff helped us turn on our air conditioner so we were more comfortable, but to me it was just a big waste of electricity.

• 7th Mar 2015

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. We have central heating in our building that adjusts to the cold outside. Windows may also be opened too cool off the rooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7