Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

Hostel is in a good location by Central Park, however, not very close to the sightseeing attractions of Manhattan. I felt that the area was safe and that our stuff was safe while staying here. The staff was not very friendly or overly helpful but got the job done, I suppose. It really wasn't too loud or rowdy here, which was nice. The free Thursday night comedy show was a fun perk, although hardly anyone else came. I had one cockroach encounter in the shower room, but otherwise it was clean-ish.

• 20th May 2015

It was nice to stay in this hostel for those price sensitive students. Staffs were very kind and supportive. It would've been better if the locker was a bit larger. It couldnt fit my backpack which i store all my valuables to carry with me all the time.

• 12th May 2015
  • South Korea

Great location, OLD building, OLD rooms. Five story walk-up (no elevators). No wifi except downstairs in the lobby. I guess nearly $50/night in New York gets you an ancient facility that looks like it was built in the 1800s and hasn't been very maintained.

everything was perfect. i wish there were people hanging out at common area. maybe they need to organize more events other than the comedy show

• 9th May 2015
  • India

It was a great hostel, in a very good location near Central Park west and only a few blocks from a subway. Would just be better if it had a kitchen.

The property is in good location, the area is quiet, close to the subway and central park. However, there is not really a hostel character in the communal area, no kitchen that guests can use. The mens showers where in rather bad shape and there was a smell of sewage. In the dorm where I was located they had a brocken pipe, and water constantly dripping from the ceiling. They had a note there that they will do some minor renovations due to this leak, but they didn't seem to be to much in a rush.

• 4th May 2015
  • Switzerland

Just go anywhere else. Really. Anywhere.

I used to work at a hostel in Washington, DC. I was impressed with this hostel. It was clean, had activities and wasn't expensive. The only thing I wish was different were more accessible electrical outlets in the room for charging phones and laptops. I use my phone for my alarm and need it charged while I sleep.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Our staff organizes events every day for guests to enjoy. Cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. Extra electrical cords may be requested at our front desk.

Good place. Clean bed and room. Bathroom was generally clean. It could use a dry area outside of the shower, but otherwise I did not have a problem.Great location. Friendly staff. I would consider staying here again during my next stay in nyc.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. We have 24 hour front desk staff available to help with any questions or concerns.

Not as homey as the other place I stayed, but very clean, neat, lots of art all about so I dig that. The rooms are nice and it's literally just across from Central Park West entrance, close to subway and bus stops, lotsa food options about. The wifi is great too haha.

Thank you for your review, we apologize you did not enjoy the comfort of our hostel but pleased to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere and location. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. We have free wifi in our lobby and common area.

Mattress were really uncomfortable, I spent there a week. But what I really thing you need to get is a fridge (At the lobby). Beside that, everything else was regular.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

It was an alright place. To be honest, I probably wouldn't recommend it if it were located anywhere else, but for a centrally located hostel in Manhattan you could do a lot worse. The receptionist was polite, and the place felt very secure. It is not the cleanest, as other reviews have attested. All in all not a bad place at all, just not high end. But you're probably not looking to pay for high end, right?

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our hostel and the welcoming of our staff. Our housekeepers comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned.

Consider there is no lift /elevator (2/3 floors upstairs) The fridge was wroken all the week. Wifi only in públic áreas. Good location. Some staff was really nice

In gerenal, it was a good experience considering the price I paid for. The location was nice, really close to the Central Park and few block from a subway station and also close to a grocery shop. I think the showers could be improved, it was not all clean and I missed places to storage soap for example.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our location. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned.

staff poor, cleaniess poor

It's about a 20 minute (walking including) ride into times sq. but I like that it's away from all the tourist crowds. Central park is right across the street and you can easily walk to Columbia university. Overall location is amazing! The hostel is excellent for the price. Lots of showers but it was never crowded anyway. Only 1 bathroom per floor but it wasn't too big of a deal. Toilet space is small. Staff does a great job cleaning, don't mistaken the old building for dirtiness.

• 24th Apr 2015

Thank you for your friendly review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and the convenience of our location. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. Showers and toilets are located on each floor at each end of the hallway with many stalls in each for guests to use.

The hostel has a nice location of about 20 mins by metro to central Manhattan, the room is nice and basic. When it was cold they set the heaters on and I could get extra blankets, I would come again!

Awesome time! Will stay here every time I travel to New York! Basic room but it did the job and the location was killer!!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and the convenience of our location. Many stores and restaurants just a few blocks away and Central Park right next to us.

Cold, noisy, and dirty. Bring earplugs and warm clothing. On the plus side, I got a refund when I asked for it...

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We have central heating in our hostel and extra blankets may be requested at the front desk. We have quiet hours between 11pm-7am. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned.

I stayed at this hostel 2002, 2005 and now 2015. It's a really nice hostel whit great staff. It's very clean. If you are thinking of New York and looking for a good place to stay and you are on a budget this is a VERY good choice! -Magnus from Sweden

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you for your friendly review, we are very pleased to hear you have enjoyed every stay with us at Jazz on the Park. Our front desk and cleaning staff always strives to provide the best customer service to our guests. Thank you for the recommendation to other travelers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6