• 36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA
Very Good 2,840 Total Reviews
Very Good 2,840 Total Reviews
Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Located at 36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York.
USA
New York NY 10025 36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City
74% 2840
40.7984790 -73.9610880
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 25-30
22nd May 2016
3.7

No security, no privacy. There wasn't a locking door between the street and the dorm. It was basically communal showering as the curtain didn't fit the shower and there was nowhere private to change. The toilet paper broke apart before you could even get it off the roll. No soap and no way to dry your hands. $5 per bag to get them to hold. Wifi was only available at reception. Very poor overall.

• Czech Republic, Female, 31-40
16th May 2016
6.0

The hostel has good location in case you want to visit central park, MET, AMNH etc. The biggest problem is that it is extremely noisy during the night. Not because partying people but because none of the door can be close normally, you have to bang with them. So everybody who is going to bathroom, from the floor, on the floor, to the shower, to his/her room will bang with the door. It is really terrible. It is nearly not possible to sleep there.

• ivyelise6811
  • USA, Female, 25-30
11th May 2016

It would be helpful if there was a shelf added in the female restroom on the third floor to place dry items while using the facilities.

9th May 2016
7.4

Good Hostel near Central Park Pros: The best feature of this hostel is it's proximity to Central Park. The A and C lines are also within a 5 minute walk. Cons: I began a 3 week trip to Europe from this hostel and finished at the same hostel. I don't think I'll be back. I stayed a total of 7 days and they never washed my sheets. The first time I was here they let me check my bag for free while I walked around the city. The second time they wanted to charge me $5.

• Argentina, Male, 41+
3rd May 2016

I stayed there almost a week was going to stay but had to cancel before the 24 hours and they wanted to charge me I did not have any money in my credit card (emergenciy) so I don't know what happen with that i'm probably band but i'm probably band but well it's not like I'm going to loose sleep overnight about this but the place was not totaly fullso that tells you that there's always a good chance of improving things always,I don't agree with the policy if people cancel is

• England, Female, 18-24
1st May 2016
7.4

The kitchen facilities were terrible! The downstairs common room wasn't particularly inviting either. I was on the fourth floor and the wifi didn't work from my room, also there was no lift which was inconvenient. However, really good location, two minutes from Central Park and very close to 103rd St. Subway. It was easy to find and very good value for money.

• USA, Male, 31-40
29th Apr 2016
2.6

These people are unbelievable. This is the absolute worst hostel I've ever stayed in, and, I'm never going back here, nor to any other Jazz hostel, ever again.

• India, Female, 25-30
25th Apr 2016
6.9

Very good location, there are no good kitchen facilities. There were ants in that old building.

• clamariana
  • Brazil, Female, 31-40
21st Apr 2016

Convenient location, clean rooms and toilet. All you need practical in a hostel. For NY, its a great value for money.

19th Apr 2016
2.6

I'll try to be polite, but man... I would ask for a refund, but that won't happen. Security is horrible, thugs, and homeless people hang out outside the door at all hours. There were blood stains on my sheets, the staff were mostly rude (minus a Dutch receptionist who was very nice). One staff member pretended to not speak English (only Spanish) when I talked to her, so when I spoke Spanish to her, she walked away. People were doing drugs in the dorms. Close to the worst place I've ever been.