Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

Great stay ! There is not much to do in the area but it is 2mn away from Central Park. The staff is extra nice and helpful and the rooms are very secured. It is a bit noisy at night because doors are constantly being slammed, and the towel that were given to us were not clean. Other than that, we would definitely come back !

• 6th Feb 2016

I liked the idea of staying on my own in a double bed room..

We are glad to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us, thank you!!

I had to wait 15-20 minutes for checking in because there was nobody at the check in. At night some people had a party and the common room was right next to the 2 female bed room. So it was really noisy. Good is only the location close to Central Park and 30 minutes to Times Square and Co. .

Nice location, good pricing except extra cost for luggage storage on day of departure (5$) in my opinion too high. The staff was helpful but some were clearly more friendly than others. The bathrooms are partly very far from the dorms, cause male and female bathrooms are on different/separate sides on each level.

• 31st Jan 2016

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay. As stated on our website after check out we do provide storage space for a small fee. There are 2 bathrooms located at the end of each corridor on each floor. Your feedback is very much appreciated!!

Rude,unhelpful staff, no kitchen facilities, randoms who didn't stay there turning up every night to convince you to party and giving you grief of you didn't. The thing that annoyed me the most was both my friend and I booked online then paid balance at arrival and were charged quite different amounts. I paid more for a dorm than she did for a private.i enquired numerous times but each time was told to tell the manager yet no one told me who the manager was. Also heating system was broken

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay with us. We do not advertise a kitchen, however; we do provide a fridge, microwave, and hot water dispenser to our guests available at all times. The heating system is regulated by the state, it is something we have no control over. However, we do provide our guests portable heaters and extra blankets when requested. You are only guaranteed what you book. We have a lot of promotions when booking online, perhaps your friend took advantage of that when making her reservation. Our staff are available 24 hours and are more than happy to assist our guests with any questions or concerns. We strive to provide over the top services and ensure our guest satisfaction. Thank you for your feedback.

I had a wonderful time at this hostel. I met great people there and I really liked the staff. Very helpful and easygoing. This is hostel is well situated because its near to Central Park and the Subway. There a plenty of opportunities to eat out and have a drink within walking distance.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Than you very much for your kind review!! We are more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and over the top services provided at our hostel. Our staff always strive to ensure our guests satisfaction and provide them with a memorable experience. Your review is very much appreciated!!

Hostel has very good location. Very good and warm staff. Good atmosphere.. Like

One night they didn't turn the heat on and it was FREEZING! (They turn the heat on at midnight usually, but this particular night they forgot). It was a very cold winter night. I couldn't sleep that night. It sucked.

• 14th Jan 2016

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you endured during your stay. Unfortunately the state regulates the heating system. It turns on once it hits a certain degree outside. However, we do provide portable heaters and extra blankets when requested at front desk. Thank for your feedback.

Too bad there is no kitchen to use. And that the comedy is not funny. Great location though and friendly staff.

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay with us. We do not advertise a kitchen on our website, however; we do provide a fridge, microwave, and hot water dispenser for our guests at all times. Thank you, your review is very much appreciated.

Staff were rude and unhelpful, bed was very uncomfortable and they put me in a mixed dorm despite my request for a female only dorm

• 8th Jan 2016

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay with us. Our staff is available 24 hours and are more than happy to help our guests with any questions, concerns, or suggestions. We strive to provide our guests with over the top service and ensure their satisfaction. When reserving you have the option to choose what kind of dorm you would like to reside in. If a mistake was made while reserving we try our very best to accommodate you upon arrival if it is available. Thanks for your feedback.

It would be better if the wifi worked in the rooms, not just the common areas.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • South Korea

Nice little hostel, obviously prices were a little high due to time of year but that's understandable. Nice staff, nice little chill out common area with Wi-Fi for when you need it and somewhere to make your own food and drinks. Subway very close and food shops very close too. All in all a very average but nice Hostel. Thanks.

• 28th Dec 2015

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and services of our hostel. Your review is very much appreciated.

My biggest complaint is the beds, they were just too thin, to be honest they really need to be replaced with some proper mattresses as they aren't ideal for someone with a bad back like myself. I'd also say the atmosphere lacks, the common areas are filled with people who've come to use the WiFi and there's not a lot else happening in there which is a little disappointing, other than that my stay was okay - breakfast would have been nice for the price as well though.

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay with us. It is unfortunate that you were not able to enjoy our brand new spring-less mattresses. Breakfast is not included, however, we are located steps away from a variety of restaurants, supermarkets, and delis. We organize nightly events from comedy shows, pub crawls, and take our guests out to the hottest club scenes in New York City. Thank you, your feedback is very much appreciated.

its a good hostel, but they need to improve the staff or the atmosphere. i felt alone, the staff seems like they didnt care what i needed, etc.

I have to say that I had a nice stay in Jazz on the park. The hostel is well located near subway lines and north west Central Park. People who work there were helpful and nice. The rooms were big. The only thing I could say is that the beds where not super comfortable but they were ok. The hostel doesn't offer breakfast and it doesn't have a kitchen. Besides that it is a nice place and I would definitely recommend it.

Hostel was simple, clean, safe, and in a great location. Thank you.

• 20th Dec 2015

the recepcionist looked like upset when I checked in.....I don´t know why and the most of the staff dont´t like giving information during the morning. the location is very good, next to the subway and almost in front the Central Park. The family room is very good!! :)

Ehh nothing crazy. Some staff are not really friendly. The only staff that was welcoming and fun was Alex. Big shout out to my man for showing us a good time around NYC. Other than that the staff were similar to that of a hotel. Remember this is a hostel it's completely different. Other than that it's an average hostel..nothing crazy. Stairs suckedd since I wwas on the 4th floor and coming back was a mission and a half.

It was too cold to sleep. No heat.

• 16th Dec 2015
  • China

The price should be better specified, because I got shocked when I went to check in and had to pay more than I was told to

• 16th Dec 2015