Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

Great stay ! There is not much to do in the area but it is 2mn away from Central Park. The staff is extra nice and helpful and the rooms are very secured. It is a bit noisy at night because doors are constantly being slammed, and the towel that were given to us were not clean. Other than that, we would definitely come back !

• 6th Feb 2016

I had to wait 15-20 minutes for checking in because there was nobody at the check in. At night some people had a party and the common room was right next to the 2 female bed room. So it was really noisy. Good is only the location close to Central Park and 30 minutes to Times Square and Co. .

Nice location, good pricing except extra cost for luggage storage on day of departure (5$) in my opinion too high. The staff was helpful but some were clearly more friendly than others. The bathrooms are partly very far from the dorms, cause male and female bathrooms are on different/separate sides on each level.

• 31st Jan 2016

Rude,unhelpful staff, no kitchen facilities, randoms who didn't stay there turning up every night to convince you to party and giving you grief of you didn't. The thing that annoyed me the most was both my friend and I booked online then paid balance at arrival and were charged quite different amounts. I paid more for a dorm than she did for a private.i enquired numerous times but each time was told to tell the manager yet no one told me who the manager was. Also heating system was broken

I had a wonderful time at this hostel. I met great people there and I really liked the staff. Very helpful and easygoing. This is hostel is well situated because its near to Central Park and the Subway. There a plenty of opportunities to eat out and have a drink within walking distance.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Hostel has very good location. Very good and warm staff. Good atmosphere.. Like

One night they didn't turn the heat on and it was FREEZING! (They turn the heat on at midnight usually, but this particular night they forgot). It was a very cold winter night. I couldn't sleep that night. It sucked.

• 14th Jan 2016

Too bad there is no kitchen to use. And that the comedy is not funny. Great location though and friendly staff.

Staff were rude and unhelpful, bed was very uncomfortable and they put me in a mixed dorm despite my request for a female only dorm

• 8th Jan 2016

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay with us. Our staff is available 24 hours and are more than happy to help our guests with any questions, concerns, or suggestions. We strive to provide our guests with over the top service and ensure their satisfaction. When reserving you have the option to choose what kind of dorm you would like to reside in. If a mistake was made while reserving we try our very best to accommodate you upon arrival if it is available. Thanks for your feedback.

It would be better if the wifi worked in the rooms, not just the common areas.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • South Korea

Nice little hostel, obviously prices were a little high due to time of year but that's understandable. Nice staff, nice little chill out common area with Wi-Fi for when you need it and somewhere to make your own food and drinks. Subway very close and food shops very close too. All in all a very average but nice Hostel. Thanks.

• 28th Dec 2015

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and services of our hostel. Your review is very much appreciated.

My biggest complaint is the beds, they were just too thin, to be honest they really need to be replaced with some proper mattresses as they aren't ideal for someone with a bad back like myself. I'd also say the atmosphere lacks, the common areas are filled with people who've come to use the WiFi and there's not a lot else happening in there which is a little disappointing, other than that my stay was okay - breakfast would have been nice for the price as well though.

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay with us. It is unfortunate that you were not able to enjoy our brand new spring-less mattresses. Breakfast is not included, however, we are located steps away from a variety of restaurants, supermarkets, and delis. We organize nightly events from comedy shows, pub crawls, and take our guests out to the hottest club scenes in New York City. Thank you, your feedback is very much appreciated.

its a good hostel, but they need to improve the staff or the atmosphere. i felt alone, the staff seems like they didnt care what i needed, etc.

I have to say that I had a nice stay in Jazz on the park. The hostel is well located near subway lines and north west Central Park. People who work there were helpful and nice. The rooms were big. The only thing I could say is that the beds where not super comfortable but they were ok. The hostel doesn't offer breakfast and it doesn't have a kitchen. Besides that it is a nice place and I would definitely recommend it.

Hostel was simple, clean, safe, and in a great location. Thank you.

• 20th Dec 2015

the recepcionist looked like upset when I checked in.....I don´t know why and the most of the staff dont´t like giving information during the morning. the location is very good, next to the subway and almost in front the Central Park. The family room is very good!! :)

Ehh nothing crazy. Some staff are not really friendly. The only staff that was welcoming and fun was Alex. Big shout out to my man for showing us a good time around NYC. Other than that the staff were similar to that of a hotel. Remember this is a hostel it's completely different. Other than that it's an average hostel..nothing crazy. Stairs suckedd since I wwas on the 4th floor and coming back was a mission and a half.

It was too cold to sleep. No heat.

• 16th Dec 2015
  • China

The price should be better specified, because I got shocked when I went to check in and had to pay more than I was told to

• 16th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

There was a dead cockroach front of my door. Kind of unnerving but besides that, it was good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4