Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

Really enjoyed my stay.

• 23rd Jun 2015

This place as awesome to stay a few days while visiting NY. Everything was clean, it was safe and you can easily get there using the subway. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Jose and Omar. I loved the fun activities that they offer every night. in the hostel. The room doesn't have the best appearance in the world (of course, it is not a five stars hotel) but is good enough to stay a few days. I was expecting something much worse because of the price and got happily surprised.

Mainly the lack of air conditioning was the big issue. Also the lack of power outlets for phone chargers was annoying. The laundry should also have some detergent dispensers and the cards to get in the rooms should be more reliable.

• 20th Jun 2015

No air conditioning can make sleeping a challenge.

• 19th Jun 2015

Thanks for your review. All of the rooms in our facility have working air conditioners.

The shower & bathroom facilities were few and far between. The ones available were filthy, there were two cockroaches in one shower room. I reported it to staff who seemed surprised and said they would clean them, I came back two hours later and the cockroaches were gone but everything was still filthy, so much so that I checked out and checked in to another hostel and used their facilities. Good value for money, wifi was okay, bedrooms dirty but manageable, staff uninterested. I wouldn't return

• 15th Jun 2015

My stay here was average, staff can be helpful if you ask but otherwise aren't very engaging. The bathroom was clean enough but it was a European style / shared space / communal bathroom which I'm not a fan of. Most facilities require payment, including the use of computers. Best thing about it was probably the location, its only 2 streets away from the sub and probably about 10mins train to the city centre.

Thanks for your review. Our first priority is customer service and our staff always strives to go above and beyond to ensure our guest satisfaction. None of our facilities require payment. The kiosk computers available to our guests are provided by a different company which take the payments. Our bathrooms are all shared and there are two located at the end of each hallway on each floor.

The staff was very helpful, the location was great and the facilities were very clean, the rooms and the bathrooms included.

Good Hostel for the money, especially in comparison to prices of other hostels in NYC.

We appreciate you taking the time out to write a review. Thank you!!

Clean and well-managed. Location a subway ride each way from Midtown-what hostel is anyway near there? Close enough to Museum Mile-and the Museum of Natural History/New York Historical Society. Wish the description didn't say towels would be charged - mine was free so I didn't have to lug a threadbare towel all week with me. Would definitely go back - and recommend it to others. They waived the no metropolitan area for me. Noisy partygoers very late-but it's a hostel, after all.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our hostel and our services. We have free towel service in our hostel. Thank you for the word of recommendation and our hostel does have quiet hours from 11pm to 7am.

No wifi in the room, bed was comfortable and found ants.

• 4th Jun 2015

Everything was great and what I expected from a hostel. The cleaning staff was really loud in the mornings letting doors slam and hitting walls and talking, which didn't really bother me too much to effect my stay, but other people might not like that. Omar the entertainer was super cool and fun too!

• 4th Jun 2015

I never felt like the staff even cared to answer my questions . One guy acted like he didn't even care . So I really wasn't impressed to be honest, next time I come to New York will not stay here !

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Customer service is always a first priority to us, our front desk agents are available 24 hours to help guests with any questions or concerns.

A Sergio who worked at 3 June night lied. We asked for taxi info to JFK for 4 ppl+4bags. He tried hard to convince us that a cab wont fit and will cost $100 upwards with toll, tip etc. Persuaded us to buy shuttle bus tixs @ $21 per pax. We might look or speak like foreigners but too bad we are actually very English literate. upon researching on net we knew he lied. left a very bad taste in our mouth.Smooth ride to jfk on 1st cab @ $52 flat and tipped driver. toilets are far and dirty. no lift.

The hostel itself was fine - spacious rooms, average showering facilities, homely common room and overall quite clean. However the staff were rude and obnoxious. They left a trainee alone on the desk who was unsure of the system resulting in taking 45 minute to check in. When another employee finally arrived to help they were sarcastic and belittling. Also screwed up our payment with no apology. Extremely disappointed. Will not stay here again.

Thanks for your review. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Our front desk team always go the extra mile to ensure guest satisfaction. They are available 24 hours and are more than happy to assist guest with any issues or concerns. Trainees are never left online for check in process.

Unfortunately, this was a bad hostel to stay at. Hostelworld had extra taxes that I had to pay on arrival that weren't clear on the website. Although it's near Central Park/subway...the facilities were awful, no kitchen, below basic showers/toilets, very noisy building, staff hit & miss, some were lovely, others rude/bored, room to socialise was tiny & messy, tacky display/signs, rooms were awful (think dungeons) & room key access system was very faulty. Annoying & not recommended!!!

• 30th May 2015

Showers were freezing cold, desk staff were stand-offish. The hostel is clean and safe but otherwise very basic. I stayed in a two-bed dorm and it was very sparse for the money we paid. I ended up moving to a hotel nearby and received a comfortable double-bed and hot showers for an extra $15 per person a night.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during you stay. We have hot water throughout the building, Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned.

Very lovely hostel great staff very helpful and friendly 😀very clean and wifi very good

• 25th May 2015

Thank you for your friendly review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and that our staff was a great help. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure cleanliness in our facility. We have free wifi in our lobby and common area.

Totally worth it! Cheap compared to other hostels, nice staff and great location, close to the blue line of the subway and practically inside central park. The only things that I don't like are the shower (kind of cold and with no support for your shampoo) and the lack of a kitchen.

Hostel is in a good location by Central Park, however, not very close to the sightseeing attractions of Manhattan. I felt that the area was safe and that our stuff was safe while staying here. The staff was not very friendly or overly helpful but got the job done, I suppose. It really wasn't too loud or rowdy here, which was nice. The free Thursday night comedy show was a fun perk, although hardly anyone else came. I had one cockroach encounter in the shower room, but otherwise it was clean-ish.

Thank you for your review, we have a train station just a few blocks away and with a short train ride it will take you to most attractions. We also have Central Park right across the street from us which is a wonderful attraction. Front desk staff works 24 hour and surveillance cameras throughout our building to assure safety. Our staff assures all guests are welcomed and helped with any questions and concerns. Cleaning staff and exterminators come in daily to assure cleanliness.

Staff were rather unfriendly, and preferred to be talking to each other than to help guests. The hostel was extremely noisy - and not because of the New York traffic but because the doors are made in such a way that they have to slam shut. With guests coming and going, there is door slamming (and I mean loud slamming) all night. The bathrooms were tiny, and could have been kept in better condition.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our staff assures all guests are being helped with any questions and concerns. Cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned.