Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

Good Hostel for the money, especially in comparison to prices of other hostels in NYC.

Clean and well-managed. Location a subway ride each way from Midtown-what hostel is anyway near there? Close enough to Museum Mile-and the Museum of Natural History/New York Historical Society. Wish the description didn't say towels would be charged - mine was free so I didn't have to lug a threadbare towel all week with me. Would definitely go back - and recommend it to others. They waived the no metropolitan area for me. Noisy partygoers very late-but it's a hostel, after all.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our hostel and our services. We have free towel service in our hostel. Thank you for the word of recommendation and our hostel does have quiet hours from 11pm to 7am.

No wifi in the room, bed was comfortable and found ants.

• 4th Jun 2015

Everything was great and what I expected from a hostel. The cleaning staff was really loud in the mornings letting doors slam and hitting walls and talking, which didn't really bother me too much to effect my stay, but other people might not like that. Omar the entertainer was super cool and fun too!

• 4th Jun 2015

I never felt like the staff even cared to answer my questions . One guy acted like he didn't even care . So I really wasn't impressed to be honest, next time I come to New York will not stay here !

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Customer service is always a first priority to us, our front desk agents are available 24 hours to help guests with any questions or concerns.

A Sergio who worked at 3 June night lied. We asked for taxi info to JFK for 4 ppl+4bags. He tried hard to convince us that a cab wont fit and will cost $100 upwards with toll, tip etc. Persuaded us to buy shuttle bus tixs @ $21 per pax. We might look or speak like foreigners but too bad we are actually very English literate. upon researching on net we knew he lied. left a very bad taste in our mouth.Smooth ride to jfk on 1st cab @ $52 flat and tipped driver. toilets are far and dirty. no lift.

The hostel itself was fine - spacious rooms, average showering facilities, homely common room and overall quite clean. However the staff were rude and obnoxious. They left a trainee alone on the desk who was unsure of the system resulting in taking 45 minute to check in. When another employee finally arrived to help they were sarcastic and belittling. Also screwed up our payment with no apology. Extremely disappointed. Will not stay here again.

Unfortunately, this was a bad hostel to stay at. Hostelworld had extra taxes that I had to pay on arrival that weren't clear on the website. Although it's near Central Park/subway...the facilities were awful, no kitchen, below basic showers/toilets, very noisy building, staff hit & miss, some were lovely, others rude/bored, room to socialise was tiny & messy, tacky display/signs, rooms were awful (think dungeons) & room key access system was very faulty. Annoying & not recommended!!!

• 30th May 2015

Showers were freezing cold, desk staff were stand-offish. The hostel is clean and safe but otherwise very basic. I stayed in a two-bed dorm and it was very sparse for the money we paid. I ended up moving to a hotel nearby and received a comfortable double-bed and hot showers for an extra $15 per person a night.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during you stay. We have hot water throughout the building, Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned.

Very lovely hostel great staff very helpful and friendly 😀very clean and wifi very good

• 25th May 2015

Thank you for your friendly review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and that our staff was a great help. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure cleanliness in our facility. We have free wifi in our lobby and common area.

Totally worth it! Cheap compared to other hostels, nice staff and great location, close to the blue line of the subway and practically inside central park. The only things that I don't like are the shower (kind of cold and with no support for your shampoo) and the lack of a kitchen.

Hostel is in a good location by Central Park, however, not very close to the sightseeing attractions of Manhattan. I felt that the area was safe and that our stuff was safe while staying here. The staff was not very friendly or overly helpful but got the job done, I suppose. It really wasn't too loud or rowdy here, which was nice. The free Thursday night comedy show was a fun perk, although hardly anyone else came. I had one cockroach encounter in the shower room, but otherwise it was clean-ish.

Thank you for your review, we have a train station just a few blocks away and with a short train ride it will take you to most attractions. We also have Central Park right across the street from us which is a wonderful attraction. Front desk staff works 24 hour and surveillance cameras throughout our building to assure safety. Our staff assures all guests are welcomed and helped with any questions and concerns. Cleaning staff and exterminators come in daily to assure cleanliness.

Staff were rather unfriendly, and preferred to be talking to each other than to help guests. The hostel was extremely noisy - and not because of the New York traffic but because the doors are made in such a way that they have to slam shut. With guests coming and going, there is door slamming (and I mean loud slamming) all night. The bathrooms were tiny, and could have been kept in better condition.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our staff assures all guests are being helped with any questions and concerns. Cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned.

The staff mixed up our group reservations, checking in people that were checking out on different dates in the wrong rooms. The manager was never available so it took two days to fix the mixup. Staff were not friendly except for the very last one that fixed the mixup.

• 17th May 2015
  • Puerto Rico

i stayed by 3 nights Jazz on the park.. and i liked ... the events that happened over there are very enjoyed... i liked the stand up and Bob Marley is so fun.

• 16th May 2015

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the events we organized. Every night our event coordinator organizes a new events for guests to enjoy.

Very great hostel, good location. Nice atmosphere in the hostel and with the staff. If you're looking for a simple and nice hostel in a calm area in NY, is this one... The only problem is that there is no kitchen for cooking but have a fridge and things to make a coffe or ,noodle ahah. Hamburger is cheap near by.

It was nice to stay in this hostel for those price sensitive students. Staffs were very kind and supportive. It would've been better if the locker was a bit larger. It couldnt fit my backpack which i store all my valuables to carry with me all the time.

• 12th May 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff strives to assure all guests are being helped with any questions and concerns. Lockers in the rooms are large enough to fit valuables, we also have a storage room located by the front desk if guests want to leave their luggage and bags there instead.

Great location, OLD building, OLD rooms. Five story walk-up (no elevators). No wifi except downstairs in the lobby. I guess nearly $50/night in New York gets you an ancient facility that looks like it was built in the 1800s and hasn't been very maintained.

Thank you for your review, unfortunately we do not advertise an elevator in our building. We have free wifi in our lobby and common area for our guests. Our hostel has been around for many years, every day we have maintenance renovate our hostel for a more modern look.

everything was perfect. i wish there were people hanging out at common area. maybe they need to organize more events other than the comedy show

• 9th May 2015
  • India

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. We have an event coordinator that organizes events every night for our guests. We also have a free comedy show every Thursday and Sunday night.

It was a great hostel, in a very good location near Central Park west and only a few blocks from a subway. Would just be better if it had a kitchen.