Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

The staff mixed up our group reservations, checking in people that were checking out on different dates in the wrong rooms. The manager was never available so it took two days to fix the mixup. Staff were not friendly except for the very last one that fixed the mixup.

• 17th May 2015
  • Puerto Rico

i stayed by 3 nights Jazz on the park.. and i liked ... the events that happened over there are very enjoyed... i liked the stand up and Bob Marley is so fun.

• 16th May 2015

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the events we organized. Every night our event coordinator organizes a new events for guests to enjoy.

Very great hostel, good location. Nice atmosphere in the hostel and with the staff. If you're looking for a simple and nice hostel in a calm area in NY, is this one... The only problem is that there is no kitchen for cooking but have a fridge and things to make a coffe or ,noodle ahah. Hamburger is cheap near by.

It was nice to stay in this hostel for those price sensitive students. Staffs were very kind and supportive. It would've been better if the locker was a bit larger. It couldnt fit my backpack which i store all my valuables to carry with me all the time.

• 12th May 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff strives to assure all guests are being helped with any questions and concerns. Lockers in the rooms are large enough to fit valuables, we also have a storage room located by the front desk if guests want to leave their luggage and bags there instead.

Great location, OLD building, OLD rooms. Five story walk-up (no elevators). No wifi except downstairs in the lobby. I guess nearly $50/night in New York gets you an ancient facility that looks like it was built in the 1800s and hasn't been very maintained.

Thank you for your review, unfortunately we do not advertise an elevator in our building. We have free wifi in our lobby and common area for our guests. Our hostel has been around for many years, every day we have maintenance renovate our hostel for a more modern look.

everything was perfect. i wish there were people hanging out at common area. maybe they need to organize more events other than the comedy show

• 9th May 2015
  • India

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. We have an event coordinator that organizes events every night for our guests. We also have a free comedy show every Thursday and Sunday night.

It was a great hostel, in a very good location near Central Park west and only a few blocks from a subway. Would just be better if it had a kitchen.

The property is in good location, the area is quiet, close to the subway and central park. However, there is not really a hostel character in the communal area, no kitchen that guests can use. The mens showers where in rather bad shape and there was a smell of sewage. In the dorm where I was located they had a brocken pipe, and water constantly dripping from the ceiling. They had a note there that they will do some minor renovations due to this leak, but they didn't seem to be to much in a rush.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We are pleased to hear you were able to enjoy the convenience of our hostel. We have an event coordinator that organizes events every night for guests staying with us. Unfortunately we do not advertise a full kitchen but we do have a microwave, toaster and water kettle available for guests to use. Maintenance and housekeepers comes in daily to assure cleanliness and renovations.

Just go anywhere else. Really. Anywhere.

I used to work at a hostel in Washington, DC. I was impressed with this hostel. It was clean, had activities and wasn't expensive. The only thing I wish was different were more accessible electrical outlets in the room for charging phones and laptops. I use my phone for my alarm and need it charged while I sleep.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Our staff organizes events every day for guests to enjoy. Cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. Extra electrical cords may be requested at our front desk.

Good place. Clean bed and room. Bathroom was generally clean. It could use a dry area outside of the shower, but otherwise I did not have a problem.Great location. Friendly staff. I would consider staying here again during my next stay in nyc.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. We have 24 hour front desk staff available to help with any questions or concerns.

Not as homey as the other place I stayed, but very clean, neat, lots of art all about so I dig that. The rooms are nice and it's literally just across from Central Park West entrance, close to subway and bus stops, lotsa food options about. The wifi is great too haha.

Thank you for your review, we apologize you did not enjoy the comfort of our hostel but pleased to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere and location. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. We have free wifi in our lobby and common area.

Mattress were really uncomfortable, I spent there a week. But what I really thing you need to get is a fridge (At the lobby). Beside that, everything else was regular.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Thank you for your review, we apologize that you did not enjoy the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses. Unfortunately we do not advertise a refrigerator in our lobby.

It was an alright place. To be honest, I probably wouldn't recommend it if it were located anywhere else, but for a centrally located hostel in Manhattan you could do a lot worse. The receptionist was polite, and the place felt very secure. It is not the cleanest, as other reviews have attested. All in all not a bad place at all, just not high end. But you're probably not looking to pay for high end, right?

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our hostel and the welcoming of our staff. Our housekeepers comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned.

Consider there is no lift /elevator (2/3 floors upstairs) The fridge was wroken all the week. Wifi only in públic áreas. Good location. Some staff was really nice

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Unfortunately we do not advertise an elevator nor a refrigerator. We are pleased to hear our staff was a great help. We have free wifi in our lobby and common area.

In gerenal, it was a good experience considering the price I paid for. The location was nice, really close to the Central Park and few block from a subway station and also close to a grocery shop. I think the showers could be improved, it was not all clean and I missed places to storage soap for example.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our location. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned.

staff poor, cleaniess poor

It's about a 20 minute (walking including) ride into times sq. but I like that it's away from all the tourist crowds. Central park is right across the street and you can easily walk to Columbia university. Overall location is amazing! The hostel is excellent for the price. Lots of showers but it was never crowded anyway. Only 1 bathroom per floor but it wasn't too big of a deal. Toilet space is small. Staff does a great job cleaning, don't mistaken the old building for dirtiness.

Thank you for your friendly review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and the convenience of our location. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. Showers and toilets are located on each floor at each end of the hallway with many stalls in each for guests to use.

The hostel has a nice location of about 20 mins by metro to central Manhattan, the room is nice and basic. When it was cold they set the heaters on and I could get extra blankets, I would come again!

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. We have a metro station just three blocks away from our hostel, convenient for guests to travel to different attractions. Our hostel also has central heating in the building to accommodate the cold temperature outside and extra blankets may be requested with the front desk.

Awesome time! Will stay here every time I travel to New York! Basic room but it did the job and the location was killer!!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and the convenience of our location. Many stores and restaurants just a few blocks away and Central Park right next to us.