Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

I used to work at a hostel in Washington, DC. I was impressed with this hostel. It was clean, had activities and wasn't expensive. The only thing I wish was different were more accessible electrical outlets in the room for charging phones and laptops. I use my phone for my alarm and need it charged while I sleep.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Our staff organizes events every day for guests to enjoy. Cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. Extra electrical cords may be requested at our front desk.

Good place. Clean bed and room. Bathroom was generally clean. It could use a dry area outside of the shower, but otherwise I did not have a problem.Great location. Friendly staff. I would consider staying here again during my next stay in nyc.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. We have 24 hour front desk staff available to help with any questions or concerns.

Not as homey as the other place I stayed, but very clean, neat, lots of art all about so I dig that. The rooms are nice and it's literally just across from Central Park West entrance, close to subway and bus stops, lotsa food options about. The wifi is great too haha.

Thank you for your review, we apologize you did not enjoy the comfort of our hostel but pleased to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere and location. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. We have free wifi in our lobby and common area.

Mattress were really uncomfortable, I spent there a week. But what I really thing you need to get is a fridge (At the lobby). Beside that, everything else was regular.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Thank you for your review, we apologize that you did not enjoy the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses. Unfortunately we do not advertise a refrigerator in our lobby.

It was an alright place. To be honest, I probably wouldn't recommend it if it were located anywhere else, but for a centrally located hostel in Manhattan you could do a lot worse. The receptionist was polite, and the place felt very secure. It is not the cleanest, as other reviews have attested. All in all not a bad place at all, just not high end. But you're probably not looking to pay for high end, right?

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our hostel and the welcoming of our staff. Our housekeepers comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned.

Consider there is no lift /elevator (2/3 floors upstairs) The fridge was wroken all the week. Wifi only in públic áreas. Good location. Some staff was really nice

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Unfortunately we do not advertise an elevator nor a refrigerator. We are pleased to hear our staff was a great help. We have free wifi in our lobby and common area.

In gerenal, it was a good experience considering the price I paid for. The location was nice, really close to the Central Park and few block from a subway station and also close to a grocery shop. I think the showers could be improved, it was not all clean and I missed places to storage soap for example.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our location. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned.

staff poor, cleaniess poor

It's about a 20 minute (walking including) ride into times sq. but I like that it's away from all the tourist crowds. Central park is right across the street and you can easily walk to Columbia university. Overall location is amazing! The hostel is excellent for the price. Lots of showers but it was never crowded anyway. Only 1 bathroom per floor but it wasn't too big of a deal. Toilet space is small. Staff does a great job cleaning, don't mistaken the old building for dirtiness.

Thank you for your friendly review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and the convenience of our location. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. Showers and toilets are located on each floor at each end of the hallway with many stalls in each for guests to use.

The hostel has a nice location of about 20 mins by metro to central Manhattan, the room is nice and basic. When it was cold they set the heaters on and I could get extra blankets, I would come again!

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. We have a metro station just three blocks away from our hostel, convenient for guests to travel to different attractions. Our hostel also has central heating in the building to accommodate the cold temperature outside and extra blankets may be requested with the front desk.

Awesome time! Will stay here every time I travel to New York! Basic room but it did the job and the location was killer!!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and the convenience of our location. Many stores and restaurants just a few blocks away and Central Park right next to us.

Cold, noisy, and dirty. Bring earplugs and warm clothing. On the plus side, I got a refund when I asked for it...

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We have central heating in our hostel and extra blankets may be requested at the front desk. We have quiet hours between 11pm-7am. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned.

I stayed at this hostel 2002, 2005 and now 2015. It's a really nice hostel whit great staff. It's very clean. If you are thinking of New York and looking for a good place to stay and you are on a budget this is a VERY good choice! -Magnus from Sweden

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you for your friendly review, we are very pleased to hear you have enjoyed every stay with us at Jazz on the Park. Our front desk and cleaning staff always strives to provide the best customer service to our guests. Thank you for the recommendation to other travelers.

Lovely staff, very helpful and accommodating. Will be back next time I'm in NYC. Area itself it quiet, right nextnext central park, perfectperfect for a moning run

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that our staff was a great help and welcoming. Our hostel is just a few steps away from Central Park.

Told me I wasn't allowed to say because I was from New Jersey but the description said "no NY residents". I'm a Jersey resident, they said that jersey is part of the tristate area and is part of NY.

• 20th Apr 2015

Chambermaid should knock the door before entering. Room wasn't clean enough, in the locker dirty used flip-flops from guests that left.

• 19th Apr 2015

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. Our staff knocks first announcing, "staff" before entering each room.

Great location, good price, I just wish the towels, linens, and facilities were more clean.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our hostel's location. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all towels, linens and facilities are cleaned.

The staff were amazing! Very professional, and friendly atmosphere. It was great doing business with them, but I am not a youth. My body tells lies, but my body feels the truth!

• 17th Apr 2015

Thank you for your kind review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the hospitality and customer service our staff provides.

It was easy to find, good price for the location, average facilities/cleanliness.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our facility. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure the cleanliness of our hostel.

Jazz on the park is the best hostel in NYC.Clean rooms n bathrooms,secure 24/7/365,great neighborhood,public transportation literally outside the front door and great bars/restaurants on the next block.The staff is friendly,courteous and full of information about anything in NYC!

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you had an amazing stay at our hostel. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned and our front desk staff is available 24 hours to answer any questions or concerns.