Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

This was perfect for what we wanted. Really cheap place so stay in New-York and we were not in the hostel most of the time. However staff didn't really cared about helping people and stuff so for the check in, really don't bother coming before 3 o'clock. Beside that, all good, except toilet not being on the same floor (for example, on first floor you won't have any men washrooms)

• 16th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Our staff may be a bit busy at times but always willing to help with any questions or concerns. Our check-in time is 3pm and check-out time is 11am. If guests arrive early we have a storage room to store your luggage in the meantime. Toilets are available on each end of the hallway on each floor, also available in the common areas.

The location is great, it's so close to Central Park! The staff is nice and the rooms are fine. The beds are ok, but it was very warm in the dorm, so that doesn't felt nice in the morning. The kitchen is a little weird, but this hostel is a good place to stay.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that our staff was helpful and welcoming. Unfortunately we do not advertise a full kitchen facility however, we do have a microwave and refrigerator available for guests to use.

The real problem was the shortage of outlets on the bedroom.

• 15th Jan 2015

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We have outlets located in our common area as well.

Everything I expected it to be. Typical city hostel, good value for money. I came there looking for somewhere to sleep and take a shower once in a while, and that's what I got. Would go again

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

A great stay. I'll be back the next time I'm in NYC.

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel.

I was pleased with the staff and facility. I'd certainly stay here again. Staff was very friendly and helpful, building appeared secure and moderately well kept. the bathroom on my floor was out of order for my entire stay; I have no idea how long it was that way. The trip down 2 flights was an acceptable detour, however.

• 13th Jan 2015

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that our staff was a great help and welcoming. We'd like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our building is secured with 24 hour security cameras and locked doors only accessible with key cards.

This place is nice enough.. A decent common area (which is the only place wifi works) which makes for a good amount of social interaction.. However Internet is really average - don't mean to be picky but if a beach hut in the middle of nowhere can manage "skype-able" wifi then a 5 story hostel on Manhattan probably should be able to as well! Be wary that there isn't a lift also. Prepare to be frustrated with the toilet/shower situation if you're of the male persuasion. Would(did) go back though!

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We offer free wifi in our common area. Unfortunately we do not advertise an elevator. There are bathrooms and showers on each floor at each end of the hallway.

With this price and very good location, we have nothing to say. Close to Central Park and subway station which is very convenient. We've stayed at 2 bed mix dorm for a week, warm enough and there were lockers provided. The bad thing is, one of the day we found our dorm door was opened and I guess because of the house keeping didn't close the door properly after they clean the trash bin ... And there is no kitchen, only a microwave ....

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Unfortunately we do not advertise a full kitchen facility, however we do have a microwave and refrigerator that is available for guests to use. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the warmth and comfort of our hostel.

Avoid. Very noisy and unpleasant.

Thank your for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our common area is for guests to socialize and relax, we put music on sometimes for the guests to enjoy.

The kitchen is very poor. It doesn´t have instruments to cook, no cups, mugs, either cutlery. There is a grocery very near the hostel, so you can buy food there.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Unfortunately we do not advertise a full kitchen facility however we do have a microwave, toaster and refrigerator available for guests to use. We also have plastic utensils, bowls and plates available.

Worst hostel i've been to so far.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We have staff on duty 24 hours at the front desk to answer any questions or concerns during your stay.

This is one of the WORST hostels I have ever stayed out. The staff were very rude and uncaring...I had booked for 2 nights in a 2 person room but their system only showed 1 night. After going back and forth for a while they finally accommodated me in a 6 person dorm for higher the price? Not to mention the staff played loud music all throughout the night making it impossible to rest here. I am very disappointed in this facility and DO NOT RECOMMEND!

• 8th Jan 2015

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our staff may be a bit busy at times but always willing to help and assure all guests enjoy their stay at our hostel. Music is played for the guests to enjoy and relax in our cafeteria.

By far the cheapest hostel we found - good value because of cleanliness and good location. Downsides: Wifi only in the common area, which is small and crowded in the evening. Kitchen was poorly equipped - there are microwaves, but no bowls or plates to use with. Only plastic cutlery (packs with one fork, spoon and knife). So if you just want to use spoons, you waste a fork and a knife every time. Choose a room on floors 1-3 because 4 and 5 are not very well heated.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our cleaning staff assures a clean atmosphere for all guests. Unfortunately we do not advertise a full kitchen facility but we do have a microwave and refrigerator available for guests. We also have paper plates, bowls and plastic utensils for guests to use.

I had an amazing time at Jazz hostel, staff members were extremely accommodating and friendly. They were so kind and very involved with and helpful in planning activities. The hostel had an excellent atmosphere and was clean and tidy. Sergio and José were perfect hosts. I extremely recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a fun time with awesome attendants and a good vibe! Enjoy your time in New York City!

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you had such an awesome time at our hostel and that our staff was friendly and welcoming. Thank your for the favorable mention.

We were really impressed with this hostel for the price - when you're choosing between the cheapest hostels you can find, it's hard to know what you might end up with. For the price, the service, the location, and the cleanliness, it was excellent value. Of course, the building and facilities show wear and tear, like any hostel, but it was comfortable and very clean - bathroom facilities and floors were cleaned with bleach every day we were there. Will definitely be back next time we're in NYC!

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our facility and the excellent customer service our staff provides.

It's not worth

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our rates are affordable for low budget travelers. We have 24 hour staff at the front desk to assure all guests are being helped with any questions or concerns.

If you are traveling alone like I was and want a friendly hostel close to Central Park and the subway station, this is the place to stay. I really have nothing to complain about it. Actually I was sad to left everyone there and come back home.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Thank you for your review, we are very excited to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our hostel and made many friends at our hostel.

While the staff was accommodating in helping me to get ready for a great New Year's Eve before check-in, my friend and I did not feel that this was the cleanest hostel we've stayed in. We understand it was New Years, but it was very loud, and therefore hard to sleep. And, for less money, we've had cleaner bathrooms and cleaner rooms. We don't intend to stay here again.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure a clean atmosphere for all guests. We have guests that travel from all over the world and want to experience the New York City holiday spirit.

It's a nice hostel. I stayed in a two-bed bedroom, clean and spacious with enough room for both. The only problem I had was that I arrived at 11pm on New Year's Eve, I let them know about my late check-in the day before, but no one was at the front desk to open the door (I called and wait for 30min) or available to check me in. Beside that, the atmosphere there is great and also is the location, one block away from Central Park and two blocks from 103st W subway station.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that may have encountered during your stay. Our staff may be a bit busy at times assisting other guests throughout the building. We are pleased to hear that you did enjoy atmosphere and comfort of our hostel.

It was okay. I got to know many awesome friends. But it was so cold, so I didn't even take shower.