Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

It was a wonderful stay. Jazz on the Park is in an excellent, safe neighborhood. My only concern was no security challenge / no key card was needed to access the rooms from the common area via the employee only "pass through "to the hall leading to the rooms.

• 21st Oct 2015

We are more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are security measured, we have surveillance cameras through out the whole building. We provide a key card system that only allows our guests to enter the building and the rooms assigned. Thank you for your review, it is very much appreciated.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Kitchen facilities were quite limited. Fifth floor dorm was a long way up for a 70 year old.

The staff weren't good communicators and did not try to help me with some things including breaches of security that had occurred. Then when I asked further, they said they'd do something which they didn't do. Disappointing- I have to assume this reflects a problem with management.

We apologize for the inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay with us. Our front desk team are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to assist our clients with any requests, questions, or concerns they may have. We strive to provide our guests with excellent customer service and have them take home a memorable experience. We have surveillance cameras set up through out the whole building and key card operated doors to enter our building and rooms. Thank you for your review!!

Please oil the door in room 209 that's where I stayed . It was annoying everytime I open the door it makes a loud cracking sound. Rooms was also a bit stuffy not very clean.

• 16th Oct 2015
  • South Africa

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. Our maintenance team arrives daily to ensure that all of our facilities are maintained and up to date. Our cleaning staff arrives daily to ensure that ALL facilities are clean and available for our guests. Air conditioners are provided in each room and its available to our guests at all times.

Really nice and clean, good atmosphere, the heater wasn't working so my room was a bit cold. But I'll definitely go back

Thank you for taking time to give us a review. We apologize for any issues you may have encountered during your stay. The heating temperature is regulated by the New York State, however; we do provide portable heaters upon request. We look forward to your stay with us in the near future, see you soon!!

All of the staff were exceptionally friendly !

• 14th Oct 2015

We very much appreciate your awesome review. Our staff strives daily to provide our clients with an outstanding service and leave them with a memorable experience to take home. Thank you!!

One shower per floor , uncomfortable beds

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay. It is unfortunate that you were not able to enjoy our brand new spring-less mattresses. Two bathrooms are located at the end of each corridor. Thank you, your review is very much appreciated.

Luis, the desk clerk, was very cordial and helpful as were the cleaning staff. the walls were very thin, I could hear other people talking. Door slamming was incessant. The doors need to have padding in the door jams or springs to control the door closing. The base boards need to be painted the same color as the walls. the WiFi doesn't work above the first floor--no excuse. Had to search for women's bathroom.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Dominican Republic

nice place,very comfortable and convenience.

• 5th Oct 2015
  • China

We very much appreciate your review and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you!!

Average is ok, but the wifi is only available in lobby. Wifi was weak and unstable. Hairdryer didn't work. But still good for value.

• 5th Oct 2015
  • Taiwan

We very much appreciate your review. We have hair dryers in each bathroom as well as portable ones available at front desk. We do not advertise Wi-Fi, however, we do provide FREE Wi-Fi at our common areas.

Good location, relatively quiet, and cheap, but below average on all other counts. Dirty, cramped bathrooms (and they weren't on the same floor as my room). room door didn't latch properly. Staff wasn't super friendly, and the guy at reception the first day seemed annoyed that he had to help the guests. No elevator, and there didn't seem to be any heat on in the room. Beds were mediocre.

We apologize for any issues you encountered during your stay. Our cleaning staff arrives daily to ensure that ALL facilities are clean and available to our guests. Bathrooms are located at the end of each corridor. Heating temperature is regulated by the New York State, however; we do provide portable heaters upon request. Our front desk staff always goes above and beyond to ensure our clients satisfaction. Elevators are not advertised at this location. Your review is very much appreciated!!!

I've had a good experience at this hostel, descent rooms, showers were clean at all times and the doors work with cards, which in my opinion works well. Location is good enough, it's quite a bit uptown, but with the nearby subway you're downtown in about 15 minutes! Atmosphere was ok, during my stay I felt like people were doing there own thing, which was fine, but would've enjoyed meeting some more people.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities at our hostel. Thank you, we very much appreciate your review!!

I made rez. For 2 people for 5 days for 8 bed dorm. Then I cancelled the last day for 1 person. Then i learned that for the last day they changed my rez. for 2 people room for 70 dolars. I dont know why they did such a thing. The last day unfortunately i stayed at the airport

I liked almost everything, staff was not that friendly. Only thing I would serve breakfast for the price they charge it would be great!

• 18th Sep 2015

Thank you for your review. Our team strives to provide the best customer service experience possible to our guests. They are available 24 hours a day to help with any questions or concerns. We do not serve breakfast however we are steps away from a variety of restaurants .

Liked: Private double rooms. Quiet, were able to get good rest, no noise from the outside. Bathrooms where close. Close to central park. M60 bus drops you blocks away from LGA. Downs: 1hr & $5.50 total for every round trip subway to and fro downtown. Consider paying $10 more for a room somewhere else, and will save you down commuting time. No elevators, our room was on the 5th floor, the stairs got any energy that we had left. No breakfast. Cleaningness just 'ok'.

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Argentina

The Staff was friendly and very helpful, especially Luis. One minor point I would suggest however is to physically put letters the dorm beds, "A" or "B" or whatever, the same as is on your room payment receipt. That way there would be no confusion as to which bed is yours.

It was frustrating that the wifi did not extend past the ground floor.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. We do not advertise Wi-Fi yet we do provide it for FREE in our common areas. Thank you, your review is very much appreciated.

Left my bag with them after my check out in the morning, had to pay 5$ for it and the guy at the reception told me to leave it at the reception that would put it inside the locker room. 8 hours latter I returned and my bag was at the entrance corridor, outside of the room were it was supposed to be. I took it and left. no one asked me nothing to get inside, no one asked me nothing when I left, I wasn't staying there anymore and I got in, took a bag and left, and no one cared.

Terrible stay at this hostel! Whilst the hostel itself is pretty clean, that's about where it ends! Staff are not overly friendly, beds are uncomfortable as the mattress is so thin, no wifi in any of the rooms, there is no breakfast, no kitchen and to top it all off, none of the washing machines work! As I was staying for a week, all of these were a concern - if you're just a couple of nights... I'm sure you'll be fine!

Thanks for your review. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We do not advertise a kitchen, however; a fridge, microwave, and a hot water dispenser is available to our guests at anytime. Our washing machines and dryers are all new and are used every single day by our house keepers. Wi-Fi is complimentary in our common areas. We always try our best to provide outstanding customer service and leave our guests with a memorable experience.

i was only here for one night but my experience was ok. they ran out of room keys so if i wanted to leave my room i had to ask the desk to let me back in. other then that great location.