Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

No wifi in the room, bed was comfortable and found ants.

• 4th Jun 2015

Everything was great and what I expected from a hostel. The cleaning staff was really loud in the mornings letting doors slam and hitting walls and talking, which didn't really bother me too much to effect my stay, but other people might not like that. Omar the entertainer was super cool and fun too!

• 4th Jun 2015

I never felt like the staff even cared to answer my questions . One guy acted like he didn't even care . So I really wasn't impressed to be honest, next time I come to New York will not stay here !

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Customer service is always a first priority to us, our front desk agents are available 24 hours to help guests with any questions or concerns.

A Sergio who worked at 3 June night lied. We asked for taxi info to JFK for 4 ppl+4bags. He tried hard to convince us that a cab wont fit and will cost $100 upwards with toll, tip etc. Persuaded us to buy shuttle bus tixs @ $21 per pax. We might look or speak like foreigners but too bad we are actually very English literate. upon researching on net we knew he lied. left a very bad taste in our mouth.Smooth ride to jfk on 1st cab @ $52 flat and tipped driver. toilets are far and dirty. no lift.

The hostel itself was fine - spacious rooms, average showering facilities, homely common room and overall quite clean. However the staff were rude and obnoxious. They left a trainee alone on the desk who was unsure of the system resulting in taking 45 minute to check in. When another employee finally arrived to help they were sarcastic and belittling. Also screwed up our payment with no apology. Extremely disappointed. Will not stay here again.

Thanks for your review. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Our front desk team always go the extra mile to ensure guest satisfaction. They are available 24 hours and are more than happy to assist guest with any issues or concerns. Trainees are never left online for check in process.

Unfortunately, this was a bad hostel to stay at. Hostelworld had extra taxes that I had to pay on arrival that weren't clear on the website. Although it's near Central Park/subway...the facilities were awful, no kitchen, below basic showers/toilets, very noisy building, staff hit & miss, some were lovely, others rude/bored, room to socialise was tiny & messy, tacky display/signs, rooms were awful (think dungeons) & room key access system was very faulty. Annoying & not recommended!!!

• 30th May 2015

Showers were freezing cold, desk staff were stand-offish. The hostel is clean and safe but otherwise very basic. I stayed in a two-bed dorm and it was very sparse for the money we paid. I ended up moving to a hotel nearby and received a comfortable double-bed and hot showers for an extra $15 per person a night.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during you stay. We have hot water throughout the building, Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »