Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

It's not worth

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our rates are affordable for low budget travelers. We have 24 hour staff at the front desk to assure all guests are being helped with any questions or concerns.

If you are traveling alone like I was and want a friendly hostel close to Central Park and the subway station, this is the place to stay. I really have nothing to complain about it. Actually I was sad to left everyone there and come back home.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Thank you for your review, we are very excited to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our hostel and made many friends at our hostel.

While the staff was accommodating in helping me to get ready for a great New Year's Eve before check-in, my friend and I did not feel that this was the cleanest hostel we've stayed in. We understand it was New Years, but it was very loud, and therefore hard to sleep. And, for less money, we've had cleaner bathrooms and cleaner rooms. We don't intend to stay here again.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure a clean atmosphere for all guests. We have guests that travel from all over the world and want to experience the New York City holiday spirit.

It's a nice hostel. I stayed in a two-bed bedroom, clean and spacious with enough room for both. The only problem I had was that I arrived at 11pm on New Year's Eve, I let them know about my late check-in the day before, but no one was at the front desk to open the door (I called and wait for 30min) or available to check me in. Beside that, the atmosphere there is great and also is the location, one block away from Central Park and two blocks from 103st W subway station.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that may have encountered during your stay. Our staff may be a bit busy at times assisting other guests throughout the building. We are pleased to hear that you did enjoy atmosphere and comfort of our hostel.

It was okay. I got to know many awesome friends. But it was so cold, so I didn't even take shower.

nice hostel. does not have wifi on the rooms and no male bathroom in first floor. other than that, comfy hostel, in a nice neighborhood, near the subway and central park.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We have free wifi in our lobby and cafeteria area. Bathrooms are located at each end of the hallway and also available in the common area.

Good location, close to subway station and plenty of delis near by. Not many showers or toilets and bathrooms were often dirty. Communal areas were good.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. Our bathrooms and showers are located on each end of the hallway of each floor. Cleaning staff comes in daily to assure a clean atmosphere for all guests.

Reasonably secure and clean, staff was very helpful.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our hostel and that our staff was helpful and welcoming.

Staff was never there, so people could barely check in or out. And they were very unfriendly aswell. Restrooms and showers were too small and dirty. The rooms are way too expensive !! Would never go there again

• 26th Dec 2014

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Staff may be busy at times with attention needed throughout the building. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure a clean atmosphere to our guests.

Disappointing that the wifi only works in the lobby area and not in the rooms.

• 26th Dec 2014

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We have free wifi in our common area.

I would definitely recommend Jazz on the Park, the staff are so helpful and there are events going on every night so you'll never get bored.

• 25th Dec 2014

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that the staff was a great help and you enjoyed the amazing events we set up. Thank you for the great mention!

This hostel is a good place where to stay. Pretty close to the city centre and to the C line metro stop, it has also a couple of groceries where to buy beers or anything you need it. Plus, almost everyday something will be arranged from the staff and you will never get bored! Rooms and facilities are a bit stark (e.g. only one WC for the whole floor, seriously?) but you are supposed to not spend too much time in your bedroom. The common area, on the ground floor, is large and comfortable

• 21st Dec 2014

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our hostel and the events that our staff sets up. The common area is for guests to relax and socialize and enjoy the fun events we have for guests.

The hostel is in a great location, especially for the price. The staff are also really nice and accommodating. The facilities and rooms are pretty basic, and not particularly nice, and the common area isn't necessarily that social and comfortable to hang out in (there was a bit of a kitchen/cafe area that was always closed, I'm assuming it is just never open?) but overall no major complaints, it was still a great value for the price!

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our hostel. We have a cafeteria and lobby area for guests to relax and socialize after a day of tourist activities. We also have a basement lounge that guests may feel free to use. Unfortunately, we do not advertise a full kitchen facility, however we do have a microwave and refrigerator available for the guests.

There's no elevator and it can be a little bit complicated if you have heavy luggage, once the staff doesn't help you with anything about it, neither show you the rooms. A weird experience was about a sound that came from hell seeming to be hitting pipes and also the heat that was over heat. They used to have breakfast in the first and second they and then it was suspended without any apologize or justification. Also there's no fountain, making you have to buy water to drink.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Unfortunately we do not advertise an elevator. Our staff is always willing to help to their best ability. Breakfast was a complimentary amenity from the hostel and canceled for certain reasons. The tap water from our hostel is drinkable.

It was my 5th time saying in NYC. I would say it is the worth one. First of all, the "local taxes" we're not included in the final bill. It's like extra 15 dollars. So sad. Secondly, I was given a towel which was actually yellow. Not because of the color but because it was absolutely dirty. Sorry, guys, I threw it away. My last two mornings were without breakfast. They just cancelled it and didn't give money back for this option. I would never stay there and recommend it to anybody.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Russia

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our website states that we charge a 14.75% state tax and $3.50 occupancy per person per night and will be added upon arrival. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to to assure all towels and facilities are cleaned. Breakfast was a complimentary amenity from management and canceled for certain reasons.

The Hostel is quite fair with a good price-service relation (clean, good bathrooms, good breakfast and good mood). If it had elevators would be more easy the access but until 5 floors of ladders it is fair enough.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed you stay at our hostel.

Had booked a 2 bed female dorm as I was staying with a friend - we weren't placed in the same room. Obviously this can happen with hostels, however, usually a hostel will try their best to accommodate for this - which they did not. Bedrooms were too hot. Bathrooms and bedrooms weren't as clean as they should've been. Reception booked a taxi to the airport which was meant to arrive in 10 mins - 50 mins later and no sign of taxi.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. When making reservations, one is booking for the bed and not the room. Our staff will try to accommodate in the same room but that is not a promise, also depending on our availability. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure our facility is cleaned. Heating control may also be requested at the front desk.

The reason behind my average scores for this hostel were the shower facilities. The ones I saw (and used) were just cubicles with shower curtains and very little space and very few hooks for clothes and towels. To make matters worse, there was no hot water when I tried to take a shower on the 4th floor on a wintry (6 deg Celsius) morning! The bunks were great, but the security of female guests need to be better enforced, the bathrooms' were accessible by all. Everything else is good.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our showers and toilets are located on each end of the hallway of each floor. They are also labeled male or female to secure the safety of male and female guests. The doors are always closed for bathrooms and showers. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses.

This hostel is good if you just want to have a place to sleep. So if you don't expect much it's perfekt. Important for me: they have rooms for just two. Everything was clean. The only really annoying this is that I reciefe a lot of mails from hostel world about writing a review. So if you don't want to receive them you shouldn't book it here. Also we needed to pay more than this hostelworl said. I'm happy with jazz on the park - but not with hostelworld.

• 10th Dec 2014

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed the comfort of our hostel. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure cleanliness of our facilities.

I stayed at the Jazz for three days earlier this month and my experience was absolutely fantastic. It is what it says, a hostel and is perfect for a short trip. Facilities are spartan but adequate. Rooms are clean the linen is fresh and there is air conditioning or heat as required. The staff was polite and helpful. Perfect for a short stay in the big Apple if you are not looking for any luxuries.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • India

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you had an amazing stay with us and that our staff was welcoming and helpful.