Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

For what I payed, it was a decent enough place to crash at. Wouldn't recommend for long stays though! Only come here if you're not fussy at all. Best feature was probably the hot showers in the coldest of winter, although they could have used a more thorough cleaning.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our warm showers. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure the cleanliness of our facility.

great located hostel in manhattan, just steps from the park and the subway, make your holiday in Ny really easy. bad things, wifi dont get into the room, not elevator (come on we carry heavy backpacks), one of the 3 showers in the girls bathroom was broken and leaking all the time, also not room to get change inside so u do it outside in front of the door. overall is good quality price for enjoying manhattan that it s the point

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We offer free wifi in our lobby and cafeteria area. Unfortunately we do not advertise an elevator in our building but our staff would gladly assist with the luggage.

I've stayed at many hostels all over the world and this rates as one of the worst for value for money. Firstly, and most importantly there is little to no vibe at all here, which isn't helped by the disinterested and often rude staff. Rooms are literally 30° Celsius round the clock, the male showers aren't hot and the internet (not a huge problem for me) is shocking. If they hired the right people this place would have some potential but I can't see that happening with the focus clearly being on

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our common area is for guests to socialize and relax. We offer free wifi in our lobby and common area. Our staff is always willing to help with any concerns for questions.

Well we bumped into the staff once when we checked in, the girl was kind of not cool, well I mean the American way when people smile at you and ask how they can help, she was a bit aggressive but still it was fine, maybe because I'm an Arab with Russian passport ;) anyway no free breakfast not even a coffee which is in America is a crime by itself, I suggest you add $20 and get yourself a room full of n Da Vinci hotel on the 56th street and 7th av. closer to downtown

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Russia

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our staff is always willing to help everyone with any questions or concerns. Unfortunately we do not advertise any breakfast or drinks included but we do have convenient stores located just a few steps away.

I gave the place another chance. While the friendliness improved, they have gotten rid of the comp breakfast, while not big deal for me, could be for others. My concern was a few of the guests, letting their friends crash in their rooms on the couch. One particular guy, checked out the proceeded to stay for 3 nights hanging out. Just a concern in that it's disconcerting they never check who is staying. On the other hand there was a slight improvement over my previous stay though.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Any concern please let our staff know, they are on duty 24 hours and always willing to help.

The kitchen is not usable. There is nowhere where you can prepare your food. The wifi is not strong enough. It's not available in the rooms and downstairs in the lobby the signal is very weak. Too many people chill in the lobby, there is definitely not enough space. On the pro side: we booked the cheapest room (10 ppl.) and we got a two-persons room, which was awesome. It was very, very, very small, but it was alright.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Unfortunately we do not advertise a full kitchen facility however, we have a microwave and refrigerator available for guests to use. We offer free wifi in our lobby and common area. We also have a basement lounge area which is open for guests to socialize and relax.

A quite decent place to have in Manhattan.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • China

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear your enjoyed the comfort of our hostel.

위치는 브로드웨이나 타임스퀘어등에서 지하철으로 20분, 이불상당히얇음, 뜨거운물안나오고 미지근함, 밤에잘때 보일러?기계음같은게수시로들림, 로비의와이파이느림. 이외에는 괜찮은호스텔인듯

• 24th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Great place to stay, the staff was really friendly and even guided me and a group of friends into NYC nightlife. On the cons side, I was on a third floor in a mixed room and the boys restroom was aaaaaaalllll the way down to the other corridor, which may be a problem for late night.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that our staff was a great help and that you enjoyed the nightly events. Our bathrooms are located on each end of the hallways of each floor.

Doesn't have a proper kitchen, no silverware ar all. apart from that rooms are awesome, bathrooms are somewhat clean. The lounge is always full, but people are not that willing to party, that being said, they take you to parties on weekends, and the staff is very cool to accomodate your needs,.

Great staff!!

No internet access in the room was an incovenience

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We offer free wifi in our lobby and common area.

I ve been staying at hostels in NYC for 10 years now and there is no reason why anyone shouldn t stay at Jazz on the Park every time!It is literally 50 ft from Central Park,3 blocks from 2 subway lines,2 blocks from great restaurants/bars and right on major bus routes.It is central Manhattan!Not Brooklyn,not Queens and not the Bronx like other hostels are but claim they re in NYC.Jose is the man to see about anything and everything because he is a native New Yorker!His advise is honest and helfu

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoy your stays at our hostel and that our staff was a great help and always welcoming.

This was perfect for what we wanted. Really cheap place so stay in New-York and we were not in the hostel most of the time. However staff didn't really cared about helping people and stuff so for the check in, really don't bother coming before 3 o'clock. Beside that, all good, except toilet not being on the same floor (for example, on first floor you won't have any men washrooms)

• 16th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Our staff may be a bit busy at times but always willing to help with any questions or concerns. Our check-in time is 3pm and check-out time is 11am. If guests arrive early we have a storage room to store your luggage in the meantime. Toilets are available on each end of the hallway on each floor, also available in the common areas.

The location is great, it's so close to Central Park! The staff is nice and the rooms are fine. The beds are ok, but it was very warm in the dorm, so that doesn't felt nice in the morning. The kitchen is a little weird, but this hostel is a good place to stay.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that our staff was helpful and welcoming. Unfortunately we do not advertise a full kitchen facility however, we do have a microwave and refrigerator available for guests to use.

The real problem was the shortage of outlets on the bedroom.

• 15th Jan 2015

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We have outlets located in our common area as well.

Everything I expected it to be. Typical city hostel, good value for money. I came there looking for somewhere to sleep and take a shower once in a while, and that's what I got. Would go again

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

A great stay. I'll be back the next time I'm in NYC.

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel.

I was pleased with the staff and facility. I'd certainly stay here again. Staff was very friendly and helpful, building appeared secure and moderately well kept. the bathroom on my floor was out of order for my entire stay; I have no idea how long it was that way. The trip down 2 flights was an acceptable detour, however.

• 13th Jan 2015

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that our staff was a great help and welcoming. We'd like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our building is secured with 24 hour security cameras and locked doors only accessible with key cards.

This place is nice enough.. A decent common area (which is the only place wifi works) which makes for a good amount of social interaction.. However Internet is really average - don't mean to be picky but if a beach hut in the middle of nowhere can manage "skype-able" wifi then a 5 story hostel on Manhattan probably should be able to as well! Be wary that there isn't a lift also. Prepare to be frustrated with the toilet/shower situation if you're of the male persuasion. Would(did) go back though!

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We offer free wifi in our common area. Unfortunately we do not advertise an elevator. There are bathrooms and showers on each floor at each end of the hallway.