Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

A good place to stay for a few nights !

• 29th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review, and favorable mention to other travelers.

The bathroom was really dirty. Also the bedroom wasn't so clean. The staff wasn't really welcome.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. Our staff is also available 24 hours to answer any questions and help with any concerns.

The staff were the best bit- they made me feel so welcome as a solo traveller! It has everything you need, I was a bit cold at night, but it would have been an easy fix if I had worn an extra layer.

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed the welcoming and help of our staff. Extra blankets or heat control may also be requested at our front desk.

Overall a nice hostel. A little bit far from the action, but a 5 minute walk from the subway. The staff weren't particularly friendly or helpful. If you are looking for a party kind of vibe, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Customer service is very important to us, our staff always strives to assure all guests are being helped and feels welcomed. We have new events every night at our hostel so guests will have an amazing time at our hostel.

The staff don't know what they do! I had a reservation for three days and when I arrived in the Hostel they said that the room was in the 5th floor and there's no elevator in the building. I asked for a room in the second floor. The employee said that she has to cancel my hostel world reservation and do another one. I said ok. What was my surprise when I came back in the evening? All my stuffs were in a trash bag in the luggage room!!! The new reservation was made only for one night!!!

• 25th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Unfortunately we do no advertise an elevator on our website. Check out dates are printed on receipts that are handed to guests along with check out time also.

We booked a 6 bed mixed dorm. There was six of us travelling and staying in the hostel however we got separated into two rooms.

• 24th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any confusion of your booking. When travelers book in our hostel, they are booking by the bed and not for the room. Upon arrival we try to put guests that book together in the same room but that is not a promise depending on our availability and guests that have been staying with us on previous nights.

The hostel is great, about 10 minutes from Times Square on the subway. The staff are great and helpful

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that our staff was a great help and that you had a wonderful stay in our hostel.

Staff were not particularly helpful on entry. There is no party vibe. Wifi is only in the downstairs common room and not in rooms. Location wasn't great, but subway is nearby so you can still get around. Breakfast consists of a bagel, coffee and banana which is not bad as it is free. Overall, I would not stay here again if I head back to NYC.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We offer free wifi only in our common areas. It may get busy at the front desk at times but our staff is always willing to help our guests and assure they enjoy their stay at our hostel.

Good value and staff was friendly and helpful. Major downside was the lack of a working kitchen, you can only make meals in the microwave. The showers had a severe lack of space also, no shelving to store your clothing and no shelves in the shower stalls to put anything.

Thank you for the review, we are delighted to hear that our staff was welcoming and a great help during your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience, unfortunately we do not advertise a full kitchen facility however, we do have a microwave, toaster and refrigerator available to guests at all times. There are showers on each floor and each end of the hallway available with hooks next to each stall for towels and clothing.

It is defeniteky one of the worst places I have been. The stuff was not nice at all, no even smiling, I had a feeling that they did not enjoy their work at all. The kitchen downstairs was really dirty and no one wanted to clean it, also the atmosphere was really bad. I did not wanted to come to the hostel after days walking in New York. I would defenitely recommend you to stay aaway from this place if you could find something else.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our cleaning staff comes in daily every morning to assure the kitchen and facility is cleaned. We have staff 24 hours to assure all guests are being helped with questions and concerns during their stay.

Great place - convenient location a few blocks from the bus to LGA airport and all west side subway lines. Rooms are clean and warm, water is hot, everyone is super-nice. Great experience!

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience at our hostel and enjoyed the convenient sights near us.

It was great!! very good Location!!

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Peru

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and that you enjoyed the wonderful sights near our facility.

Had a great stay! Cool staff (Jose and Omar)! Nice rooms. Awesome location.

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and that our staff was friendly and welcoming.

The staff is wonderful and accommodating, and this place attracts seasoned travellers from all over the world! Highly recommended.

• 15th Nov 2014

Thank you for your kind review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our facility and honored for the recommendation.

Staff was consistently unfriendly. There are no proper kitchen facilities, the fridge was full of rotten groceries and when staff did clean it out, they clearly had not been doing it regularly, as they laughed about how old and expired food items were. They ended up in the mess of cleaning it up, throwing out one of my tagged and dated bags of groceries. Tables are not wiped down in the common room. Guests were often sleeping on the couches in the main area, doors unlocked, etc

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We do not advertise a full kitchen facility on our websites but however, we do have a refrigerator and microwave available to guests at all times. Our cleaning staff cleans the refrigerator weekly and wipes down the common area every day. Doors are always locked and guests must carry their key cards in order to open the doors. Our common area is for guests to relax and socialize.

1. There needs a safe or lock on that locker to keep our belongings safe in domitory room. 2. I guess it is time to change its bed and duvet in domitory room. 3. NY is cold in winter time. The domitory room is also cold. 4. Breakfast tickets should be spreaded out to each person. I believe it's not matters related with time.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We advertise lockers in the rooms to assure safety of your belongings but guests need to have their own locks. There are convenience stores just a few steps away from our facility that sell locks for a fair price. We provide one breakfast voucher per guest every morning.

Jazz on the park is the best hostel in NYC and the location is right next to central park. Really cool and helpful staff, especially Jose and Maria. They organise free events such as pub crawls and comedy nights. The rate is also very good for NYC. I really recommend it.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Our staff works as a team to assure all guests are helped and feels welcomed at our hostel. We are glad you enjoyed the new events we have every day.

Staying at this hostel was very special - employees always willing to help, nice breakfast, good matress (not too soft), interesting people, interesting events happening almost every evening - what more could u wish for :D And off course - there's no curfew ! U can come whenever - u get a card that opens all the doors you need :)

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel and that our staff was there to help. We apologize that you did not enjoy the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses. We have new events everyday to assure that all guests enjoy their stay at our facility. Our front desk is also 24 hours, any questions or concerns just let us know.

This is my 3rd time staying at the hostel. There is a lot of fun, good entertainment & great staff (especially Jose, Omar and Sergio) I stayed numerous times at hostels in Amsterdam which is a fun place but Jazz has taken 1st place on my list. Highly recommend it!

Thank you for your friendly review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. We have new and fun entertainments each week. Our staff is always friendly and helpful and assures all guests enjoys their stay.

I paid under $40 for my one-night stay, so I had low expectations. I didn't care that it was loud, that there was no elevator, that the rooms didn't look like the pictures, etc. Everything was fine. But I give this hostel great ratings because, beyond value and location, it doesn't have a whole lot going for it. It's not the cleanest or most inviting. My biggest complaint is they really need more privacy in the showers, and some place to put your towel and clothes!

• 11th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. We have been renovation our facility for the modern look and comfort for our guests. The showers are separated male and female on each end of the hallway. Each stall has it's own curtains and hooks on the side for clothing and towels. Bathrooms and shower doors are closed at all times.