Jazz on the Park Youth Hotel Reviews

36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West, New York City, New York, USA

There's no elevator and it can be a little bit complicated if you have heavy luggage, once the staff doesn't help you with anything about it, neither show you the rooms. A weird experience was about a sound that came from hell seeming to be hitting pipes and also the heat that was over heat. They used to have breakfast in the first and second they and then it was suspended without any apologize or justification. Also there's no fountain, making you have to buy water to drink.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Unfortunately we do not advertise an elevator. Our staff is always willing to help to their best ability. Breakfast was a complimentary amenity from the hostel and canceled for certain reasons. The tap water from our hostel is drinkable.

It was my 5th time saying in NYC. I would say it is the worth one. First of all, the "local taxes" we're not included in the final bill. It's like extra 15 dollars. So sad. Secondly, I was given a towel which was actually yellow. Not because of the color but because it was absolutely dirty. Sorry, guys, I threw it away. My last two mornings were without breakfast. They just cancelled it and didn't give money back for this option. I would never stay there and recommend it to anybody.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Russia

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our website states that we charge a 14.75% state tax and $3.50 occupancy per person per night and will be added upon arrival. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to to assure all towels and facilities are cleaned. Breakfast was a complimentary amenity from management and canceled for certain reasons.

The Hostel is quite fair with a good price-service relation (clean, good bathrooms, good breakfast and good mood). If it had elevators would be more easy the access but until 5 floors of ladders it is fair enough.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed you stay at our hostel.

Had booked a 2 bed female dorm as I was staying with a friend - we weren't placed in the same room. Obviously this can happen with hostels, however, usually a hostel will try their best to accommodate for this - which they did not. Bedrooms were too hot. Bathrooms and bedrooms weren't as clean as they should've been. Reception booked a taxi to the airport which was meant to arrive in 10 mins - 50 mins later and no sign of taxi.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. When making reservations, one is booking for the bed and not the room. Our staff will try to accommodate in the same room but that is not a promise, also depending on our availability. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure our facility is cleaned. Heating control may also be requested at the front desk.

The reason behind my average scores for this hostel were the shower facilities. The ones I saw (and used) were just cubicles with shower curtains and very little space and very few hooks for clothes and towels. To make matters worse, there was no hot water when I tried to take a shower on the 4th floor on a wintry (6 deg Celsius) morning! The bunks were great, but the security of female guests need to be better enforced, the bathrooms' were accessible by all. Everything else is good.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our showers and toilets are located on each end of the hallway of each floor. They are also labeled male or female to secure the safety of male and female guests. The doors are always closed for bathrooms and showers. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our new spring-less mattresses.

This hostel is good if you just want to have a place to sleep. So if you don't expect much it's perfekt. Important for me: they have rooms for just two. Everything was clean. The only really annoying this is that I reciefe a lot of mails from hostel world about writing a review. So if you don't want to receive them you shouldn't book it here. Also we needed to pay more than this hostelworl said. I'm happy with jazz on the park - but not with hostelworld.

• 10th Dec 2014

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed the comfort of our hostel. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure cleanliness of our facilities.

I stayed at the Jazz for three days earlier this month and my experience was absolutely fantastic. It is what it says, a hostel and is perfect for a short trip. Facilities are spartan but adequate. Rooms are clean the linen is fresh and there is air conditioning or heat as required. The staff was polite and helpful. Perfect for a short stay in the big Apple if you are not looking for any luxuries.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • India

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you had an amazing stay with us and that our staff was welcoming and helpful.

Was sleeping on the fifth floor which was freezing and as a result we all left New York ill. Originally they didn't put me and two friends I had booked for in the same room which was annoying but after words with a staff member we got put into a room on the Baltic fifth floor together. Had to wear a hat, scarf, gloves and three pairs of socks to bed. I liked how they let us leave our luggage there after checking out so we didn't have carry them around for our last day. Free breakfast also great

• 6th Dec 2014

Thank you for your review we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Extra blankets and heat control may be requested at the front desk. When making a reservation you book for the bed and not the room, our staff will try to assign the same room if possible but it is not a promise. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities and services.

Perhaps the only big drawback was there being only 1 toilet per floor.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered. We have many toilet stalls on each end of the hallways of each floor.

Great staff. I definitely enjoyed talking to Freddie, Mary, and Yulisus (not sure if I'm spelling it correctly. Eric's brother, anyhow). However, everyone was very friendly.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and pleased to hear that our staff was welcoming and friendly.

Friendly staff. Decent location for the price (about 5-10min walk to the next subway station and really close to central park). Wifi in the common room and in the rooms on the ground level. My room and the bathrooms were clean.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hostel. Our staff assures a welcoming feeling to all guests and clean atmosphere in our facility.

The place was clean and warm. Only improvement is to have power outlets near beds and a bit of modernising. Only real negative was that it has no running taps - only push ones which stop after 5 seconds!

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience. Our facility is renovating every day for a more modern look. Our staff assures a welcoming and clean atmosphere for all guests. The taps help save water from running, when it is not being used.

A good place to stay for a few nights !

• 29th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review, and favorable mention to other travelers.

The bathroom was really dirty. Also the bedroom wasn't so clean. The staff wasn't really welcome.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Our cleaning staff comes in daily to assure all facilities are cleaned. Our staff is also available 24 hours to answer any questions and help with any concerns.

The staff were the best bit- they made me feel so welcome as a solo traveller! It has everything you need, I was a bit cold at night, but it would have been an easy fix if I had worn an extra layer.

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed the welcoming and help of our staff. Extra blankets or heat control may also be requested at our front desk.

Overall a nice hostel. A little bit far from the action, but a 5 minute walk from the subway. The staff weren't particularly friendly or helpful. If you are looking for a party kind of vibe, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Customer service is very important to us, our staff always strives to assure all guests are being helped and feels welcomed. We have new events every night at our hostel so guests will have an amazing time at our hostel.

The staff don't know what they do! I had a reservation for three days and when I arrived in the Hostel they said that the room was in the 5th floor and there's no elevator in the building. I asked for a room in the second floor. The employee said that she has to cancel my hostel world reservation and do another one. I said ok. What was my surprise when I came back in the evening? All my stuffs were in a trash bag in the luggage room!!! The new reservation was made only for one night!!!

• 25th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. Unfortunately we do no advertise an elevator on our website. Check out dates are printed on receipts that are handed to guests along with check out time also.

We booked a 6 bed mixed dorm. There was six of us travelling and staying in the hostel however we got separated into two rooms.

• 24th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any confusion of your booking. When travelers book in our hostel, they are booking by the bed and not for the room. Upon arrival we try to put guests that book together in the same room but that is not a promise depending on our availability and guests that have been staying with us on previous nights.

The hostel is great, about 10 minutes from Times Square on the subway. The staff are great and helpful

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that our staff was a great help and that you had a wonderful stay in our hostel.

Staff were not particularly helpful on entry. There is no party vibe. Wifi is only in the downstairs common room and not in rooms. Location wasn't great, but subway is nearby so you can still get around. Breakfast consists of a bagel, coffee and banana which is not bad as it is free. Overall, I would not stay here again if I head back to NYC.

Thank you for your review, we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We offer free wifi only in our common areas. It may get busy at the front desk at times but our staff is always willing to help our guests and assure they enjoy their stay at our hostel.