Jeju Hiking Inn Reviews

587-15, Seogwi-Dong, Seogwipo City, Seogwipo, Jeju Island, South Korea

Helpful staff, although English communication was a bit difficult.

We had a great stay here. Hiking Inn is basic but clean and has everything you need as well as being excellent value for money. The owners were helpful, kind, and caring beyond expectations. Definitely recommend a stay here!

• 7th Aug 2015

This place is amazing. I think that it is run but a mother and a son. They were both very welcoming, nice and accommodating. They have a beautiful balcony where on the right night will have a lot of action. I loved my stay here.

I had a wonderful stay, but there were issues with my booking. In fact three other people had the same issue. The proprietor blamed Hostel World for sending him incorrect details, claiming that our bookings showed we had reserved twin rooms instead of singles. We also had to pay 30000kwn, instead of the quoted 20000kwn. This is bad for future business.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • South Africa

Great place to stay with reasonable price

• 30th Jul 2015

The hostel was clean and equipped with everything we needed. The staff were always helpful and wonderful, even giving us free jeju oranges. The roof has great views and is a nice place tochill out.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Amazing staff. They were super friendly and extremely helpful.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

If I could give a more than excellent on each category I would. For the price that I paid, my girlfriend and I got a clean, private room with a queen sized bed for less than $30usd a night! We were located within walkng distance to all major bus lines in Seogwipo and next to two amazng waterfalls. Plus, the owner of the hostel very nice and helpful when we needed help finding the bus stops or the jjimjjilbang! We had a fantastic stay! Highly recommend this hostel!

• 28th Jul 2015

I do not appreciate how the receptionist handle issues regarding to my cancellation of stays, while my reservation made through hostelworld, he advised me to contact hostelworld with the one night cost that might incur to me. So did I called up the hostelworld with regards to one night charge, as what I've been told, they do not incur any charges other than the deposits on hold for reservation. Well, the process seems understandable but the management seems to be in a mess.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

It was in the process of construction. Therefore noises in all hours of the day. They downgraded my room. Since it was not ready but I paid the the same price. Don't go!

• 4th Jul 2015

Loved the couple. The island wasn't busy because of health scare, so I had a peaceful stay with very few neighbors. The name may have changed, though, I almost walked right by. Look for the sign that says, "Lonely planet recommended"

Overall very clean, nice, small rooms. Good place to stay, but much more a hotel than a traditional hostel. If you are looking for a good place to stay, then go explore this is your place. If you are looking for a place where people socialize at night, this is probably not your place.

Great location, walking distance from food, transport, waterfalls, convenience stores. Helpful receptionists. kitchen is small but adequate for basic boiling. Room adequate, clean. Cheapest place in Jeju therefore definitely worth the money. No obvious clothes washing facility (I didn't really check). Wifi is okay, somewhat slow even on the first floor. Not available on 5th floor where we were but an open iptime was present.

Absolute disgrace. Place is old, cold and filthy. Seaside view room is in fact view on construction site through a tiny window. Staff doesn't speak proper English.

Nice place Staff very helpful Surely will come back again

• 4th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Terrible wifi Staff mostly sleeping and little to no english, bit will help when you ask Beach view just means sleeping on a higher floor, it is not directly on the water, but is about 800 meters away from waterfall called cheonjiyeon falls

• 2nd May 2015

Staff were great. Kind and helpful. The hostel itself is dated but has character and the rooms over looking the harbor are small but comfortable. It does need some serious renovation as many parts of the building are a little run down but overall it's a pleasant place to stay.

Nice amd awesome

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Friendly staff, but the hostel is in serious need of renovation. Also, the pillows may have been the hardest thing I have ever slept on.

• 5th Apr 2015

Overall, it was okay. Just that the first night when I reach Hiking Inn, the weather was so cold and I felt asleep on the cold bed without the heater. It took me 2 days to figure out where the heater was located. Fortunately, the 2nd day, I manage to find the heater and had a good rest. The hotel lobby was too cold. The WIFI signal in the room is poor. So we had to go to the lobby to online. But the cold weather don't allow us to stay long. Anyway, we really had a great time too in Jeju.

• 25th Mar 2015