Jeju Hiking Inn Reviews

587-15, Seogwi-Dong, Seogwipo City, Seogwipo, Jeju Island, South Korea

Even though the price was good, I didn't like the athmosphere. It's like an old abandoned North Korean hotel, I never met anyone else but the staff. The staff also not very helpful and not that friendly. I stayed here just because of the price

Cheap place to stay, close to the 600 bus line! Old facilities but certainly not a rip off. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• 5th Nov 2014

They advertise renting bikes on the site, but they don't since all their bikes are rusted and broken outside. It's cheap and in a great location, but the place has clearly gone downhill since the last time I stayed there. It's so old and run down that it feels like a location for a Stephen King movie.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

The staff was very unfriendly... I really not recommend this hotel

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

The pro of this hostel is the view! You have an oceanview. But all the rest is sucks as hell!!! The receptionist was a bit rude toward us like he gets frustated for any type of questions. Also, hot water is limited so sometimes we had cold shower. Plus, there is a curfew time which is midnight, no good! So, if you intend it to party, dont stay at this hostel. A lot of mosquitoes and poor wifi reception in our room. Really bad experience :(

average is ok but the staff not very friendly and not very helpful as we were 1st time in jeju.make me & friends feel like he don't like us.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

The owners are really great and friendly people! Although the lady boss hardly speak English, she is really helpful and nice and I got to train my limited Korean with her during my stay, I certainly miss her! The infamous man much discussed in the other reviews, he was very nice and patient guiding me how to travel via public transport with a map of Jeju. The daughter-in-law speaks Mandarin. This place is located near a market. This place is like a warm home and certainly value-for-money.

Nice Owner.. always smile.. There is a rooftop kitchen and fantastic views over the harbour and Seogwipo.. near to Cheonjiyeon Waterfall... the room is really nice.. value for money

This place is old and needs some major refurbishment. It would also be helpful if all front staff spoke English.

It was a way too old hostel and i do not want to stay there again! But the price was very cheap!

• 1st Oct 2014
  • South Korea

The location is great as it is close to the falls and Olle trail 6 and 7. Plus the port was close, too. The view from the rooftop was nice. I guess it was just really old and the staff weren't there the whole time when I needed something.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

Decent budget option. Not always hot water to shower. Some street noise at night. No elevator for 5 floors. Curfew at midnight. Clean. Friendly staff, English spoken.

I was very happy with my stay at Hiking Inn. Very peaceful and quiet,,, just what I needed.

• 12th Sep 2014

Had a great stay, the place is a bit tired, but would definitely stay again.

• 11th Sep 2014

looks somehow worn down and has defenitly seen better days, however, the rooftop terrace is amazing with sweet views, the room rates are a bargain and the reception guy (who seems to live in(!) the recrption space, was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend the place to friends.

• 9th Sep 2014

Aging facilities, but otherwise still bearable. One of the 2 rooms we booked has a non-functioning light in the washroom. Both rooms had intermittent hot/cold water from the shower which is pretty annoying. But since it's location is pretty close to the places to get food and buses then it's still pretty ok. Directions from the bus stop opposite Sunbeach Hotel to the hostel could be better. It really takes a sharp eye to notice the fading sign of JEJU HIKING INN posted on a store nearby the inn.

You can't use both the provided computers in the internet room. One is no booting, the other one has no internet connection. But there is WiFi of course. Washing service is included and the clothes are definitely washed but they don't come back cleaner than they were before. Most of the time only warm water was running and a few times only hot water was, which makes it difficult to use it when showering without getting "burned". Apart from that the hostel was good.

• 17th Aug 2014

The woman at the reception doesn`t speak english.

Let me just say that you get what you pay for. The room was small and filled with mold, dirt, and mosquitos. The bathroom did not have a vent so all the warm wet air just lingered. The toilet barely flushed and sometimes you had to wait a few minutes to try again to make sure it all went down. There is a sweet old lady who works there but the gentlemen was rude and would always mumble his grievances if you were unfortunate enough to need to ask him for anything.

The location was quite good and easy enough to find. Buses were close by and convinient . I think they have had a fire at some time as our floor (top) smelt quite smokey. Also the hot water was not very reliable which was frustrating after a full day hiking. Overall our stay was good and the rates were very reasonable.