Jeju Hiking Inn Reviews

587-15, Seogwi-Dong, Seogwipo City, Seogwipo, Jeju Island, South Korea

Friendly staff, but the hostel is in serious need of renovation. Also, the pillows may have been the hardest thing I have ever slept on.

• 5th Apr 2015

Overall, it was okay. Just that the first night when I reach Hiking Inn, the weather was so cold and I felt asleep on the cold bed without the heater. It took me 2 days to figure out where the heater was located. Fortunately, the 2nd day, I manage to find the heater and had a good rest. The hotel lobby was too cold. The WIFI signal in the room is poor. So we had to go to the lobby to online. But the cold weather don't allow us to stay long. Anyway, we really had a great time too in Jeju.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

My second time here. Nice views in room 505, but the hot water - not only in my room - was lukewarm at best. Still, the rooms have TV, AC, heated floors, electric blankets, bar fridges. Good value for money and not uncomfortable, just don't expect luxury.

Cons: Room and hotel were freezing!!! I wish it had been warmer inside. There was also no hot water for my shower at 7:30 pm. Pros: HEATED BLANKET was a life-saver. Close to Cheonjiyeon Falls and Oedolgae. Staff provided good recommendations for restaurants and directions to attractions.

cheapest option in town. electric blankets were nice. private rooms available. did not have hot water first day. not a great place but decent for backpackers on a budget.

Brilliant place, close to buses and main food streets. Go to Hun's deli for food just at the left side entrance of the food market. Brilliant!

it was winter, but the heating was insufficient. room heating was poor, floor heating was poor, bathroom water heating was also poor

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Even though the price was good, I didn't like the athmosphere. It's like an old abandoned North Korean hotel, I never met anyone else but the staff. The staff also not very helpful and not that friendly. I stayed here just because of the price

Cheap place to stay, close to the 600 bus line! Old facilities but certainly not a rip off. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• 5th Nov 2014

They advertise renting bikes on the site, but they don't since all their bikes are rusted and broken outside. It's cheap and in a great location, but the place has clearly gone downhill since the last time I stayed there. It's so old and run down that it feels like a location for a Stephen King movie.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

The staff was very unfriendly... I really not recommend this hotel

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

The pro of this hostel is the view! You have an oceanview. But all the rest is sucks as hell!!! The receptionist was a bit rude toward us like he gets frustated for any type of questions. Also, hot water is limited so sometimes we had cold shower. Plus, there is a curfew time which is midnight, no good! So, if you intend it to party, dont stay at this hostel. A lot of mosquitoes and poor wifi reception in our room. Really bad experience :(

average is ok but the staff not very friendly and not very helpful as we were 1st time in jeju.make me & friends feel like he don't like us.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

The owners are really great and friendly people! Although the lady boss hardly speak English, she is really helpful and nice and I got to train my limited Korean with her during my stay, I certainly miss her! The infamous man much discussed in the other reviews, he was very nice and patient guiding me how to travel via public transport with a map of Jeju. The daughter-in-law speaks Mandarin. This place is located near a market. This place is like a warm home and certainly value-for-money.