Jembjo’s Knysna Lodge & Backpackers Reviews

4 Queen Street, Lower Central, Knysna, South Africa

Jembjo's is a good hostel. We had a really big bed in our private room. Breakfast is included (eggs, bread, jam, coffee, tea, fruit) which is nice and you can watch TV in the common room. The location is perfect, restaurants and supermarkt not too far away. We rented bikes to go to Knysa head's where you have a great view over the lagune and the ocean. Compared to other hostels, Jembjo's was a bit too quiet for us. Not a lot of backpackers here.

Thanks for a great stay! We reaaly had a lovely time! Staff was friendly and efficient and the free breafast was awsome.

Nice kitchen and good breakfast. Really friendly couple running the hostel! Easy access to the city and waterfront. If allergic to dogs might be better staying elsewhere as owner's dog sometimes around.

Extremely clean and nice location, owners really helpful. Bread and eggs to make your own breakfast included!! Steps from main road and from waterfront. After 1 week on the garden route out last day was knysna so our expectations where just fair. Once there, I can tell you... best bang for your buck.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Ecuador

I had a wonderful stay at Jembjo's. The location was central to the activities my friend and I had planned, the private room was clean, bright, and comfortable. A simple breakfast was provided each morning. We shared a bathroom with the other guests, but there were never any timing issues. The hosts were wonderful, easy to chat with, and more than willing to help arrange day trips and offer suggestions on local places to visit. We felt welcome, safe, and relaxed for the duration of our stay.

Amazing hostel and super friendly and helpful staff. One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in, I've stayed in about 100!

• 8th Aug 2015

We stayed two nights in the family room- it was great, warm, clean, cosy and meet all our requirements. Our Hosts were friendly, helpful and welcoming If we're ever visiting this part of the world - we'll be back again :)

View all Knysna Bed and Breakfasts