Jembjo’s Knysna Lodge & Backpackers Reviews

4 Queen Street, Lower Central, Knysna, South Africa

Absolutely amazing place. Just as advertised ' a home from home'. Beautiful house, great location, fab breakfast but most importantly amazing owners. You feel like you have been welcomed into Mandy and Carls home. They are full of information and go out of their way to ensure you have all the info and help you need to enjoy your stay and visit to the area. We felt so happy here, we changed our plans to return 'home' to which we received a reduced rate on our room! I would highly recommend.

Great hostel with really helpful and welcoming staff

Karl and Mandy were awesome hosts. I was on a motorbike trip through the Western Cape and stopped by here for two nights. I was given in-depth information about Knysna and was recommended some incredible riding routes around, near and far. I'm glad I went with their recommendations! The hostel itself was great, and although fairly basic, nice and clean. The location is stellar, with pretty much everything you need - including the waterfront - well within walking distance.

Jembjo's is a good hostel. We had a really big bed in our private room. Breakfast is included (eggs, bread, jam, coffee, tea, fruit) which is nice and you can watch TV in the common room. The location is perfect, restaurants and supermarkt not too far away. We rented bikes to go to Knysa head's where you have a great view over the lagune and the ocean. Compared to other hostels, Jembjo's was a bit too quiet for us. Not a lot of backpackers here.

Thanks for a great stay! We reaaly had a lovely time! Staff was friendly and efficient and the free breafast was awsome.

Good hostel, the dorm is really big, but it is ok, good deal and staff really nice

Nice kitchen and good breakfast. Really friendly couple running the hostel! Easy access to the city and waterfront. If allergic to dogs might be better staying elsewhere as owner's dog sometimes around.

Extremely clean and nice location, owners really helpful. Bread and eggs to make your own breakfast included!! Steps from main road and from waterfront. After 1 week on the garden route out last day was knysna so our expectations where just fair. Once there, I can tell you... best bang for your buck.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Ecuador

I had a wonderful stay at Jembjo's. The location was central to the activities my friend and I had planned, the private room was clean, bright, and comfortable. A simple breakfast was provided each morning. We shared a bathroom with the other guests, but there were never any timing issues. The hosts were wonderful, easy to chat with, and more than willing to help arrange day trips and offer suggestions on local places to visit. We felt welcome, safe, and relaxed for the duration of our stay.

Amazing hostel and super friendly and helpful staff. One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in, I've stayed in about 100!

View all Knysna Bed and Breakfasts