Jetpak Alternative Reviews

Goerlitzerstrasse 38, Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Is a cool hostel very near from the heart of Kreuzberg, the hostel is small but very comfortable and clean. I think is the hostel with the best rooms where I slept . The street have a lot of bar and restaurants and is 10min on foot from Warschauer Strasse station so you can move around Berlin very easy.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Spain

After plenty of backpacking around Europe, I can say with experience that this is one of the best hostels I've stayed at for solo travelers. It's a great way to meet people, the staff is so friendly and helpful, the location is great (a little far from the metro with luggage but not too bad and is worth it) and the free breakfast is icing on the cake. Thanks for a great stay, Jetpak, if I turn up in Berlin again I will surly be back!

It's relatively far from the sightseeing highlights but the area has loads of great bars and restaurants and something a bit different if this isn't your first time in Berlin. You will get offered drugs every 30 seconds walking down the street / the adjacent park but I never felt at all threatened. Staff are awesome and cheap beers means everyone gathers and heads out together so great for solo travellers.

I liked this hostel so much that while staying there I booked to come back 3 months later. There is such a lovely comfortable atmosphere, friendly staff, and a good environment for making friends with other people staying there. It's very cheap and I loved having breakfast and Wi-fi included in the price. It was very clean as well.

• 6th Aug 2014

I had a great experience in this hostel! Highly recommended for solo travelers.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Great hostel with friendly staff that are very helpful. Would recommend staying here as it is very close to all the big clubs.

• 1st Aug 2014

The hostel is in a sketchy part of Berlin. I thought at first there might a safety issue but it was totally fine. Facilities are excellent, staff is helpful, would definitely stay here again.

Awesome hostel in the heart of quirky Kreuzberg. The dorm room felt like a hotel - super comfy bed and the bathroom was ultra luxe. The staff are cool and friendly, 1 euro beers, fun atmosphere and 5 mins walk from the U-Bahn and doner kebabs. There's a cheap bike rental place just round the corner too - would recommend for an authentic berlin experience :)

This hostel boasts about connecting small groups and single travelers but I didn't see the hostel do any of that. The people were all very friendly and it was easy to find people to go eat with or just hang out, but the hostel itself did little to nothing to actually connect the backpackers. Other than that it was great. Clean, quiet, and no problems. It sells drinks in the kitchen which was nice instead of having to walk somewhere. The location was a bit far but close to public transportation.

Great hostel! The common room is super chill and a great place to meet people. They even have their own BEER PONG SET.

There was some initial confusion when I was waiting to be checked in, it turns out he wanted me to come back and tell him I was ready to be checked in. Waited for 2 hours. The cleaner woke me up at 10am saying I had to check out, after telling her I was there for another two days she left after opening both the window and the door (couldn't get back to sleep). She didn't even apologise (I understand mistakes happen...) The shower rooms flood extremely quickly and can get pretty gross.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Sadly there must have been some confusion with your check in. We do sometimes get guest that come early to leave bags and we do inform them they can check in at any time between 15.00 and midnight if they wish to go explore Berlin straight away. However, if you where hanging around the hostel waiting then I can only apologies that we did not check you in promptly. With regards to the other issues we have addressed them. Thank you for your feedback

Really good place for hanging out with other tourists but one building has a lot of bugs in bathrooms and it was really annoying. But i met really great people.

Great hostel overall! Outside factors like the park full of drug dealers (not dangerous but annoying) and the weird neighbours in the same building doesn't make this THE hostel in Kreuzberg. I'll come back, cheers!

• 27th Jul 2014

Best hostel we've stayed in so far! The atmosphere is super fun and the staff is amazing! Grant and Julian were both great guys, always having coffee waiting and fresh muffins in the oven. I'll definately be back :)

• 26th Jul 2014

Super friendly and helpful staff, thanks for the tea. Great atmosphere, good place to meet people.

Best hostel ive ever stayed at, great atmosphere and people! The staff are brilliant grant and james are really helpful

This is the second time I've stayed at Jetpak Alternative, and two and a half years later, it's still just as great as I remember. Clean, comfortable, good location, great staff, good vibe - there is absolutely nothing here I can find fault with.

This is the best hostel out there!

Very well located hostel, near the coolest clubs, bars and good restaurants. Good atmosphere, always people around to hang out or go clubbing together.

Great staff.