Jetpak Alternative Reviews

Goerlitzerstrasse 38, Berlin, Berlin, Germany

You get what you pay for - it's cheap but the rooms are spacious. The common area is small and awkward and too crowded after dinner. The staff were friendly but not very helpful. We experienced no security with our bags as the lockers only worked with bulky locks. They do have some at reception you can borrow but VERY limited. (They offered me one, when I returned 10 minutes later they had none left). MUST DO SANDEMANS ALTERNATIVE TOUR ASAP you will fall in love with the uniqueness of this area

Good restaurants and not so far from the metro. But you take a long journey until get to Alexanderplatz, where you can find museums and can go to the west berlin

I was nervous travelling on my own and also staying in a hostel but honestly, I couldn't have had a better experience! JetPak is perfect for solo female travelling, they are welcoming, friendly and very helpful. The common area is spacious with free wifi. They have free breakfast/tea/coffee every day and the fridge is full of beer and soft drinks for which there is a trust bucket! The staff trust you to pay your 1 eur for the beer or whatever you need, which I think it's awesome!. The rooms are

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Romania

Svetlana was so lovely, that bright smile made for a perfect start to each day. Delicious lattes. Located in a great neighbourhood, with plenty of good restaurants, bars and cluuurbs. Our fave hostel yet

Great hostel, great location and great staff. Grant, James, jules, Roberto, Fred, calum and Kelly are a great bunch, know their way around Berlin. Whether it's time to party or go to church, they can help you out xoxo papa

• 13th Jun 2014

The staff here was amazing, essentially just like anothre traveler. The hostel is smal compared to otehrs but it makes it easy for meeting other fellow travelers. Free breakfast and coffee/lattees/cappiccinos certainly makes the mornings easier. The location is around more of a grungier side of Berlin but easy access to the train stations and plenty of restaurants and bars near by. Overall, a great experience. Should I ever find myself in Berlin again i will definitely be staying here aaaga

• 13th Jun 2014

This hostel is located where I, as a single female, felt uncomfortable walking home alone late at night. Staff seemed to all hang out in a clique with friends at night making it difficult to meet people.

Hay, Thank you for talking the time to review us. We ere sorry you didnt feel comfortable in the area. Kreuzberg is very safe. However, we appreciate the way the street are light at night might make some people feel this. I would also like to take this opportunity to personally apologies that we did not make you feel at home and enable you to meet fellow travelers.

Kreuzberg is the best neighborhood to stay in if you want to really get to know Berlin's young creative scene. The hostel is laid back and the staff are super knowledgeable about the surrounding area and gave us really great recommendations for specific inquiries like vegetarian restaurants and piercing parlours.

I had a great time at Jetpack Alternative. The staff was kind and always helpful, and the facilities were wonderful. The bathrooms were new and always clean. I'd highly recommend Jetpack Alternative to anyone looking for a fun place to stay in Berlin. A lot of people mention not feeling safe by Görlitzer Park, but I had and saw no issues. I rode through at all times of the day, as late as 2am, and never got hassled more than someone saying "Bob Marley Bob Marley Bob Marley."

Great hostel, good atmosphere and nice to meet people. Close to an U-bahn station, 5-7 minutes walk. I just did not like the neighbourhood, but that is my personal opinion.

I will definitely be back to this hostel again. It was easy to get in to the main sights in Berlin with the trains etc. Staff were great. Very youth orientated place, plenty of cool graffiti.

loved the hostel.. great breakfast, great location with many restaurants in the vicinity, perfect for solo travellers, great vibe... spacious and super clean rooms, helpful staff especially the spanish lady and the german guy... just loved everything about the hostel

Best hostel in Berlin hands down! Such a cool atmosphere, cool staff, amazing breakfast in the mornings, rooms/bathrooms cleaned every day. A great place to meet people as well if you're traveling alone. I highly recommend this place!!

Nice spot in an interesting part of town. Small hostel with a good crowd and vibe, good choice for solo backpackers!

Excellent Hostel. Small hostel with amazing atmosphere and friendly people booking and staffing there.

(I know you see this a lot, but) this is truly the BEST hostel I have stayed at. Jetpack Alternative was perfect. I really can't think of anything I could whine about. This place is especially great for solo travelers who want to meet other people.Well done guys.

Best location, great layout, they have an iMac which saved my ass because i was finally able to free up some space on my SD card. Helpful, friendly people working there. You'll love it here. Done.

FANTASTIC. Small hostel but with the best staff I've ever interacted with. REALLY cool neighborhood and very safe. Close to the train station that will take you anywhere. Close to a LOT of good food and cool night spots. Wonderful breakfast spread and always cool guests. TV and video games for a night in. REALLY friendly environment. BY FAR my favorite hostel I've ever stayed in :)

Hallo, Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write such a great review. We are super happy you had such an amazing time both here at the hostel and Berlin and that you love it as much as we do. Don't be a stranger, come back and see us as soon as you can!

Nice hostel! Its next to a park that is a bit spooky at night. Its probably not dangerous, but you should tell people about it at check in. Staff was very nice and very relaxed about my more than late check out - thanks a lot for that :)

Amazing hostel in the perfect location for food and bars. Free breakfast is a godsend and €1 beers in the common room until midnight is the perfect way to meet people to party with. Will definitely stay again, cheers guys!