Jetpak Alternative Reviews

Goerlitzerstrasse 38, Berlin, Berlin, Germany

We enjoyed our stay very much! Only thing I would say is that maybe the hostel shouldn't accept groups of 4+ people, groups tend to be very much on themselves and, in the case with our room mates, very rude to others. In my opinion, solo and duo travellers are the best guests to have. Other than that we loved our stay here! , ,

Ideal for solo travellers. Really good atmosphere

Essentially kitchenless (not even a microwave), but they offer 1 euro beers so I guess that almost made up for it. Cool area if you're up for the alternative Berlin experience - literally 5-10 minutes away from CDV and Chalet techno clubs - as well as a host of Kreuzberg's best bars and restaurants. I found the 'common area' far too small - always hard to find a seat to just have some food anytime after 9pm.

Great hostel 2 meet people, they tend 2 kick u out around mid night.. Always cheap beer In the fridge

Really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were friendly and welcoming upon my stay and had even emailed me directions personally before I arrived as there were disruptions to the S-Bahn. Really nice environment, a small-ish hostel so everybody gathers in the cafe part and just chats over a few beers, which are a euro each! Fantastic for solo travellers, managed to meet a lot of great people to go out with. It's a little bit out of the way in Freidreichshain but it's a really cool neighbourhood.

Absolute gem of a hostel! The beds are extremely comfortable and and bathrooms extremely clean! The vibe is great! Definitely something I will be recommending to all my friends.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Russia

It's located in Kreuzberg, which can be cool, but at the same time it is right across the street from Gorlitzer Park which is full of drug dealers. Most of the dealers will stop bothering you if you politely refuse, but one night I was followed for half a block by one. Very annoying. Hostel itself is secure though despite the area and has one of the best deals on beer you can get in Berlin.

Not the usual hostel. Really "cool" atmosphere. The luggage room is actually a corner of the common room so if you have valuables it can be a bit stressful as it is open to everyone. Also sometimes you have to wait 10 min that the staff comes back at the desk. The direct neighborhood was a bit weird as Görlitzerpark is full of drug dealers asking you "Alles gut?" but they were not aggressive though. Overall I had a nice stay there, the Schlesisches Tor area is great, full of cheap restaurants!

Friendly personell, nice location near to clubbing spots and subway. They make very good coffee in the morning but I found the breakfast rather basic. No fruits, no yoghurt, no cheese, no salami. Bread was the factory kind, hard to swallow.

• 16th Aug 2014

Most comfortable bed I have ever stayed in in a hostel. Which is handy because the club is walking distance to the main clubs and bars so it makes hangovers that much less unpleasant. The environment were everyone gathers round the kitchen table in the evenings is really nice as well, and you can all decide where to go out to rather than being forced to go to some standard bars.

As usual, a great hostel, with a very nice team ! One of the best in Berlin !

• 14th Aug 2014

Great hostel for young people. Great location and great staff.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Croatia

Easily one of the two best hostels I stayed for my trip this summer. A smaller place set up for meeting others - great for a solo traveler. The staff is super helpful and friendly, and can often be seen hanging out at the hostel with their own friends which is a pretty great sign. The description/warning of the hostel being in a sketchy area is a bit overblown. Just note that you're not in the downtown/Mitte neighborhood. And honestly its a huge plus because Kreuzberg is way more interesting!

Is a cool hostel very near from the heart of Kreuzberg, the hostel is small but very comfortable and clean. I think is the hostel with the best rooms where I slept . The street have a lot of bar and restaurants and is 10min on foot from Warschauer Strasse station so you can move around Berlin very easy.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Spain

After plenty of backpacking around Europe, I can say with experience that this is one of the best hostels I've stayed at for solo travelers. It's a great way to meet people, the staff is so friendly and helpful, the location is great (a little far from the metro with luggage but not too bad and is worth it) and the free breakfast is icing on the cake. Thanks for a great stay, Jetpak, if I turn up in Berlin again I will surly be back!

It's relatively far from the sightseeing highlights but the area has loads of great bars and restaurants and something a bit different if this isn't your first time in Berlin. You will get offered drugs every 30 seconds walking down the street / the adjacent park but I never felt at all threatened. Staff are awesome and cheap beers means everyone gathers and heads out together so great for solo travellers.

I liked this hostel so much that while staying there I booked to come back 3 months later. There is such a lovely comfortable atmosphere, friendly staff, and a good environment for making friends with other people staying there. It's very cheap and I loved having breakfast and Wi-fi included in the price. It was very clean as well.

• 6th Aug 2014

I had a great experience in this hostel! Highly recommended for solo travelers.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Great hostel with friendly staff that are very helpful. Would recommend staying here as it is very close to all the big clubs.

• 1st Aug 2014

The hostel is in a sketchy part of Berlin. I thought at first there might a safety issue but it was totally fine. Facilities are excellent, staff is helpful, would definitely stay here again.