Jetpak Alternative Reviews

Goerlitzerstrasse 38, Berlin, Berlin, Germany

first time in Berlin and staying in kreuzberg with jetpack was a great idea. friendly and laidback, great place to meet travellers and really get to know the non tourist parts of berlin. kreuzberg is a cool place. would definitely be back again.

Absolutely great place to stay even though it's rather further from museums, etc. than I would have liked, but it was definitely worth the little trek. Room was fine, it got a bit hot but the windows do open which helped. Loved having access to more than one bathroom! Wonderful atmosphere, there was always a group around willing to grab dinner or go out, and the staff was great! The free coffee in the morning was much appreciated and the wifi worked everywhere.

-Such a punk hostel -Great brekky with Vegemite! -Comfy beds -Strong wifi -Great atmosphere -Close to the East Side Gallery and major clubs and cute little cafes in the area. -Shady area but not unsafe -Shower pressure great, could just use a little more heat! -Lacking a kitchen but it does have some utensils (fridge, knives, forks, plates, bowls) to make a basic meal that wouldn't need a stove/microwave. Absolutely loved it here! It's also super cheap for a weekend considering the quality!

This was one of my best hostel experiences. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable; I appreciated them sending directions and arrival instructions and also their suggestions for interesting sightseeing and nightlife experiences. The atmosphere was convivial and easy to make friends in. I decided to stay another night, as I was just having too good of a time in Berlin to leave on time.

Hostel has very friendly knowledgeable staff who create nice communal atmosphere, give good info on things going on in the area. Solo traveller - plenty of lovely kind fun people to hang out with in the evenings. Location excellent for good quality cheap food, fun bars, techno clubs. Perfect way to get a feel for the city. Rooms - quiet, clean, best showers, decent bathrooms. I would definitely stay here again.

• 15th Oct 2015

The best hostel I've been too around Europe!! The atmosphere is amazing and so easy to meet people as majority are solo. The beds were so comfy and the bathrooms clean (as well as heated floors). James and all the stuff were really helpful as well. Would definitely come again.

I booked four nights but left after the first. It's understaffed, not very clean & cramped. To get to the rooms you have to walk outside across two courtyards and in some cases climb up steep stairs (drawback if it's raining). Door access is cumbersome and sometimes doesn't work. The shared room was a mess. It looked like people camp out for weeks and my bed had no working light. Do yourself a favor and skip the free breakfast too. A hostel this basic should be a lot cheaper than the competition

Best hostel I've stayed in so far. Small spot and Geared towards solo travelers... I would stay here again when I come back to Berlin! P.S. Techno for life!!! :)

Really nice hostel in an awesome area. Cool staff, clean, great bathroom and super atmosphere! Highly recommended!

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Norway

Nice place, very accommodating to both very late checkin and very late checkout. Cleanest hostel i've seen in my years backpacking. Decent breakfast (could benefit from a single glass of orange juice - but hey, they make you a latte!). Beds are okay, my mattress was a bit thin - and I could definitely feel that many people had slept there before me as there was a hollow spot in the middle... But the beds were made upon arrival in clean, crisp white bedding - great!

Staff are very friendly, helpful and charasmatic which made my stay there very relaxed and enjoyable. Location was great, since it was within walking distance to local eateries/restaurants (food was amazing and better yet cheap), to the train station. Will definitely be my first choice, possibly only choice to stay when I go back to Berlin. Special thanks to Lynne and James for their amazing hospitality.

This is the second time I've stayed at Jetpak Alternative - the previous time was last year and like I said then, this is and remains the best hostel I've ever stayed at (and I've travelled through Europe for nearly a year). It's the most social hostel I've ever experienced, I made some amazing friends, had so much fun, I adore all the staff members and the location is perfect. The only issue was that the cleaner threw out my water bottle! So weird!

Awesome hostel for the solo traveller, very easy to meet people in the common area. Had a great vibe, more like living in a house than a hostel. Location was great for immersing yourself in the Berlin culture, and not too far from bars and clubs. Will definitely stay there again when back in Berlin.

Great atmosphere, not a very convenient location by any means. Clean, friendly and fun environment. Fantastic for meeting people, but you'll be taking the train a lot if you stay here.

I'll start by saying that the bed in the dorm I was in was amazingly comfortable by hostel standards. Free coffee in the morning was also a nice gesture, staff were kind and helpful. Just for what it's worth the hostel itself isn´t exactly as ´alternative' as what it makes out to be, not that I found that a problem but just something to expect if you book your stay here.

Felt welcome as soon as I walked into the place and was greeted by Lynn at reception :) As a smaller hostel, you feel a lot closer/more like a family, with all the other folk staying there so there's a really warm vibe. As its Berlin there is ALWAYS something to do every night so ask the staff and they will always help you out! Plus the €1 beers were wünderbag!

Great hostel! Easy to meet people. Friendly and helpful staff.

Highly Recommended. Of all the hostels I have stayed in this is the new gold standard. The staff were super friendly, offering help, tips, they were friendly, attentive, and nice. The hostel vibe was the best - solo travellers felt at home and everyone is always keen to chat! They offer free breakfast and your first morning coffee for free, It'd be nice if they offered an apple or orange juice instead but that's ok. Clean bedrooms, comfy beds with sheets/pillow. Great hostel all round!

You should add some power sockets to the rooms.

Everything was pretty damn good here. The cheap beer, the on site laundry, directions to everything, helpful staff, communal atmosphere. There's an xbox and tv too. Beds were good. Bathrooms were pretty clean. Nothing to complain about and I met some awesome people there. Would definitely stay again if I'm back in Berlin. Thanks!