Jetpak Alternative Reviews

Goerlitzerstrasse 38, Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Great atmosphere and easy to meet people. Staff all lovely, treat you like a friend. Drinks fridge with trust system was a great idea. Great music taste by the staff.. breakfast to City and Colour was a win! Rooms kept pretty clean except for under the beds. Build up of dust meant peoples bags and belongings that got pushed under the bed came out covered in dust. Lockers in rooms didn't actually lock with a padlock.?

• 8th Sep 2014

Thanks to all the team at Jetpak Alternative for a great stay. The hostel was just the right size for everyone to be social. The 1 euro beers were much appreciated, as was the sunny tables out front. Free coffees are a massive bonus!

Ive been lucky enough to stay there three times and every time I have had the best experience and made some amazing friends. The staff are some of the nicest people and are there to help you as much as they can and they are always keen just to hang out. The beds are so comfortable and the bathrooms are always clean and the showers are huge. One of the best things is that they dont allow big groups of people so everyone makes friends with everyone. Best hostel in europe hands down

I stayed many hostels around the world and Jetpak Alternative is just an ordinary hostel. You need nearly 10 minutes walk to reach the metro. 4 bed room was for 5 people (staff told us that they are keeping it for additional needs). All the other facilities were at standart level. Only exception may be the free coffee offered in the morning. Overall you shouldn't expect very much from here.

Located in an inexpensive neighborhood with affordable and delicious food. A bit of walk to metro station, like 15 - 20 mins. Staff are nice and helpful.

Hey thank you for taking the time to review us! We must have forgotten to direct you towards the close by U-Bahn station Schlesisches Tor, which is just a 7 minute walk from the hostel.

Great hostel! Would recommend to others, and stay there again.

• 4th Sep 2014

Did not enjoy Berlin fully the first time I went there (mostly due to the first hostel - around Hbf area). I decided to give it another chance and came back to Berlin about a month later and stayed at Jetpak. Can I just say that it changed my perception of the city. LOVED IT! Stay at JetPak, stay at this specific one in xberg. This is where its happening. Staff, people, location and all is amazing. Thank you!

Perfect location for parties or bars, restaurants everything. Not big common area but I it make it special because everybody is there so it is very easy to meet people. Good seats outside for chillin, nice beds, good shower pressure. Defenetly coming back. Metro near for going to centre. Quick and easy and also it is walking distance from east side gallery.

I stayed for a week but never wanted to leave! Absolutely love this hostel, will be back again . It's clean, welcoming, staff are super amazing and has a fun party vibe or if you need some timeout (to recover from a hangover) you can relax too. You also get a decent coffee for breakfast and freshly baked muffins 'made with love' as Julian loves to say. Berlin is a great city and Kreutzberg is a great arts/ cultural precinct. . Book now!

Stayed a week there, would gladly come back. Very warm atmosphere, clean facilities, super helpful staff. As the location suggests, it is an area with a lot of nice cafés and bars, and a perfect spot to enjoy berlin's nightlife. Go there if you want to meet fun new people and have a great time going out and discovering berlin almost as a local. Just be aware that even if the place is calm, with the social area well separated from the rooms, most guests will be staying out late. Enjoy!

Great experience, strongly recommand.

Awesome place to stay, the neighbourhood is great, cool restaurants close by, bars, and a vibrant art scene around kreuzberg. The atmosphere at the hostel is also very good, i recommend this place to anyone who is travelling solo, guests have drinks in the common room, and at midnight hit some bars/clubs. Good facilities, 3 computers, printer, good and clean showers and toilets, tv with xbox for anyone who is into that kinda stuff. 4 blocks away from the subway station, breakfast is included.

Great environment in common areas- really easy to meet others. Awesome custom coffee in the mornings. Great beer policy- 1€, grab it from the fridge, honor system. Clean bathrooms and dorm rooms. Staff are super cool and one of the gang.

We enjoyed our stay very much! Only thing I would say is that maybe the hostel shouldn't accept groups of 4+ people, groups tend to be very much on themselves and, in the case with our room mates, very rude to others. In my opinion, solo and duo travellers are the best guests to have. Other than that we loved our stay here! , ,

Ideal for solo travellers. Really good atmosphere

Essentially kitchenless (not even a microwave), but they offer 1 euro beers so I guess that almost made up for it. Cool area if you're up for the alternative Berlin experience - literally 5-10 minutes away from CDV and Chalet techno clubs - as well as a host of Kreuzberg's best bars and restaurants. I found the 'common area' far too small - always hard to find a seat to just have some food anytime after 9pm.

Great hostel 2 meet people, they tend 2 kick u out around mid night.. Always cheap beer In the fridge

Really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were friendly and welcoming upon my stay and had even emailed me directions personally before I arrived as there were disruptions to the S-Bahn. Really nice environment, a small-ish hostel so everybody gathers in the cafe part and just chats over a few beers, which are a euro each! Fantastic for solo travellers, managed to meet a lot of great people to go out with. It's a little bit out of the way in Freidreichshain but it's a really cool neighbourhood.

Absolute gem of a hostel! The beds are extremely comfortable and and bathrooms extremely clean! The vibe is great! Definitely something I will be recommending to all my friends.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Russia

I really liked this hotel. Though the description for this hostel is spot on, the location is very alternative and not the nicest part of berlin. The breakfast was awesome with the best REAL coffee I've had for a awhile. Great food around.