Jetpak Alternative Reviews

Goerlitzerstrasse 38, Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Best hostel I have ever been to, I will definitely go back. Amazing for single travellers or those in very small groups. The common room is pretty much the entrance, so there is no problem meeting new people. Although it's in what looks like a dodgy part of Berlin, it's actually very safe and it doesn't take long to get to the train.

Thank you Julian, Grant, Kat, and everyone at Jetpak Alternative. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with you all in Berlin and wouldn't hesitate to recommend and stay at your hostel in future.

• 8th Jul 2014

Incredible staff, cheap beer, clean bathrooms, very comfortable beds. Overall a great experience, we will definitely be back.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Best facilities on my stay in Europe. Big rooms and solid size ensuite restrooms in the building I was in. Beer and water for 1€ and xbox/computer was a nice addition as well. Recommended for the Kruezberg area.

Wonderful hostel. I was traveling alone but immediately met people and felt very comfortable. It was a fun crew with people coming from all over the world. The best part of this hostel was the location...it's right by the park in Kreuzberg which is a very cool neighborhood. Tons of good food and clubs nearby.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Jetpak was awesome! The beds were the most comfortable that I have ever slept on at any hostel (they were foam mattresses)! The staff was amazing and helpful, and I loved that they made you free coffee in the mornings. The hostel isn't too close to most touristy sites downtown, but the neighborhood definitely makes up for it, as it's a popular hipster spot that people on the Alternative Berlin tours will take tour groups to. There's tons of cheap food and good bars in the area. Stay here!

I loved this place. It's walking distance to a couple stations and close to plenty of bars and restaurants. The staff were all really friendly and it's not a massive place so it was easy to meet other travellers. My only complaint was that the locker was big enough for my rucksack to fit. I would definitely stay here again:)

This is a great hostel, really cool staff thats knowledgable about the city. The little touches make it better than average...it has nice cafe tables outside facing the park, as well as a fridge always full of beer, water, and soft drinks for a euro, the linens are nice and they make the beds for you unlike many hostels, etc. I've stayed a few times and its always really clean and pleasant and brings in cool people.

Very good hostel in Berlin. Although it is a bit far from the centre and all the historical sights, it is located in the best night life area of Berlin. Staff very friendly and they have the best shower I've ever seen in a hostel. Always cold and cheap beer in the fridge, I highly recommend Jetpak Alternative.

The Staff was really obliging and available. Adjacent to U-bahn and restaurant quarter.

Had a great time and met some really cool people. Area is really good too. No partying in the hostel itself, but a there was always people keen to head out.

Second and defenetly not last stay at Jetpak's. You couldn't ask for better facilities. Everything is clean, comfortable and cool. Beware! For some leaving will be painful. You meet like minded people almost instantly and are set to enjoy all the best of the area minutes after. It's located in Kreuzberg, which is my favorite place in Berlin for its very open, multicultural, vibrant, yet underground scene. Walking distance from Berlin's best nightclubs but not for everyone. Read the description.

Hay, Thanks for such a great view. We are super happy you had such a great time both here at the hostel and in Berlin and loved it as much as we do!! We loved having you stay and hope to see you again soon.

Very noisy hostel.

• 24th Jun 2014

Thank you for taking the time to drop us a review. Due to our location being very close to many cool bars and clubs and with us also being a small sociable hostel we appreciate that some people might find it noisy. We hope however you still managed to get a good night sleep despite this.

Staff was really friendly, the rooms clean and an excellent location in a cool neighbourhood! Perfect!

Great Hostel, the location was perfect if you want to experience the real Berlin. Staff were really helpful and made me feel at home, cheap beers in the fridge too. It's also good for meeting other solo travellers too. Would definitely stay again

An amazing hostel, in an amazing location. Like it says on the description that it is located in the artsy part of Berlin with graffiti streets and all!! The staff were amazing, definitely coming back to this hostel again next time am in Berlin!

You get what you pay for - it's cheap but the rooms are spacious. The common area is small and awkward and too crowded after dinner. The staff were friendly but not very helpful. We experienced no security with our bags as the lockers only worked with bulky locks. They do have some at reception you can borrow but VERY limited. (They offered me one, when I returned 10 minutes later they had none left). MUST DO SANDEMANS ALTERNATIVE TOUR ASAP you will fall in love with the uniqueness of this area

Good restaurants and not so far from the metro. But you take a long journey until get to Alexanderplatz, where you can find museums and can go to the west berlin

I was nervous travelling on my own and also staying in a hostel but honestly, I couldn't have had a better experience! JetPak is perfect for solo female travelling, they are welcoming, friendly and very helpful. The common area is spacious with free wifi. They have free breakfast/tea/coffee every day and the fridge is full of beer and soft drinks for which there is a trust bucket! The staff trust you to pay your 1 eur for the beer or whatever you need, which I think it's awesome!. The rooms are

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Romania

Svetlana was so lovely, that bright smile made for a perfect start to each day. Delicious lattes. Located in a great neighbourhood, with plenty of good restaurants, bars and cluuurbs. Our fave hostel yet