Jetpak Alternative Reviews

Goerlitzerstrasse 38, Berlin, Berlin, Germany

loved the hostel: the common room is great and people are sociable (not always on their phone or laptop)

Staying at Jetpak was the best decision I made when I went to Berlin recently. Staying in Kreuzberg was really cool (great food and nightlife!), and getting to Mitte to see the more touristy sights wasn´t hard at all. The people staying at Jetpak were all really nice, and the people working there were very accomodating. Ask James for a coffee recommendation! I went alone, and I met loads of people to go out with. Definitely will stay there again next time.

Jetpak Alternative is a brilliant hostel. It's in a cracking location, really clean, boasts great facilities, has an easy going, chilled out atmosphere, and it's run by wonderful people. I had the craziest weekend in Berlin and I'll be back in August. I had booked a different hostel but now I'm a Jetpakker, I've cancelled that booking in order to stay here again!

• 22nd May 2014

Best hostel in the whole stay. Friendly and helpful staff.

Great hostel for meeting fellow travellers, staff very helpful and friendly, decent location, bars and clubs are short walking distance

Wow. Awesome place, location and people- one of the best hostels ive stayed at. James, Lynne and Grant make sure you feel right at home. Great facilities and vibe for the solo traveller. Will definitely be back nedt time im in Berlin!

Excellent hostel ! Great staff and facilities ! No complaints whatsoever !

It turns out that Jetpak Alternative is probably in my top 3 favourite hostels in the world! Beds are comfy with big pillows and power sockets, there are plenty of bathrooms all fitted with new showers, everything is cleaned thoroughly each day. The location in Kreuzberg is perfect, there are many places to eat nearby, and most of the best Berlin nightlife is within waking distance! The breakfast is fantastic with some great coffee available from staff!

Great place, great staff. Great location but probably not for everybody, if you wanted to stay in the centre, it's not for you. If you want a better experience and the real Berlin , do it.

Hay, We are super pleased you had such a great time at our hostel and we loved having you to stay. In response to your location you are right we are not close to the main big museums but they are only a 20 min train ride away and that we are located slap bang in the middle of all the bars and main clubs. Thank you for your review.

By far from all the places Ive travelled this is THE BEST HOSTEL!!!!!! I would stay again!!!! Location is the arty area and close to some cool bars (madame claude was our local bar, badeshiffe and canal bar) close to cheap food streets and near park. Facilities: nicest bathrooms with heaps of space to put clothes, clean! bed rooms were timber so it doesnt creek!!! As solo traveler this was the best place to meet everyone. SMALL, BOUTIQUE, FRIENDLY, AWESOME!!! recommend to EVERYONE!!!!

This was my second stay and i loved it just as much as the first time, there are a few things that need fixing (shower door, lockers) but that's if i'm being really fussy. Thank you for another wonderful stay :D

Really liked this hostel a lot. It's located very close to great eateries, bars, parks, and clubs. The dorms have a really neat set-up and everything is very nice/clean. The staff always gives good tips about where to go at night and occasionally you'll find them about city doing the things they recommend. This is a great place for solo travelers, you will make lots of friends and have a great time!

Great hostel. Really nice staff and a relatively smaller common room make it super easy to meet new people in this Hostel. I also really liked that buying drinks worked on an honor system. The provided breakfast was amazing, they even had Vegemite and free coffees. Excellent location within walking distance of loads of bars, clubs and restaurants. Never had a problem with the WiFi and the bathrooms were always super clean. Would definitely recommend to friends.

Excellent staff, social atmosphere, clean rooms and 1€ bottles of beer! Close to the clubs but quite far from main tourist sights. Environment around was less than desirable with a rough looking crowd hanging out at every entrance to the park across the street and several offering acid for sale. Depends on the person but it might be right for you, you decide.

Hay, Thanks for the review. We are please you has a great time at the hostel. Just in response to your comment regarding the park, it is perfectly safe both day and night not only used by our guest but also by the local community.

I have been traveling to Berlin for research, and I've been consistently staying at hostels within the JetPak brand. This was my first time at JetPak Alternative and I really am glad that I decided to stick with this group when looking for a place in Kreuzberg. The location is right by the interesting bars, cafes, and restaurants of this fun neighborhood. In regards to the room itself it was clean and comfortable. Plus, the staff and guests create a really warm and welcoming environment.

• 13th May 2014

I wish there was a ranking better than Excellent for the staff, atmosphere, and facilities. James, Grant, and Lynn were all amazing and made you feel like you were at home and they were family. The atmosphere is great, and they have an awesome computer to use, as well as an Xbox 360 with a bunch of games and 4 controllers! Would never stay at another hostel in Berlin if I had a choice.

Great staff, great (but different) location. Stay here to see a different side of berlin.

Jetpak Alternative is The place to stay, especially for young solo travelers. The staff create a great social atmosphere, where it's easy to meet people. Also, their age limit is vital for those travelers who don't want to hang out with young college kids. The breakfast is tasty, and the staff are great baristas. Highly recommended!

Great location and fantastic staff. Also nice pillows and good coffee for breakfast.

• 8th May 2014
  • Lithuania

Wonderfull ambience, exelent staff only comment I could have is that the cleaninglady came in our 3beds bedroom while we were all three still in bed. a bit uncomfortable. Besides of that, it's a great hostel!

• 6th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hay! I am so glad you had such a great time both at our hostel and in Berlin. I am sorry that the cleaning lady coming in and cleaning made you feel uncomfortable I can only apologist about this and that of you stay with us again and stay in that room again we will make sure she dose not enter wile your in there. However, we hope to see you again!