Jikeleza Lodge International Backpackers Hostel

6.8
Good 201 Total Reviews

• Belgium, Female, 41+
30th Jul 2017

The central location is a great plus. The staff is very friendly and helpful. When I stayed there, it was in a calm period, but I imagine that given some more people, the atmosphere could be really good. When I am in Port Elizabeth again, I will certainly go there again.

Hi Chantal, yes July can be quiet but there were 17 people staying in the hostel on the night you stayed. They just kept very quiet and went to bed early. It was great having you and we would really like to see you back here and spend a little longer in our city.

8th Jul 2017
2.6

Hostel é antigo, não houve limpeza do quarto nenhuma vez e é localizado numa região da periferia, não recomendo aos viajantes.

Hi Mateus, I am sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned on one day. I am sure if you had mentioned this to the manager on duty it would have been sorted out quickly. I am not sure what you mean about being in a suburban area. We are right in the centre of the historical centre of Port Elizabeth, close to the art and heritage walks, restaurants, shops and night life. Yes the hostel is old, having been built in the early 1900s. Most people enjoy the charm of the older buildingss

• Germany, Female, 31-40
12th Jun 2017
3.7

Leider hat uns der Aufenthalt dort garnicht gefallen. Das gebuchte Doppelzimmer war eine Gartenhütte und das Bad lag ebenfalls im Garten. Eigentlich kein Problem aber ein Hinweis bei der Buchung wäre nett! Die Küche klebt und ist dreckig und die Kühlschränke voller Schimmel... leider waren die Damen an der Rezeption auch nicht sehr auskunftsfreudig. Sehenswürdigkeiten in der Nähe und ein Supermarkt sind fußläufig zu erreichen!

Hi Ann-Michelle, I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay and thank you for bringing the issues to my attention. The kitchen table has been re-coated and we obviously must have cleaned the kitchen and the fridges in the meantime, as I could not find any mold on the fridges and the kitchen was clean.I will address the issue about the staff not being informative. They have all studied tourism and I make a point that they should know what is going on in and around Port Elizabeth and to communicate this to our guests.

• Netherlands, All Female Group, 18-24
15th Apr 2017

We had a lovely stay at the beautiful 'joy' room. It was our last night of the Garden route and this bed was perfect for our tired bodies. It felt like home!

Hi Marije, thank you for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back in South Africa and for a longer stay in Port Elizabeth.

• France, Male, 18-24
13th Apr 2017

Bon backpackers, WiFi top, propre et personnel sympathique

Hi, Thank you for giving us feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. It is always nice to hear from our guests and it was a pleasure having you stay with us.

×