Jimmy's Hostel Reviews

Parikia Paros, Paros, Greece

Mostly everything great. The credit card machine didnt work, yeah, for the last four months. They tried to fix it by taking me to a travel agency and pay there, but the minimum is 30 euros, at least that was what they said.. I dont know why, hot water wasn't hot... Everything else, great. They picked me up and take me to port for free!

Good location in Parikia the main town on Paros. Just 5-10 minutes walk from the port. Stayed in a 5 bed dorm with bathroom ensuite. The rooms were nice and clean and with two little terraces. Unfortunately we were not allowed to use the rooftop terrace which seemed to be nice. Met some people there but all in all not that a social hostel at least when I was there. But okay to relax and close to the beaches. All restaurants and bars in Parikia are in walking distance.

Central location and clean. Dorms lock but have no lockers.

Thanks heaps, nice base for a couple of nights

Had a great time staying at Jimmys. Staff was extremely friendly. Room was cleaned every day. Perfect to meet other people. Amazing sunset at the rooftop. Highly recommended

Very good. Made us feel very special. Nice rooms and helpful staff. Can really recomend it.

Unfortunately we had bedbugs in our room and both ended up with bites, but my girlfriend had over 60! The owners were however very good at sorting out alternative accommodation as they were fully booked, and they paid the difference in the price. We spoke to quite a number of other guests throughout out stay, and NONE of them were bitten, so it seems to be an isolated infestation.

We have the BEST TIME EVER!!! Markos is a KING! Maria we love you, always there to help or just to have a chat. Great location so close to the beach. We never wanted to leave!!

Marco was the best, had a great bbq with all the hostel on the rooftop, great location to the beach. only downside is you have to be quiet starting at 11. there was a man who literally shushed us everytime someone coughed, sneezed, or giggled. was a bit annoying especially since dinner ended at 1030 on the terrace, not even time to wind down after a great meal. otherwise fun and nice rooms.

Staff were friendly however at around 11pm at night people who gather to socialize on the roof top are literally kicked out of the building, so it's hard to socialize with other people with such a lack of a common area. The rooms a big and spaciscous, beds are comfortable with good AC. Big down side is having no safety boxes/ lockers in room. I would stay here again if I was in Paros

Great place to stay. Great location. Very clean. Marko is great. All staff very friendly and Jimmy's daughter speaks excellent English !!

I reserved a 4 person dorm but when I arrived they said there was no such thing and the lady blamed it on her partner (who never showed face after 4 days and 3 nights of my stay) so we were placed in a 6 person dorm. No biggie but then everytime I was in the reception area for Internet I heard her use the same story for other people checking in... Did not like that at all Her daughter is nice and the place is cute but I don't like that I didn't get what I reserved

• 14th Aug 2014

Homely and quiet, good basic hostel.

Very unhelpful staff. Small apartment style rooms were great, while the dorm rooms were damp and dark.

Website said fees could be paid by credit, but upon arrival we were told cash only. Very inconvenient.

• 12th Aug 2014

Great hostel - thanks!

I consider this hostel an excellent option regarding quality and price. Everything is clean and staff really take care of you. They look for your happiness. Situation is also good since it is near the beach and just 5-10 minutes walking from the centre of Parikia. In addition roof top of the hostel has an amazing sunset view. Really a good option!

Really pleasant place. Would go back.

If you're going to Paros, you have to stay at Jimmys! From the moment we got picked up from the port we felt so welcome. All the staff were lovely and only happy to help! I feel like I should have paid more money for the stay- it was that good!

Had a great stay at Jimmy's. One of the best hostels that I've been to. The rooms are clean and everything works well. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Location is ideal. More expensive than other hostels but certainly worth the price.

• 4th Aug 2014