Jimmy's Hostel Reviews

Parikia Paros, Paros, Greece

Very good. Made us feel very special. Nice rooms and helpful staff. Can really recomend it.

Unfortunately we had bedbugs in our room and both ended up with bites, but my girlfriend had over 60! The owners were however very good at sorting out alternative accommodation as they were fully booked, and they paid the difference in the price. We spoke to quite a number of other guests throughout out stay, and NONE of them were bitten, so it seems to be an isolated infestation.

We have the BEST TIME EVER!!! Markos is a KING! Maria we love you, always there to help or just to have a chat. Great location so close to the beach. We never wanted to leave!!

Marco was the best, had a great bbq with all the hostel on the rooftop, great location to the beach. only downside is you have to be quiet starting at 11. there was a man who literally shushed us everytime someone coughed, sneezed, or giggled. was a bit annoying especially since dinner ended at 1030 on the terrace, not even time to wind down after a great meal. otherwise fun and nice rooms.

Staff were friendly however at around 11pm at night people who gather to socialize on the roof top are literally kicked out of the building, so it's hard to socialize with other people with such a lack of a common area. The rooms a big and spaciscous, beds are comfortable with good AC. Big down side is having no safety boxes/ lockers in room. I would stay here again if I was in Paros

Great place to stay. Great location. Very clean. Marko is great. All staff very friendly and Jimmy's daughter speaks excellent English !!

I reserved a 4 person dorm but when I arrived they said there was no such thing and the lady blamed it on her partner (who never showed face after 4 days and 3 nights of my stay) so we were placed in a 6 person dorm. No biggie but then everytime I was in the reception area for Internet I heard her use the same story for other people checking in... Did not like that at all Her daughter is nice and the place is cute but I don't like that I didn't get what I reserved

• 14th Aug 2014

Homely and quiet, good basic hostel.

• 13th Aug 2014

Website said fees could be paid by credit, but upon arrival we were told cash only. Very inconvenient.

• 12th Aug 2014

Great hostel - thanks!

I consider this hostel an excellent option regarding quality and price. Everything is clean and staff really take care of you. They look for your happiness. Situation is also good since it is near the beach and just 5-10 minutes walking from the centre of Parikia. In addition roof top of the hostel has an amazing sunset view. Really a good option!

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Really pleasant place. Would go back.

If you're going to Paros, you have to stay at Jimmys! From the moment we got picked up from the port we felt so welcome. All the staff were lovely and only happy to help! I feel like I should have paid more money for the stay- it was that good!

Had a great stay at Jimmy's. One of the best hostels that I've been to. The rooms are clean and everything works well. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Location is ideal. More expensive than other hostels but certainly worth the price.

• 4th Aug 2014

Superb location and room. Staff very friendly and helpful. Wifi is terrible here, other than that enjoyed it. Private 4 bed room was great for friends and I. Air con, laundry and fridge!

Overall we loved Jimmy's! It has a great common area and kitchen on the rooftop. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Good place to socialize and meet other travelers. We had to change rooms during our stay which was annoying but the positives made up for it.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Markus was great, he picked us up from the port late at night. The room was really clean. Jimmy's Hostel is a really pretty Greek-style house. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there!

Slightly disappointed as past reviews made if sound so amazing. Great location and rooftop terrace even though we were promised a BBQ and didn't have one! Also really difficult the wifi was down for bit less than 24 hours and it was my friends birthday so she couldn't get in contact with anyone from home which was frustrating!! Would still recommend it!

Dirty dirty dirty. the first night we found a dirty dish in our room's sink. The bedsheets were dirty, and in the second room we were allocated the floor was invaded by ants. No value for the money we paid.

Jimmys was in a good location. air con, tv and own bathroom were a bonus. his daughter Maria is such a nice helpful girl! she always went out of her way to help everyone!! only downside is having to be dead quiet after 11pm. stupid for a hostel. we were quietly watching tv in our room and he knocked on our door 3 times and told us to be quiet... rediculous.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4