Jimmy's Hostel Reviews

Parikia Paros, Paros, Greece

The rooms were great. As was the free transport by the fun guy and the loud music. The only down fall was the young girl checking us in was very disorganised

• 21st Aug 2015

Hostel owners were drugos! I loved it!

Jimmy's was great for our 5 night stay in Paros. Jimmy picked us up from the port. Rooftop garden had views of the water and met heaps of people up there every night. AC was sometimes too good. WIFI only worked in the common room.

The location is great. Book a shuttle from the port to the hostel BUT be prepared for a 15 minute walk as sometimes they forget to show up! There's a fully-stocked kitchen, beautiful rooftop patio, which is a great way to meet people, friendly hosts and very clean rooms with AC. Some rooms even have a fridge and stove. It's close to restaus. Go to a white restaurant called Kopalli (spelling?). Walk towards beach, turn right, past camping ground. Stuffed grilled squid. Will not disappoint.

Very nice hostel. We were upgraded to a private room, which was awesome. Maria was very helpful and friendly, and the free pickup from the port was nice, even though the hostel is very close. Very close to a local beach and a nice rooftop area.

Jimmys was definitely an experience. Our room was amazing so nice to go back to after a long night out. It was in a really nice location as well. Just off the beach and right near some great resturaunts. The roof top terrace was also gorgeous for sunset!!

If in Paros stay at Jimmy's Hostel, no questions asked. The family run hostel provided the perfect balance between comfort and enjoyment. The communal areas are designed perfectly and everyone connected to the place are of the kindest nature. They made me feel at home and that allowed for me to have the best Paros experience imaginable.

I had the best stay here !! Maria is so kind and helpful and so are the rest of the staff ! :) very good place to meet people for a solo traveller :) 5 minute walk to the beach it was a fantastic place and will most definitely be back :)

A friend and I stayed in the dorm rooms for some nights and we loved it. The rooms are very clean and the facilities are so good that it almost feels like staying at a hotel. However, the atmosphere is one of a perfect hostel with a fantastic rooftop where you easily meet other travellers as well as very nice and friendly staff. Maria is fantastic! I would've to stay at Jimmys hostel again and warmly recommend it to other travellers.

The staff were incredibly friendly and very down-to-the-point, which made me feel very welcomed. The location was absolutely amazing. However, my roommates kept shutting off the air conditioning in the middle of summer so the room's got really hot and humid, AND one of them was sick! She was basically encouraging her germs to spread around; gross. Also, there is no lock box or locker, so have a good hiding spot for your valuables! Overall, I'd rate this place a B+.

• 30th Jul 2015

Great place, Pyros is a cool island, and the hostel was super social and fun.

Great hostel with a relaxed atmosphere. At night everyone goes to the roof patio to drink and then go out. Good for a solo traveler.

One of the best Hostels I've ever stayed in, absolutely beautiful building, amazing staff and great atmosphere When you get of the port you'll see a crazy Greek man shouting 'JIMMY'sSSSSS' - That's ur guy! Maria is the daighter of Jimmy and co-runes hostel with him- she was literally the sweetest tiny little bird! So kind and genuine an phenomenally good at her job! Really looks after her guests and is always smiling - makes the hostel!

Really enjoyed our stay, rooms were Villa like which was a nice change. Only fault was the kitchen, lacks in some basic equipment like a toaster. Also the knives are blunt. Other then that a great place.

Loved my stay at jimmy's! Great atmosphere at night on the rooftop. Facilities were great in both the rooms and the common area. Maria was lovely and always there if you had any questions. Cant wait to go back!

Friendliest staff and very clean!

Jimmys hostel is exactly what you would hope a hostel would be! I only booked one night and stayed 3... Family owned, such a lovely atmosphere with everyone sitting on the rooftop in the evening, great location, rooms and bathrooms are cleaned daily, so good having a kitchenette in the dorm room. Thank you to Maria for always wearing a huge smile, so helpful :)

After traveling Europe for seven weeks this was easily my favorite hostel. I originally booked three nights and ended up staying for eight. The building itself is beautiful and the rooms are really nice, they all have ensuite bathrooms and private terraces. But the coolest thing about this place is the vibe. Drinks on the roof every night while watching the sunset never gets old. Jimmy and his daughter Maria do a fantastic job of running this place and I will definitely be back!

• 21st Jul 2015

Very great atmosphere here. Rooftop terrace where everyone goes to drink for the night. Big kitchen to use. Very fun and awesome place to be

From check in we didn't feel very welcome here. On arrival we were lectured about hostel rules - not really a very warm welcome and nothing was shared about the island or what to do.. Secondly we weren't picked up from the port which was one of the reasons we booked. On our first day I was having a nap in our room when I was awoken by a girl who had our keys and was looking around our room --- seriously not a very secure place. We were very happy to leave.

« first « Prev 1 2 3