Jimmy's Hostel Reviews

Parikia Paros, Paros, Greece

Website said fees could be paid by credit, but upon arrival we were told cash only. Very inconvenient.

• 12th Aug 2014

Great hostel - thanks!

I consider this hostel an excellent option regarding quality and price. Everything is clean and staff really take care of you. They look for your happiness. Situation is also good since it is near the beach and just 5-10 minutes walking from the centre of Parikia. In addition roof top of the hostel has an amazing sunset view. Really a good option!

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Spain

If you're going to Paros, you have to stay at Jimmys! From the moment we got picked up from the port we felt so welcome. All the staff were lovely and only happy to help! I feel like I should have paid more money for the stay- it was that good!

Had a great stay at Jimmy's. One of the best hostels that I've been to. The rooms are clean and everything works well. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Location is ideal. More expensive than other hostels but certainly worth the price.

• 4th Aug 2014

Overall we loved Jimmy's! It has a great common area and kitchen on the rooftop. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Good place to socialize and meet other travelers. We had to change rooms during our stay which was annoying but the positives made up for it.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Markus was great, he picked us up from the port late at night. The room was really clean. Jimmy's Hostel is a really pretty Greek-style house. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there!

Slightly disappointed as past reviews made if sound so amazing. Great location and rooftop terrace even though we were promised a BBQ and didn't have one! Also really difficult the wifi was down for bit less than 24 hours and it was my friends birthday so she couldn't get in contact with anyone from home which was frustrating!! Would still recommend it!

Dirty dirty dirty. the first night we found a dirty dish in our room's sink. The bedsheets were dirty, and in the second room we were allocated the floor was invaded by ants. No value for the money we paid.

Jimmys was in a good location. air con, tv and own bathroom were a bonus. his daughter Maria is such a nice helpful girl! she always went out of her way to help everyone!! only downside is having to be dead quiet after 11pm. stupid for a hostel. we were quietly watching tv in our room and he knocked on our door 3 times and told us to be quiet... rediculous.

I loved this hostel and Paros. The family is great, although mama can be a little moody at times. Marcos

the dorm room was divided into two twin rooms, one of which was an enclosed side room with no ventilation at all or windows; the other was a master bedroom and had a balcony which allowed for some ventilation but even here the AC did not work. for mid-summer the lack of ventilation meant there was no chance of getting any sleep in the sweltering heat

Great hostel, reception where very helpful, Lost a key didn't charge. Definitely recommend!

Had a great week at Jimmy's Hostel. The hostel isn't the most modern, could definitely use some updating in kitchen and bathroom areas however the most important thing to me is the social atmosphere. Jimmy's layout allows travellers to meet up, usually on the top deck for a bevy at the end of the night. I met many new friends up there and ended up travelling around Paros with a great group. However there are noise restrictions and by 11 or 11:30pm you'll have to move on. I had a great time here!

• 25th Jul 2014

The whole place was some sort of Student dorm with some apartments. They basically rent all old apartments on a bed by bed basis which gives you a spacious Double room with another hostel guest. These rooms are definitly beyond nice. The bathroom was also quite old and had no way to lock it. Upside was the ac in the room. The hostel is also equipped with a basic kitchen. The wifi had some Time out but they were onto fixing that when i left. The rooms dont have lockers. The staff was nice.

This is a fantastic hostel, and the staff go above and beyond the call of duty.

Jimmys was the best hostel. Really friendly and helpful staff and a great atmosphere. 2 min walk to the beach! It was great having the barbecues on the rooftop. Thanks

Awesome place! The roof top its the place to be. Barbecue and meeting cool people! This place was perfect for the solo backpacker to meet people. Awesome set up. Nice staff. We had 2 bed rooms, a bathroom with shower, a balcony, and mini kitchen (fridge and stove). I didn't want to leave! I'll be back someday!

Staff were generally friendly but I didnt like was the "security" guy who would walk around after 11pm to impose the noise curfew. He would shoosh everyone, even if we were having a whispered conversation so we would leave for the beach as it made us feel like we were being kicked out of the hostel. I understand it might be in a residential area or other guests are trying to sleep so you need to keep quiet but it means you can't hang or chill out on the terrace at night which is a shame.

• 18th Jul 2014

My stay here was great. The staff went out of their way to make you feel at home. The people who stayed here were awesome. As a solo traveller I had no problems meeting people or finding things to do. It's close to the beach, restaurants and other activities. The only downfall was that the wireless was only available in the common room. But even this meant you met everyone staying there right away. We all extended our stay here and would defiantly stay here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3